PDA

View Full Version : Friends

Linda
10-28-2004, 12:55 PM
What is more important to you......quantity...or...quality?

Subsidal
10-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Quality. What do you want with friends who aren't loyal or stuff. Rather one real friend you can really trust your life than a view who leave you when you could need 'em

franib
10-28-2004, 01:09 PM
Definitely quality. I have eight very close friends and then other people who are normal friends but I wouldn't be without my eight closest buds. I can talk to them about anything and we have stayed just as close friends even though all but one live in another country.

Tired_Of_You
10-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Quality for sure! It's better to have only 1 friend that really cares about you, who will never let you down, someone who is really close to you than have 20 friends that are not that close to you. Friends are the people who helped me a lot in life , when everyday was getting worse, when I felt sad... Real friends helped me and it's not because they were a lot.
most of the time your can count your real friends on one hand...

the_GoDdEsS
10-28-2004, 01:15 PM
I think this is pretty pointless because anyone will say quality.
I know a lot of people but I consider only a few my real friends and I stick to those very much. I'm very picky.

dirty_magic
10-28-2004, 01:22 PM
quality for sure

wheelchairman
10-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Quantity. I'll just die if I'm not accepted.

RXP
10-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Quality.

But when you think you have a quality friend and they turn out not to be who you thought they were it's a lot worse.

[popple]
10-28-2004, 01:52 PM
Quality never lets you down.

selfrighteoussuicide
10-28-2004, 01:56 PM
definitely quality

PresidentKiller
10-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Quality.

But when you think you have a quality friend and they turn out not to be who you thought they were it's a lot worse.

Yeah... it HURTS more than anything.

I also prefer quality, but it's a rarity these days...

Btw, hey Linda, what's up?

Snoopy
10-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Qualitly is definitely more important than quantity... i'd much rather have one, two or three very close friends than dozens of shallow friendships. Quality is something i value more than quantity.
When it comes to friends, I'm picky, i've also been told that i have high standards for people... i don't like making quick friendships that are forgotten fast, besides, i'm not really an extroverted person so it takes a while before you get to know me better, before i show the real me to people... but once i call somebody my friend, when you earn my trust, then that person has a special place in my heart forever, no matter what happens.

UgLy_eLf
10-28-2004, 02:41 PM
I don't know because I don't have any friends *CRIES*......*sobs*...

wheelchairman
10-28-2004, 02:50 PM
You're all wrong. The obvious answer is quantity.

RXP
10-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Correct answer is quantity if you're that type of person cause then you get to have a laugh and not feel lonely and shit.

wheelchairman
10-28-2004, 03:01 PM
*high fives* w0rd.

I agree. Everyone who said quality is just a lonely loser.

Mota Boy
10-28-2004, 03:22 PM
']Quality never lets you down.

Actually, quality lets you down the worse.

The thing is, everyone seems to think of "quality" as "friends that will love me forever and ever and ever", but you can have a small group of terrific friends who are all torn apart by something, then you're pretty much fucked. If you choose quantity you can always move to another circle when one goes down in flames.

Of course, I think the risk is worth it.

Nina
10-28-2004, 03:24 PM
how about a LOT of good friends.
</lame>

Goki
10-28-2004, 03:29 PM
When quantity increase, quality decrease, mostly.
...or it's because when you get to know more people&become friends, you can't pay enough attention to all your friends and your friendship get weaker.

Quality is of course what I care about more.

Betty
10-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Definitely quality but there are a couple of problems.

Sometimes it's hard to stay friends with what were best friends due to circumstances (e.g. moving) and even if you do stay friends, it's hard to keep in contact as well as before. I've kept one good friend for 10 years + but the rest always change over time. After highschool they changed, and when I'm done my undergrad I'm sure I'll fall out of touch with a lot of the friends I've made at university too.

Also, when I only have a few really good friends and they're all gone/busy, it gets pretty fucking depressing sitting at home night after night (on the Offspring message board) wishing I had more acquaintance type friends so that I could go out and party or hang out.

PresidentKiller
10-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Definitely quality but there are a couple of problems.

Sometimes it's hard to stay friends with what were best friends due to circumstances (e.g. moving) and even if you do stay friends, it's hard to keep in contact as well as before. I've kept one good friend for 10 years + but the rest always change over time. After highschool they changed, and when I'm done my undergrad I'm sure I'll fall out of touch with a lot of the friends I've made at university too.

