PDA

View Full Version : What are you not listening to?

bighead384
11-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Rap. 101010

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Not Offspring.

Dulce
11-21-2012, 04:23 AM
The fucking list:

Country crap.
Ecstasy noise.
Ska shit.
Pop sucks.
Boy bands.
Techno blows.
Industrial acid
Trippy sounds on pot
Emo screamers

jacknife737
11-22-2012, 04:43 PM
I was scolded the other day for not recognizing a Bon Jovi song and later one by Tom Petty.

_Lost_
11-23-2012, 11:51 AM
There is only one Tom Petty song I can reliably recognize. If it wasn't for Kevin Bacon, I probably wouldn't know any. Gotta love the Bacon-nator

RageAndLov
11-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Pop "punk" bands like Blink 182, Sum 41, Bowling for Soup and all such bands. I also dislike pop punk bands with horns like Big Reel Fish and Big D and the Kids Table. I want to puke listening to anything like this. The only bands that are somewhat pop punk that I can tolerate are Green Day and Offspring. I like Green Day's newer material better when they went to more straight rock like Warning and AI, and I like Offspring older material better when you could actually could call them punk like Ignition and Smash.

tl;dr pop "punk" fucking sucks.

Selena74
11-25-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm not listening to pop music, rap music, hip-hop music, or country. Yuck!! Only rock music for me! :)

cool 2 hate 681
11-25-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm not listening to pop music, rap music, hip-hop music, or country. Yuck!! Only rock music for me! :)

same here.

Harleyquiiinn
11-26-2012, 03:39 AM
I honestly can't stand Norah Jones. I mean her music and her voice. I have nothing against her. I'm sure she is a very nice lady.

But every time I hear the beginning of "Don't know why" I want to sleep.

Jojan
11-26-2012, 04:28 AM
My parents.

lol just kidding

Alison
11-26-2012, 05:41 AM
The vast majority of indie music. I find it so boring.

Also not much a fan of 'classic' rock. Dance music (except some Basshunter :o), majority of pop music (except Abba - Abba are great!).

samseby
11-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Ska, Metal, RnB / Hip Hop, Folk Music, Operette, Schlager Music ... (with a view exceptions)

MOTO13
11-27-2012, 12:51 PM
That god awful crap band called Mumford and Sons. How does this awful shit even qualify as music?

Tiny Vessels
11-27-2012, 12:54 PM
That god awful crap band called Mumford and Sons. How does this awful shit even qualify as music?

Um I think you liked one of their songs either Little Lion Man or The Cave.

MOTO13
11-27-2012, 01:09 PM
No I didn't. I hear this shit on the radio and just wanna snap.

Tiny Vessels
11-27-2012, 01:13 PM
No I didn't. I hear this shit on the radio and just wanna snap.

You probably don't like their new song called I Will Wait, but you did like one of their old songs. I know, you told me you did, I just can't remember which one.

cool 2 hate 681
11-27-2012, 02:30 PM

I agree they always play them on the radio here they are fucking awful and I can't stand them

a lot of the music they play on rock stations now isn't even rock it's this folk bullshit like Mumford and Sons

Dulce
11-28-2012, 07:03 AM
Not Offspring.

The Offspring's music is 100 times way better than any other bands on the industrystockmarket. Teehee >^<

Selena74
11-28-2012, 09:08 AM
I agree they always play them on the radio here they are fucking awful and I can't stand them

a lot of the music they play on rock stations now isn't even rock it's this folk bullshit like Mumford and Sons

I totally agree with this. They are played on the radio so much here in Cincinnati! Ugh... I just don't see their appeal.

jacknife737
11-28-2012, 11:36 PM
I can't stand any "classic rock" stuff: especially something like Pink Floyd or Zeppelin.

I don't hate the Beatles, though i never listen to them; though i like some of Paul McCartney's solo stuff.

Harleyquiiinn
11-29-2012, 09:36 AM
I absolutely love Mumford and Sons. I discovered it 2 weeks ago and that's pratically all I've been listening since then :)

But I don't listen to the radio and anyway, that's not really what they put on the radio here. So I guess I couldn't grow tired of them.

