PDA

View Full Version : stop fox hunting

london_calling
02-17-2005, 01:17 PM
it sucks !!!!!!!!!

Mota Boy
02-17-2005, 01:47 PM
You have obviously put a lot of thought into your position on the matter.

RXP
02-17-2005, 01:47 PM
I agree on so many levels. Plus I hate the toffs that do it. There was this really fit bitch on the news yesterday going on about how she'll do it after the ban's in force. I hope she gets raped. Bitch.

Marion
02-18-2005, 02:33 AM
unfortunatly I think it shoud stay. The fox hunting industry is not just toffs. There are a lot of working class people employed in this area. Foxes carry disese. The cause a lot of damage and costs to recover loss can be high. If you are having a problem with a fox and use dogs then you can get the fox that is the problem. They do go by other foxes they don't just go for any fox. Anyway, if you ban hunting completly where does it end? I know this is a hard topic but we are to far removed from hunting now. There was a time when you had to hunt your own food and now we just go to the shop. Hunting is a skill that is dying out fast.

RXP
02-18-2005, 02:41 AM
The gayest argument ever. Hunt them with guns then. Not dogs.

Humans carry lots of disease. I think we should hunt the whores who are infested with STD.

Marion
02-18-2005, 02:43 AM
if you hunt ith dogs you are not killing the wrong fox, and even if you do hunt with dogs the fox gets shot not killed by the dogs. Anyway I don't hunt just know a lot of people that do http://www.countryside-alliance.org/ these people know more about it if anyone wants to know.

RXP
02-18-2005, 02:58 AM
Bruv I know how the hunt works. The dogs chase the fox until it's heart is literally burning out, it's organs are over heating and it's body is in a constant panic state.

Deer hunting on teh other hand you aim you fire you kill. That's how it should be.

The cuntryside alliance is full of horse shit. I can't wait to see the statute litigated in the courts. Be interesting.

meaning_of_life
02-18-2005, 03:46 AM
ban it i say. hunting is the lamest "sport" ever.

RXP
02-18-2005, 03:46 AM
I think we should hunt upper middle class people in fields for a sport. THat would be fun. Kinda like Dog boys but better.

london_calling
02-18-2005, 05:22 AM
yeh lets hunt the fuckers that hunt foxes

SkunkIt
02-19-2005, 12:19 AM
I say ban every kind of hunting. Some rich drunk bastards with guns call it a sport. Killing isn't a sport. If killing was a sport, death row executions would be on sports channels. Any bastards who finds hunting fun should be slapped outside the head a few times.

london_calling
02-19-2005, 04:43 AM
well said :D

Noodles is gay
02-19-2005, 03:16 PM
I personally enjoy fox hunting and would strongly oppose a ban; it's fun and it keeps the fox population down.

wickedsparkle
02-19-2005, 04:01 PM
foxes kill chickens, they don't eat them just kill them.
We kill foxes and don't eat them,
is it something about revenge?
but we do NEED to keep the fox population down, just make it more humane
than letting the fox run to death while terrified.

offspringrammsteinfan
02-20-2005, 05:01 AM
it sucks !!!!!!!!!

couldn't just say hunting sucks, cause that's my oppinion, I don't care about which animal it is, it's as mean as it is...

stathis21
02-20-2005, 05:20 AM
:mad: it must be stoped!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Strider
02-22-2005, 03:48 AM
Stop it now! Let the poor foxes live

livingdeadgirl
02-22-2005, 04:41 AM
ban it i say. hunting is the lamest "sport" ever.
woohoo! long live meaning_of_life!!!

akira
02-22-2005, 06:03 AM
There was this really fit bitch on the news yesterday going on about how she'll do it after the ban's in force. I hope she gets raped. Bitch.
I saw the same thing on tv ... theses people are out of reality ...
Fox hunting is lame and stupid, why don't we hunt for neo nazis or stuff like that ? :D

Iddy
02-22-2005, 12:10 PM
any hunting that's not for food, but for pleasure, in my opinion should be banned. Its not just a 'animal rights' stance... i believe humans have more rights. look at it this way.. its taking life for fun... gloating, taking pride in the bullying of another living thing.. getting kicks out of death.... screw tradition.

Ken Jennings
02-24-2005, 09:50 PM
I don't think humans should be killing foxes, but animals kill other animals for food, and that keeps the population healthier and not overpopulated, so there isn't a shortage of food for the herbivores (plant eaters).

