PDA

View Full Version : Who here has black friends that actually act black?

bighead384
09-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Just curious...

Little_Miss_1565
09-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Your one-note kindergarten troll bit is pretty tired.

WebDudette
09-30-2012, 10:37 PM
I saw my black friend eating inside a McDonald's from the drive-thru at 3am this morning. We knew it had to be him because he has a mohawk*. He plays in a metal band and hates rap.

*I want a mowhawk, but my mom won't let me get one.

Llamas
10-01-2012, 04:58 AM
If by "acts black", you mean "has a giant penis", then JohnnyNemesis is my black friend who acts black.

On a serious note, my black friends are not Americans, so I guess it'd be pretty hard to define what "acting black" means. They eat super hella spicy food and are incredibly talkative/social/friendly. Those are probably the only characteristics that describe all three of them. Is that what you were looking for, bighead? I bet it is.

bighead384
10-01-2012, 06:30 AM
There's an idea of what it means to "act black" that has some basis in reality. Is pretending to be unaware of this part of the big city liberal package? lol

Anyway, I have two black friends. They're kind of friends of friends, but I made a connection with them so they're my friends too. One of them is one of those skaterboarding black guys. That doesn't count. The other is one of those Jamaican black guys that is about 1000% more friendly than other black people, and people in general. That doesn't count either. I don't have any black friends that actually act black.

WebDudette
10-01-2012, 06:42 AM
If by "acts black", you mean "has a giant penis", then JohnnyNemesis is my black friend who acts black.

Oh man, in that case I am ATLEAST half black.

MOTO13
10-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Black people who act black. For some odd reason, the entire premise of this seems a bit stupid.

Do you have any white friends that actually act white?

WebDudette
10-01-2012, 07:48 AM
I listen to a lot of rap and I think white girls are hot. That's acting black right? I'm a white guy that acts black. Does that count?

_Lost_
10-01-2012, 10:55 AM
My husband likes fried chicken, purple drank, and watermelon. Does that count?

Mind you, those three things are staples of a southern diet.

Llamas
10-01-2012, 01:34 PM
There's an idea of what it means to "act black" that has some basis in reality. Is pretending to be unaware of this part of the big city liberal package? lol

Anyway, I have two black friends. They're kind of friends of friends, but I made a connection with them so they're my friends too. One of them is one of those skaterboarding black guys. That doesn't count. The other is one of those Jamaican black guys that is about 1000% more friendly than other black people, and people in general. That doesn't count either. I don't have any black friends that actually act black.

So, if I'm getting this right, what you're looking for is black friends who don't like skateboarding and aren't very friendly? Considering I'm not friends with anyone who skateboards, I guess all my friends act black? However, they're all also very friendly, so I guess they don't? Or are you looking for people who have friends who act like gangsters and use ebonics?

I listen to a lot of rap and I think white girls are hot. That's acting black right? I'm a white guy that acts black. Does that count?

I love rap, I think white girls are hot, AND I love fried chicken. I'm a white girl who acts blacker than you, sucker.

personal_loans_1
10-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Nobody acts black like Robert Downey Jr. does.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQtxyigcl8tPtcNmO6kG6BdxshEOI3X r2ZAJQQAya3mfcWmeY-

Little_Miss_1565
10-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Tropic Thunder made me laugh until I peed.

RageAndLov
10-01-2012, 04:05 PM
It was a fucking great film!

WebDudette
10-01-2012, 04:24 PM
I love rap, I think white girls are hot, AND I love fried chicken. I'm a white girl who acts blacker than you, sucker.

I'm so black I once called a black guy 'mah nigga' and he wasn't even mad. Also, I love a fine ass booty.

Llamas
10-01-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm so black I once called a black guy 'mah nigga' and he wasn't even mad. Also, I love a fine ass booty.

Whatever, I really like basketball.

WebDudette
10-01-2012, 05:59 PM
I... I enjoy hockey. IT WAS ALL A LIE, I'M NOT BLACK AT ALL.

bighead384
10-01-2012, 10:49 PM
If I made the statement I made in the first post to you guys when you were high, you'd be like: "Dude...I so know what you mean...but yo that is so messed up...but yo, I so know what you mean". I just know it.

