PDA

View Full Version : This morning, I am asking myself questions

Harleyquiiinn
10-24-2012, 02:01 AM
And a second one.

I am reading about a protestation about gay marriage in France and the newspaper qualifies it as a "homophobic protest".

So here is my question. It is that logical to think that a person against gay marriage is necessarily homophobic ?

Let me be clear, I am not homophobic and I am in favor of gay marriage.

But I am not sure that all these people protesting because they think that marriage was intended for a man and a woman to procreate are all homophobic.

What do you think ?

(oh yeah, and let me be accurate, it was a peaceful - and really weird - protestation involving a guy dressed as a bird, and I saw no signs saying "homosexuality is a sin" or things like that. Only "a marriage should be between a man and a woman" stuff)

Little_Miss_1565
10-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Were the people racist who protested marriages by saying marriage is between a man and a woman of the same race and not of different races? I'd say yes, absolutely. And they were overruled.

I don't see how non-homophobic people would protest gay marriage.

Offspring-Junkie
10-24-2012, 09:46 AM
I don't see any homophobia in protesting against marriage for gay people necessarily, but it's most likely to be homophobic. If you have a mob, for sure the majority is dump and some are reasonable, but those will always be overlooked. Dumb and obnoxious people are always be the first choice for media in general because they're the first to speak and the loudest as well.

Llamas
10-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Homophobia is a weird word. Most homophobes are not afraid of gays (though some are... think they're a threat, think they're dangerous child molesters... etc). Most just hate gays. They're anti-equality, anti-gay... but homophobic is just a strange word. Maybe we should call them sexualityists? haha.

That aside, I don't think being anti-gay always means hatred of gays, or what we define as "homophobia". I think it's mostly religious intolerance, which is just as bad, though.

Also, I really hate it when people who support gay marriage use the argument that you should be pro-gay marriage unless you wanna be on the "losing side" in history books... it's depressing to think that people support equal marriage for that reason, and belittles gay relationships :-/ Sometimes gay "allies" really piss me off in general, though. Many have the right attitude and truly support equality, but sometimes I get so mad. My former best friend from college is absolutely one of such people.

Godxilla
10-24-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm pro-marriage, AKA anti-gay-marriage.
That being said, I'm not homophobic. I don't fear gays. They're not all child molesters, just like not all straight people are rapists. Maybe I've known some gays in the past; I don't really know. I don't really care. So long as no gay guy asks me to fuck, I don't think it's an issue. But marriage is between two persons of the opposite sex. A civil union is anything else. And I think that we ought to deal with much more serious issues before yakking about gay marriage. In other words, leave TMZ- styled "gay gay gay" blather to TMZ.

Llamas
10-24-2012, 06:08 PM
And I think that we ought to deal with much more serious issues before yakking about gay marriage.

And yet the Republicans are wasting everyone's time and money, trying to pass these stupid amendments to redefine marriage in the constitution...

jacknife737
10-24-2012, 07:07 PM
People who are against gay marriage are bigots.

Sometimes they're very polite about the way they present their views, but bigotry is still bigotry, even if its got a smiling face.

"I'm not a racist, I just don't want that black man drinking from MY water-fountain and riding MY public bus".

Little_Miss_1565
10-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Llamas, homophobia is only a fear of gays in the literal "phobos-means-fear" sense. Homophobia is a hatred of gays. I have literally never in my life heard an argument against gay marriage that wasn't based in hate.

Sometimes they're very polite about the way they present their views, but bigotry is still bigotry, even if its got a smiling face.

"I'm not a racist, I just don't want that black man drinking from MY water-fountain and riding MY public bus".

For fucking real.

prettyflyforablackchick
10-24-2012, 08:06 PM

I really could not have said it better myself! It disturbs me especially to hear black people talk about how gays should have limited/no marriage rights -- it's like we've forgotten that we have also been dehumanized and marginalized along the same lines and for the same (flimsy, non-existent) reasons. Really shocking that in this day and age, we're still overly concerned with what "marriage" means (in a supposedly secular nation) and whether or not two people who love each other (or don't -- loveless hetero marriages happen every day, but no one seems too concerned about them) should have the right to create an eternal (or not-so-eternal!) bond between them, to share their wealth and resources, to visit each other in the hospital, and so on.

