PDA

View Full Version : New albums 2013

YourKing
02-07-2013, 03:32 PM
I've been looking through some bands I like and found out there are quite a lot new albums coming out this year.

upcoming

Airbourne - Black Dog Barking
Depeche Mode - Delta Machine
Fall out boy - Save Rock and Roll
Jimmy eat world - TBA
Paramore - Paramore
Limp Bizkit - Stampede of the Disco Elephants
Mindless Self Indulgence - TBA
Noah And The Whale - Heart of Nowhere
Skillet - Rise
Switchfoot - Fading West
The Blackout - Start the Party
Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies
Cage The Elephant - TBA
Within Temptation - TBA

Released

Hollywood Undead - Notes from the Underground
Bad Relegion - True North
Dropkick Murphys - Signed and Sealed in Blood
Tegan & Sara - Heartthrob

If you know some more albums getting released in 2013 post them!

MAXTER
02-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Released this month:

Broadway Calls - Comfort/Distraction
Tegan & Sara - Heartthrob

other releases of this year

Red - Release The Panic
Buckberry - Confession
Orianthi - Heaven In The Hell
Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True
Goo Goo Dolls - Magnetic
Avril Lavigne - TBA
Daughtry - Leave The World Behind

huckit
02-07-2013, 05:56 PM
wow, sounds like some real good stuff coming out
Looking fwd to the offerings from Jimmy Eat World, Goo Goo Dolls and Depeche Mode! ..so far..
:cool:

jacknife737
02-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Frank Turner, Alkaline Trio, Off With Their Heads, Against Me!, The Flatliners

Llamas
02-08-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm in love with Tegan and Sara's new one, as well as Macklemore's. I'm looking forward to the Rilo Kiley b-sides album, and the new one from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, plus I'll definitely grab Alkaline Trio's and probably Against Me's. I might check out the new Goo Goo Dolls, but the last two were so "meh" that I've kind of given up on them.

Tiny Vessels
02-08-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm really excited for Rilo Kiley, Fall Out Boy, Against Me! I might check out Tegan And Sara's new one. I'm more of fan of the older stuff, but I'll give it a try.

Llamas
02-08-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm really excited for Rilo Kiley, Fall Out Boy, Against Me! I might check out Tegan And Sara's new one. I'm more of fan of the older stuff, but I'll give it a try.

The only differences are the instruments they used to record the music, and the ranges of the melodies (they're higher than ever before). Lyrically, structurally, and musically, though, they're classic T+S songs. Unless you have an aversion to electronic instruments, you'll like the album if you like the old stuff.

cool 2 hate 681
02-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True + Broken Wing EP
Face To Face - Three Chords and a Half Truth

Also looking forward to new Rancid later this year

Retard
02-08-2013, 12:40 PM
I gotta second the vote for Tegan and Sara's new one being good. Really friggen good. New Bronx album is pretty great as well.

cool 2 hate 681
02-08-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm really excited for Rilo Kiley,

didn't they break up?

Llamas
02-08-2013, 01:40 PM
didn't they break up?

They did :( The album is a collection of b-sides and other unreleased material.

Outerspaceman21
02-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Short list, haven't had a chance to go through and see what else is coming up this year.

What I've Heard
Bad Religion - True North
The Bronx - The Bronx (IV)

What I'm Looking Forward To
A Wilhelm Scream - TBA

The new Bad Religion and the new Bronx are both very good. I enjoy listening to them. I really like Boat Builders by AWS, so i'm anxiously waiting for new on their album, which they just teased about on facebook.

cool 2 hate 681
02-08-2013, 04:47 PM
They did :( The album is a collection of b-sides and other unreleased material.

oh ok :( my middle school teacher's son was the drummer for that band he gave me a promo copy of The Execution of All Things way before it came out

A Wilhelm Scream - TBA

I don't know what is up with that band it sucks they are so inactive they told me they would play here in june 2012 but it didn't happen :(

Dulce
02-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Looking forward to Young the Giant's new album by 2014.

Llamas
02-08-2013, 04:55 PM
oh ok :( my middle school teacher's son was the drummer for that band he gave me a promo copy of The Execution of All Things way before it came out

That's pretty awesome! And that's totally their best album :) Real shame they broke up, though... but their last album wasn't that good, so maybe it was for the best.

