PDA

View Full Version : Offspring and greenday facts

noodlesdec25
02-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Well....Offspring was before green day, Offspring have sold more copies than green day, musically offspring are MUCH beter than green day, Lyrically offspring Fucks green day, Offspring have made biggest hits than green day(I live in a country that This kind of music is not very poppular so i can tell you everyone knows come out and play and even more pretty fly, but not everybody knows green day or basket case), Offspring is real punk rock, green day isnt but they say they are.

In conclusion green day is better than THE OFFSPRING na?

ReDeAdOf89
02-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Are you saying that because its true or are you saying it just because you are on an Offspring website?

noodlesdec25
02-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Are you saying that because its true or are you saying it just because you are on an Offspring website?

Its true..........

ReDeAdOf89
02-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Its true..........

alright because i hope youre not one of those that just say good things about a particular band because youre on there website

FatBoy
02-23-2005, 11:23 AM
they are both good, why does everything have to be a competition?

gradeA
02-23-2005, 11:24 AM
because life is a big competition.
and greenday sucks

ReDeAdOf89
02-23-2005, 11:24 AM

yeah what he said

noodlesdec25
02-23-2005, 11:25 AM
and greenday sucks

You got my message!

RonWelty
02-23-2005, 11:35 AM
You got my message!
yeah u īre right !

offspringintenselyrock
02-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Yeah thats true. And "Will somebody please think of the children!!" (if you watch simpsons, you know what I'm talking about!) Anyway, why can't people just accept that people like different stuff to them? We don't all have to like the same thing!

noodlesdec25
02-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Yeah thats true. And "Will somebody please think of the children!!" (if you watch simpsons, you know what I'm talking about!) Anyway, why can't people just accept that people like different stuff to them? We don't all have to like the same thing!

Yeah thats true, thats why there are different religions, politics and music.....and if i think offspring rules and green day suck i can say it(freedom of spech) and if some jerks come to this forum to say green day is better than the offspring i will argew them cause we dont like the same things

gradeA
02-23-2005, 11:46 AM
people can like different things.
BUT LOOK AT THE FACTS
why do you think this thread was made?

offspringintenselyrock
02-23-2005, 11:49 AM
True you can say that Greenday suck, but it's not very nice...whatever but I don't like people saying that my music is crap, so don't say that their's is crap. I try to say that their music is good...but I don't like it. I know it's hard though-especially if it's forced on you. I hate that...

stathis21
02-23-2005, 11:49 AM
GREEN DAY SUCKS!!!!!!!!

gradeA
02-23-2005, 11:51 AM
the world is not a nice place, buddy

i can diss others' music all i feel like, because i am confident in the reasons i have to like the music like. and i will argue the point, because i know i am right.

offspringintenselyrock
02-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Well I'm glad you got that out of your system.

offspringintenselyrock
02-23-2005, 11:52 AM
the world is not a nice place, buddy

i can diss others' music all i feel like, because i am confident in the reasons i have to like the music like. and i will argue the point, because i know i am right.

Yeah..there are a lot of reasons why rock is better than pop, like the whole necessity(sp?) for lyrics with most rock, but people don't like to think they're wrong.

gradeA
02-23-2005, 11:53 AM
indeed. the same is true with rap and shit.

CommonRider
02-23-2005, 11:55 AM
I love green day but they are kind of wannabe punk rockers, I mean how can you call Basket Case punk rock and also call The Meaning of Life punk rock? You cant, Green Day sounds more like Blink and NFG (pop punk) than punk. Green Day's CDs and songs also almost all sound the same, up until SPlinter the Offspring had progressed their sound nicley. And yeah lyrics wise Green Day cant hold a candle to the Offspring.

