PDA

View Full Version : I don't actually have Asperger's

bighead384
10-31-2012, 04:00 PM
That was just a lie for attention. It was cool while it lasted though, what with all the attention I was getting.

bornlie
10-31-2012, 04:02 PM
That was just a lie for attention. It was cool while it lasted though, what with all the attention I was getting.

oh wow. I have it and I can use it as an excuse to say something...

You are a dick.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-31-2012, 04:03 PM
I can totally tell you you are not taking this issue seriously. Are you thinking people are going to like you more if you don't have Asperger's syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is nothing to joke about, one way or another, and I really don't appreciate the stigma this is causing. I rarely insult people like this, but you are an idiot (I'd like to say something worse.) You can ask bornlie, it takes a LOT for me to talk to people like that.

Paint_It_Black
10-31-2012, 06:17 PM
oh wow. I have it and I can use it as an excuse to say something...

You are a dick.

No, you're thinking of Tourette's. That's the one where you get to say rude words. Though when you think about it, ass burgers actually sounds like something someone with Tourette's might say, so maybe there is a link.

But seriously, people actually believed bighead?

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-31-2012, 06:19 PM
No, you're thinking of Tourette's.

He means using the fact that you have Asperger's as an excuse to say you didn't know any better because you don't understand social norms or emotions.

BagOfShenanigans
10-31-2012, 06:20 PM
You really should stop giving two shits whether or not people notice you.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee406/Michael_Warner_Jr/6UGDQ.gif

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Do you think maybe he's lying about not having it just so people will think he's more "normal" or do you think he was lying the whole time? Either way, he's a liar.

bighead384
10-31-2012, 06:41 PM
No clue where I was going with this. In reality, I was diagnosed with Asperger's.

bornlie
10-31-2012, 06:41 PM
He means using the fact that you have Asperger's as an excuse to say you didn't know any better because you don't understand social norms or emotions.

exactly! You hit it right on the button!

bighead384
10-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Ok, here's what really happened. A doctor didn't medically diagnose me. It was a pyschotherapist who I started seeing under suspicion of having "Auditory Processing Disorder". My mother also initially hinted that I had some "Asperger's like symptoms", but in one of the first sessions I had with her, we seemed to lean away from this. After seeing her for a couple months, she told me she believes I have Asperger's and explained why in detail. I asked her how sure and she said sorry but she's "quite sure".

Before you get too carried away, note that the only thing I was dishonest about was it being a doctor. Probably because Justin got an attitude with me and I didn't want to give him any room to work with. I really don't care. This is a new diagnosis for me, and Justin is a dick, so I guess I didn't respond to those particular pressures well.

So before you jerks get all giddy, all this means is that I'm not medically diagnosed with it. Doesn't mean I don't have it, and there's no reason to think I do. And if you notice, there's zero reason to suspect that I had any intention of misleading people initially.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-31-2012, 07:05 PM
I don't know you, so how am I to know whether you are the type to have ulterior motives or not? Just coming out and saying that you never actually had it after all that was previously said is obviously going to make people think you were being a flat-out liar. I just thought you were making light of the whole thing. Besides, when you first said you have it, you said you were "basically retarded." Aspies NEVER call themselves retarded, so I had my reasons for thinking what I did. I never jump to conclusions about other people, and the way you handled this situation is questionable.

bighead384
10-31-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't know you, so how am I to know whether you are the type to have ulterior motives or not? Just coming out and saying that you never actually had it after all that was previously said is obviously going to make people think you were being a flat-out liar. I just thought you were making light of the whole thing. Besides, when you first said you have it, you said you were "basically retarded." Aspies NEVER call themselves retarded, so I had my reasons for thinking what I did. I never jump to conclusions about other people, and the way you handled this situation is questionable.
Well, here's how it went down.

I first claimed that an expert believes I have Asperger's. This is 100% true and nothing about it is misleading.

I personally believe I do have Asperger's, so I made a few statements in which I claimed to have Asperger's. It's not like when I made these statements, my intent was to give others the impression that I was specifically medically diagnosed. I was just thinking about what I believed to be true. I'm sorry, but it would be pretty farfetched to think I had planned that out for attention and to encourage others to think I specifically was medically diagnosed.

Experts seem to feel comfortable diagnosing people with Asperger's despite medical analysis anyway: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_figures_sometimes_considered_autistic

I don't agree with your analysis about whether or not an aspie would jokingly refer to themselves as retarded. It's just self-depracating humor...all walks of life are capable of it.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-31-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm sorry, but it would be pretty farfetched to think I had planned that out for attention and to encourage others to think I specifically was medically diagnosed.
Far-fetched, yes. Impossible, no. There are people out there who do such things. I have seen them for myself and they are not pleasant to be around.