Jackish
02-25-2005, 06:50 AM
Bullying and taking pride in killing a smaller weaker person or animal is the greatest human urge of them all. Greater even than the urge to procreate.

Does that make me inhuman not to agree then?

JoY
02-25-2005, 02:54 PM
did you know, that hunters actually keep statistics & that they're bound to rules, so they won't interfere with the natural balance & that without hunters nature -would- most likely be unbalanced, because of the way *we*'ve deformed it?

did you know, that foxes also hunt themselves & procreate so fast, that many other animals would vanish in free nature, if a few weren't shot once in a while?

did you know, that like Mota said, foxes sometimes carry diseases, that threaten several animal kinds in free nature?

did you know that it's natural for human kind to hunt & that it's unnatural to put fifty-thousand chickens in a small space to breed & kill?

did you know, that with other forms of human entertainment (car-racing, computer-/video-games, television, team-sports [YES, you need a fucking field for it most of the times]) we screw nature over like our life depends on it & kill tons & tons of animals per year?

did you know, that hunters are mostly incredible nature-lovers, who love to be in the forest, who love to see all the animals wake up early in the morning, who enjoy the sunrise through the trees & really don't have the intention to see animals suffer & die, but merely love to be outdoors, consider shooting a sport (as MANY other people do, who don't hunt for animals) & want to give it a use by aiming for something that has to go anyway?

I could go on like this forever, but it all comes down to the fact, that hunting is relatively a harmless way to entertain yourself & that it can be functional on top.

I'm not saying hunters are angels, I'm not saying I myself could ever shoot a living creature, I'm just saying it's a healthy form of entertainment & overall MUCH healthier for yourself & nature, than spending your days behind a -fucking- computer.

I'm just saying none of you has put enough thought in this to be able to judge this sport. because that's what it is. some people hit a ball in the direction of a little hole fucking miles away, some love to beat each other with big red gloves, some like to run around with 21 others looking for a ball to kick against, others just enjoy shooting wild animals. most forms of entertainment are fucking useless & rediculous, when you think of it. this form is not hurting anyone & is actually more 'nature-friendly' than many other forms of entertainment, so just put a fucking sock in your face & know what you're talking about when you open that judgemental, generalising, ignorant gap in it.

what's really useless is dog- & bearfighting. it's unnatural, the way these animals are trained & raised is cruel & it doesn't have any purpose, besides our -passive- entertainment. unlike hunting, it's based on suffering, that's what makes it cruel.

JoY
02-25-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm not done yet.
every one of you is just a fucking pussy, who never even has had the pleasure of consciously experiencing anything that has to do with pure nature & who has never realised it's actual worth. you sit comfortably behind your computer, posting three-word & one-line criticism about hunters, when you KNOW goddam well you've indirectly helped to make large groups of animals completely disappear. hypocrits. you can't even manage to come up with ONE good argument, besides "but they're innocent! you don't shoot down innocent human being either, now do you?". I bet you can't even grasp the definition of innocence.

got any idea how much time hunters spend in nature, also without actually shooting anything? do you know how incredibly well they understand the worth of nature & of wild life? how deep their love for these things actually goes? do you know what it fucking takes to get a hunting-certificate/licence?

you don't, do you? let me at least give you the answer to the last question; they have to recognise every animal they can come across, no matter if they'd hunt in their own country/neighbourhood, or another. they have to know the habits, behaviour, natural habitats & everything you can possibly imagine about these animals. they have to learn how to shoot & how to shoot well, so the animal doesn't suffer. they have to know which are the animals they're allowed to shoot & how many of them they may shoot, so the natural balance stays intact. they have to recognise every animal from great distance.

to be willing to even study over FIFTY fucking kinds of DUCKS, know & recognise their behaviour, colours, shapes, sounds, your love for nature must be quite something. quite something indeed.

& my FUCKING god. some of you, UGH, some of you even -dare- to generalise & sketch hunters as rich, inhumane, upper class, heartless creatures.
rich & mean always go nicely together in the heads of the dumb, don't they?? thousands of children-stories of cold-hearted rich business men, that couldn't care less about other people & sweet, fluffy, innocent animals stuck in there, unable to be replaced by simple reality, because that already is too complicated for you to understand. it sickens me. seriously.