HOWEVER American Idiot is a way better CD than Splinter.

gradeA
02-23-2005, 11:57 AM
that's bullshit.
splinter knocks the socks off of anything greenday could come up with.

offspringintenselyrock
It's good that you managed to see both sides of the arguement. I can't choose between those albulms! I can't compare Offspring to Greenday. It just doesn't happen.

stathis21
american idiot is less rock than splinter!

offspringintenselyrock
02-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Maybe...maybe it's just a different type of rock. A different style.

gradeA
02-23-2005, 12:01 PM
poser-punk-rock

stathis21
02-23-2005, 12:01 PM
indeed. the same is true with rap and shit.
i agree!!!nowdays nobody cares about realy good music or about lyrics!
most of people like to listen to rap,pop and other shit like that!!!!

gradeA
02-23-2005, 12:03 PM
a lot of fags in my area like country also.
country has the shittiest lyrics.

offspringintenselyrock
02-23-2005, 12:05 PM

I suppose it deprends on what you look for in music- pop is mainly for the sound of it,(yes, the sound of it) and the way people look it seems, and rap....erm....I think that's for the beat, and the rhythm that the words make.

One thing that annoys me about pop is that only the vocalist gets the credit for the music- none of the drummers etc even gets a mention.

stathis21
02-23-2005, 12:06 PM
here in Greece,we have the same problem also!!!

offspringintenselyrock
02-23-2005, 12:07 PM
I haven't really heard much country- it's not a popular thing around here so it's not on the radio, and I don't go to an effort to hear it like rock. I've heard some though, and I don't like it.

Naz
02-23-2005, 12:09 PM
I love Green Day, but I have the respect not to spam this board about them! :)

FatBoy
02-23-2005, 12:11 PM
isn't it good to have a lot of varieties of punk though? music would suck if every band sounded the same.

stathis21
02-23-2005, 12:13 PM
I suppose it deprends on what you look for in music- pop is mainly for the sound of it,(yes, the sound of it) and the way people look it seems, and rap....erm....I think that's for the beat, and the rhythm that the words make.

One thing that annoys me about pop is that only the vocalist gets the credit for the music- none of the drummers etc even gets a mention.

pop artists cares only about money and not for the music!!

offspringintenselyrock
02-23-2005, 12:13 PM
I love Green Day, but I have the respect not to spam this board about them! :)
Good for you :)

offspringintenselyrock
02-23-2005, 12:14 PM
isn't it good to have a lot of varieties of punk though? music would suck if every band sounded the same.
Yeah that'd get really boring.

offspringintenselyrock
02-23-2005, 12:14 PM
pop artists cares only about money and not for the music!!
That's another thing on the list. *tick*

original_psycho
02-23-2005, 12:17 PM
I love Green Day. Not more than The Offspring, not less, equally. Yes, Green Day haters, hate me!

offspringintenselyrock
02-23-2005, 12:21 PM
I love Green Day. Not more than The Offspring, not less, equally. Yes, Green Day haters, hate me!
Yeah that just about sums it up for me too. :)

FatBoy
02-23-2005, 12:22 PM

yeah me too but i would add blink in there

Jimbob2005
02-23-2005, 12:50 PM
yeah me too but i would add blink in there
yea greenday r good but not as good as the offspring. personally i find blink 182 crap, but there u go

CreaturesInside
02-23-2005, 04:42 PM
I have a hard time believing these facts. It is true that The Offspring have been around MUCH longer.

But I have a hard time believing that Green Day aren't as well known. I don't think the offspring have ever won a grammy, or been nominated. I'm not saying the offspring suck... the offspring rock harder than anything.

Just because one band rocks doesn't mean another band can rock just as hard. I love green day. Dookie is a classic album, just like smash. American Idiot is a really well crafted, beautiful sounding album that flows really well.

Lyrically both bands have high points and low points. Pretty Fly isn't exactly Dexter's best, but then Green Day has songs that don't have very good lyrics- just listen to Insomniac.

I just feel like this whole thing is really stupid. And I'm one of those people that don't understand why there's such a huge competition between the bands. They're both talented in their own way. And when you really think about it... the only difference between the bands is that the offspring are much heavier, green day are alot more poppier.

bad gal
02-23-2005, 04:46 PM
and greenday sucks

Green Day doesn't completely suck... I mean, you can listen to them and that... but The Offspring rocks! :D

BuddyHolly
02-23-2005, 05:02 PM
the albums until Nimrod are okay (espacially Kerplunk and Insomniac). But Warning and American Idiot DO suck.

bd007h
02-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Smash > Dookie
but
Splinter < American Idiot

but overall:

The Offspring shits all over Green Day, even though Green Day is pretty good.