I don't agree with your analysis about whether or not an aspie would jokingly refer to themselves as retarded. It's just self-depracating humor...all walks of life are capable of it.

I am an aspie myself and have met many in my years, and not one of them would ever call themselves retarded in a serious manner. You seemed serious, even distraught, when you first posted it. You can't fault me for misreading the intention of a typed message.

bighead384
10-31-2012, 11:21 PM
yo i hate this place.

Lizardus
11-01-2012, 12:06 AM
This place hates you. It's reciprocal not many people have that.

Paint_It_Black
11-01-2012, 05:31 AM
After seeing her for a couple months, she told me she believes I have Asperger's and explained why in detail.

Ah, I think I see the problem here. After talking to you for a couple of months she actually just sighed and declared that you're an asshole. Tragically you were not in a sound-proofed room at the time so your "Auditory Processing Disorder" kicked in and you thought she said Asperger's.

So there we have it. An expert has declared you to be a fucking asshole. Did she prescribe regular doses of bleach or opt for rafter therapy?

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-01-2012, 06:31 AM
I would not be so quick to dismiss him having an auditory processing disorder. I have hypersenative hearing and it's an utter nuisance. It's a miracle I didn't have to wear earplugs at the Offspring concert. The rumble of vehicle motors, sirens, subways on the tracks, cars in tunnels, all these sounds cause physical pain in someone with an auditory processing disorder. That, of course, says nothing about whether it not he has Asperger's syndrome, but, with Asperger's tend to come sensory issues. But it's not necessarily the other way around.

bighead384
11-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Ah, I think I see the problem here. After talking to you for a couple of months she actually just sighed and declared that you're an asshole. Tragically you were not in a sound-proofed room at the time so your "Auditory Processing Disorder" kicked in and you thought she said Asperger's.

So there we have it. An expert has declared you to be a fucking asshole. Did she prescribe regular doses of bleach or opt for rafter therapy?

Hell, I give you credit for this, but that bleach and rafter shit is unnecessary.

Paint_It_Black
11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
that bleach and rafter shit is unnecessary.

Only if you have cancer.

I kid, I kid.

Godxilla
11-01-2012, 11:13 AM
JESUS MARY AND FUCKING JOSEPH. Do you have Aspergers or not. You're a slimy piece of shit, Bighead. What a fucking pig. Allin All's right. Just die, or piss off from here. You can't just fuck around with this shit like diseases and other shit: it's ficking distespectful to those with it. I say you should get your ass banned right off these fucking forums for your nonstop bullshit. You just lost your only ally.

bighead384
11-01-2012, 11:39 AM
JESUS MARY AND FUCKING JOSEPH. Do you have Aspergers or not. You're a slimy piece of shit, Bighead. What a fucking pig. Allin All's right. Just die, or piss off from here. You can't just fuck around with this shit like diseases and other shit: it's ficking distespectful to those with it. I say you should get your ass banned right off these fucking forums for your nonstop bullshit. You just lost your only ally.

I already explained this earlier in the thread...

Tiny Vessels
11-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Godxilla- bighead said he was just saying that he has Asperger's just for attention.

bighead384
11-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Godxilla- bighead said he was just saying that he has Asperger's just for attention.

Well, I suppose it's my own fault for making two contradictory threads, but no, that's not the case. Read my, I think 2nd or 3rd post in this thread.

Godxilla
11-01-2012, 02:24 PM

Exactly. What kind of douche pisses on people with Asperger's like Bighead just did? You can't just pretend that you have a serious condition FOR ATTENTION. What a pile of piggish self-joy. Piece of garbage. I mean, Jesus save him from torture, but I'm sure we wouldn't find it cute if I tried something like that. "Oh, I have cancer. Now shower love and attention on me... Oh, that didn't work well? I don't have cancer after all!" What a ball of dog shit.

bighead384
11-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Exactly. What kind of douche pisses on people with Asperger's like Bighead just did? You can't just pretend that you have a serious condition FOR ATTENTION. What a pile of piggish self-joy. Piece of garbage. I mean, Jesus save him from torture, but I'm sure we wouldn't find it cute if I tried something like that. "Oh, I have cancer. Now shower love and attention on me... Oh, that didn't work well? I don't have cancer after all!" What a ball of dog shit.

It's actually a very safe bet that I DO have Asperger's. You clearly didn't read the post that I pointed out.

Paint_It_Black
11-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Calm down everybody, please. Can't we reach a compromise?

Whether you believe bighead has Asperger's or you don't, can't we all just agree there's something seriously wrong with him and leave it at that?

RageAndLov
11-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Calm down everybody, please. Can't we reach a compromise?

Whether you believe bighead has Asperger's or you don't, can't we all just agree there's something seriously wrong with him and leave it at that?