Little_Miss_1565
10-01-2012, 11:23 PM
No, I don't magically become a racist when high just because you do.

WebDudette
10-02-2012, 02:06 AM
I spend a surprising amount of time talking about Chris Farley everytime I get high. I am really fucking weird when I get high.

Llamas
10-02-2012, 04:44 AM
Last time I was really high, I spent a good hour discussing with a couple friends how to invent a system that would make food magically appear in your mouth just by thinking about it. I literally spent an hour debating the specifics of this, such as what if you're on a diet? Then you don't want food to appear in your mouth every time you imagine it. Also, can you specify what kind of food? Down to how much detail? I mean, if I'm really hungry for a burger and a bunch of prunes show up in my mouth, I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

Harleyquiiinn
10-02-2012, 05:11 AM
Last time I was really high, I spent a good hour discussing with a couple friends how to invent a system that would make food magically appear in your mouth just by thinking about it. I literally spent an hour debating the specifics of this, such as what if you're on a diet? Then you don't want food to appear in your mouth every time you imagine it. Also, can you specify what kind of food? Down to how much detail? I mean, if I'm really hungry for a burger and a bunch of prunes show up in my mouth, I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

My first thought was "man, the guy who invents this is going to have so many law suits because of obesity".

Not high enough :(

Llamas
10-02-2012, 06:04 AM
the guy who invents this
Hey! It was MY idea! Why do you think a GUY will invent it?! Sexist!!!! :(

Not high enough :(
Hahaha, definitely not ;)

Harleyquiiinn
10-02-2012, 06:17 AM
Hey! It was MY idea! Why do you think a GUY will invent it?! Sexist!!!! :(

Hahaha, definitely not ;)

You will know, my friend, that a simple idea cannot be protected by IP Law. It needs to be created first. http://images.alloforum.com/smilies/themes/personnages/prof.gif

But yeah, you are right, that was sexist. "The person who invents this".

http://images.alloforum.com/smilies/themes/classique/jap.gif

bighead384
10-02-2012, 07:11 AM
There's an idea of what it means to act black that has a basis in reality.

It's not all about stupid stereotypes. All cultures just have a different way about them...values and attitudes, and interests and whatnot.

For example, when people call Obama "the whitest black person", I never would think to deny it as racism.

_Lost_
10-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Llamas, your invention would be the first step towards preventing gamer marathon deaths related to dehydration and no food. Not to mention it would curb the no sleep thing too, since its really hard to NOT sleep when tired and full of food. Put enough hype around that sort if thing and you could get government funding towards research that makes that shizz a reality.

Godxilla
10-02-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm about as black as dey cum. Well, I'm fast, I could jump decently high if needed, I play baseball, I play a lot of pickup basketball, and I can rap like a fiend. I knew this kid named Demarcus in the ATL who was black, and had all those physical attributes. I knew a total oreo named AJ who was as white as blacks come. Note: oreo is a term for a kid who's black on the outside but white on the inside. He liked golf, sucked at baseball, and his dad loved rock music.

But seriously, Big City Cletus, it's time to shut up about blax. You know why?
Niggas wanna rob me now
Bitches wanna slob me now
Hoes didn't holla last year, feel sorry now
Practice jumpshot, Reggie Mill, Robert Horry now
Nigga dat you with: played like Atari now.

Melyssa Kennedy
10-07-2012, 02:34 AM
This is funny because I have a black friend that doesn't act it at all and a white friend in the same group of friends who, other than not talking like eminem, acts kind of black.

WebDudette
10-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Your Greg K. looks like Nietzsche to me.

randman21
10-07-2012, 08:16 AM
From where I sit, there's very little difference between the two anyway.

Bighead, I frequently find myself asking this question to myself when I read your threads, but maybe it'll help to ask you: Is there a point to this? I know you said just curious, but usually when I say that, I know I'll be using that information toward further analysis later. I have plenty of black friends who act in ways I'm sure you're thinking of as black. But I don't think of it as that, really. They're cool, chill dudes just like my other friends.