I suggest the lot of you go hunting some time with a licenced hunter, who shows you what the animals are called, what the different kinds are, where they go in summertime, what time they wake up & how many there are of them in free nature.

wheelchairman
02-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Peaches, no one said that all hunters are rich snobs with guns. The generalisation is that Fox Hunters are rich snobs with guns. And that, is simply based on historical fact. In recent times in England it's become more accessible to the average person, but it is, for a large part, the pursuit of the idle rich.

And you seem to have 'the balance of nature' confused with 'the laws of accounting.' Whatever we've done to the environment, shooting foxes doesn't really equalize that, now does it? Factory-Farming suddenly doesn't become equal. The thing with the fox population is, that when it does breed so much, (and this is where the balance of nature comes in) it eventually eats all of it's food. Then the fox population tends to starve to death. That is the balance of nature. Although balance of nature is a ridiculous term in the first place.

The hunt is not based on a love for nature. If it was, then they would just sit in nature and enjoy it. The hunt is based on the love for the adrenalize rush. That's the point now isn't it? They love chasing these foxes until the very end. The whole experience goes with it. (and this is fox-hunting mind you, couldn't care less about duck-hunting.) It is, in it's own way, a will to cruelty, whether they chose to admit it or not. Now I'm no RSPCA fan nor vegetarian by any means, nor do I have a particularly strong opinion on fox-hunting. I do however think your long posts were rather unfair.

Mota Boy
02-25-2005, 04:58 PM
any hunting that's not for food, but for pleasure, in my opinion should be banned. Its not just a 'animal rights' stance... i believe humans have more rights. look at it this way.. its taking life for fun... gloating, taking pride in the bullying of another living thing.. getting kicks out of death.... screw tradition.
That's rather silly. How much of it do you have to eat in order to make the death legal? Does eating it have to be necessary for survival, an economical necessity or can anyone do it as long as they eat what they kill? Could they feed it to their dog? Could they sell or give it to other people to eat?

How could you base a law on how people feel about doing something, something that you can't regulate?

Oh, and I am in support of fox hunting.

JoY
02-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Peaches, no one said that all hunters are rich snobs with guns. The generalisation is that Fox Hunters are rich snobs with guns. And that, is simply based on historical fact. In recent times in England it's become more accessible to the average person, but it is, for a large part, the pursuit of the idle rich.

And you seem to have 'the balance of nature' confused with 'the laws of accounting.' Whatever we've done to the environment, shooting foxes doesn't really equalize that, now does it? Factory-Farming suddenly doesn't become equal. The thing with the fox population is, that when it does breed so much, (and this is where the balance of nature comes in) it eventually eats all of it's food. Then the fox population tends to starve to death. That is the balance of nature. Although balance of nature is a ridiculous term in the first place.

The hunt is not based on a love for nature. If it was, then they would just sit in nature and enjoy it. The hunt is based on the love for the adrenalize rush. That's the point now isn't it? They love chasing these foxes until the very end. The whole experience goes with it. (and this is fox-hunting mind you, couldn't care less about duck-hunting.) It is, in it's own way, a will to cruelty, whether they chose to admit it or not. Now I'm no RSPCA fan nor vegetarian by any means, nor do I have a particularly strong opinion on fox-hunting. I do however think your long posts were rather unfair.

fox hunters need a certificate/licence. right? or am I going completely insane here?? & doesn't that make them as much of a hunter as any other person, that shoots animals? & don't they have to study their fucking ass off about nature in order to get this licence? I can assure you, none of the schweethearts on here knows as much about nature, as hunters. they KNOW the value of nature. they're not mindless. & yes, they're doing it for recreation. I never said they didn't, I never tried to deny that, all I did was pointing out their understanding & love for nature, which is justified. they do hunt for recreation, but then again, people do stupid, retarded, useless things to amuse themselves in life, so really, what can you do?

'natural balance' may be a retarded term. it's probably also the most over-used excuse by hunters. yeah, probably. & most of the times it's probably lame. (whenever my boyfriend says it, I know *I* find it incredibly lame) but there's something as the balance of forests. it doesn't do nature on world-scale much good, I'm sure, but who the fuck is still aiming for that. it's wrecked already anyway. & NOT thanks to pissing fox-hunting, or hunting of any kind.

humans have *always* tried to controll nature. I guess with statistics of balances, that's what hunters do. they have some form of control on nature. & if it turns them on or not, frankly I don't care. but I don't see what's so wrong about it. that I couldn't do it, that I can't shoot a living creature doesn't make it wrong or right. it keeps them busy & as long as they don't go overboard with it & make sure species don't vanish under their influence, I think we'll be fine.