I think we all agreed upon that many years ago.

Eskimo
11-02-2012, 01:47 AM
You're all cotton-headed ninny-muggins.

Godxilla
11-02-2012, 05:34 PM
You're all cotton-headed ninny-muggins.

Everyone here is a slightly douchey, off-their-rocker loser. In some ways. Including me.
And indeed, there appears to be something dreadfully wrong with Bighead.

bighead384
11-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Everyone here is a slightly douchey, off-their-rocker loser. In some ways. Including me.
And indeed, there appears to be something dreadfully wrong with Bighead.

I know I made it confusing, but do you still not get the full story here? What makes you so angry at me? I'm more curious than anything, because you claimed to have previously been my ally.

Godxilla
11-03-2012, 05:21 PM
I know I made it confusing, but do you still not get the full story here? What makes you so angry at me? I'm more curious than anything, because you claimed to have previously been my ally.

Well, kiddo, I take great offense that you said that you had Asperger's, and then reneged on it days later. Not only that, but because you didn't think it was generating enough pity. I mean, that's gross. I've had, and still have, medical issues, and if somebody pretended to have what I had, and then reneged on it. I mean, pigheadedness comes in all shapes and sizes, but this is in the shape of a jackass, and the size of Barney Frank's balls. Unholy.
I know that your expert wasn't much of an expert after all, but there is a clear difference between a street thug who diagnosed you and an expert. Even a 2 year old knows better. I'm ashamed in you, pissed at you, and sad that you had to stoop that low. Unless of course I'm missing even more important facts. Probably.

bighead384
11-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Well, kiddo, I take great offense that you said that you had Asperger's, and then reneged on it days later. Not only that, but because you didn't think it was generating enough pity. I mean, that's gross. I've had, and still have, medical issues, and if somebody pretended to have what I had, and then reneged on it. I mean, pigheadedness comes in all shapes and sizes, but this is in the shape of a jackass, and the size of Barney Frank's balls. Unholy.
I know that your expert wasn't much of an expert after all, but there is a clear difference between a street thug who diagnosed you and an expert. Even a 2 year old knows better. I'm ashamed in you, pissed at you, and sad that you had to stoop that low. Unless of course I'm missing even more important facts. Probably.

To sum it up in a sentence: A psychotherapist, not a medical doctor, stated that she is very confident that I have mild Asperger's. I've done research of my own, and I've come to believe it after some initial skepticism. When pressed by Baldwin, who was determined to make me look bad from the get-go, I responded badly and just thought it would be easier to say a medical doctor diagnosed me. That actually isn't true, but my dishonesty in this instance is completely incomparable to some baseless lie for attention. And I would say that the only reason anyone would disagree with this is if they are already desirous to see me look bad.

Even the legions of people who would love nothing more than to make me look bad have stopped posting on the subject recently, if you notice. Probably because they actually realized that it's wrong to give me a hard time when I have good reason to believe I have Asperger's. Or, they'd like to continue being dicks, but they know that trying to poke fun at me over such a small lie would be futile.

Godxilla
11-03-2012, 05:35 PM
As Steven Tyler once said, "Dream on!"

bighead384
11-03-2012, 05:37 PM
As Steven Tyler once said, "Dream on!"

Alright, you're a jackass.

Godxilla
11-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Alright, I already knew that.

I just consulted Mecha for some guidance, and he said "Bighead's a galactic douche." His words.

bighead384
11-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Alright, I already knew that.

I just consulted Mecha for some guidance, and he said "Bighead's a galactic douche." His words.

The fact that you didn't even acknowledge any of the specifics of my explanation just makes you seem like an ass. Are you incapable of understanding it?

Godxilla
11-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Now, now. I was supposed to supply a large, mellifluous, superfluous response akin to a Julius Caesar speech. Quid pro quo, I guess. And in case you didn't know, I go to Nuketown University, and I major in Trolling 303.

T-6005
11-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Now, now. I was supposed to supply a large, mellifluous, superfluous response akin to a Julius Caesar speech. Quid pro quo, I guess. And in case you didn't know, I go to Nuketown University, and I major in Trolling 303.

Incorrect. Trolling 303 is clearly a course designation, not a major.

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER. I CAUGHT YOU

Lizardus
11-04-2012, 01:29 AM
Alright, you're a jackass.

Pots and kettles.

WebDudette
11-04-2012, 04:23 AM
dongsdongsdongsdongsdongs.

seriously though, the fact that people listen to anything bighead has to say, and take it seriously, amazes me.

Eskimo
11-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Arguing on the internet is like...etc.

Maybe you actually are retarded? Food for thought. Heh.