If it were up to me, ALL marriages, same-sex, genderless, and otherwise, would be called civil unions. These civil unions would grant the exact same rights and benefits as marriage. Then if you wanted to get traditionally "married," you could go to a church and have a ceremony. That church ceremony would grant you absolutely no rights whatsoever, but it would be fun...if you and your friends like that sort of thing. ;)

edit: Seriously, polite arguments against gay marriage make me feel slightly ill. I would almost rather someone just yell about how they hate f*****ts and d**es than hear "Oh, I have no problem with gays, I just think that their lives should be arbitrarily restricted because THE BIBLE" or some such nonsense.

Paint_It_Black
10-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Llamas, homophobia is only a fear of gays in the literal "phobos-means-fear" sense.

Exactly. In common usage a "homophobe" is anyone who believes homosexuality is somehow intrinsically wrong. I don't believe that all homophobes hate homosexuals though. They hate homosexuality, but not necessarily the actual homosexual person. I think this can be an important distinction, particularly when deciding whether it's worth trying to reason with them.

I really could not have said it better myself! It disturbs me especially to hear black people talk about how gays should have limited/no marriage rights -- it's like we've forgotten that we have also been dehumanized and marginalized along the same lines and for the same (flimsy, non-existent) reasons. Really shocking that in this day and age, we're still overly concerned with what "marriage" means (in a supposedly secular nation) and whether or not two people who love each other (or don't -- loveless hetero marriages happen every day, but no one seems too concerned about them) should have the right to create an eternal (or not-so-eternal!) bond between them, to share their wealth and resources, to visit each other in the hospital, and so on.

If it were up to me, ALL marriages, same-sex, genderless, and otherwise, would be called civil unions. These civil unions would grant the exact same rights and benefits as marriage. Then if you wanted to get traditionally "married," you could go to a church and have a ceremony. That church ceremony would grant you absolutely no rights whatsoever, but it would be fun...if you and your friends like that sort of thing. ;)

I absolutely love everything about this post. If you're ever desperately seeking someone to have a civil union with give me a call.

prettyflyforablackchick
10-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Exactly. In common usage a "homophobe" is anyone who believes homosexuality is somehow intrinsically wrong. I don't believe that all homophobes hate homosexuals though. They hate homosexuality, but not necessarily the actual homosexual person. I think this can be an important distinction, particularly when deciding whether it's worth trying to reason with them.

Someone said something along the lines of, "Homophobia is the fear [among men] that a man will treat you the way you treat women," and it really stuck with me. I don't necessarily think it's always that simple, especially since homophobes are not exclusively male, but I do believe it's a factor.

I absolutely love everything about this post. If you're ever desperately seeking someone to have a civil union with give me a call.

Aw, you're too kind :) (and I'm too spoken for :P)

edit: Not trying to backseat-mod, especially since I'm super new here, but doesn't it seem like a thread of this nature ought to be in the Politics forum?

Selena74
10-25-2012, 06:35 AM

Amen!!! I totally agree!! I grew up in a really religious family. For years I had it pounded in my head that the lifestyle is wrong. It wasn't until many years ago when I got out on my own and started working in a hair salon when I finally changed my views. I met so many wonderful gay folks that I'm still good friends with to this day. They deserve the same treatment you or I get. This should never be a political issue, it's a human rights issue. Now that said, I am not knocking on religion. The Lord is still a huge part of who I am. But you have to have balance. You can't have someone else (or anything) dictate what you are to believe in.

Harleyquiiinn
10-25-2012, 06:48 AM
Amen!!! I totally agree!! I grew up in a really religious family. For years I had it pounded in my head that the lifestyle is wrong. It wasn't until many years ago when I got out on my own and started working in a hair salon when I finally changed my views. I met so many wonderful gay folks that I'm still good friends with to this day. They deserve the same treatment you or I get. This should never be a political issue, it's a human rights issue. Now that said, I am not knocking on religion. The Lord is still a huge part of who I am. But you have to have balance. You can't have someone else (or anything) dictate what you are to believe in.

Yes but see, this is exactly my point.

In France, as in many countries, civil union is open to everyone and creates the same rights as marriage (more or less, a few differences).

These people are not against that civil union (although most of them were probably against it when it was voted) or against gay people having the same rights. They are against the use of the institution of marriage.

