PDA

View Full Version : My Chemical Romance broke up

bighead384
03-23-2013, 09:31 AM
They're were a pretty good band. I think they will be remembered as one of the best bands of the 2000s. Four good albums.

Llamas
03-23-2013, 09:44 AM
I really liked their second two albums (the first two I really didn't care for), caught them at a festival a couple years ago (they were good)... but I'd kind of forgotten about them. Not really particularly surprised or disappointed about this news.

Eskimo
03-23-2013, 01:10 PM
I never could stand these guys, along with Fallout Boy.

Though, admittedly, that "Teenagers" song was just genius-motherfucking-perfection. What an amazing pop-rock track, up there with t3h bestestz.

huckit
03-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Another SHIT band went right where they belong.... down the shit hole! Could not stand their "music" nor their faces.
Good riddance and fuck off:mad:

cool 2 hate 681
03-23-2013, 04:17 PM
I never could stand these guys, along with Fall out Boy.

This

also im sure they will be back in a few years

Eskimo
03-24-2013, 03:51 AM
Although, unlike you two douchenozzles, it's not 'cause they're wimpy and not trupunx enough or whatever.

I love Alkaline Trio, and they're just as emo pussytastic.

RageAndLov
03-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Danger Days sucked, Black Parade was okay, I liked their first two albums. You also have that Conventional Weapons. I have only heard a few songs off it, but those were pretty good.

But MCR was far from being one of the best bands of the 2000s.

bighead384
03-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Danger Days sucked, Black Parade was okay, I liked their first two albums. You also have that Conventional Weapons. I have only heard a few songs off it, but those were pretty good.

I think a lot of people would consider them in the top 20 best alt. rock bands of the 2000s. And even if they didn't, they were one of the most influential alt. rock bands of from around 2004 to 2008.

RageAndLov
03-24-2013, 11:44 AM
And even if they didn't, they were one of the most influential alt. rock bands of from around 2004 to 2008.

Influential to whom?

bighead384
03-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Influential to whom?

They had mainstream success and we're one of, if not the most popular 3rd generation emo band.

Llamas
03-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Huh, we have opposite opinions :P Why did you hate Danger Days? I thought it was quite good, though not as good as Black Parade.

Agreed. On a more objective level (as objective as you can get about something like this), they weren't *that* popular for more than a few years, their fame rose and fell very quickly... and they only released two albums that the mainstream really knew about. Only people out to hear all MCR music have heard the first album, and Danger Days didn't do nearly as well as the previous two.

As far as influence, I think they were as influential as any other fairly mainstream band. I definitely don't see them as being more influential than other bands of that time period with the same amount of success.

cool 2 hate 681
03-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Although, unlike you two douchenozzles, it's not 'cause they're wimpy and not trupunx enough or whatever.

I love Alkaline Trio, and they're just as emo pussytastic.

what are you even talking about? please lay off the drugs

dff_punk
03-25-2013, 08:26 PM
Whoa.. that sucks, haven't heard about them for a while, I really liked them, saw them in Slovakia during the Black Parade Tour, I never considered them emo or anything, those guys made some great and catchy tunes. Gonna check out Conventional Weapons, this is the first time I hear of it.

jacknife737
03-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Meh

I remember enjoying Three Cheers as a guilty pleasure in high school; but can't say I've paid much attention to them since then.

Outerspaceman21
04-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Shame. They were actually a pretty good band. The Black Parade is a really good album. Danger Days was alright, but from time to time I will play "Na Na Na" while i'm on a delivery. They had a knack for really high energy singalongs