Baldwin
11-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Even the legions of people who would love nothing more than to make me look bad have stopped posting on the subject recently, if you notice. Probably because they actually realized that it's wrong to give me a hard time when I have good reason to believe I have Asperger's.

Or because we got the job done and there's nothing more to say.

bighead384
11-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Or because we got the job done and there's nothing more to say.

Oh right. What a HUGE lie you exposed. It's as if you're so desirous to have this situation play out the way you'd find most amusing that you're pretending some big lie was exposed when in reality it was practically nothing. Seriously, you're comparing a person who straight up lies about a condition to a person who had an expert, but not a medical doctor, tell them they had a condition. That's just not the same fucking thing at all. What sort of thing would I need to say to drill that point home to you people?

An apple might as well be an orange if it means Baldwin gets to view the situation the way he'd prefer. LOL.

Little_Miss_1565
11-04-2012, 08:51 AM
I stopped posting on the subject because my input was no longer necessary, not because I believe a single word you have to say, Bighead. You're obsessed with attention and you're clearly trying to fill some sort of personal need you're not getting offline. No one likes you and you keep coming back for reasons unknown.

And a medical doctor's input is necessary for a medical diagnosis. Just FYI. But either way, you approached this whole situation in a seriously questionable manner. I think it's pretty telling that you're most concerned with pushing your own message and not, you know, apologizing to all the people on the forum with Asperger's whom you've basically just taken a shit on.

bighead384
11-04-2012, 09:28 AM
And a medical doctor's input is necessary for a medical diagnosis. Just FYI. But either way, you approached this whole situation in a seriously questionable manner. I think it's pretty telling that you're most concerned with pushing your own message and not, you know, apologizing to all the people on the forum with Asperger's whom you've basically just taken a shit on.
I'd like to start my response by raising the question: Does 1565 (and unfortunately several others here) know what the word "intent" means? Or, if she does, does she have the basic skills to make a simple determination about another person's intent?

Let's establish a simple criteria: When a person intends to lie for attention, that would mean that they've started a dialogue by making a claim that they are fully aware is untrue, or a claim that is supported by little or no evidence.

Since an expert told me she is confident that I have Asperger's, isn't it pretty obvious right off the bat that this criteria doesn't apply here? And since my initial claim was only that an expert told me I have Asperger's, how could one insist that my intent was to lie from the get-go when that is 100% true?

Simple stuff here, folks.

T-6005
11-04-2012, 09:42 AM
What you have actually done is the equivalent of crying wolf.

You said you had it - we believed you.

Then you said you didn't. So we stopped.

Then you said you had it again and expected us to follow. If you had it in the first place you could have just explained the process of diagnosis instead of backpedaling and then re/forward/pedaling.

bighead384
11-04-2012, 12:27 PM

Then you said you had it again and expected us to follow. If you had it in the first place you could have just explained the process of diagnosis instead of backpedaling and then re/forward/pedaling.

This post seems to be regarding me being confusing. Which I was. I just got annoyed and made this thread because I figured you guys were gonna believe whatever you want to believe. Don't see what this has to do with the current issue on hand: whether or not my intent from the get-go was to lie for attention.

Llamas
11-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Man, bighead's insanity has reached a point of boredom for me. I've barely skimmed both these threads about Asperger's, and it's all so predictable at this point... there's really something wrong with the guy, and not Asperger's. Dude needs a therapist hardcore.

Godxilla
11-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Incorrect. Trolling 303 is clearly a course designation, not a major.

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER. I CAUGHT YOU
Okay, you did. But my point remains. Bighead's psychotik.

dongsdongsdongsdongsdongs.

seriously though, the fact that people listen to anything bighead has to say, and take it seriously, amazes me.
I actually finally agree with the like of you. He deserves no cred.

This is my exact point. I hate it that Bighead needed to do this, and it disgusts me.

bighead384
11-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Man, bighead's insanity has reached a point of boredom for me. I've barely skimmed both these threads about Asperger's, and it's all so predictable at this point... there's really something wrong with the guy, and not Asperger's. Dude needs a therapist hardcore.

Troll alert!

Paint_It_Black
11-04-2012, 04:57 PM
I don't believe your intention was to lie for attention. I believe your intention was to lie for sympathy and acceptance.

I believe you deeply desire to be liked. Particularly by 1565. And that, along with Justin's artistry, is why this shit is still funny.

bighead384
11-04-2012, 05:15 PM
I don't believe your intention was to lie for attention. I believe your intention was to lie for sympathy and acceptance.

I believe you deeply desire to be liked. Particularly by 1565. And that, along with Justin's artistry, is why this shit is still funny.

If you're not even going to address specific points I've made, I'm just going to assume you're trolling.