Outerspaceman21
02-08-2013, 10:56 PM
I don't know what is up with that band it sucks they are so inactive they told me they would play here in june 2012 but it didn't happen :(

They've still been playing shows and preforming new songs. They just recently announced they website is gonna be back soon and their expecting the new album to be out by spring.

cool 2 hate 681
02-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Right when I say that I see they are playing a Ruiner album show at The Roxy on St. Patrick's Day :)

I like Ruiner and Mute Print but man I wish they would do a Career Suicide album show

That's pretty awesome! And that's totally their best album :) Real shame they broke up, though... but their last album wasn't that good, so maybe it was for the best.

was it their most popular one? I remember when it came out seeing them interviewed on tv and that they signed to warner bros records

Retard
02-09-2013, 10:42 AM
I loved "Under The Black Light". Had a beatles kinda vibe to a lot of the songs. Looking forward to the new Lawrence Arms album that's supposedly pretty much done. I think Wu-tang is supposed to be recording a new record since this is the 20th anniversary of their debut album. I think there's a bunch of solo Wu shit out this year too.

cool 2 hate 681
02-12-2013, 01:57 PM
I read on twitter last night The Vandals are putting out a new album :)

Retard
02-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Really??? FINAALLYYYY!!! granted I never heard Hollywood Potato Chip. I just read an article that said that The Flatliners just finished recording their new album, so I'm looking forward to that as well.

Raku
02-12-2013, 08:55 PM
We're recording a few songs with a special theme, not an entire album. What is this, 1994?
Source (https://twitter.com/TheVandals/status/301377629339123713)

I guess an ep is better than no new music.

cool 2 hate 681
02-12-2013, 09:10 PM
yeah not an album I guess :( still im looking forward to hearing it

I never heard Hollywood Potato Chip.

it's not very good :(

Retard
02-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Which is probably why I haven't heard it, that and I've never seen it in any stores.

The new Yeah Yeah Yeahs looks like it should be pretty good if not a little strange which I'm all for. Karen O looks smokin with that new hair color too. Still not really feelin the cover though.

cool 2 hate 681
02-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Im looking forward to new Authority Zero the new songs on youtube sound good and I liked their last album Stories of Survival

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baaL7WA9zbQ

RageAndLov
02-14-2013, 10:31 AM
I used to like Authority Zero, and I still like a few songs from the first album. Now I hate the band.

Rooster
02-14-2013, 02:42 PM
New Alice in Chains album drops in May. It's gonna be called "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" (and yes, this is official). Whatever you may think of the album name (my first reaction was in the vein of "they gotta be kidding") it's hardly relevant to what the actual musical content will sound like. If the lead single "Hollow" is any indication I don't think we need to worry about it.

Retard
02-14-2013, 09:19 PM
New Alice in Chains album drops in May. It's gonna be called "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" (and yes, this is official). Whatever you may think of the album name (my first reaction was in the vein of "they gotta be kidding") it's hardly relevant to what the actual musical content will sound like. If the lead single "Hollow" is any indication I don't think we need to worry about it.

Yea, I know I'll think it's shitty before I hear any of it, the single suucked. Tyler The Creator just announced the release date for his new album and with a cover like this how can you lose?

http://cdn4.pitchfork.com/news/49571/021544fb.jpg

RexDarr
02-15-2013, 11:58 PM
Bullet For My Valentine, Hatebreed, Alice in Chains, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Queens Of The Stone Age, The Vines, Black Keys

samseby
02-16-2013, 12:38 AM

cool 2 hate 681
02-16-2013, 11:53 AM
That's fine with me I like Ignite :) and I hope they put out a new album soon since Zoli is out of Pennywise

samseby
02-17-2013, 11:49 PM

Selena74
02-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Right now the new Tomahawk album "Oddfellows" has been in constant rotation in my car. Great album!

cool 2 hate 681
02-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Strung Out are putting out a new album also so im looking forward to that :)

NitroYouthNRG
03-14-2013, 12:48 AM
looking forward to getting my hands on Tape Deck Heart by Frank Turner.

dff_punk
03-17-2013, 07:39 AM
The new album of Ska-P called 99% is totally great. You know what to expect, and you get it. Full of energy, upbeat melodies and everything they do best. I highly recommend it.

Jojan
03-17-2013, 08:03 AM
The Offspring - TBA, TBC, TBD

jacknife737
03-19-2013, 06:04 PM
http://dyingscene.com/wp-content/uploads/old-man-markley-down-side-up-large.jpg

I have no doubt that this will be one of my favorite albums of this year. These guys very easily get better with every release.

I never thought I'd ever find myself drawn to bluegrass, but this stuff is fantastic.

