PDA

View Full Version : The "Happy Birthday" thread.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-28-2012, 04:41 PM
I've seen some individual threads started to wish forum members a happy birthday. That's a very nice thought, but perhaps we can have just one thread and post our happy birthday wishes to individual members from here.

Okay, it seems this isn't a favored idea, and I have no idea how to delete it.

bighead384
10-28-2012, 05:18 PM
People are willing to deal with the threat of clutter if it means getting individual attention on their birthday.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-28-2012, 05:22 PM
They can get individual attention. People will be listing their names here. I've done this before, it works out well. It will end up looking like a whole bunch of birthday threads, one after the other.

bornlie
10-28-2012, 05:30 PM
People are willing to deal with the threat of clutter if it means getting individual attention on their birthday.

bighead is a big meanie!

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Okay, can we please keep this thread for birthday wishes? If the admins don't think it's a good idea, leave it to them to get rid of it.

Godxilla
10-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Good idea.
Happy birthday to this thread! ;P

Paint_It_Black
10-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Ya know, to avoid clutter.

It never resulted in too much clutter before so I don't see why it would now.

If the admins don't think it's a good idea, leave it to them to get rid of it.

Couldn't that exact same point be made about the individual birthday threads? No offense meant, but under your own logic if it had been a problem the admins would have done something about it already.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-28-2012, 07:18 PM

Couldn't that exact same point be made about the individual birthday threads? No offense meant, but under your own logic if it had been a problem the admins would have done something about it already.

Yeah, I never said they should be deleted or that they were a bad idea. I just think that this is a better one. It worked out very nicely on another forum I used to be part of.

bornlie
10-28-2012, 07:37 PM
whats wrong with having a Bday thread. I have seen it on other forums. You guys are way too uptight.

Llamas
10-28-2012, 07:41 PM
A few years ago, all the regulars made each other birthday threads. There was almost always at least one birthday thread on the first page, and they often got pretty fun. Now there are two birthday threads, and it's been months if not over a year since the last one... they were never a problem years ago when they were common, and with how little activity there is around here these days, birthday threads are definitely not causing clutter. If this was a really busy board, I could understanding having a birthday thread, though.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Okay, then let's let this one die. No big deal.

Godxilla
10-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Okay. Happy deathday to this thread. Er, I mean, uh, nevermind. "Happy" deathday.

Blitz!
10-29-2012, 01:45 PM

I agree ... and if I recall correctly, October has the most birthdays in comparison to other months, as far as regular users are concerned.