T-6005
11-05-2012, 09:27 AM
This post seems to be regarding me being confusing. Which I was. I just got annoyed and made this thread because I figured you guys were gonna believe whatever you want to believe. Don't see what this has to do with the current issue on hand: whether or not my intent from the get-go was to lie for attention.
That may be the 'issue on hand' for you. It is not the 'issue on hand' for anyone else. We no longer believe you with regards to this issue and therefore no longer care. Yet you keep talking about it. It has an.... irritating effect.

bighead384
11-05-2012, 09:42 AM
That may be the 'issue on hand' for you. It is not the 'issue on hand' for anyone else. We no longer believe you with regards to this issue and therefore no longer care. Yet you keep talking about it. It has an.... irritating effect.

What's irritating is that people take the time and energy to get involved in this and post about it, but whenever I've been clear and laid out my points in a way that should make them easy to discuss, people tend to just post something arrogant without addressing the points I've made.

I believe that if you read what I've written in this thread, you will see how far-fatched, or downright ridiculous it is to believe that my intention was as some people are making it out to be. The only thing I'm guilty of is responding badly when pressed on a sensitive subject by a known asshole who's goal was to make me look bad. And even with that, I was quick to rectify the situation.

Baldwin
11-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-05-2012, 12:39 PM
What's irritating is that people take the time and energy to get involved in this and post about it, but whenever I've been clear and laid out my points in a way that should make them easy to discuss, people tend to just post something arrogant without addressing the points I've made.

You clearly didn't notice my first posts about it.

bighead384
11-05-2012, 12:53 PM
You clearly didn't notice my first posts about it.

No, I responded to points you brought up later in the thread. Read the thread.

bornlie
11-05-2012, 02:53 PM

I love bighead he is awesome enough for me to poop on!

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-05-2012, 03:45 PM

I have read the thread. That's how I know no one read what I said on the first 2 pages.

bighead384
11-05-2012, 11:24 PM
I have read the thread. That's how I know no one read what I said on the first 2 pages.

Yeah, okay.

Llamas
11-06-2012, 04:14 AM

I believe that if you read what I've written in this thread, you will see how far-fatched, or downright ridiculous it is to believe that my intention was as some people are making it out to be. The only thing I'm guilty of is responding badly when pressed on a sensitive subject by a known asshole who's goal was to make me look bad. And even with that, I was quick to rectify the situation.

Okay, I just read both threads.

Everyone thinks you're either a nutjob or an asshole except you. Even Godxilla, who was previously your ally. Even Treez and I, who've defended you in the past and tried to give you chances. You really crossed the line with this Asperger's thing, dude. You started out by making a completely insincere thread, in which you made other people here who've been dealing with Asperger's for years very uncomfortable. You started by referring to anyone with Asperger's as a "basically retarded", and then you went on to say, "But that's what I like about Asperger's. It makes you different enough to get attention, but not different enough that you function as a full on tard." Already, even before the Baldwin incident, you acted like an asshole. THEN you blatantly lied regarding Baldwin (and the fact that he's a giant troll does not excuse that in the slightest - it's easy to ignore people you don't want to address, which you do quite often). And then you came and made a new thread, claiming you DON'T have the disease, for really some really weird reason... and then went back again and said you have it. I don't even get why you announced to everyone here that you have it in the first place, honestly. There's something seriously wrong with you, and pretty much everyone here agrees. That's a pretty bad sign, when Godxilla and I agree on something.

bighead384
11-06-2012, 06:28 AM
Ok, so you basically just choose to believe everything I've said is a lie because I acted oddly. That's not really that interesting or groundbreaking. Could have just said that.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Okay, I just read both threads.

Everyone thinks you're either a nutjob or an asshole except you. Even Godxilla, who was previously your ally. Even Treez and I, who've defended you in the past and tried to give you chances. You really crossed the line with this Asperger's thing, dude. You started out by making a completely insincere thread, in which you made other people here who've been dealing with Asperger's for years very uncomfortable. You started by referring to anyone with Asperger's as a "basically retarded", and then you went on to say, "But that's what I like about Asperger's. It makes you different enough to get attention, but not different enough that you function as a full on tard." Already, even before the Baldwin incident, you acted like an asshole. THEN you blatantly lied regarding Baldwin (and the fact that he's a giant troll does not excuse that in the slightest - it's easy to ignore people you don't want to address, which you do quite often). And then you came and made a new thread, claiming you DON'T have the disease, for really some really weird reason... and then went back again and said you have it. I don't even get why you announced to everyone here that you have it in the first place, honestly. There's something seriously wrong with you, and pretty much everyone here agrees. That's a pretty bad sign, when Godxilla and I agree on something.

