PDA

View Full Version : Push to call blasphemy a crime.

WebDudette
09-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Under pressure from Muslim communities members of the United Nations are considering deeming blasphemy a crime.

The divide in world opinion over what constitutes free speech will be on display again this week at the United Nations, where arguments over a proposed blasphemy law were an annual feature for a decade.
This time it is the global reaction to a YouTube video that disparages Islam's prophet Muhammad that is sure to roil the meeting of the UN General Assembly.
Muslim leaders have vowed to discuss the offensive video from their UN platforms, sowing concern among free-speech activists of a fresh push toward an international law that would criminalise blasphemy. Human rights groups and Western democracies resisted such a law for years and thought they had finally quashed the matter after convincing enough nations that repressive regimes used blasphemy laws to imprison or execute dissidents. (http://www.smh.com.au/world/push-to-call-blasphemy-a-crime-20120922-26dlu.html)

WebDudette
09-24-2012, 08:02 AM
I think it's horse shit. I understand that people who are making blasphemous video like this are intentionally instigating and are putting people in danger, but they're not the one we should place the majority of the blame on. The people in this situation who are really fucking up are those who resort to physical violence. It's a ridiculously stupid mentality where you react to some stupid fucking video by assualiting or killing someone.

I believe it sets a dangerous precedent to limit freedom of speech this way and to give in to violence and pressure.

Jojan
09-24-2012, 08:48 AM
The problem is that some people tell other people what they should believe.

Little_Miss_1565
09-24-2012, 10:20 AM
The problem is that some people tell other people what they should believe.

So much this.

Blasphemy being a crime is ridiculous. If your beliefs are so brittle as to be chipped away by ridiculous YouTube videos, well, it's not the United Nations' problem.

MOTO13
09-24-2012, 10:38 AM
The United Nations...what a joke. The fact that they even listen to what a Mulim bumfuck says is mind numbing. They (UN) stand by and watch middle east arab barbarians butcher their own people, allow MUSLIMS to attack civilians and treat women like absolute horsehit...but they want to make blasphemy a fucking crime. Hey, UN, you bet, come on over here and you tell me what I can and cannot say. In the meantime, lick my big hairy American nuts.

Outerspaceman21
09-24-2012, 12:33 PM
I think it's horse shit. I understand that people who are making blasphemous video like this are intentionally instigating and are putting people in danger, but they're not the one we should place the majority of the blame on. The people in this situation who are really fucking up are those who resort to physical violence. It's a ridiculously stupid mentality where you react to some stupid fucking video by assualiting or killing someone.

I believe it sets a dangerous precedent to limit freedom of speech this way and to give in to violence and pressure.

essentially this.

Godxilla
09-25-2012, 02:15 PM
The United Nations...what a joke. The fact that they even listen to what a Mulim bumfuck says is mind numbing. They (UN) stand by and watch middle east arab barbarians butcher their own people, allow MUSLIMS to attack civilians and treat women like absolute horsehit...but they want to make blasphemy a fucking crime. Hey, UN, you bet, come on over here and you tell me what I can and cannot say. In the meantime, lick my big hairy American nuts.

You are a funny dude, MOTO.
I say that the UN can do whatever it wants. Only douchebags and liberal victims will listen. The UN ought to be nothing more than a pro-Africa charity, which it already is. Once they start pissing on my free speech, then I'll just run through the streets naked, shouting "Obama is the Muslim god, united nations are a fraud!"
See how they like it.

Little_Miss_1565
09-25-2012, 02:47 PM
If the United Nations has no power, how can they piss on your free speech?

MOTO13
09-25-2012, 03:55 PM
If the United Nations has no power, how can they piss on your free speech?

There are people in the US that actually care what the UN has to say. The UN's semi-retarded look at things could begin to change policy over here.

Little_Miss_1565
09-25-2012, 04:43 PM
I doubt this intensely.

MOTO13
09-26-2012, 07:20 AM
I doubt this intensely.

Well, as long as it's intensely doubted. Time will tell.

Godxilla
09-26-2012, 04:47 PM
There are people in the US that actually care what the UN has to say. The UN's semi-retarded look at things could begin to change policy over here.

I am personally terrified by these people. Creeps, wierdos, and pervs. And probably a few n00bs.