Harleyquiiinn
10-07-2012, 09:43 AM
I decided to act black and put a plate of vegetables as my avatar.

Wait...

What do you mean it's not a black stereotype ? :(

bighead384
10-07-2012, 10:23 AM
From where I sit, there's very little difference between the two anyway.

Bighead, I frequently find myself asking this question to myself when I read your threads, but maybe it'll help to ask you: Is there a point to this? I know you said just curious, but usually when I say that, I know I'll be using that information toward further analysis later. I have plenty of black friends who act in ways I'm sure you're thinking of as black. But I don't think of it as that, really. They're cool, chill dudes just like my other friends.

I guess it's just about my perception of blacks and whites living in two very different worlds. In my experience, when your average white person has a black friend, that black person tends to be the type of black person that is relatively more acquainted with things that are associated with white culture and things whites can relate to.

So this could indicate that when the cultural bridge is crossed, it much more often black people crossing the bridge than white people.

Godxilla
10-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Are you fucking kidding? White people have always been attracted to what they consider "black culture."
A good listen:
http://www.last.fm/music/King+Geedorah/_/One+Smart+Nigger

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Your Greg K. looks like Nietzsche to me.

Haha, really?!

Alison
10-09-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't have any black friends. And I don't think I even know anyone who has any black friends. Then again, there isn't many black people here.

There's way too many black culture in the world to pin down one way of "acting black". I guess I know what you're getting at unfortunately....but it's still racist. Even if you're high.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-09-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't have any black friends. And I don't think I even know anyone who has any black friends. Then again, there isn't many black people here.

There's way too many black culture in the world to pin down one way of "acting black". I guess I know what you're getting at unfortunately....but it's still racist. Even if you're high.

I think that there's a difference between being racist and making generalizations based on observations. Observations tell me that many black people like rap music, so stating so is not racist. However, it IS racist to say that all black people like rap music. I know they don't all like rap, and there are many white people that do.
So, this thread walks a fine line, but it all depends on the posters making the comments. Am I going to get people hating me for this?

Alison
10-09-2012, 02:31 PM
I think that there's a difference between being racist and making generalizations based on observations. Observations tell me that many black people like rap music, so stating so is not racist. However, it IS racist to say that all black people like rap music. I know they don't all like rap, and there are many white people that do.

Well, I guess people have different opinions of what's racist or not. Stereotypes are kinda racist, in my opinion.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
10-09-2012, 04:56 PM

Off-topic: Are you the person that started the "GregK's Badass" twitter page?

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Off-topic: Are you the person that started the "GregK's Badass" twitter page?

Yes, I am. I know, it's pretty sad, isn't it?

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Well, I guess people have different opinions of what's racist or not. Stereotypes are kinda racist, in my opinion.

Yeah, they are. But they have to have a kernel of truth to become a stereotype. However, people blow them way out of proportion to ridiculous levels. That isn't cool.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
10-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Yes, I am. I know, it's pretty sad, isn't it?

No, I thought many of the first posts were funny. I think I favorited a few.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-09-2012, 06:29 PM
No, I thought many of the first posts were funny. I think I favorited a few.

Oh, thank you very much! :) Considering there is comparatively little info about Greg known to the public, I thought it would be a fun challenge to make such a page. I think Greg deserves a fan page, even though he'll never care that it exists, haha.
To be honest, it's hard to keep thinking up new ones that are as good as the first ones. I still have some good ones, but I don't want to post them all right away, or I'll have nothing left. Know what I mean?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
10-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Oh, thank you very much! :) Considering there is comparatively little info about Greg known to the public, I thought it would be a fun challenge to make such a page. I think Greg deserves a fan page, even though he'll never care that it exists, haha.
To be honest, it's hard to keep thinking up new ones that are as good as the first ones. I still have some good ones, but I don't want to post them all right away, or I'll have nothing left. Know what I mean?

Yeah. Well here's a thread that could help you out:
http://offspring.com/community/showthread.php?46411-Greg-K-appreciation

We should probably let this thread get back on topic.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks for that link! Honestly, I think this thread should probably become a dead thread.

Godxilla
10-10-2012, 07:00 PM
The dedder the bedder, I say