Still, I've been watching them live and I think they are very good.

It's the second time I notice that something is widely known in the US and not at all in France. It's strange because I get the impression we get all of your stuff. The first time was with Death Cab For Cutie. Nobody knows that band here. I mean, I got to know The Postal Service before Death Cab for Cutie and only because I was hanging out with a weird guy back then. Same thing with Mumford and Sons. I hang out with people who listen to music A LOT and none of them knew Mumford and Sons.

And you guys on the other side of the Atlantic get to grow tired of it because it is played too much ? :D I think I might envy you on this...

Dulce
12-11-2012, 09:01 AM
The radio station sucks. Deejay plays the same old shit. For the sake of steak, let me hear a different band song. Fuck.

Tiny Vessels
12-11-2012, 11:22 AM
The first time was with Death Cab For Cutie. Nobody knows that band here....

I love Death Cab For Cutie, one of my favorite bands. I like The Postal Service but I'm not that big into them. Ben Gibbard's solo stuff is pretty good too. Maybe you should give it a try :)

XYlophonetreeZ
12-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Retards Attempting Poetry LOL cant spell CRAP without RAP!

This could be a good thread to talk about bands and artists that you're sick of hearing about and don't really get, though. In that case,

Animal Collective (I don't care how innovative they are, they're annoying to actually listen to)
tUnE-yArDs (or however you stylize her stupid name. I like a lot of weird, experimental shit and yet I can find no purpose to her music other than being a quirky-ass tryhard. Pull your head out of your ass and go listen to Gang Gang Dance.)
Mumford and Sons (They have one or two songs that stand out and the rest of them sound exactly the same. The definition of mediocre. The fact that they end up on every fast casual restaurant and coffeeshop's playlist is extremely telling- it shows just how "inoffensive" (code for boring) they are.)
Drake ("Over My Dead Body" is a phenomenal song, otherwise meh. There are about a thousand better rappers around today and his cadence is really annoying.)
Kid Cudi (Lyrics are pretentious and narcissistic as fuck and he has the most annoying fanbase EVER.)
Passion Pit (I mean, Manners was a pretty good album, but how could anyone not be sick of them by now, especially after their new shitty album?)
Title Fight (Basement = better version of Title Fight)
Avenged Sevenfold (LOL at their fans. All such sad, miserable, horrible people.)

For the next section, I will list the most overrated songs of all time.

Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl (But it's a great example of what it would sound like if you handed a guy a guitar, put a gun to his head and asked him to start singing.)
The Postal Service - Such Great Heights (The intro is alright but the song gets boring fast and the lyrics aren't romantic, they're stupid.)
Dispatch - The General (Every college asshole loves this song. Probably because it blows, and it's possible for retards to play on guitar.)

OK, that's all I've got for now.

Rooster
12-12-2012, 03:17 AM
I guess a list of what I listen to would be shorter than a list of what I don't, so I'll try to focus just on what I really can't stand:

- Indie rock, indie pop, basically anything with "indie" in its name - I understand that people can like these genres, but I simply can't find anything even remotely satisfying in listening to something that bores me as much as indie. I'm not claiming I've heard all indie related music, but don't try to make suggestions which bands I should check, because from what I heard so far everything is the same featureless mix of sounds, with boring instrumentals and vocals. Seriously, nothing packs any punch whatsoever.

- Mumford & Sons - same criticisms that apply to indie music. I saw a live video of one of their songs a few days ago on MTV and thought it was particularly funny how the band members were headbanging and the crowd was jumping to something that (to my ears) carries less energy than a flat iPhone battery. Sorry if anyone thinks I'm too harsh, but this music just isn't for me. Harley, we shall agree to disagree on this one :)

I left out all the crap like Justin Beaver and the likes, because that music is probably disliked by default. It's like DNA, all living beings share a vast ammount of DNA and non-activated genes, they're always there so there's no need to mention them. Luckilly for me though I don't listen to radio, so it's fairly easy to avoid music that annoys me.