Retard
03-30-2013, 10:40 AM
New Off With Their Heads is surprisingly pretty good on first listen. The last one was pretty boring in my mind. Looking forward to finding a copy of the new Nails CD "Abandon All Light" or something like that. Once my local record store finds the copy they're supposed to have I'll grab that. I might check out the new ALKaline Trio eventually.

RageAndLov
03-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Sectarian Violence's new album, Upward Hostility, is awesome. Great hardcore punk.
Stream for anyone interested: http://gluehc.com/exclusive-sectarian-violence-upward-hostility-album-stream/

Retard
03-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Did not know they had a new one coming out. Thanks for the link.

RageAndLov
04-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Did not know they had a new one coming out. Thanks for the link.

You like Sectarian Violence? If so, then that is awesome. I pre-ordered their new record, and I suspect I will have it at the end of this month. They are great in that they have both a European and an American record label, so no matter where you live (in the West), the shipping is cheap. I like a lot of American hardcore punk bands, so I am used to pay a lot to get them shipped from the US to here. The shipping is usually the same price as the records themselves, so I pay double. Vinyl records are heavy. And then I must pay customs. Life is a bitch.

jacknife737
04-01-2013, 03:21 PM
New Off With Their Heads is surprisingly pretty good on first listen. The last one was pretty boring in my mind. Looking forward to finding a copy of the new Nails CD "Abandon All Light" or something like that. Once my local record store finds the copy they're supposed to have I'll grab that. I might check out the new ALKaline Trio eventually.
`
I'm a huge fan of Home. The more mid-tempo stuff threw me off a bit, because of how aggressive teh band usually is, but they really started to click with me; Ryan Young's lyrics are as brutally depressing as ever and its got catchy hooks, what's not to love? I can see this being one of my top records of the year. I was also a pretty big fan of In Desolation - particularly Clear the Air.

Two records come out tomorrow that i'm incredibly excited for. Frank Turner's new one is probably my most anticipated; i've got incredibly high expectations for it - England Keep My Bones has probably surpassed Love Ire and Song as my favorite record from him. Also, very excited for the new Alkaline Trio; i don't expected it to be groundbreaking, but what i've heard so far is very catchy.

Edit:

Frank Turner actually comes out on the 23rd of this month.

Retard
04-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Yea I really like Sectarian Violence. That demo they did last year is pretty fucking killer. Do you know when exactly they new one is out? They didn't say on the site with the stream.

In Desolation for me was kinda meh, I couldn't really get into it. I remember buying a couple things the day I bought it and really liking the other things I bought a lot more. New one is good.

Did not know that Charles Bradly had a new one out today gonna have to grab that soon.

RageAndLov
04-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Yea I really like Sectarian Violence. That demo they did last year is pretty fucking killer. Do you know when exactly they new one is out? They didn't say on the site with the stream.

It is out on their European label, Carry The Weight Records, in the middle of April, and on their American label, Grave Mistake Records, in the end of April. I don't know if Grave Mistake has a pre-order like Carry The Weight.

cool 2 hate 681
04-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Also, very excited for the new Alkaline Trio; i don't expected it to be groundbreaking, but what i've heard so far is very catchy.

I didn't think it was that good :(

jacknife737
04-06-2013, 12:38 PM
I didn't think it was that good :(

Did you like This Addiction?

I thought this sounded like a good follow up to that record.

cool 2 hate 681
04-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Did you like This Addiction?

I thought this sounded like a good follow up to that record.

Yeah I did :) that's actually one of my favorite punk albums of 2010 with The Black Pacific

OC HAU
04-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Long and diverse album and I find it mostly boring.

The best tracks: Fast In My Car, Now, Part II and maybe Hate to See Your Heart Break

Llamas
04-07-2013, 09:25 AM
The new Alkaline Trio album is the best since Crimson. I definitely like it more than Agony and Irony, as well as This Addiction. It's like they finally took the fact that they've got a mainstream sound now, accepted it, got comfortable with it, and had fun. A&I was boring - it was like they were trying to write their old songs, but with the new sound, and it didn't work. This Addiction branched out a bit into the new sound, but about half the songs don't really do much for me - kinda boring. But My Shame is True nicely balanced between sounding like true AK3, and experimenting with the new sound.

Rooster
04-08-2013, 12:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-90obSa1Az4

Well, I guess QOTSA fans should be excited about the new album. BUT, compare this to anything from the first three albums, which are absolutely golden, this just falls flat. I'm afraid we're getting another Era Vulgaris. It's not that it sounds exactly the same, just that in terms of boringness it's on the same level as that album. Still a fan of the band, but I probably won't bother buying this album.