As Jacknife said, bigotry it is. But homophobia ? I think it might be a shortcut to think that all these people are homophobic. There is no doubt that some of them are though, maybe in an important proportion.

On a side not, I cannot resist to show you a video of the said event because... well... you'll see... :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xabyRtznFNk

Edit : And now, I'm waiting for someone to post the Ultra Gay Seal... :D

Selena74
10-25-2012, 08:04 AM

In France, as in many countries, civil union is open to everyone and creates the same rights as marriage (more or less, a few differences).

These people are not against that civil union (although most of them were probably against it when it was voted) or against gay people having the same rights. They are against the use of the institution of marriage.

As Jacknife said, bigotry it is. But homophobia ? I think it might be a shortcut to think that all these people are homophobic. There is no doubt that some of them are though, maybe in an important proportion.

On a side not, I cannot resist to show you a video of the said event because... well... you'll see... :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xabyRtznFNk

Edit : And now, I'm waiting for someone to post the Ultra Gay Seal... :D

Wow! What a video!! Holy moly!!

I get what you mean though. I knew a lot of people from church when I was younger who I honestly felt were scared of gay people. I honestly don't know why, but it was strange.

Llamas
10-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Llamas, homophobia is only a fear of gays in the literal "phobos-means-fear" sense. Homophobia is a hatred of gays. I have literally never in my life heard an argument against gay marriage that wasn't based in hate.
Of course I know what homophobia means :) I just think it's a dumb word. It was invented like 40 years ago, and rather lazily - they slapped a Greek prefix for "same" onto a Greek suffix for "fear"... fear of the same. It's simply a dumb word, and as it was only invented 40 years ago, I protest its use :P But I haven't come up with a great alternative to it, so I was mostly just making fun of what a dumb word it is. ;)

edit: Seriously, polite arguments against gay marriage make me feel slightly ill. I would almost rather someone just yell about how they hate f*****ts and d**es than hear "Oh, I have no problem with gays, I just think that their lives should be arbitrarily restricted because THE BIBLE" or some such nonsense.

I agree with this 100%. Seriously, where did this new girl come from and how is she so awesome??

And yes, asshole bigots are far preferred to the ones who put on a smile and pretend they're loving, good people. I'll take some idiot calling me a faggot any day over someone smiling and telling me they "love the sinner, but hate the sin" and that Jesus can save me from hell.

"Homophobia is the fear [among men] that a man will treat you the way you treat women,"

This is absolutely true for most homophobic men. Most of them have no problem with gay WOMEN - it's the MEN they have a problem with. It's why us gay women get so much less hate directed toward us than gay men.

Godxilla
10-25-2012, 02:36 PM
And yet the Republicans are wasting everyone's time and money, trying to pass these stupid amendments to redefine marriage in the constitution...
Did I ever say that I am Republican? Goodness no. I'm a Libertarian in case you forgot.

This is absolutely true for most homophobic men. Most of them have no problem with gay WOMEN - it's the MEN they have a problem with. It's why us gay women get so much less hate directed toward us than gay men.
Ha ha ha. That's because men would rather f a gay girl than a gay guy. Make sense? You'll get less hate, because they *think* they'll be able to cash in on that niceness later. Make sense?

Llamas
10-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Did I ever say that I am Republican? Goodness no. I'm a Libertarian in case you forgot.
Yet you support a Republican candidate.

Ha ha ha. That's because men would rather f a gay girl than a gay guy. Make sense? You'll get less hate, because they *think* they'll be able to cash in on that niceness later. Make sense?

So what you're admitting here is that homophobic men are incredibly, ridiculously stupid?

Pro tip for homophobes: bi and gay girls are more likely to be repulsed by a man who is cool with gay women but hate gay men... than she is by a guy who's just all-around anti-gay.

Harleyquiiinn
10-25-2012, 04:44 PM

I absolutely disagree with this.

Men have no problems with women being gay, as long as they are gay FOR THEM. They like to see two girls kissing and having sex while looking at the camera with eyes thay say "you know, for real, I'd also love your cock".

But real lesbians ?

I noticed several times, talking to people around me that even for people scared of homosexuality, or who have a slight problem with it, there is a kind of acceptance when it is 2 men (I am not talking true homophobic assholes here... just... common men), like "whatever dude, as long as they don't try to get my ass".

