PDA

View Full Version : Baby!Babe!

Dulce
11-13-2012, 01:57 AM
What's more annoying and less irritating??

In a relationship, I'd like for a guy to address me as, 'Dulce' not a pet name.

For instance like an example:

My next door neighbor he wanted me to be he's little pet as in a sexual reference.

The answer was a no and he moved on to the next chick on his list.

Hate the same old shit happening to me with horny perverts.

Wished something different in a decent guy like originality meets personality in my happy book.

Sorry - I guess I am semi-trolling.

I suggest for advice from you folks.

RageAndLov
11-13-2012, 02:27 AM
Sorry, but that's the price of promiscuity.

Alison
11-13-2012, 02:42 AM
I absolutely hate if a guy calls me "babe" or "baby" or "love" or "chick" (yes, I have gotten that one :confused:), or basically anything other than my name or some sort of respectful nickname.

Dulce
11-13-2012, 02:45 AM
Rage, I've been labeled as a FEMME FATALE and I don't step out of my house looking all sexy/hot. Am I being targeted to desperate pedophiles. My neighborhood is full of them and sucks for me not taking action in risking my reputation.

RageAndLov
11-13-2012, 04:03 AM
Rage, I've been labeled as a FEMME FATALE and I don't step out of my house looking all sexy/hot. Am I being targeted to desperate pedophiles. My neighborhood is full of them and sucks for me not taking action in risking my reputation.

Baby, I'm an anarchist! And as an anarchist I would like to say that femme fatale is one of the most sexualised stereotypes available. It is usually one good-looking babe with some dangerous attributes. They call you what you are, a babe. If you don't like that, then you should stop, take some time to think and figure out what's important to you.

WebDudette
11-13-2012, 04:09 AM
I'm not going to address my concerns with strangers calling women pet names like that at the moment, but I do have them.

I haven't really been in a position to call someone by a pet name or whatever, but I can't see my self ever doing it, I'm not sure I'd care if someone else did it to me. I very rarely even use nicknames. Even when they are long standing nicknames, sometimes more commonly used than their actual name.

prettyflyforablackchick
11-13-2012, 08:06 AM
I think most pet names for women are silly and ugly. However, I have to admit, I've never been called "babe" or "baby" or anything like that by a guy that I actually liked. There's a guy I really like now, and I might enjoy being called some pet name by him. Who knows?

Tiny Vessels
11-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Sweetie, hun, baby, babe,dear I love it. I really do it makes me feel good and it also makes me smile. But my all time favorite is when my guy calls me deary dear. I LOVE that.

Little_Miss_1565
11-13-2012, 10:31 AM
My boyfriend and I call each other "babe." But when a stranger does it, I feel enraged.

T-6005
11-13-2012, 01:07 PM
I call the women close to me babe all the time.

I like saying it - it's almost an afterthought. A sleepy "G'night, babe" when the day is done is a good feeling. Or a "Hey, babe" when you see them. It's not purposeful, it just seems natural. It brings up that you are closer to them than to others, and that they inhabit a category in your mind that others never will.

I don't think I would ever say it to someone I wasn't already in...timate with.

Wait, I forgot. I hate women and see them as passive sexual recipients.

Llamas
11-13-2012, 02:25 PM
I have a friend who calls everyone, regardless of gender, "sugar". I dig that. I have another friend who does the same thing, but with "sunshine". I also dig that. If it's my partner, they can call me pet names... but otherwise, it's very patronizing and I don't respond well to it.

RageAndLov
11-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Everyone in the UK is calling everyone "love" regardless of gender.

Dulce
11-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Alright, you folks really dug it and it's totally cool with me. I can respect it and be open-minded about it.

By the next year, hopefully I find a man that can call me whatever his heart may desire. Thank you all.

yellow
11-14-2012, 07:31 AM
yeah no babe or baby. I kinda like nicknames, I have lots of nicknames from the people I meet. My roommate and I give people who annoy us nicknames, nothing too cruel or mean, but funny

Godxilla
11-14-2012, 04:49 PM
From time to time, I use such terms. For example, one of my baseball teammates was bitching about night games. He said, "Nighttime is when I turn off, man."
And I said, "Oh, nighttime is when I turn on, babe." He gave a wierd look, cracked up, and then searched for another seat. So yes, I am familiar with the negative effects of using infant vocabulary towards a peer.