PDA

View Full Version : Billie Joe Armstrong's drunken tirade at the I Heart Radio Festival

BagOfShenanigans
09-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Apparently, Usher, having gone before Green Day played longer than his allotted set time. Somehow this warranted Green Day's set being cut from 45 minutes to 25 with almost no warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9zogQOmQVM

I find that Billie Joe's reaction was rather restrained, and I was hoping for a few speakers to be smashed. Or they could have just kept playing until the festival forcibly ejected them.

EDIT: Pending a thread lock/deletion, please post all replies here: http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?34972-Second-Official-Greenday-Thread&p=1483617#post1483617

Jojan
09-23-2012, 09:19 AM
I counted 21 "fuck".

-Ignition-
09-23-2012, 10:51 AM
That was embarrassing to watch.

I think they should have gone with alternative b:

they could have just kept playing until the festival forcibly ejected them.

Tiny Vessels
09-23-2012, 11:43 AM
I agree they should have played until the festival forcibly ejected them.

Outerspaceman21
09-23-2012, 12:53 PM
I agree they should have played until the festival forcibly ejected them.

yeah, but that would have the possibility of eating up more time and having to cut someone else's set short as well, like what happen to them. I can understand why he's pissed, and the fact that it was so last minute is possibly the reason why he reacted this way (that combined with the alcohol). However, he could have just said something, blasted through one last song, then left the stage without looking like a jackass.

_Lost_
09-23-2012, 01:10 PM
I think they should have just finished their song, apologized for the short set, and left the stage gracefully. I imagine they were informed their set would be cut before they started playing. They probably noticed the delay during the 30 mins it takes to do a set change. The festival managers wouldn't have waited till mid-set to decide they still need to finish at the scheduled time.

XYlophonetreeZ
09-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Well, this was just a total display of douchebaggery. Like Lost said, they were probably informed of the short set length beforehand. Moreover, if they're going to insult all of the other acts at the show, they were more than welcome to refuse to book the show in the first place and instead book a show with a bunch of underground punk bands.

cool 2 hate 681
09-23-2012, 01:23 PM
i posted this is the official green day thread can this please be moved there? the less green day thread's the better

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
09-23-2012, 02:12 PM
I counted 21 "fuck".
That's all?

That was an entertaining end to a set.

Llamas
09-23-2012, 04:03 PM
More proof of what an arrogant prick Billie Joe has become. How obnoxious, and a total mood killer for the fans. One minute was enough time to finish playing Basketcase. Finish the song, apologize for the short set, go ahead and bash Usher a little for going over his time if you want, but that was just the ultimate in douchebaggery. I really can't stand him.

Dulce
09-24-2012, 12:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Mjm8jqBJg

MOTO13
09-24-2012, 09:37 AM
That was, without a doubt, one of the best rants I have every seen. They give Greenday, one of the best selling punk bands ever, one friggin minute to wrap up a set 20 minutes shorter than scheduled with no warning and he is supposed to sit back and say...ok? I have never been a huge Greenday fan, but he just sold a CD. That was impressive.

OC HAU
09-29-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm sure it was staged. *conspiracy of hau*