But 2 girls ? Like if you get seriously into it ? They think a girl can never be a true homosexual. It's like "Oh... yeah... I like lesbians" *wink* *wink*

For most men, lesbian means "another kind of sexual object that tries to get attention of men by having sex with other women". Or in other cases, "women who couldn't find a man". It very very rarely means "woman who loves other women."

In societey, women are still seen as being meant to have sex with men and conceive children. They get less hate because it is more discrete. But it is there.

In that way, I feel like homosexuality is far less accepted for women than for men.

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2012, 04:56 PM

Ah, well, having now properly grasped your question I would say those people are not necessarily homophobic at all. They want to maintain their religious tradition of marriage and in their tradition that means one man and one woman. As long as LEGALLY anyone can enter in to a civil union and receive the same rights that's just fine and dandy. Though the term "marriage" should have any legal significance removed and be entirely religious/ceremonial/relevant only to morons. I pretty much expect that's what will eventually happen in the western world. This is more or less what you're thinking, right?

Didn't watch the video, just in case that matters.

Harleyquiiinn
10-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Believe me, it is a great video.

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Believe me, it is a great video.

I don't doubt you, I'm just not in a position to watch videos at the moment.

In that way, I feel like homosexuality is far less accepted for women than for men.

Another really good point that I missed earlier. I don't think I'd ever thought of it that way. The refusal to believe a woman is homosexual could easily be argued as more offensive than open hatred of a male homosexual because it continues the trend of condescension, objectification and marginalizing that women have long suffered from. Although any gay man who has been beaten simply for his sexual orientation might willingly trade places.

RageAndLov
10-25-2012, 06:36 PM
It's horrible that this even has to be discussed. Why is it so important for people to decide who others are going to marry as long it is a consenting adult? The ones against gay marriage won't be affected by two people of the same sex getting married,they can have their heterosexual marriage and be happy with that. Gay marriage won't change that.

I'm pro-marriage, AKA anti-gay-marriage.
But marriage is between two persons of the opposite sex. A civil union is anything else. And I think that we ought to deal with much more serious issues before yakking about gay marriage. In other words, leave TMZ- styled "gay gay gay" blather to TMZ.

Why are you against gay marriage?

The Lord is still a huge part of who I am. You can't have someone else (or anything) dictate what you are to believe in.

Wait what? Isn't this oxymoron apparent to you?

Llamas
10-25-2012, 07:45 PM
I absolutely disagree with this.

Men have no problems with women being gay, as long as they are gay FOR THEM. They like to see two girls kissing and having sex while looking at the camera with eyes thay say "you know, for real, I'd also love your cock".

But real lesbians ?

I noticed several times, talking to people around me that even for people scared of homosexuality, or who have a slight problem with it, there is a kind of acceptance when it is 2 men (I am not talking true homophobic assholes here... just... common men), like "whatever dude, as long as they don't try to get my ass".

But 2 girls ? Like if you get seriously into it ? They think a girl can never be a true homosexual. It's like "Oh... yeah... I like lesbians" *wink* *wink*

For most men, lesbian means "another kind of sexual object that tries to get attention of men by having sex with other women". Or in other cases, "women who couldn't find a man". It very very rarely means "woman who loves other women."

In societey, women are still seen as being meant to have sex with men and conceive children. They get less hate because it is more discrete. But it is there.

I totally see your point... however:

Although any gay man who has been beaten simply for his sexual orientation might willingly trade places.

I dunno, I often think I have it a bit easier as a gay person because I am a woman. You're right that people don't believe I'm truly gay, and it's really annoying to have men tell me I "just haven't found the right man" or "that's hot" or "can I watch?" and all that trite, annoying shit you hear ALL THE TIME when you're a gay woman. However, I don't fear getting beaten up, and I don't get called awful slurs. I usually get the "it's okay for a woman to be gay, but not a man", which is just an INSTANT "fuck off, asshole" response from a gay woman.

Selena74
10-25-2012, 09:04 PM
It's horrible that this even has to be discussed. Why is it so important for people to decide who others are going to marry as long it is a consenting adult? The ones against gay marriage won't be affected by two people of the same sex getting married,they can have their heterosexual marriage and be happy with that. Gay marriage won't change

Wait what? Isn't this oxymoron apparent to you?