Alice in Chains on the other hand have another great record coming up, and THAT I look forward to. A Lot.

RageAndLov
04-09-2013, 06:00 AM
With Thatcher being dead, I will finally get Thatcher EP by Chumbawamba. They recorded an EP a few years ago, and you had to pre-order it. It would be released the day Thatcher died, and when she was dead it would not be possible to buy the EP.

They really hate Thatcher.

Outerspaceman21
04-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Heard the Alkaline Trio album, listened to it a couple times so far and I have to say, I love it. This Addiction was alright, but I prefer this album way more. I'm also psyched up about the new QOTSA album, so I'm looking forward to that as well.

My list as it stands right now, haven't had much chance to update it completely, been working like crazy

What I've Heard

A Wilhelm Scream - TBA
Strung Out - TBA
Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork
Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman: Descension

cool 2 hate 681
04-11-2013, 01:15 PM
I heard the new Face To Face album Three Chords and a Half Truth the other day and it was not very good :(

What I've Heard
Authority Zero - The Tipping Point
Alkaline Trio - Broken Wing EP

A Wilhelm Scream - TBA
Strung Out - TBA
Rancid - TBA
Unwritten Law - TBA
Alice In Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here

jacknife737
04-11-2013, 07:45 PM
The new Alkaline Trio has been getting better with almost each listen for me.

Picked this one up fairly recently: I was a big fan of their last album, and this one did not disappoint!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Q4MFhLKWqeA/0.jpg

Retard
04-11-2013, 09:16 PM
On track 4 of the new Alkaline Trio record. I'm liking it so far. New Ghostface Killah album comes out on tuesday. Pretty fucking stoked for that shit.

YourKing
04-23-2013, 04:14 AM
Just found out Sum 41 will also release a new album this year :)

OC HAU
04-24-2013, 07:16 AM
Weird music. It takes time to grow on you. I guess the album doesn't need five 6-minute songs. The best track, perhaps, Strings and Attractors.

Tiny Vessels
04-25-2013, 09:47 PM
What I listened to so far

1) Bad Religion-North
2) Tegan And Sara-Heartthrob
3)Justin Timberlake- The 20/20 Experience
4)Fall Out Boy- Save Rock And Roll

What I need to Check Out
1) Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True

What I'm looking forward to
1) Unwritten Law
2)Rancid

Mr. Punk Pirate
04-26-2013, 07:05 AM
What I've Heard (in alphabetical order)
Authority Zero - The Tipping Point
Bring Me the Horizon - Sempiternal
Killswitch Engage - Disarm the Descent
Off With Their Heads - Home
The Strokes - Comedown Machine
Suicidal Tendencies - 13
Voivod - Target Earth

What I'm Looking Forward To (in alphabetical order)
Alice in Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
Black Sabbath - 13
Jimmy Eat World - Damage
Luicidal - TBA
Megadeth - Super Collider
Motörhead - TBA
Pennywise (with Jim Lindberg) - TBA
Queens of the Stone Age - Like Clockwork
Rancid - TBA
Sepultura - TBA
Sick of It All - TBA
The Stooges - Ready to Die
Streetlight Manifesto - The Hands That Thieve
Social Distortion - TBA
Sum 41 - TBA
Weezer - TBA

I was also hoping that Quicksand would make a new album. They were great when I saw them on their reunion tour last January at the Fonda Theatre in L.A. with Title Fight.

Tiny Vessels
04-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Streetlight Manifesto - The Hands That Thieve.

I didn't Streetlight Manifesto is putting out a cd this year. That is awesome. I am definitely going to check that out.

Mr. Punk Pirate
04-26-2013, 02:02 PM
I didn't Streetlight Manifesto is putting out a cd this year. That is awesome. I am definitely going to check that out.
Yeah, it's supposed to be out on Tuesday.

Retard
04-26-2013, 03:01 PM
What I've heard so far:
Bankrupt! by Phoenix
Mosquito by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Devotion by Jessie Ware
Free The Universe by Major Lazer
12 Reasons to Die by Ghostface Killah and Adriane Young
Abandon All Hope by Nails
Wolf by Tyler, The Creator
IV by The Bronx
Victim of Love by Charles Bradley
My Shame is True by Alkaline Trio

There's probably a couple others, but I'm forgetting them right now.

