PDA

View Full Version : So Mr.Bush is meeting Mr.Putin in Slovakia

the_GoDdEsS
02-21-2005, 10:37 AM
...this Thursday. This country's gonna be upside down.
Some people I know are thinking of dressing up like Usama and go out into the streets. Ha.

Izie
02-21-2005, 10:53 AM
The Belgians are making a big deal out of Mr. Bush coming here... They were handing out some flyers today, but I ignored them.

When he's gone, everyone's gonna forget about it anyway.

wheelchairman
02-21-2005, 10:56 AM
He's not coming here. And we do everything he says. not fair. :mad:

Jesus
02-21-2005, 11:00 AM
The Belgians are making a big deal out of Mr. Bush coming here... They were handing out some flyers today, but I ignored them.

They were? didn't see it

The young social-dems had stickers in toilets; cartoon of Bush + text "give piss a chance". Creativity has no boudaries.

Izie
02-21-2005, 11:05 AM
They were? didn't see it

The young social-dems had stickers in toilets; cartoon of Bush + text "give piss a chance". Creativity has no boudaries.

Those were the ones we avoided dear... I saw "Bush" on it and avoided it, dunno why you did :p

Jesus
02-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Those were the ones we avoided dear... I saw "Bush" on it and avoided it, dunno why you did :p

Ow the dude with palestinian scarf? w00t ah well, they're commies anyway ; )

the_GoDdEsS
02-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Jesus, this costs us millions already. And they're moving all garbage cans away and basically freaking out. I wanted to go to Bratislava this week but I figured I'd better stay home and avoid that chaos.

Jesus
02-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Jesus,
that's me!

this costs us millions already. And they're moving all garbage cans away and basically freaking out. I wanted to go to Bratislava this week but I figured I'd better stay home and avoid that chaos.

Well you only have him for one day, we for 3 *yay*. Security costs were the same as for European summits, 2500 cops and some roads extra roads are blocked apparently.

What's the point of removing garbage cans? : o

the_GoDdEsS
02-21-2005, 12:09 PM
What's the point of removing garbage cans? : o

Apparently so that no terrorists come over and put bombs in there. *shrugs*

Nina
02-21-2005, 12:12 PM
he is coming to my city.
and the fucking buses WONT DRIVE.
because of HIM.
....yeah.
i'm a little pissed. obviously.

Izie
02-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Apparently so that no terrorists come over and put bombs in there. *shrugs*

Brains. No, seriously, brains.

HornyPope
02-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Nowdays a protest accompanies every major summit. You should have seen the G8 summit in Quebec City and Geneva. Crazy.

akira
02-22-2005, 05:21 AM
He was in Paris last night ... and our president was licking his bum to get back France's status toward America ...
Pathetic :(

Noodles is gay
02-22-2005, 09:19 AM
He was in Paris last night ... and our president was licking his bum to get back France's status toward America ...
Pathetic :(

I'm glad that no other countries would even dream of degrading themselves to that level! :(

Oh how i loathe the pure stupidity [sometimes] of politics...

Vera
02-22-2005, 11:08 AM
I don't really understand what people expect from him. Would it be better if he didn't make an effort to warm up relations with European countries? I don't like him as a politician, I disagree with a lot of things, but I still think these visits are in order. Being friends with America doesn't mean marching to America's whistle. While EU certainly isn't a superpower like USA, it definitely has some say in international politics.

Anyway, yeah, our president gets to make a one minute speech. In a 90 minute ceremony that consists of speeches by others, as well. I'm sure that'll be remembrable. Bush'll be like, "Who was the redhaired bitch?" and some assistant will go, "President of Finland, sir" and he'll go, "Ahh, next to South-Dakota, right?"

*sigh*

wheelchairman
02-22-2005, 01:54 PM
I don't really understand what people expect from him. Would it be better if he didn't make an effort to warm up relations with European countries? I don't like him as a politician, I disagree with a lot of things, but I still think these visits are in order. Being friends with America doesn't mean marching to America's whistle. While EU certainly isn't a superpower like USA, it definitely has some say in international politics.

I agree with what you're saying. I think what people object to, is that they don't want their countries to have relations with the US. for the past 4 years Bush has lead an anti-people interior/foreign policy, and has the blood of hundreds of thousands on his hands, people, quite rightly, don't want to associate with him. But then again, I've just come from a Party-Meeting where I drank a lot of coffee and now I'm kinda pissed off about a whole lot of things.

SicN Twisted
02-22-2005, 10:38 PM
I don't think Europe's disdain for Bush is a moral issue. It's not like Europeans have a culture of peace and tranquility. Jacques Chirac can't exactly say " You're a warmonger, and we French have proved our peaceloving tendencies by our noble before in Africa, so we want nothing to do with you."

RXP
02-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Bush ain't nothing. Will Smith came to Birmingham yesterday and he got the main road in Bham shut down causing chaos. Will Smith > G.W Bush.

akira
02-23-2005, 06:29 AM
In the end I think that Will Smith uses more his brain than W ... :D

Being friends with America doesn't mean marching to America's whistle.
... to us it means that ... because their attitude is more like "Join us or die" ...

You're a warmonger, and we French have proved our peaceloving tendencies by our noble before in Africa, so we want nothing to do with you.
Yeh, France did a lot of bullshit in it's colonies ... in Algeria, it was kinda like in Abu Graïb but it was 45 years ago ... now they're trying to be clean with it. Even if in "Côte d'Ivoire" (Ivory Coast ?), things are still fucked up.