Thank you! I agree with everything you said here, except that Asperger's is not a disease, it's a disorder. Bighead may show some signs of Asperger's, like the inability to tell when people are joking or trolling and an interest in strange topics, but someone who actually has it would not refer to it and themselves in such a way as he has. Insensitive people and idiots also act like him.
No one ever reads what I post about Asperger's, so I won't be surprised if this one gets skipped over, as well.

bighead384
11-06-2012, 09:06 AM
There's an expert out there who would disagree with all of you. Just letting you know.

Tiny Vessels
11-06-2012, 09:08 AM
There's an expert out there who would disagree with all of you. Just letting you know.

And there is an expert who would AGREE with all of US! Just saying.

_Lost_
11-06-2012, 09:10 AM
I don't think you posts are being ignored Melissa. They just aren't being quoted with comments like "I agree" because the focus is on bighead and with this being such a one sided conversation, it would get a little tiresome reading post after post that simply quoted others saying "this this this...".

As far as you go bighead, you made a highly insensitive post that seemed to imply you thought people with asperger syndrome were retarded attention seekers. Then, you decided to argue with Baldwin. You should know better than that. I've been around for nearly eight years and haven't seen him bested.

Harleyquiiinn
11-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Just to say that I am pretty sure I don't have Asperger.

It seems on topic to inform you all.

However, and eventhough no expert or medical doctor could confirm it, I definitely have a socially awkward pinguin syndrom (SAP).

bighead384
11-06-2012, 09:16 AM
I don't really see the big deal with me joking about being retarded after an expert told me she believes I have Asperger's. Probably not the right thing to say, but I don't see why it's that big of a deal.

bornlie
11-06-2012, 09:33 AM

in expert in what? If a chef tells me, that my ass looks like a burger I'm not going to tell the world i have aspergers.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 09:34 AM
I don't really see the big deal with me joking about being retarded after an expert told me she believes I have Asperger's. Probably not the right thing to say, but I don't see why it's that big of a deal.

If he doesn't get it, maybe he really DOES have it! Haha!

See, that is an acceptable Asperger's joke. Calling those with it retarded is not. It's insulting to everyone.

bornlie
11-06-2012, 09:35 AM
If he doesn't get it, maybe he really DOES have it! Haha!

See, that is an acceptable Asperger's joke. Calling those with it retarded is not. It's insulting to everyone.

haha I know right!

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 09:37 AM
haha I know right!

I'm always right. You know this.

Baldwin
11-06-2012, 09:39 AM
In all seriousness though, autism-spectrum disorders are a form of retardation. I can see why you'd all be upset he lied about it for attention, but why you getting mad when he called a spade a spade? There might be nicer, more sensitive ways of phrasing it, but the basic bottom-line fact is that autards are socially retarded.

bighead384
11-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Timeline
- I told the truth (that an expert claimed I have Asperger's).

- I acted stupidly afterwards and made fun of the situation (in ways that could be considered offensive to others with Asperger's)

- I lied about a medical doctor diagnosing me to get Justin off my back

- I felt pathetic about doing so, so I then told the truth (that a psychotherapist, not a medical doctor, claimed I have Asperger's)

- I got annoyed and made this thread because I figured people would just believe what they wanted to believe anyway (that I'm lying for attention). That was stupid of me and confused everyone and I don't know why I did it.

- Here I am now, arguing with people that I have a form of autism, which is pathetic. I already have no credibility here, and I admitted to lying about part of the situation, so no one believes the things I'm saying that actually ARE true.

Alright, I think I'm finally ready to stop posting about this.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 09:57 AM
In all seriousness though, autism-spectrum disorders are a form of retardation. I can see why you'd all be upset he lied about it for attention, but why you getting mad when he called a spade a spade? There might be nicer, more sensitive ways of phrasing it, but the basic bottom-line fact is that autards are socially retarded.

At least we're more intelligent than you neurotypicals.

bornlie
11-06-2012, 09:59 AM
At least we're more intelligent than you neurotypicals.

right on, you tell them girlfriend!

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 10:05 AM
And if you don't believe me that people with Asperger's are more intelligent than neurotypicals, prove me wrong and see if you can understand this: http://melyssathepunkrocker.deviantart.com/gallery/6991590#/d4jour3

bornlie
11-06-2012, 10:07 AM
And if you don't believe me that people with Asperger's are more intelligent than neurotypicals, prove me wrong and see if you can understand this: http://melyssathepunkrocker.deviantart.com/gallery/6991590#/d4jour3

I have aspergers and you lost me after you said "review"

Baldwin
11-06-2012, 10:10 AM
There's a widespread myth that autard intelligence skews higher than normal folks, statistically speaking. It's based off anecdotal evidence, of course, and can't be proved true because so many autards aren't functional enough to properly perform on any of the flawed intelligence-measuring tests available to us. I'm willing to give you guys the benefit of the doubt however and say that the myth probably has a factual basis. But remember, it's statistics we're talking about, not some sort of guaranteed trait. There are indeed plenty of autards with staggering intellectual capabilities, but you can have aspergers and still be dumb as fuck.