It is an oxymoron. You can have faith & not be confined by restraints & rules of religion. If having a moral code is wrong (being a good person, treating others with respect, not cheating on my husband, etc..) , consider me guilty. BTW, I totally agree with your top comment. :)

WebDudette
10-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Llamas, I thought you were somewhat into couldn't the right guy bring you around? Even if that is true, I'm just messing with you, I know were talking about assholes who think homosexuality is a choice and just see it as a challenge or whatever, somehow I imagine that's not the type of guy you'd be into.

Are all of these people homophobic? Probably not. They are however bigots with outdated values and ideals. Even though they like to believe that marriage and civil unions are the same, that's just not true, a religious marriage is really important to some gay people. If they truly thought it was the same thing, why object to gay marriage? Unless of course you think it devalues your own marriage, but why would you think that unless you disliked homosexuals? You know, maybe they are homophobic. I can't say for certain, but I'm not positive that civil unions in the states grant the same rights and benefits as marriages. Well actactually, I know for a fact they do not, because Civil Unioms are not recognized federally or in most states. What I mean though, is on a state by state level, do the ones who allow civil unions allow the same rights as a marriage?

I kissed a guy on the mouth last night who thinks being gay os a choice. I don't think that's relevant to any of this and as far as I know he supports gay marriage (though maybe not), I judt thought it was a funny anecdote. One kid at the party was raised Mormon, he had a face of just utter disbelief, it was awesome.

Oh, one more thing, even if being gay was a 'choice', so the fuck what? That'd be a perfectly reasonable choice to make.

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm truly gay, and it's really annoying to have men tell me I "just haven't found the right man" or "that's hot" or "can I watch?"

I believe you're truly gay. That's still hot. Can I watch?

It is an oxymoron.

I think you probably meant to say isn't.

You can have faith & not be confined by restraints & rules of religion.

I think you probably meant to say can't. Well no, you didn't, but you should have.

I kissed a guy on the mouth last night

That's hot. Can I watch?

WebDudette
10-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Yes PiB, of course.

Llamas, I've used the history book argument before. I'd like to think you know me well enough to know that it's not a major selling point for me, it is certainly not the reason I feel so strongly about marriage and sexual equality, but I think it can be a powerful tool in getting people to reconsider why they are so against gay marriage and maybe get them on the right path. I explained to one kid that interracial marriage had significantly less support when it was legalized than gay marriage has now. I didn't change his mind, but I still think it gave him a little something to think about.

Llamas
10-26-2012, 04:59 AM
Llamas, I thought you were somewhat into couldn't the right guy bring you around? Even if that is true, I'm just messing with you, I know were talking about assholes who think homosexuality is a choice and just see it as a challenge or whatever, somehow I imagine that's not the type of guy you'd be into.
Yeah, this is where things get all grey, because I'm not entirely sure. I don't think the right guy could bring me around, but I won't turn down a guy just because he's a guy. However, I haven't had any real feelings for a guy since I started dating girls, which makes me wonder how real those feelings ever were. It's been 7 years since I dated a guy even remotely seriously. Since then, I've slept with a few guys here and there, but that's it. I only date women now, and I only seem to fall for or have strong feelings for women. I don't know if I'm bi or gay, and it doesn't really matter all that much *to me* - but it matters to others, in terms of categorizing me. And you're right, imagining I wouldn't be into an asshole who thinks homosexuality is a choice ;) I actually tried dating a guy in January (who I was never that into, but I figured he seemed nice and cute and I could give it a try) who, upon finding out my sexuality, told me it's normal for women to be gay, but wrong and unnatural for men to be... and then told me he'll take that opinion to the grave with him. That quickly devolved into a dispute over the fact that I'm somewhat of a "feminist", which turned out to be a dirty word to him, and well, I guess it's obvious that I stopped dating him pretty quickly there :P

What I mean though, is on a state by state level, do the ones who allow civil unions allow the same rights as a marriage?
No, they don't. And what else is strange is that straight people can't get civil unions in the states that have them. Which is all sorts of fucked up. I have a couple friends who want a civil union instead of a marriage, partially for tax reasons (they're opposed to the fact that marriage is TOO connected with the government), and partially because they strongly support equality and don't want something their friends can't have. And turns out, THEY can't get a civil union. What the fuck is that shit?