right. rich snobs. I just want to discuss that definition with you for a few seconds. (no matter if it wasn't your choice of words) you may certainly skip my post, if I'm boring you with my opinionated ass.
you KNOW I happen to be very, very, VERY extremely passionate about one 'rich snob', or well, one guy with the history of a rich snob. that might've influenced my posts, probably a LOT even. as you know my boyfriend is a baron. do you know what that title does in these days? absolutely fucking nothing. I wouldn't even capitalise the word. if he'd scream if off rooftops, he'd be considered annoying, stuck up, arrogant & a nasty little fucker. & I'd absolutely agree. in this society titles of long forgotten days are absolutely out of place & can't particularly bother anyone (well, except for Isabelle) & his roots are so goddam far away on a time-scale & his family has gotten so wide-spread over the years...

let's just admit it. by 'rich snobs' NO ONE is exactly aiming for the "nouveau riche". (even though they annoy me so fucking much & traditional 'snobs' don't bother me at all) no, we're aiming for people, who come from families with a long history, that was once highly valued. but what is this? racism of the titles? it's not like you choose to be born a baron. & my boyfriend never chose to be born in the economical state he grew up in, which wasn't at all particularly rich. titles hardly do Jack fucking Shit for your wallet these days. so let's just seperate 'rich' & 'snobs', because it's based on prejudgements & 'old money'. old, outdated, spent money.

next. I don't if you know my boyfriend hunts. well, he does. & even though he's given me reasons to despise hunting, simply because his arguments pro hunting are pulled out of one very vague hole, I'm more than just fine with it. not by listening to him, but by seeing him. he seems to love it for the right reasons. he's not heartless & he certainly does give a shit about nature. he 'works' in the forest about every week (in fact he's there now. he cleans up the forest, saws dead branches off, so new ones can grow & a lot more.. it's physically very hard work), he makes long walks there early in the morning, he can tell me thousands of stories about all the different kinds of animals... he fucking adores the hell out of nature & so did any hunter I've ever met (oooo, I grew up in a surrounding of 'rich snobs'. let's throw rocks at me & drown me in seas of fire).

having said this I will admit, that he'd never hunt, if he didn't grow up with it. so yeah, he's a hunting baron. what a complete picture & how predictable. it's not like he considers hunting wrong for 'lower classes' to do, he just knows what it's like to hunt & for one I can't say that & I know many others here also can't. maybe I -would- enjoy it, if I knew what it's like. he used to hunt with his grandfather, who used to hunt with his grandfather & so forth. I don't have that. I don't have such a grandfather. I have one, that watched birds a lot & loved to go fishing. well, that's also an option. I've tried to do this with my grandfather, but I found it to be boring. so there. I've never in my life been so close to hunting, as I am now, now I date him. & I've never in my life understood it better. maybe it's the type of thing you need to see. see in someone's eyes.

sure sure, my boyfriend enjoys that adrenaline-rush, yes. he enjoys the hell out of hunting. (he's an 'alround' hunter, so also a fox-hunter, by the way) controlling nature in that way is fantastic to him. he finds it fascinating & fun. if he comes home with a dinner, that used to walk & gobble, which his mother will prepare, he feels like it's been a successful day & he feels he's done good at this, what he considers to be a sport. I can't help, but find that absolutely great for him. those dreamy, googly, proud eyes, like mine once were, when I'd scored a goal for our team in field-hockey. (no discussions whether that is a gay sport or not, thank you) his endless talking about it. his enthousiasm. his passion for it. don't we all need our passions in life? god, where the hell would we be without them? & he chose this one, because he grew up with it & created a deep-rooted love for it. it's not like he has a bad, poluted heart because of that. it's not like he'd like to watch an animal slowly die & suffer. it's not like he doesn't care. he's the purest, most caring person I've ever met.

so you people, yeah, go hunt a hunter. see if that's satisfying. because really, what do you actually know about them? what do -you- know about nature? how deep goes -your- love? no one is a perfect angel. my boyfriend, or any hunter for that matter, sure won't be The Exception. but you aren't either. & for any animal you didn't kill, you've done tons of other things, that aren't okay.

acgc2002
02-25-2005, 06:30 PM
hunting harp seals in Canada also sucks. Canadians who do it suck. I hate any bastard who hunts harp seals. :(

JoY
02-25-2005, 06:38 PM
hunting harp seals in Canada also sucks. Canadians who do it suck. I hate any bastard who hunts harp seals. :(
errr... my babbling about passion in eyes would make a very, very creepy, cunt-ass excuse for this.