In any event, humans are a social animal and it's our social skills that put us on the top of the food chain and allowed us to outcompete all lesser homonids into extinction. Two days ago I ate deep-fried shark while watching a bear ride a unicycle on youtube, and that was possible because of humans social abilities. Not our analytical abilities, not our opposable thumbs, but the ability to communicate and co-operate with others from our species.

I'm not saying autards are less than human, exactly. I'm just saying you're lesser humans.

Little_Miss_1565
11-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Justin, come on dude. Seriously?

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 10:15 AM
There's a widespread myth that autard intelligence skews higher than normal folks, statistically speaking. It's based off anecdotal evidence, of course, and can't be proved true because so many autards aren't functional enough to properly perform on any of the flawed intelligence-measuring tests available to us. I'm willing to give you guys the benefit of the doubt however and say that the myth probably has a factual basis. But remember, it's statistics we're talking about, not some sort of guaranteed trait. There are indeed plenty of autards with staggering intellectual capabilities, but you can have aspergers and still be dumb as fuck.

In any event, humans are a social animal and it's our social skills that put us on the top of the food chain and allowed us to outcompete all lesser homonids into extinction. Two days ago I ate deep-fried shark while watching a bear ride a unicycle on youtube, and that was possible because of humans social abilities. Not our analytical abilities, not our opposable thumbs, but the ability to communicate and co-operate with others from our species.

I'm not saying autards are less than human, exactly. I'm just saying you're lesser humans.

You would have never even known I have Asperger's if I never said it. So, I apparently can masquerade as a not lesser human. It would be make just as much sense for me to call you a lesser human because you can't think as fast or as logically as I can or retain information as well the first time you hear it. Just because I don't pick up on social cues as well as you do doesn't mean you are better than I am. Intelligence is just as important to humans as being social.

bornlie
11-06-2012, 10:20 AM
You would have never even known I have Asperger's if I never said it. So, I apparently can masquerade as a not lesser human. It would be make just as much sense for me to call you a lesser human because you can't think as fast or as logically as I can or retain information as well the first time you hear it. Just because I don't pick up on social cues as well as you do doesn't mean you are better than I am. Intelligence is just as important to humans as being social.

I am more than human. I am a God. I thank Aspergers for who I am today. Who cares if I am not perfect in social situations. Punk rock is all about not giving a fuck.

Baldwin
11-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Firstly, I could have guessed you were autistic by a single glance at your forum signature. Secondly, being autarded doesn't automatically make you more intelligent or logical than me, or anybody else. Statistics don't work that way, and if I have to explain that to you then you're clearly nowhere near as intelligent or logical as you'd like to believe.

And finally, intelligence is not more important than being social. The neanderthals were more intelligent than us. Look where they are now ; in evolution's reject bin.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Firstly, I could have guessed you were autistic by a single glance at your forum signature. Secondly, being autarded doesn't automatically make you more intelligent or logical than me, or anybody else. Statistics don't work that way, and if I have to explain that to you then you're clearly nowhere near as intelligent or logical as you'd like to believe.

And finally, intelligence is not more important than being social. The neanderthals were more intelligent than us. Look where they are now ; in evolution's reject bin.

None of what you just said makes any sense. Stop being jealous of me and hating on my sig just because the Offspring know who I am and Greg acknowledged me.

Changing climate is one of the main reasons why the neanderthals became extinct, dumbass.

bornlie
11-06-2012, 10:39 AM
None of what you just said makes any sense. Stop being jealous of me and hating on my sig just because the Offspring know who I am and Greg acknowledged me.

Changing climate is one of the main reasons why the neanderthals became extinct, dumbass.

I love you

Baldwin
11-06-2012, 10:56 AM
If you don't understand that autards having a statistically higher intelligence doesn't make every autard a genius, then you clearly got skipped over when the super-aspergers-intelligence-skills were being handed out. And your signature doesn't make anybody jealous. It makes us think you're a weird stalker. But if nothing I said made sense to you last time, then this probably won't compute either.

To address your only relevent point, climate change only contributed to the Neanderthals extinction because they didn't have the social aptitude to cooperate together to form more efficient large-scale hunting techniques, (such as game beating, or trap corrals) like humans did. They had clothes, they had fire, they didn't just sit around freezing to death. They failed to adapt and their failure was the inability to form larger groups and cooperate, both in large-scale hunting and in repelling the organised warfare that humans were directing against them. They failed, as a species, because they couldn't form social bonds in numbers as large as humans could, and they couldn't communicate plans and tactics to each other as eloquently as humans could. Humans were better than they were, just like humans are better than aspies.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Yeah, a stalker. Haha, that makes me laugh. Like I travel all over the country, following them wherever they go, taking pictures of them. You really are a jealous moron.