Retard
05-15-2013, 08:08 PM
This year has been pretty fucking great so far music wise. New Vampire Weekend is pretty awesome, so is the new She and Him.

cool 2 hate 681
05-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Social Distortion - TBA

lol I don't think Social Distortion will be putting out a new album this year

jacknife737
05-22-2013, 04:58 PM
I'll be surprised if Social Distortion puts out a new album before 2018.

I'm in love with the new Captain We're Sinking record "The Future is Cancelled". Very good stuff; melodic and catchy but with super depressing lyrics. Check it out if you're a fan of the Menzingers.

Off With Their Heads - "Home". Solid stuff; I think i like it more than In Desolation (a record that i was a fan of). Even the slower stuff on here seems to work.

Frank Turner - "Tape Deck Heart" This will probably be my album of the year. The production and even songwriting sound a little "cleaner" than his other stuff, but the hooks on this record are out of this world. I challenge anyone to listen to Plain Sailing Weather and not sing along with the chorus by the second listen. Frank is one of those rare artists that seems to get better (well, Love Ire and Song was better than Poetry of the Deed) with every release. Make sure you pick up the special edition version - Time Machine is a fantastic bside that should have been on the regular tracklisting.

Mr. Punk Pirate
05-22-2013, 05:31 PM
I'll be surprised if Social Distortion puts out a new album before 2018.
I probably would too as Mike Ness has been both promising and insisting that Social D wouldn't take any more longer gaps between records, even though they keep doing that.

Tori OC
05-27-2013, 01:10 PM
I love True North by Bad Religion :D

The new Paramore album is shit so I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist.

Retard
05-27-2013, 01:48 PM

Really? I haven't heard all of it, but what I've heard from it is really really good.

jacknife737
05-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Banquets - Self Titled

Pure pop punk, with some ridiculously catchy hooks: but its their lyrics that really set them apart from their peers. Worth checking out; will be in my yearly top 10.

cool 2 hate 681
05-27-2013, 05:58 PM

I have not heard new Paramore but I agree True North is awesome :)

XYlophonetreeZ
05-31-2013, 02:47 PM
It seems I'm the only one, but I'm slightly disappointed in the new album from The National. Even for a band that doesn't change up its style very much at all, this album just feels "safe," like it was tailored to get a strong review from indie critics. Half of the drums sound like they were sampled from various tracks on Boxer. I have to say it's hard not to be slightly bored by it. This coming from a guy who thought High Violet was probably their best album ever, though

"Demons," "Hard to Find," and especially "Humiliation" are all really good songs though.

Retard
06-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Really likin the new QOTSA album. It's a little slower than what I was expecting, but who gives a fuck, its reaalllyyy fucking good. Keep forgetting to order the new RETOX album. Maybe this weekend after the Fucked Up show on thursday.

Mr. Punk Pirate
06-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Really likin the new QOTSA album. It's a little slower than what I was expecting, but who gives a fuck, its reaalllyyy fucking good. Keep forgetting to order the new RETOX album. Maybe this weekend after the Fucked Up show on thursday.
I haven't checked out the new QOTSA album yet, but I just found out that it has reached #1 on the charts.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=191166

Retard
06-13-2013, 09:08 AM
That's pretty cool I guess. I've never given a shit about chart positions but if an album deserves it then awesome.

YourKing
06-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Zebrahead - Call Your Friends, will be released this august :D

Rooster
06-21-2013, 01:27 AM
I've been spinning the new Alice in Chains album a lot recently.

Now I admit, I was a bit underwhelmed by it at first. I mean, it seemed like an awesome album, but compared to Black Gives Way to Blue it didn't quite "hit" me on the first listen (but then again it's not really fair to compare it to that album, as I've probably listened to BGWTB more than any other album I remember). However, it is a grower and needs more than just a couple spins to be appreciated like it should be. It's different than Black Gives Way to Blue, but that's not a bad thing. In a way I think this has more of that classic AiC vibe than it, some songs really remind me of Dirt and even Facelift era.

Overall I may still like BGWTB just a tiny bit better, but The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here is a very strong release. Yet again, AiC failed to disappoint :)

edit: Scratch that, this rules just as hard as BGWTB. It's totally up there in terms of quality, just needed more time to grow. Damn I'm loving it...

Retard
06-21-2013, 02:22 PM
I've been kinda hung up on YEEZUS since Tuesday. It's a weird ass album, but it's good. Beats are noisy as fuck, the songs change up completely sometimes then go back to the original part again. Kanye kinda got a little lazy on the rhymes department but there are still some great lines "HURRY UP WIT MAH DAMN CROISSANTS!". It's a polarizing album for sure, but in the long run that's what makes it successful. I'm personally loving it.

jacknife737
06-21-2013, 05:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIy2wyEV0qc

Been listening to Modern Baseball's record "Sports".

