PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead

Dulce
11-30-2012, 08:44 AM
http://georgespigot.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/the-walking-dead-11.jpg

Who watches it on Sunday's? Great fucking tv series! Killing zombies is the bomb shit. I'm a fan and take a wild guess who's my favorite character, :rolleyes:.

Chainsaw
11-30-2012, 09:26 AM
The second season sucked. The third one is quite good so far if you're into that sort of thing. I enjoyed the comic more though.

Dulce
11-30-2012, 11:03 AM
A comic of The Walking Dead? The first season, got me hooked and second/third are doing pretty damn good with on how the story is taking place and stuff. Hopefully, the Director will make it last like ten more seasons because I'm curious to know if my favorite character will survive or die at the finale. :rolleyes:

Chainsaw
11-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Yeah, the whole thing is actually based on the comic book series.

cool 2 hate 681
11-30-2012, 11:40 AM
the first season of it was really awful the first part of the second season was not that great either but the show has picked up I think :) season 3 is really good the best moment in the show so far was what happened with shane last season

Outerspaceman21
12-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I've really enjoyed the third season so far. First season was great imo, second season had it's moments and it's dilemmas, but it had it's fair share of hair pulling JESUSFUCKINGCHRISTKILLSHANEALREADYCARLSTAYINTHEGOD DAMNHOUSE!!! The finale was a really good pay off, though and I like where they are going with the third season.

bighead384
12-02-2012, 11:35 AM
I want to get into this, but I heard the acting sucks...

jacknife737
12-02-2012, 03:34 PM
The acting certainly isn't on par with other shows like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Treme, ect, but i wouldn't exactly call it terrible.

Though in all fairness, this sort of show is more about having fun watching gratuitous violence than paying attention to the acting.

This third season has been by far the best stuff of the series so far.

Dulce
12-10-2012, 05:56 PM
What if the show got canceled? It's like the only good thing on tv. Nothing is fun to watch anymore. Everything is about as dull and let alOne the news.

nieh
12-11-2012, 12:40 PM
What if the show got canceled? It's like the only good thing on tv. Nothing is fun to watch anymore. Everything is about as dull and let alOne the news.

I only bothered with the first season, which had some really cool parts and some really shit parts, because I heard the second season was basically just the shit parts. I'm still working my way through a lot of these but off the top of my head these are all better and are all still on the air:
Breaking Bad, Parks and Recreation, Louie, Adventure Time, Community.

Dulce
12-12-2012, 07:27 PM
I only bothered with the first season, which had some really cool parts and some really shit parts, because I heard the second season was basically just the shit parts. I'm still working my way through a lot of these but off the top of my head these are all better and are all still on the air:
Breaking Bad, Parks and Recreation, Louie, Adventure Time, Community.

Yeah, I've already heard of the ones you just mentioned but I used to be so obsessed with Smallville. Lex Luthor dies and Clark Kent finally gets to fly. The director made like ten seasons based on the comic books.

cool 2 hate 681
02-10-2013, 10:05 PM
the show came back tonight i guess there are ghosts in it now lol

Dulce
02-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Oh, what the hell? They've just ruined it the whole series then. I'm gonna stick with Dexter & Smallville.

Little_Miss_1565
02-10-2013, 11:33 PM
the show came back tonight i guess there are ghosts in it now lol

Don't think they're ghosts so much as hallucinations.

WebDudette
02-10-2013, 11:45 PM
I have to finish the last two episodes from last season eventually I guess. This show is just... I can't get into it, with a show like this, I think it's important to care about the characters and I don't give a damn about a single character.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-11-2013, 12:32 AM
It's exceptionally hard for me to get into a show about zombies that was created during a time when anything about zombies was a guaranteed meme-baiting hit anyway.

StayInTheHouseCarl
02-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Hmm... never heard of it.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
02-11-2013, 05:27 PM
It is currently my second favorite TV show that's still putting out new episodes. The actors are good enough for me not to get distracted, and the characters are a lot more interesting yet still believable than the characters in some shows. I also enjoy that almost all my predictions about the future of the story fail. I also like the blood and the zombies are pretty rad. :D

jacknife737
02-12-2013, 11:47 AM

Yep, they're not really there.

Also, i've been pretty pleased with this season. The show seems to have finally gotten past that low period it had that started the second season.

_Lost_
02-12-2013, 02:21 PM
This new episode was disappointing for me. Hopefully next week's is better.

nieh
02-12-2013, 02:27 PM
It's exceptionally hard for me to get into a show about zombies that was created during a time when anything about zombies was a guaranteed meme-baiting hit anyway.

Yeah, that seems to be the only reason it's survived this long. It started off promising with the first couple episodes, but went downhill very quickly.

cool 2 hate 681
02-12-2013, 02:30 PM
This new episode was disappointing for me. Hopefully next week's is better.

I thought it was ok I was hoping for a cliffhanger since it was the first episode back

oh ok :)

NitroYouthNRG
03-14-2013, 01:41 AM
That show is my life! AH

wheelchairman
03-25-2013, 05:25 PM
That show is my life! AH

Thats too bad, its mostly awful.

Paint_It_Black
05-28-2013, 12:46 AM
Should go without saying, but may contain spoilers.

This show is just... I can't get into it, with a show like this, I think it's important to care about the characters and I don't give a damn about a single character.

I think caring about the characters is important in any show. I agree though, I don't care at all about any of the characters in this show. I think that's the biggest problem they have with The Walking Dead. None of their characters are particularly likable. Nobody is particularly charismatic or cool in any way. I would not say the acting is bad exactly, it's more like everyone is portraying a boring minor character and no one is really stepping up and grabbing our attention. Nobody is acting like a damn lead. It's just one of those things that happen occasionally. Unfortunately it should have been caught in the casting stage. I haven't felt like a cast has failed to work this badly since Star Trek Voyager. The writing and everything else could of course be improved too, but I sort of doubt this cast could ever have produced anything truly good together.

The third season was definitely the best, and probably the first I would say was actually worth watching. If they keep this level of quality as a minimum I'll probably stick with it just because I love anything post-apocalyptic.

I can't really believe I'm saying this, but I almost find their attempts at diversity on the show to be offensive. I mean, you get a token asian guy and a token black guy. If another token black guy shows up you know the current token brother is fucked. And T-Dog (hard to believe that was actually what they called him) basically was given the least development as a character and nobody really ever seemed to give a shit about him at all, even though he was actually a pretty great guy. Again, I can't believe I'm the one saying this stuff. I think maybe it annoyed me because it's so incredibly obvious with this show.

WebDudette
05-28-2013, 01:19 AM
I actually liked Shane a lot, he was the most interesting character.

Paint_It_Black
05-28-2013, 01:42 AM
He was certainly the most interesting character in a show comprised almost entirely of terminally uninteresting characters.

WebDudette
05-28-2013, 02:56 AM
yeah .

_Lost_
05-28-2013, 02:50 PM
For the most part, the characters have been based off of their comic book counterparts (I speak in reference to the diversity comment). The only one, that I know of, that wasn't part of the original books, is Darryl. When the auditioned Norman Reedus, they liked him a ton, but didn't have a role that they liked him in, so they made one.

I spent most of season 3 cursing about how I didn't understand why that blonde chick hadn't died yet, because she was annoying as fuck. I hadn't noticed how miserably they've failed to make me give a crap about the characters until you two pointed it out. The only one I was sad to see go was Dale.

Chainsaw
05-28-2013, 05:12 PM
I miss T-Dog :(

Paint_It_Black
05-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Well, that's one I guess.