I'm seeing a clear difference between hunting, let's say, a rabit & hunting a seal, though. don't tell me I'm the only one. I mean, it's not the same. one kind is all over the world, fucking all day to make new ones, the other animal is close to extinction (sp?) & can't even run away, if it's being chased.

oh dude.. :( cutie seals. yeah, really. dead they do serve a purpose, I suppose, but there are not too many of them already.

wheelchairman
02-26-2005, 05:33 AM
fox hunters need a certificate/licence. right? or am I going completely insane here?? & doesn't that make them as much of a hunter as any other person, that shoots animals? & don't they have to study their fucking ass off about nature in order to get this licence? I can assure you, none of the schweethearts on here knows as much about nature, as hunters. they KNOW the value of nature. they're not mindless. & yes, they're doing it for recreation. I never said they didn't, I never tried to deny that, all I did was pointing out their understanding & love for nature, which is justified. they do hunt for recreation, but then again, people do stupid, retarded, useless things to amuse themselves in life, so really, what can you do?

'natural balance' may be a retarded term. it's probably also the most over-used excuse by hunters. yeah, probably. & most of the times it's probably lame. (whenever my boyfriend says it, I know *I* find it incredibly lame) but there's something as the balance of forests. it doesn't do nature on world-scale much good, I'm sure, but who the fuck is still aiming for that. it's wrecked already anyway. & NOT thanks to pissing fox-hunting, or hunting of any kind.

humans have *always* tried to controll nature. I guess with statistics of balances, that's what hunters do. they have some form of control on nature. & if it turns them on or not, frankly I don't care. but I don't see what's so wrong about it. that I couldn't do it, that I can't shoot a living creature doesn't make it wrong or right. it keeps them busy & as long as they don't go overboard with it & make sure species don't vanish under their influence, I think we'll be fine.

right. rich snobs. I just want to discuss that definition with you for a few seconds. (no matter if it wasn't your choice of words) you may certainly skip my post, if I'm boring you with my opinionated ass.
you KNOW I happen to be very, very, VERY extremely passionate about one 'rich snob', or well, one guy with the history of a rich snob. that might've influenced my posts, probably a LOT even. as you know my boyfriend is a baron. do you know what that title does in these days? absolutely fucking nothing. I wouldn't even capitalise the word. if he'd scream if off rooftops, he'd be considered annoying, stuck up, arrogant & a nasty little fucker. & I'd absolutely agree. in this society titles of long forgotten days are absolutely out of place & can't particularly bother anyone (well, except for Isabelle) & his roots are so goddam far away on a time-scale & his family has gotten so wide-spread over the years...

let's just admit it. by 'rich snobs' NO ONE is exactly aiming for the "nouveau riche". (even though they annoy me so fucking much & traditional 'snobs' don't bother me at all) no, we're aiming for people, who come from families with a long history, that was once highly valued. but what is this? racism of the titles? it's not like you choose to be born a baron. & my boyfriend never chose to be born in the economical state he grew up in, which wasn't at all particularly rich. titles hardly do Jack fucking Shit for your wallet these days. so let's just seperate 'rich' & 'snobs', because it's based on prejudgements & 'old money'. old, outdated, spent money.

next. I don't if you know my boyfriend hunts. well, he does. & even though he's given me reasons to despise hunting, simply because his arguments pro hunting are pulled out of one very vague hole, I'm more than just fine with it. not by listening to him, but by seeing him. he seems to love it for the right reasons. he's not heartless & he certainly does give a shit about nature. he 'works' in the forest about every week (in fact he's there now. he cleans up the forest, saws dead branches off, so new ones can grow & a lot more.. it's physically very hard work), he makes long walks there early in the morning, he can tell me thousands of stories about all the different kinds of animals... he fucking adores the hell out of nature & so did any hunter I've ever met (oooo, I grew up in a surrounding of 'rich snobs'. let's throw rocks at me & drown me in seas of fire).

having said this I will admit, that he'd never hunt, if he didn't grow up with it. so yeah, he's a hunting baron. what a complete picture & how predictable. it's not like he considers hunting wrong for 'lower classes' to do, he just knows what it's like to hunt & for one I can't say that & I know many others here also can't. maybe I -would- enjoy it, if I knew what it's like. he used to hunt with his grandfather, who used to hunt with his grandfather & so forth. I don't have that. I don't have such a grandfather. I have one, that watched birds a lot & loved to go fishing. well, that's also an option. I've tried to do this with my grandfather, but I found it to be boring. so there. I've never in my life been so close to hunting, as I am now, now I date him. & I've never in my life understood it better. maybe it's the type of thing you need to see. see in someone's eyes.

