PDA

View Full Version : tales of the offspring live

bouncingcoles
02-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Iv seen offspring live 2 times. and both times were seriosly the most important and amazing moments in my life since offspring have really changed my life. both shows were incredible. both were my favorite shows of all time.

if you have seen offspring live, how did you like it? did you meet them? what happened? how did it compare to other concerts you have been to?

Jojan
02-21-2005, 11:38 PM
I would say I saw Offspring on my first REAL concert. It was amazing. Evev though I didn't know all the song I enjoyed it.

akira
02-22-2005, 05:39 AM
I saw one concert of The Offspring ... in Lyon last year ... it wasn't at all my first big concert (the first one was KoRn in Paris '02), I liked it, the crowd was allright, the guys were funny ... they played better than I expected. But it was too fucking short. And -you may say I'm a dreamer (but I'm not the only one :D)- I would have liked a "Pay the man" to smoke and relax and a "Dirty Magic" or "Nothing from something" ...
Anyway, I liked it, it wasn't the one I prefered (>NOFX @ Deconstruction Tour 2003 in France), but it's one of the main shows in my life.

Titus
02-22-2005, 05:51 AM
I saw offspring´s concert last year (October 21), WAS THE BEST DAY IN MY LIFE, i didn t sleep all week, and i used to dream about that day every nite.
Was a gr8 concert

HMSPresident
02-22-2005, 11:01 AM
The best time I saw the band was at their "super-secret, invite-only" show to promote Splinter, aboard HMS President on the Thames.

Was fantastic, tiny venue, only 100 people, yet I could stand comfortably at the front of the stage...

PLUS I got a cool plectrum with the Co1 flaming skull on it...

We waited in the bar on board the boat, but got kicked off by security, as "the band want a drink"... I was pretty fucked off at that, as it was obvious that some people were staying...

So I waited outside the boat for a while (being a boat, there was only one entrance/exit), but the security guards came out and said they were going home because the band were having a session inside...

Iddy
02-22-2005, 11:52 AM
i almost got hit by a can of beer that noodles threw... it just skimmed past my left ear

Tijs
02-22-2005, 01:14 PM
The best time I saw the band was at their "super-secret, invite-only" show to promote Splinter
How does that work? I mean, promoting an album in secret?

offspringjon
02-22-2005, 01:28 PM
I heard about that gig. I even got the e-mail inviting me to it. but my mum didn't let me go. I was so pissed off.

HMSPresident
02-22-2005, 01:28 PM
How does that work? I mean, promoting an album in secret?

I dunno... They did tell magazines about it etc as it was being hyped as the first time you could hear Splinter in the UK, but it was invite-only, so you couldn't just buy tickets and get in.

Something I forgot to mention earlier, I pinched a lovely big poster of the album cover... much better than the ones they were giving out downstairs...

HMSPresident
02-22-2005, 01:30 PM
I heard about that gig. I even got the e-mail inviting me to it. but my mum didn't let me go. I was so pissed off.

Gutted... I had to go into work and book the next day off so I could go!

Aimeht
02-22-2005, 01:33 PM
I've been to The Offspring concerts three times, and I did love them all. First time was a cuple of years ago, and it was great! Second time was the best, couse I have never been so nervous in my entire life before. Just because of seeing them live again. Last time was great also, but it was kinda hard koncentrate on the music cause the people around went crazy and you just had to koncentrate to not fall. Anyway, I hope to see them live again and again!

Tired_Of_You
02-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Short story : Amazing show, they played a lot of songs and it was in a little place, so I was in the front =) After the show, I met them, talked to them and they signed my ticket and my Splinter booklet.

For the long story, you have to go on the tour archives of this site and my journal is there (Valerie). May 25, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. If someone wants to see it and is too lazy, I'll post it here.

acgc2002
02-22-2005, 02:39 PM
oh, they are my very favorite band and I went to see them 3 times in Rio de janeiro. (I went to all the 3 concerts they ever gave in Rio!!!)
:D
Unfortunately I didn´t meet them up... I just saw their show. But it would be such an amazing thing if I could ever talk to them, get an autograph and take some pics!!!
Oh well... this is just a dream... let us come back to real life!

leo3375
02-22-2005, 03:14 PM
I have some tour journals posted on the main page. They're for the following dates:

October 11, 1997
December 1, 1998
May 30, 1999

I may need to resubmit my entries for November 29, 2000, and May 11, 2004.

Basically, long story short: Seen 'em 5 times. Met 'em 5 times.

Tony
02-22-2005, 03:36 PM
i saw them 3 times, and the first was the best, it was Paris Bercy 2001, the band was really great, and the crowd was insane. Then i saw them at the stade de france in Paris too, they came for the first part of ACDC (but me & my friend were there to see Offspring), the band played, but there were no light effects like a few months ago in bercy, and ACDC's fans didn't show a lot of enthusiasm (too old maybe...), we had a fuckin great time anyway,... I don't like ACDC that much but light effects and explosion were incredible. And this year i came in Douai, they made a great show, a good energy on stage, they made the audience go crazy, they didn't interact a lot with us but, there are no interest into speaking with a crowd that don't know a word in english :D

Embodude2004
02-22-2005, 03:53 PM
i went to the concert in detroit. I didnt meet them. The opening bands were some chick band from england they were good but auf da mour (or how ever the fuck you spell there band) sucked soooooooooooooooo badly. I wanted to rip my ears off. It took like 1 hour to set up there shit. But it was worth it because they kicked ass. I was so exited i was singing along and shaking the whole time i was so exited.

Mariachi_pinguin
06-28-2005, 11:13 PM
hey, if you guys have noticed, during live shows, they got this crazy, almost overly-hyper man who kinda resembles dexter running around and singing backup vocals? who the fuck is that??

Tired_Of_You
06-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Chris Higgins (or X-13).

Ronin
06-29-2005, 12:01 AM
saw em on sunday for the first time... after like 11 years of not seeing them lol

i made a post here about it the other day. awesome just doesnt begin to describe it. i couldnt sleep at all the nite before :eek:

their onstage presence is soooooooo strong, it energizes you yet leaves you speachless in hindsight. its really something :)

Amazed
06-29-2005, 06:08 AM
I've never been to a concert :/ I've downloaded some live versions, but the sound is bad. I wanna see them live! My sister's boyfriend keeps telling me they suck live (he saw them when he was 8), and it pisses me off... :mad:

offspringjon
06-29-2005, 06:27 AM
My sister's boyfriend keeps telling me they suck live (he saw them when he was 8), and it pisses me off... :mad:
He is SO wrong. When I first saw them i'm thought they were amazing, but i was in seating so i couldn't really jump up and down etc. BUT when I saw them at Reading last year they were INCREDIBLE. I was near the front and almost got killed due to heavy crushing and moshing. Great fun though

Amazed
06-29-2005, 06:36 AM
oh.. lucky you.. but I gotta ask you something. did you think dexter's singing was good? 'cause when I listened to some live versions fråm Bercy 2004 he sounded weird :-s Maybe he just had a bad day? :confused:

offspringjon
06-29-2005, 06:43 AM
Yeah he sounded amazing. Maybe he was having an off day on the recording you got.

Amazed
06-29-2005, 08:45 AM
hm.. I listened to What happened to you from the same show, and it sounded like he had cold or something. That might be the answer. ;)