PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on conspiracy of one

bouncingcoles
02-17-2005, 06:15 PM
i think conspiracy of one is a great album. with great songs, recorded very well, and has some of offsprings more impressive songs. a lot of people dont like it. but i think its better then splinter. its overrall a more impressive album then splinter. this doesnt mean its definetly better, but i think its better. its one of my fav offspring albums,

L2L1
02-17-2005, 06:20 PM
I think anything after ixnay isnt as great. I think that the offspring are loosing their old punk style. Yah there are a few good songs on conspiracy but there not like the fast punk style that makes you want to dance. If you look at the video for origional prankster it seems more like one of those poserish type things.

Tijs
02-17-2005, 06:22 PM
I think anything after ixnay isnt as great. I think that the offspring are loosing their old punk style. Yah there are a few good songs on conspiracy but there not like the fast punk style that makes you want to dance. If you look at the video for origional prankster it seems more like one of those poserish type things.
So basicly what you're saying is:
If it ain't punk, it ain't good.

----
My opinion:
I really like Conspiracy of One, can't stop listening to it lately. Especially Vultures, the only song I can play on guitar...

Isolated Fury
02-17-2005, 06:22 PM
I agree with that guy ^

original_prankster
02-17-2005, 06:26 PM
I loved CO1. It's my favorite Offspring album ever...even though it's obvious from my nick...

L2L1
02-17-2005, 06:26 PM
So basicly what you're saying is:
If it ain't punk, it ain't good.

----
My opinion:
I really like Conspiracy of One, can't stop listening to it lately. Especially Vultures, the only song I can play on guitar...
No im just sayin that the offspring arn't like how they used to be. I agree with you on vultures its so easy to play.

Jack the Tripper
02-17-2005, 07:37 PM
It's their worst album. It's just not Offspring. It's fucking pippity pop.

coke_a_holic
02-17-2005, 07:42 PM
I like conspiracy of ones songs i just dont really like the collection... If you can understand a word of that lol. I feel the same way with all the cds after ixnay where everytime i listen to it i decide that i like a group of songs but just not the cd as a whole.

Skate Rat 19
02-17-2005, 08:50 PM

If u listin to CO1 and Americana u can see that they put effort into pop songs and nothing else just to get noticed, but as for splinter. the pop song was pimped out and the rest of the album, though short, is insane, the noose, cant get my head around you, never gonna find me, etc.

nickspring-82
02-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Im gonna lay it down to you.....the listening should be clear on this one, here is what you (and i) dont like about the new albums, the releases...thats all, you hate that the offspring make songs that get MTV play,some guy says from ixnay on its downhill, there in lies my point, pretty fly was the beggining of where the quality albums died....and its only because of those major pop numbers that we think that, the rest of the tracks on each album kick pure ass, americana rules(track 2, 3, 5, 6,7,8,9,10,12, to a less extent CO1(tracks 2, 5, 6, 9,10,12,13,14) and splinter (track 2,5,6,8,9,11)

sure my opinions...but if you could choose one thing to change in them, it would be for the releases to be more like Gone Away, come out and play, All i want, etc etc

Dead Cheerleader
02-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Conspiracy is probably my favorite album. Besides the tunes, lots of good memories with it too.

Piedude
02-18-2005, 05:12 AM
Conspiracy Of One is a very good album, I just think the wrong tracks were picked to be singles (except Million Miles away, which should have been 2nd or 1st) and also if you got huck it and all the CD extra stuff you shouldnt complain..

bouncingcoles
02-18-2005, 11:32 AM
i think conspiracy of one is a great album. with great songs, recorded very well, and has some of offsprings more impressive songs. a lot of people dont like it. but i think its better then splinter. its overrall a more impressive album then splinter. this doesnt mean its definetly better, but i think its better. its one of my fav offspring albums,

o ya i also forgot to mention that i think it has some of the best lyrics. such as vultures, CO1, living in chaos, come out swinging, and denial revisited

I don't know
02-18-2005, 11:39 AM
I really like conspiracy of one :D . It's very good :D

Mannen som blev en gris
02-18-2005, 11:57 AM
JUST HAVE TO SAY THIS! Right now I'm playing Living In Chaos and my mom said: Oh, Eminem! That shows that somethings wrong... :eek:

sphinxdaking
02-18-2005, 12:06 PM
I think its somehow Sony or Columbias fault that those singles were picked... The band is probably pushed by the label to release those songs that will do better commercially. Thats just how things work nowadays, if they would stay on Epitaph they would get out the right singles but probably dont sell as many records.

coke_a_holic
02-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Im not sure if this is correct but Im pretty sure they left Epitaph cuz Brett Gurewitz is a douche bag. He wasnt treating them correctly/fairly or something... I dunno I used to remember what happened...

nickspring-82
02-18-2005, 01:21 PM
i got another take on this album...they way the vocals are done, kinda has this laid backness to it coz the music.. his lines in living in chaos, and special delivery, just isnt intense, or meaningful as the lyrics, thats not songwriting, thats production , not much offspring can do about that, i just think thats the direction the producer said to go, make it lighter..." gonna blow you away" and it sounds kinda iffy, like you dont feel that line strong...know what i mean?

nimbo
02-18-2005, 01:23 PM
me gusta como todos los cds de offspring. Tiene algo distinto, pero si no lo tuviera, para que comprar un cd que es lo mismo de siempre?

nickspring-82
02-18-2005, 01:25 PM
............english dude....

90's_boy
02-18-2005, 04:35 PM
i think it is very good.
not ixnay good, but very good nonetheless

Obie2trice
02-19-2005, 03:51 AM
Yes it is a good Offspring album. Highlight as: Dammit, I changed again and Million Miles Away

nameless
02-19-2005, 04:35 AM
conspiracy of one is my least favourite album, im not saying its rubbish because there are brilliant songs - dammit i changed again, vultures etc. its just the majority of the songs on it werent as good as other albums!

Revolver-2005?
02-19-2005, 03:24 PM
CO1 is ok....although i prefer other albums...CO1 was pretty strange and had alot of funky songs in it, Come Out Swinging, Original Prankster, and All Along are pretty much all I like from that album.

MoRoChA_DeW
02-19-2005, 06:17 PM
i like CO1 its not as goos as the other ones, but that doesnt mean it is bad...

dirtybird
02-20-2005, 09:35 PM

i actually like it slightly more than smash ::hides face in shame::

want you bad is probably their best live song ive heard, too.

90's_boy
02-21-2005, 09:11 AM
JUST HAVE TO SAY THIS! Right now I'm playing Living In Chaos and my mom said: Oh, Eminem! That shows that somethings wrong... :eek:
there's nothing wrong with that. that's probably the only music icon your mother has heard of.

Unsanctioned
02-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Ixnay was probably my fav. album, I especially liked All I want.
Americana was a little off, CO1 sounded like they weren't even trying, and Splinter is okay.

Jimbob2005
02-22-2005, 03:55 PM
conspiracy of one is well good, close 2 b in my fave alb (but not quite as good as americana)