sure sure, my boyfriend enjoys that adrenaline-rush, yes. he enjoys the hell out of hunting. (he's an 'alround' hunter, so also a fox-hunter, by the way) controlling nature in that way is fantastic to him. he finds it fascinating & fun. if he comes home with a dinner, that used to walk & gobble, which his mother will prepare, he feels like it's been a successful day & he feels he's done good at this, what he considers to be a sport. I can't help, but find that absolutely great for him. those dreamy, googly, proud eyes, like mine once were, when I'd scored a goal for our team in field-hockey. (no discussions whether that is a gay sport or not, thank you) his endless talking about it. his enthousiasm. his passion for it. don't we all need our passions in life? god, where the hell would we be without them? & he chose this one, because he grew up with it & created a deep-rooted love for it. it's not like he has a bad, poluted heart because of that. it's not like he'd like to watch an animal slowly die & suffer. it's not like he doesn't care. he's the purest, most caring person I've ever met.

so you people, yeah, go hunt a hunter. see if that's satisfying. because really, what do you actually know about them? what do -you- know about nature? how deep goes -your- love? no one is a perfect angel. my boyfriend, or any hunter for that matter, sure won't be The Exception. but you aren't either. & for any animal you didn't kill, you've done tons of other things, that aren't okay.
I just think that you've got all hunters stereotyped as your boyfriend, as nature lovers. That just isn't true. I grew up in America, I am well aware that that isn't true. Many aren't nature lovers, many just like killing things and drinking beer. It's a stereotype, but it's so common. It's good that in Holland they need to take tests though, I'm sure that test idea was institutionalized by people who were against the practice in the first place.

Balance of nature, balance of forests. Human interference doesn't really, nor can it balance the forest or nature. I don't believe in a natural balance, nor do I believe that humans aren't a part of nature. But as I said above, nature has a way of balancing itself. Unless your foxes come from Africa or something.

The biggest problem I have with people of aristocracy, the 'traditional' snobs, is when they are still rich. I don't care much about the ones who've come down 'to the commoner' level or whatever. But ones who still live in huge mansions on there estates. It's this kind of money that came from the work of other people that I have an extreme dislike for. But the nouveau riche (the purple commerce or something in English) are just as bad in every way today. And it's not really a problem in connection with hunting.

JoY
02-26-2005, 11:57 AM
I just think that you've got all hunters stereotyped as your boyfriend, as nature lovers. That just isn't true. I grew up in America, I am well aware that that isn't true. Many aren't nature lovers, many just like killing things and drinking beer. It's a stereotype, but it's so common. It's good that in Holland they need to take tests though, I'm sure that test idea was institutionalized by people who were against the practice in the first place.

Balance of nature, balance of forests. Human interference doesn't really, nor can it balance the forest or nature. I don't believe in a natural balance, nor do I believe that humans aren't a part of nature. But as I said above, nature has a way of balancing itself. Unless your foxes come from Africa or something.

The biggest problem I have with people of aristocracy, the 'traditional' snobs, is when they are still rich. I don't care much about the ones who've come down 'to the commoner' level or whatever. But ones who still live in huge mansions on there estates. It's this kind of money that came from the work of other people that I have an extreme dislike for. But the nouveau riche (the purple commerce or something in English) are just as bad in every way today. And it's not really a problem in connection with hunting.
maybe I did stereotype them all as my boyfriend & the four other people I know, who are passionate about this hobby. & I must say, without the tests for a hunting-licence, I'd never agree with it. in order to pass these tests (or exams), you've got to know so damn much about every living creature, that has it's home in forests.. (like I said), that it's impossible not to know what you're doing, when you're shooting a living creature.

really, I fucking swear, I don't know in how many countries they have to take these tests, but without such a test, I disagree with hunting more than that I'd agree. (to me it's not really a black/white matter) everyone, who would want this sport as a hobby, should realise what they're doing, what exactly they're shooting, so they can somewhat value an animal life. because we -are- talking about taking lives here.