Fantastic catchy, folkish stuff.

Retard
06-23-2013, 10:56 AM
That wasn't a bad song, the singers voice is kinda grating a little but nothing too bad. I haven't been to a party like that in a while though, I need to do that ASAP.

jacknife737
06-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Yeah, the nasally voice takes a bit to get used to: but they just click with me really well; i think its the lyrics.

Tiny Vessels
06-25-2013, 09:39 PM
I finally picked up Damage by Jimmy Eat World. Haven't listened to all of it yet but the tracks I have heard I'm liking it.

Retard
06-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Still wanna hear that, but I wasn't impressed at all with that first single. Picked up the new Transplants album, glad to say it was better than the last Rancid album.

E13
06-28-2013, 12:14 AM
I wanna go pick up Black Sabbath's new album 13. I've heard the prince of fucking darkness hasn't lost his magic touch.

dff_punk
06-30-2013, 08:02 AM
(video)

Been listening to Modern Baseball's record "Sports".

Fantastic catchy, folkish stuff.

There are literally two chords in that whole song. It still doesn't lose the magic, though, not bad. Just needed to point this out.

Llamas
07-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Ranking so far of all the 2013 albums I've listened to:

Tegan and Sara - Heartthrob 10/10
So good. Total change in sound for them, as it's very electronic. The only thing I don't like about it is that they tried to sing too high - out of their range - so when they do it live, it sounds bad. But they've really honed in on their craft and are writing better and better songs with each album. I love every song on the album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZHGeg_0Rlo

Hanson - Anthem - 10/10
One of their best albums to date. Different from the others, much more rock/big sound, which is great because I tend to prefer rock over the funk of the last album. Like Tegan and Sara, they develop their craft album by album. Such talented guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwk1deCmzA

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito - 10/10
Wayyyy better than the last YYY album! Much more raw, more energetic... this album is soooo catchy. This and Show Your Bones are my favorite albums of theirs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmRI3Ew4BvA

Streetlight Manifesto - The Hands that Thieve - 10/10
So I guess it hasn't actually released because of issues with the label, which is really sad... I love these guys, and I hope they find a way to release it. I don't have a favorite album by this band, as all four are of equal value to me. Such a good record.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc0gsKXC8XA

Jimmy Eat World - Damage - 9/10
Best JEW album since Bleed American. Great listen, really depressing.

30 Seconds to Mars - Love Lust Faith Dreams - 9/10
Just gave this band a listen after years of hearing about them... fucking awesome.

2Cellos - In2ition - 8/10
Love these guys - hoping to catch them this month in concert. Preferred the first album, though, as it was *just* them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTQ-QycaBmQ

Walk Off the Earth - REVO - 8/10
Really nice listen. Worth listening to their original stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bt-FHaFVH8

Goo Goo Dolls - Magnetic - 7/10
Their best in 10 years, but still kinda "meh". Still much better than the last two, though.

Puscifer - Donkey Punch the Night - 7/10
Well, it's an EP. The Bohemian Rhapsody cover makes it worth it, but otherwise it's only 3 songs.

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience - 6/10
Respect to the man for his talent, but I just can't get into this. The songs are too long and not enough happens.

Retard
07-07-2013, 08:59 PM
I just talked to jeeesus
he said whadup yeeezus?
I said I'm jus chiillliin
tryna stack dese miiillliions

jacknife737
07-14-2013, 07:01 PM
The new Against Me! and Flatliners records are probably my most anticipated of what's to come still this year.

Menzingers and Gaslight Anthem have both mentioned working on new records, but i'm not expecting those until next year.

jacknife737
07-17-2013, 03:19 PM
http://punktastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/image004.jpg

My favorite EP of the year so far.

Retard
07-17-2013, 07:05 PM
http://punktastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/image004.jpg

My favorite EP of the year so far.

Is that out now? I saw a review went to look for it and it wasn't on there yet, granted that was like a month ago.

jacknife737
07-17-2013, 07:42 PM
I just bought it on Itunes - i'm not sure if the physical record is out yet.

Retard
07-18-2013, 12:55 PM
I'll have to check it out later. It's about a month away, but I'm looking forward to this.
http://cdn.stereogum.com/files/2013/07/Earl-Sweatshirt-Doris.jpg

I've loved the three songs I've heard so far, and I'm seein him tonight. Hopefully the rest of the album is good. But there's a RZA feature on it so that song at least will be pretty awesome.

cool 2 hate 681
07-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Im looking forward to new albums from Rancid A Wilhelm Scream and Unwritten Law and I will probably listen to new AFI when it comes out

XYlophonetreeZ
07-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Make Do and Mend/Flatliners split EP? Gotta check that out.

