PDA

View Full Version : Goddamn Glasses.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-28-2004, 10:21 AM
I went into town today with a few friends, and I put my glasses in my pocket, as I tend to do when I meet people. I reach into my pocket to fetch them, they fall out, and break. And now I can't see.

*Insert profanity*

RXP
10-28-2004, 10:24 AM
Perhaps you should buy contacts. I find them great.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Naw, tried some. Hated the bloody things. Not only did I have to put them in the right way round, I had to make sure they were the right way up too, cos I have a stigmatism.

RXP
10-28-2004, 10:27 AM
Oh you had to get hard lenses. I got a slight stigmatism in one of my eyes but they don't correct with soft lenses but I'm fine with that.

Do some research though on contacts. if your stigmatism is in one eye or not that bad you might be ok with soft lenses like me.

Eccentric Sara
10-28-2004, 10:32 AM
Ooh,that sucks!I am short sighted,but I do without glasses or contacts now,as my eyes aren't that bad.Used to wear glasses,but when the jokes about me beinga geek got too much,I got contacts.Got fed up having to clean them etc,so glasses agin when I started uni.They still made me look geeky so I gave up and did without.

RXP
10-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Daily disposable's avoid cleaning.

You can get ones you put in your eye for a whole month and sleep with them on too for a whole month. I wouldn't suggest them though due to the higher chance of infection.

Besdies cleaning takes like 60 secs out of your day. It's no price to pay for clear vision without looking like a geek, clear vision in the rain, no steaming, being able to lay down on your side etc.

contacts rock.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-28-2004, 10:37 AM
No, they were soft lenses. Still didnt like em.

RXP
10-28-2004, 10:38 AM
How can they be soft lenses if you had a spagmatism and had to get them the right way up as well as not inside out?

Soft lenses you can't have upside down.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-28-2004, 10:41 AM
You can. They had a little line on them which had to be at the bottom of the eye.

Eccentric Sara
10-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Daily disposable's avoid cleaning.

You can get ones you put in your eye for a whole month and sleep with them on too for a whole month. I wouldn't suggest them though due to the higher chance of infection.

Besdies cleaning takes like 60 secs out of your day. It's no price to pay for clear vision without looking like a geek, clear vision in the rain, no steaming, being able to lay down on your side etc.

contacts rock.Yeah,in theory,but I am kinda obsessive and paranoid about cleanliness/hygiene/health/getting infections etc,so I would always spend longer than 5 minutes claning them and even then I would be really worried about getting eye infections.Plus my mum paid for my lenses at the time, and she couldn't afford to buy me disposable ones.If it works for you,that's cool though.

Snoopy
10-28-2004, 01:47 PM
I find glasses more convenient than the contacts, besides, some people look really good with glasses. but contacts are cool, especially those colored ones.
i'm short-sighted and i should be wearing glasses all the time, but i avoid wearing them latey, and of course, i noticed that my eyes hurt every evening... *rolls eyes*
ah, my glasses fell on the floor million times, i sat on them a few times, i've fallen asleep wearing them once, they got hit by a ball numerous times, but they never broke. =p

Sunny
10-28-2004, 01:52 PM
i started wearing colored contacts recently and while they might be uncomfortable at first... and it might be hard to put them in right... you get used to them pretty quickly, as do your eyes. Remember, practice makes perfect, so putting them in won't be a problem after a while. I also think they look better than glasses, but that's just my personal preference.

good luck.. heh

Tizzalicious
10-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Eek! That sucks! Why do you take them off when meeting people tho? :confused:

Hope you get new ones soon...

ialsothinkyoushouldgetonlinesooncuzimboredoutofmym ind

Goki
10-28-2004, 02:20 PM
I've had glasses since I was 5 or 6. Yeah I'm so used to them, even it feels weird when I don't wear them for a long while. I can't see - at all - without them. I don't know if I could get used to contact lenses. I've talked to the doctor about wearing contact lenses. She doesn't really like the idea of it for the huge risk of getting your eye infected but she said that I can try those daily contact lenses.

It must be true that sometimes glasses give people the image that you're an anti-social geek. It really depends. Some think glasses make you look intellectual and some think they make you look sexy.

Lager_Lolly
10-28-2004, 02:35 PM
listen! I had laser treatment last year after wearing glasses for 26 years!
I was so relieved to bin the specs and what do I find?....

all my mates are getting plain glass specs coz its sexy!!!!

can't get nowt right but believe me! specs are no longer geeky!! :-)

RXP
10-28-2004, 11:54 PM
There is no HUGE risk of infection.

Talk to an optician about your eyes not a doctor.

Izie
10-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Hmmm I have monthly lenses, but I still have to take them out every night, and I shouldn't sleep without them.

Getting them in was almost impossible at first, but this morning it took me like 2 mins so now I'm all happy :)

I wonder if they have lenses that work for you sight and are coloured too... that'd be nice!

Tizzalicious
10-29-2004, 02:01 AM
I wonder if they have lenses that work for you sight and are coloured too... that'd be nice!

I'm pretty sure they have 'em...must be expensive tho!

Izie
10-29-2004, 02:31 AM
I'm pretty sure they have 'em...must be expensive tho!

Well normal lenses, the disposable ones I use, aren't that epensive... Quite bearable actualy. I just have no idea how much the coloured ones would cost... I'll take a look somewhere I guess :)

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-29-2004, 05:19 AM
Eek! That sucks! Why do you take them off when meeting people tho? :confused:

Cos I think I look better. And now I look like a twonk cos everyone saw me breaking my glasses.

-Miffed-

Dexter_H
10-29-2004, 06:06 AM
My eyes are A okay!

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-29-2004, 06:09 AM
Then get out of my topic.

*Growls*

Tizzalicious
10-30-2004, 02:09 AM
Cos I think I look better. And now I look like a twonk cos everyone saw me breaking my glasses.

-Miffed-

Exactly!! Plus you don't see much without them...just wear them...or try to get used to lenses...get month ones or something, so you'll have longer to get used to them? (you didn't try them for a full month did you?)

Iz: I know...but I think they will be expensive in color...hmm...you should ask!

Izie
10-30-2004, 02:27 AM
Will ask!

Stupid10charactersthing!