I understand, that many people are agressive towards hunting. but really, being agressive towards hunters is simply not fair. why? because a hobby doesn't define someone. hunters aren't just hunters. they're people, persons, individuals with wishes, dreams, a heart & a personality. they're as human, as anyone else. like I said; for every single animal they kill, another person does forty-thousand things, that could be considered wrong.

& calling hunters 'rich snobs', because it's a tradition in 'elite' families, also isn't fair. even IF my boyfriend had grown up in a very wealthy family, that had gained money from the work of other, who am I to judge that? he isn't his family, he is he. he is Huibert. people aren't the surrounding they grow up in. it influences them, sure, but it doesn't define them. & what's wrong about being traditional? about being proud of where you come from? is that 'snob-ish'? I think it's beautiful & I think in the end everyone is in a certain way. being proud of where you come from & keeping old traditions in honour, because of your love for your family, is a pretty pure thing if you ask me. & unless you have the family from hell with a history to spit at, I think it's healthy & good.

wheelchairman
02-26-2005, 12:22 PM
I generally agree with what you wrote Peaches.

And as far as the wealthy go, I don't have a problem with who they are, as people. But as a class they got to go. (not as in physically killed, no no, but as in a more equal distribution of property etc. etc.)

JoY
02-26-2005, 01:10 PM
yay, we've came to an agreement.

seriously, yay. because I'm not always the most reasonable little thing around.

wheelchairman
02-26-2005, 01:19 PM
nah I've never witnessed you being unreasonable. Don't believe it.

oh crocodile dundee is on!

Betty
02-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Wow.

Bella, I believe I would have a similar perspective as you do. Any of the people I know who hunt are just regular people who enjoy nature and "shooting" I guess. They're not even rich at all, because here I guess it would be considered a "northerner" sport. I'd imagine the rich people would all go play golf at their country clubs. Hell, I've even gone hunting (for partridge) before with my dad and uncle (who don't make a regular activity of it)... I don't think we saw anything though so it was basically a day of walking through the woods in the fall. And then they set up cans and we shot at them. Also, you need a license here too, although I don't know how hard it is to get... I never thought it involved as much testing and knowledge as you implied. There are also laws regarding hunting season and amounts of animals you're allowed to shoot, etc.

Maybe it's narrow-minded to only think of it that way, but I guess it's to say that you're not alone in your perspective.

Also, I think there is a huge different between hunting regular type animals and like, ENDANGERED animals. As Bella said, there are so many ways that we hurt animals and the environment, why is this one such a big deal?

Interesting fact: My mom's father, my grandfather, died when she was 16 in a hunting accident. I guess he got shot by another hunter. That's pretty shitty.

Also, I absolutely HATE this disdain you have for rich people, WCM. But I don't even want to get into it.

Edit: Yeah, this has nothing to do with fox hunting. I am really not too familiar with it.

Jesus
02-26-2005, 01:23 PM
My reasons for being against the current fox hunting in the UK =p

Bruv I know how the hunt works. The dogs chase the fox until it's heart is literally burning out, it's organs are over heating and it's body is in a constant panic state.

Deer hunting on teh other hand you aim you fire you kill. That's how it should be.

that one

and 2. Most of the hounds get killed when they can't keep up with the other ones, even if they have years left to live.

JoY
02-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Wow.

Bella, I believe I would have a similar perspective as you do. Any of the people I know who hunt are just regular people who enjoy nature and "shooting" I guess. They're not even rich at all, because here I guess it would be considered a "northerner" sport. I'd imagine the rich people would all go play golf at their country clubs. Hell, I've even gone hunting (for partridge) before with my dad and uncle (who don't make a regular activity of it)... I don't think we saw anything though so it was basically a day of walking through the woods in the fall. And then they set up cans and we shot at them. Also, you need a license here too, although I don't know how hard it is to get... I never thought it involved as much testing and knowledge as you implied. There are also laws regarding hunting season and amounts of animals you're allowed to shoot, etc.

Maybe it's narrow-minded to only think of it that way, but I guess it's to say that you're not alone in your perspective.

Also, I think there is a huge different between hunting regular type animals and like, ENDANGERED animals. As Bella said, there are so many ways that we hurt animals and the environment, why is this one such a big deal?

Interesting fact: My mom's father, my grandfather, died when she was 16 in a hunting accident. I guess he got shot by another hunter. That's pretty shitty.

Also, I absolutely HATE this disdain you have for rich people, WCM. But I don't even want to get into it.