Also, when I only have a few really good friends and they're all gone/busy, it gets pretty fucking depressing sitting at home night after night (on the Offspring message board) wishing I had more acquaintance type friends so that I could go out and party or hang out.

I agree with you, but at least in your case there's a good "reason" (moving, getting busy) for your friendship to get weak. In my case, the "reasons" have been the lamest of all; the worst thing is that you realize that your friendship is weakening in the worst kind of situations. It's good to have friends, but not that close so your disappointment can be less painful. I prefer Quality, but most of the times the "Quality" sucks big time.

K Rockman Zero
10-28-2004, 08:40 PM
quality :D

eye_pennies
10-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Both are equally important.
Quality is alright because it means you can get the occasional worry of your chest but quantity is also good because you always have someone to go out and have a laugh with. Im wavering... hmmmm.

Faded Soul
10-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Quality.

I hear ya there. Been there myself.

like Tired Of You said...you need both, atleast one or two good quality friends...and the rest quantity. I've been friends with one, for a majority of my life, but we're not close. however, if either of us needed something, we'd help eachother. and I've had many through out my school years, they came and gone...many reasons..moving, lame reasons, such as fights etc.

Right now, I've got two quality friends, Linda and a friend from work. they're awesome. :)

offspringueuse
10-29-2004, 03:27 AM
quality it's obvious!!!!

Wizard*SweetRockerGirl*
10-29-2004, 04:49 AM
Linda,What about you?What do you think about your question?

badger-poker
10-29-2004, 04:56 AM
about 5 years ago, i was the most unpopular person at school (i thought atleast, the shit was below me). But 3 years ago, i was the most popular person at school (dont ask how, i dont know). Everyone wanted to be my mate. Then I came across a problem, i got a bit down, and everyone fucked off. so 2 years ago, all i had were 3 friends and my gf. My gf dumped me and my friends were retards.
Now I have a relatively large group of friends, but out of them there are 4 that stand out. They are the best people ever.

Quantity if you want a good night out with ya mates, quality for when times get rough and you need to fall back on someone!

Fallen.
10-29-2004, 05:42 AM
Actually, quality lets you down the worse.

The thing is, everyone seems to think of "quality" as "friends that will love me forever and ever and ever", but you can have a small group of terrific friends who are all torn apart by something, then you're pretty much fucked. If you choose quantity you can always move to another circle when one goes down in flames.

Of course, I think the risk is worth it.

had it happen.

friends suck.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-29-2004, 06:31 AM
I fail to see the point of this topic. People either think quality or quantity, but they're never going to put quantity for fear of looking like a shallow preppy cunt. So they're going to put quality whether they think it or not.

Linda
10-29-2004, 07:20 AM
So.......from your post...I gather your answer is quantity.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-29-2004, 07:24 AM
Nope. Quality.

See?

Rag Doll
10-29-2004, 07:50 AM
Quality.

and my message was too short so i'm writing this.

Sunny
10-29-2004, 09:59 AM
I agree with eye_pennies, both are important. Having someone who's very close to you and who you can tell pretty much everything is quite wonderful. But people change and fuck up and sometimes friendships end. And if you have many friends, you can avoid disappointment and being lonely.

and i don't give two shits if i sound like a preppy cunt.

Vera
10-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Agreed with Sunny, because what she said was very true. Sometimes you might have trouble with one friend and feel the need to turn to another.

noone
10-29-2004, 03:06 PM
quality, that is the most important of all. when you have lot of friends everything seems to be good but it is not. when you do same what lot of your "friends" do, they are your good budies. but when something in your life turns to wrong, your "friends" dont care of you anymore. but when you have true friend, i mean if he is your true friend, you can tell him all of your problems, he or she will allways help you, and allways be there if you need anything.

franib
10-29-2004, 04:25 PM
the most difficult thing is though when you want to organise a party, it's really hard. As all but one of my closest friends live in a different country, it's hard to organise. Plus not all of my closest friends know each other and they are scattered around UK so even if I did organise a get together somehwere there would be that sense of awkwardness as not everyone would know everyone and not being in a situation to meet up regularly to get to know each other it's a bit shitty.

So yes, it is nice, as Betty said, to have a group of friends locally whom you can just meet up and do stuff with.

Not Ozymandias
10-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Quantity. I'm honester.