I have to go to work now, but I can finish reading your post and point out why you are wrong once I get back, if I feel like it.

By the way, I'm better than you. Deal with it.

bornlie
11-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Yeah, a stalker. Haha, that makes me laugh. Like I travel all over the country, following them wherever they go, taking pictures of them. You really are a jealous moron.

I have to go to work now, but I can finish reading your post and point out why you are wrong once I get back, if I feel like it.

By the way, I'm better than you. Deal with it.

I love you even more!

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 11:07 AM
I love you even more!

Baldwin is just all mad at me for being so cool. He wishes he were awesome like me. I'm done downplaying and being so modest on this forum. I'm going to tell it how it is from now on.

bornlie
11-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Baldwin is just all mad at me for being so cool. He wishes he were awesome like me. I'm done downplaying and being so modest on this forum. I'm going to tell it how it is from now on.

awww in other words you are going to be more like me.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 11:10 AM
awww in other words you are going to be more like me.

Exactly. I'm going to stop caring if I offend people because what I have to say matters.

bornlie
11-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Exactly. I'm going to stop caring if I offend people because what I have to say matters.

yeah! Baldwin is a cunt and Bighead was dropped on his head as a child.

_Lost_
11-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Bighead, does your psychotherapist specialize in autism spectrum disorders?

If so, why on Earth would he/she be seeing anyone not clinically diagnosed with autism or aspergers? Much more money in specialties.

If not, he/she doesn't qualify as an expert.

Llamas
11-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Ok, so you basically just choose to believe everything I've said is a lie because I acted oddly. That's not really that interesting or groundbreaking. Could have just said that.

No; I don't care whether or not you have Asperger's. Maybe you do. I do not care. My point is rather this:

- I acted stupidly afterwards and made fun of the situation (in ways that could be considered offensive to others with Asperger's)

- I lied about a medical doctor diagnosing me to get Justin off my back

- I felt pathetic about doing so, so I then told the truth (that a psychotherapist, not a medical doctor, claimed I have Asperger's)

- I got annoyed and made this thread because I figured people would just believe what they wanted to believe anyway (that I'm lying for attention). That was stupid of me and confused everyone and I don't know why I did it.

You openly admit to being offensive, lying, doing something pathetic, and doing something stupid... but you won't just say flat-out that you were a prick and apologize for the whole thing. At least not without giving a bunch of pansy-ass, childish excuses for your shitty behavior.

I understood that quite well. But obviously a lot of people who didn't study biology and evolution might not. It's not a fair "test" of intelligence because it's incredibly specified - geared toward the knowledge of people who study or work in that field.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I understood that quite well. But obviously a lot of people who didn't study biology and evolution might not. It's not a fair "test" of intelligence because it's incredibly specified - geared toward the knowledge of people who study or work in that field.

Well, thank you for not being nasty to me. Yeah, it's pretty specialized. I picked it myself as a topic.

bornlie
11-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Well, thank you for not being nasty to me. Yeah, it's pretty specialized. I picked it myself as a topic.

you are always right :P

bighead384
11-06-2012, 09:35 PM
No; I don't care whether or not you have Asperger's. Maybe you do. I do not care. My point is rather this:You openly admit to being offensive, lying, doing something pathetic, and doing something stupid... but you won't just say flat-out that you were a prick and apologize for the whole thing. At least not without giving a bunch of pansy-ass, childish excuses for your shitty behavior.
So you're changing the subject to what you care about, with the goal that I admit that my behavior wasn't the most appropriate. Even though I already acknowledged this in the post you just quoted.

I'm sorry if I offended Melyssa K by saying "retarded". That doesn't mean folks should zero in on what I did wrong just so they can believe a preferred set of facts that make look like an ass. I've come around and told the full truth about this, and I don't see what's so hard about believing me.

I've gone through days since I made this thread where I struggle with the problems that I believe are the result of Asperger's. And I've thought of this thread a few times, and honestly, it pisses me off. Maybe the people who pat themselves on the back every day for being "the most tolerant person in the room" and "the smartest person in the room" should show a little empathy.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 09:50 PM
So, who's the most tolerant person, and who is the smartest person you are looking for?

bornlie
11-06-2012, 09:56 PM
So, who's the most tolerant person, and who is the smartest person you are looking for?

you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 10:01 PM
you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then that makes me the bad guy here.

Lizardus
11-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Then that makes me the bad guy here.

Bad guys are awesome.

_Lost_
11-07-2012, 08:28 AM
This thread is just going 'round and 'round. Bighead's defense won't change no matter the argument presented or vice versa.