Edit: Yeah, this has nothing to do with fox hunting. I am really not too familiar with it.
thank you, thank you, thank you. you understood my point ex-fucking-actly.
& it's true. sometimes, or even a lot of times, you come home empty-handed from a day hunting , but then it's still been a wonderful day outdoors.

well, it does acquire quite some knowledge to get a licence, but my boyfriend managed to make it sound like a WORLD of things he had to learn, because frankly he has a bit of a book-/studying-phobia. nontheless I was pretty impressed by everything they had to know.

& I entirely agree on endangered animals. that's really something else.

the same goes for me, when it comes to fox-hunting, actually. I don't know too much about it. but the word 'hunting' & the post "let's hunt hunters" just fired my cracker, I guess. (that just can't be an actual expression)

Jesus
02-26-2005, 02:22 PM
the same goes for me, when it comes to fox-hunting, actually. I don't know too much about it.

Why did you vote no then?
Ow yeah, the problem with posting such long replies is that there is always a lot of stuff that can be used against yourself =p

so just put a fucking sock in your face & know what you're talking about when you open that judgemental, generalising, ignorant gap in it.

JoY
02-26-2005, 02:31 PM
I was talking about hunting & the ignorant crap that was posted about hunters.
HUNTING. & HUNTERS.
it was obvious from my post.

Edit: & the only problem with my endlessly long posts, is that most people don't take the effort to read them, or to read them carefully.

JoY
02-27-2005, 03:17 AM
cute form of sarcasm, Justin.
*smile*

JoY
02-27-2005, 04:26 AM
oh boy! kick ass!
*wiggles butt*

Striker
03-01-2005, 01:31 PM
yeh lets hunt the fuckers that hunt foxes

Yeah, I would enjoy it personally...

felix_leiter
03-02-2005, 09:15 AM
You can't hunt foxes with guns-foxes arent as large and conspicuous* as deer, they can run faster and through little gaps and shit.

The foxes can't hide or escape from the dogs. The dogs are usually smaller or about the same size, with a sense of smell to track the fox.

They won't give up or just wound a fox like an armed hunter might-they'll tear it apart. So vicious and shocking would the death be, that the fox would probably only feel the first bite before entering shock and dying.

You can't let them breed and then run out of food and balance out and all that bollocks. What's their food source? Our food source, the farmer's livestock.

I don't know how you could approach a job like it without a few drinks down you.

*unsure of spelling

Mota Boy
03-02-2005, 09:47 AM
My reasons for being against the current fox hunting in the UK

1.Bruv I know how the hunt works. The dogs chase the fox until it's heart is literally burning out, it's organs are over heating and it's body is in a constant panic state.

and 2. Most of the hounds get killed when they can't keep up with the other ones, even if they have years left to live.

However, once the hounds get to the rabbit they kill it more or less instantly, whereas, if you shoot something, it can take several minutes or even hours to die.

And number two can be solved by methods other than banning fox hunting with hounds... Hell, banning the sport probably means that many more of the now-useless dogs will be killed.

And WCM - would you be in favor of hunting if it was a sport of the masses that evil rich folk were trying to ban?

wheelchairman
03-02-2005, 09:58 AM
And WCM - would you be in favor of hunting if it was a sport of the masses that evil rich folk were trying to ban?
I'm not against hunting right now, some hard feelings towards fox-hunting which I expressed here, but not enough to care. However I'd certainly have more sympathy with the masses. I always do. I'll quote Chairman Mao on a quote that is often misunderstood (you have to understand it from a class perspective),

We should support whatever the enemy opposes and oppose whatever the enemy supports.
Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung, Classes and Class Struggle

Izie
03-02-2005, 10:28 AM
However, once the hounds get to the rabbit they kill it more or less instantly, whereas, if you shoot something, it can take several minutes or even hours to die.

License it, regulate it, shoot with tranquilizers, kill (preferably in slaughterhouse).

And number two can be solved by methods other than banning fox hunting with hounds... Hell, banning the sport probably means that many more of the now-useless dogs will be killed.

Well one of the most heard arguments was: we'll have to kill the dogs. So I assumed it had popped up in here and said they alraedy kill'm.
When/if the ban actually then there will be an outcry and people will adopt the dogs. Seriously, Brits have more donkeys as "pets" now because of Shrek, can't be to difficult to influence'm.

(this was jesus posting)

Unnatural Disaster
03-05-2005, 06:47 AM
sure, i guess i agree.

MaaQhimself
03-12-2005, 05:35 AM
i couldnt fucking care less. stop fox hunting... oh my god...