I've never been a big Vampire Weekend fan, but their new album is significantly better than either of their first two, and "Unbelievers" is absolutely one of the best songs I've heard in years.

Retard
07-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Make Do and Mend/Flatliners split EP? Gotta check that out.

I've never been a big Vampire Weekend fan, but their new album is significantly better than either of their first two, and "Unbelievers" is absolutely one of the best songs I've heard in years.

I've loved all of their albums, but this one is probably close to being my favorite. Fucking love that album.

Ever since I heard their song on the 4 way split 7" earlier this year, and also for the fact that their name is pretty funny (in a damn that's really their name kinda way) I ordered "whenever, if ever" by The World Is A Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid To Die. I've been playing it almost daily since I received it in the mail. Total late 90's Emo worship but with some trumpet and cello thrown in for good measure. I need to smoke to this album ASAP. Going on Itunes now and ordering that Flatliners/make do and mend split right now.

Llamas
07-22-2013, 01:22 PM
The new Jay Z record is ultra disappointing. He's just coasting now... the passion and fire is gone.

I like the Daft Punk album. The single didn't give me too high of hopes, but the album itself is pretty good.

And the Fall Out Boy album isn't getting enough attention - great fun!

MOTO13
07-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Adam Ant has a new album out this year after darn near 18 years since his last CD. Check out the single Cool Zombie. I think it sounds great. So go ahead and be cool like me...you'll dig it.

Oh yeah, Jay Z is an unbelievable fucktard.

Retard
07-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Get Lucky is still probably my favorite song on that Daft Punk album. But the rest is pretty awesome. I haven't been to a record store in like a fucking month. I need to go grab some new shit ASAP.

jacknife737
07-26-2013, 08:34 PM
http://jimmyeatworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/DamageCover.jpg

Their best since Futures. I was very, very underwhelmed by their last two albums.

Mr. Punk Pirate
07-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Korn are coming back with a new album on October 1st. The album is called The Paradigm Shift and it will be their first with Brian "Head" Welch back in the band. This should be the best Korn album since either Issues or Untouchables.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=193008

Llamas
07-28-2013, 08:06 AM
Agreed on the Jimmy Eat World album - solid effort.

I gotta give major props to this album, which I can not stop listening to.
http://hasitleaked.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/208699_10151315829072823_970107830_n1.jpg

gsnguy67
07-29-2013, 09:48 PM
The new MDAM/Flatliners EP is fantastic. There's not many EP's I regularly go back to but this one may do it. I prefer the Flatliners tracks but all the songs are solid. Looking forward to their new CD in September.

My most anticipated for the rest of the year is probably Dave Hause's Devour, his second solo effort. Absolutely loved Resolutions, one of my favorite records from 2011.

Retard
08-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Resolutions was a good album, I should revisit that soon. Picked up Big D and the Kids Table's new albums the other day. Have only been able to listen to one so far but I liked that one a lot. Lets hope the other one is just as good.

Tiny Vessels
08-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Looks like AFI's new cd is coming out next month. Definitely going to get it.

Retard
08-20-2013, 11:49 AM
I liked the one song I've heard so far of the new AFI. That one I might have to hear the rest of it first before I pick up that one. Just got home and put Earl Sweatshirt's new on my itunes. Lookin forward to bumpin it in a minute.

Mr. Punk Pirate
09-15-2013, 07:41 AM
Sepultura will be releasing their new album "The Mediator Between Head and Hands Must Be the Heart" next month. I've never really been a fan of the stuff Sepultura put out after their original singer Max Cavalera left, but "The Mediator" should be their best album in years since they reunited with "Roots"-era producer Ross Robinson during the recording.

dff_punk
09-18-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm listening to F.O.D. - Ontario. A great album and a great band. It doesn't bring anything innovative to the table, it's a mix of Green Day, Bad Religion and The Descendents imho, but it sounds really fresh and offers some nice insightful lyrics. Go check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OEa2Nsc1-A

Retard
09-18-2013, 05:45 PM
The new Sundowner album is on its' way to my house in the mail along with that album by Get Dead that Fat Wreck put out. I kinda fucked up my money this paycheck so I gotta wait til like next week to grab anything else. New Sundowner is pretty rad though cuz I got a instant download for it.