I kissed a guy on the mouth last night who thinks being gay os a choice. I don't think that's relevant to any of this and as far as I know he supports gay marriage (though maybe not), I judt thought it was a funny anecdote. One kid at the party was raised Mormon, he had a face of just utter disbelief, it was awesome.
You whore ;) That is fantastic.

Oh, one more thing, even if being gay was a 'choice', so the fuck what? That'd be a perfectly reasonable choice to make.
Haha, true. People just think it'd be a selfish one.

Llamas, I've used the history book argument before. I'd like to think you know me well enough to know that it's not a major selling point for me, it is certainly not the reason I feel so strongly about marriage and sexual equality, but I think it can be a powerful tool in getting people to reconsider why they are so against gay marriage and maybe get them on the right path. I explained to one kid that interracial marriage had significantly less support when it was legalized than gay marriage has now. I didn't change his mind, but I still think it gave him a little something to think about.
Sure, there's a difference between people who say it to others to get them to think a bit deeper, but then there are some who seem to use it as their primary argument. And those are the people who piss me off. You're not one of them, don't worry ;) I actually find the majority of the people here at the BBS to be the "good" kinds of allies for LGBT.

WebDudette
10-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Okay, so kind of in the same vein as religious people who think the only reason anyone could ever be moral is caused by fear of eternal damnation. These people are only pro-equality because they don't want everyone to think they're giant assholes.

Llamas
10-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Okay, so kind of in the same vein as religious people who think the only reason anyone could ever be moral is caused by fear of eternal damnation. These people are only pro-equality because they don't want everyone to think they're giant assholes.

Sure, that's a pretty good analogy. Sadly, they exist in bigger numbers than I'd like to imagine.

WebDudette
10-27-2012, 06:18 AM
After further consideration, I believe that those who are against marriage equality in any way are displaying homophobic behavior. Of course, everyone against gay marriage believes 'marriage should only be between a man and a woman', but why? What possible reason could you have? If you think it devalues your own marriage, that's homophobic. If you think it's wrong because your religion says so (even though you do shit on the regular that your religion certainly forbids) and you want to try and force that onto your entire country, that's homophobic. If you just want to keep things the way they are, even if keeping things the way they are means actively restricting a group of people for no reason (besides keeping things the way they are), I still think that's homophobic. Now, these people may not hate homosexuals, they may not hate homosexuality, I'm not even sure I'd call them all homophobic. Still, it's homophobic behavior.

Godxilla
10-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Yet you support a Republican candidate.

So what you're admitting here is that homophobic men are incredibly, ridiculously stupid?

I support Mitt Romney because he will help the economy more than Obama.
And yes, white southern NASCAR-loving hicks (aka homophobes) can indeed be stupid.

And to answer RageandLove's question about why I oppose gay marriage: we have some serious problems now. By focusing on gay marriage, we bring ourselves closer to oblivion all for the sake of TMZ wondering if George Clooney will marry Mark Wahlberg. Sounds like a fucked-up deal to me. Until the United States gets it big boy panties on, steps up to the plate, and gets its damn house in order, gay marriage is nothing but a side dish. After this happens, I would actually support the right of two men or two women to get married. Even if it's not a right; it's a privilege. But if I support it now, I would be saying that I want to be burdened by the horrendous practices of our government, when in reality, I'm not. This is why I don't mind gays, but tefuse to accept gay marriage.

WebDudette
10-27-2012, 07:27 AM
I am too sleepy to explain how god damn stupid that is.

Llamas
10-27-2012, 08:27 AM
I support Mitt Romney because he will help the economy more than Obama.
And yes, white southern NASCAR-loving hicks (aka homophobes) can indeed be stupid.

And to answer RageandLove's question about why I oppose gay marriage: we have some serious problems now. By focusing on gay marriage, we bring ourselves closer to oblivion all for the sake of TMZ wondering if George Clooney will marry Mark Wahlberg. Sounds like a fucked-up deal to me. Until the United States gets it big boy panties on, steps up to the plate, and gets its damn house in order, gay marriage is nothing but a side dish. After this happens, I would actually support the right of two men or two women to get married. Even if it's not a right; it's a privilege. But if I support it now, I would be saying that I want to be burdened by the horrendous practices of our government, when in reality, I'm not. This is why I don't mind gays, but tefuse to accept gay marriage.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/222537_364820210274114_1920500597_n.jpg