Tiny Vessels
09-29-2013, 11:56 AM
I just picked up Hesitation Marks by Nine Inch Nails. It's different but still good.

jacknife737
10-04-2013, 07:02 PM
http://www.stageload.org/wp-content/img/1379747319theflatlinersdeadlanguage2.jpg

One of my favorite records of the year so far: love the midtempo stuff on here - Birds of England in particular has become one of my favorite songs from the band.

It's a grower though. On my first listen I was a bit disappointed since I loved Clavacade so much, but after a couple days it finally "clicked" with me.

Retard
10-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Gotta get this soon. Forgot all about it. My local record stores have been fucking slacking on the Fat Wreck Chords shit lately. Need that, that Chixdiggit reissue, and I think the Less Than Jake CD/reissue.

Outerspaceman21
10-07-2013, 03:23 PM
The new AWS is gonna be my highlight for this year. I don't know if I'm missing a bunch of music or this has just been a slow year for me, but I'm so glad this album is finally coming out. Can not fucking wait, November please come sooner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kjaIH3t3NE

Retard
10-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Just grabbed the new Flatliners haven't listened yet but I'm sure I'll like it. Just listened to Old by Danny Brown. Really fucking good.

coke_a_holic
10-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Hey people who are into punk music from the year 2013.

This is my band, we released our album in April and I think it's pretty dang good. Free streams and downloads from our bandcamp; great to listen to while you cookie click or whatever.

I know that I don't really post here anymore, but I think people who are into Joyce Manor, The Blood Brothers, Cursive, or Modest Mouse would be into this stuff that we are doing.

Atlas At Last - Atlas At Last (2013)

http://atlasatlast.bandcamp.com
http://i.imgur.com/gdoel84l.jpg

Anyways, here's my 10 top picks so far, in alphabetical order:

Cavern - Cavern
Charles Bradley - Victim Of Love
Clothes - s/t
Deafheaven - Sunbather
Fire! Orchestra - Exit
Kvelertak - Meir
The National - Trouble Will Find Me
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away
Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires Of The City
Volcano Choir - Repave

Still a TON to listen to, jeez. This year is great.

Outerspaceman21
10-16-2013, 08:05 PM
@coke_a_holic Sounds really good man. I like it.

I've updated my list for this year. Not as big as last year, but some of my favorites bands released/are going to music this year, so it's all good.

What I've Heard
Tyler the Creator - Wolf
Earl Sweatshirt - Doris

What I'm Looking Forward To/Haven't listened to yet
A Wilhelm Scream - Partycrashers
Future of the Left - How to Stop Your Brain In An Accident
Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman: Descension

cool 2 hate 681
10-16-2013, 09:24 PM
I just heard the new Bodyjar album It was pretty good looking forward to hearing the Bad Religion Christmas album and new Less Than Jake and A Wilhelm Scream next month

XYlophonetreeZ
10-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Coke, that's a sweet album cover. I like the Blood Brothers (obviously) so I'll check that out.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/quietus_production/images/articles/13516/Teeth_Of_The_Sea_-_Master__1380887097_crop_550x550.jpg
Teeth of the Sea - Master

This album fucking SMOKES. It's the most mind-blowing post-rock I've ever heard. It's like all of my favorite video game music put together, except I can listen to it at any time.

Dulce Maria
11-05-2013, 12:26 AM
I dunno, there aren't any more bands music to check out and buy their shit. I'm one of those fuckers that like what other fans enjoy listening, haha. So looking forward to hearing some of young the giant, the neighbourhood, muse, metallica, cky, and of course the offspring stuff in the future. #d-_-b

Retard
01-03-2014, 09:12 PM
So I might as well do this.

I'm gonna have to listen to all the albums I have again but my favorite tapes/demos whatever you wanna call them is an easy one.

1.The Spooky Action Tape by Iron Chic
2. Mob Justice (tape it's technically just their album but meh)
3. Paws 2013 tour tape.
4. Rats in the Wall Demo.
5. Twelve Reasons to Die: The Brown Tape by Ghostface Killah and Apollo Brown

EPs: No Particular Order
The Door by No Sir, I Won't
Resurrection of The Wolf by No Warning(its one new song and a 30 second cover but fucking christ after like 9 years? so fucking good!)
Turnstile Comix #2 by World/Inferno Friendship Society.
Invisible 7" by Paint it Black

cool 2 hate 681
01-03-2014, 09:27 PM
What I've Heard

I have to say this was my favorite of the year