Offspring_01
02-23-2005, 05:53 PM

People just listen to what is popular. What they see on TV or hear on the radio all the time. Rap and pop are all over the radio and TV these days, so thats what people listen to. If The Offspring were more commercialized, they would be quite popular with everybody. Everybody would listen to them, guaranteed. Thats why Green Day is so popular, they are always on TV or the Radio (in my opinion). I think The Offspring are a better band overall. Green Day is a good band, but The Offspring are far more talented in every aspect.

About the original topic, I think its stupid to go and spam another board just to get back at some dirty little douche bag that did it to this site. Be the more mature one and ignore it. Read my signature, it helps.(the first part)
*I put the second paragraph in the wrong thread, I was thinking of the one about spamming Greendays forum. Just forget about the last part or think about that thread when you are reading the last paragraph* SORRY :D

BuddyHolly
02-23-2005, 05:55 PM
The Offspring > Smoothed Out Slappy Hour
Ignitionn > Kerplunk
Smash > Dookie
Ixnay > Insomniac
Americana > Nimrod
CO1 > Warning

Offspring_01
02-23-2005, 05:59 PM
The Offspring > Smoothed Out Slappy Hour
Ignitionn > Kerplunk
Smash > Dookie
Ixnay > Insomniac
Americana > Nimrod
CO1 > Warning

I agree with everything except Splinter and American Idiot. In my opinion Splinter is a great album and is much better than American Idiot. Splinter may be short but it has some pretty powerful songs on it.

BuddyHolly
02-23-2005, 06:00 PM
i didn't want to say what album i think is better, only wich album sold more copies...

Offspring_01
02-23-2005, 06:09 PM
i didn't want to say what album i think is better, only wich album sold more copies...

Makes sense. :D

nickspring-82
02-24-2005, 07:33 AM
hah, its my view anybody on here that thinks greenday arent as much poser as GC are kinda fucked up fans of the offspring, blink182 are far less poser than GD.....( for the person who said blink was in the same field as NFG........lol do your facts, blink has been around in the spotlight almost as long as green day, and has more diversity than GD) having said that, offspring kicks all punk, punk/rock/pop-punk bands as far as non poser, and this is summed up by this one statement ..... long standing consistant success

offspringintenselyrock
02-24-2005, 10:05 AM
It took me a really long time to work your message out...but I don't think Good Charlotte are posers. If you see their lyrics for some of their songs, they reveal loads about their childhood. The truth. They're not afraid to tell everyone that they were bullied etc, they don't pretend to be 'hard' people who don't give a fuck about anything. I think they let their fans inside more than most bands, they don't front all the time. So in my opinion they aren't posers.

Revolver-2005?
02-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Greenday has very few decent songs that i like. Offspring has much more diversity id say in their music. Greenday kind of just follows the flow of what everyone else is doing, instead of being individual. American Idiot was more popular than Splinter because lots of people were into the whole I hate America thing, not the I'm afraid of Da Hui thing or w/e. Offspring beats Greenday in every damn way shape and form.

offspringintenselyrock
02-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Greenday has very few decent songs that i like. Offspring has much more diversity id say in their music. Greenday kind of just follows the flow of what everyone else is doing, instead of being individual. American Idiot was more popular than Splinter because lots of people were into the whole I hate America thing, not the I'm afraid of Da Hui thing or w/e. Offspring beats Greenday in every damn way shape and form.

What does w/e stand for? I hate working them out!(sorry, but it would take me ages) And who does Greenday follow the flow of?

Jimbob2005
02-24-2005, 02:10 PM
I have a hard time believing these facts. It is true that The Offspring have been around MUCH longer.

But I have a hard time believing that Green Day aren't as well known. I don't think the offspring have ever won a grammy, or been nominated. I'm not saying the offspring suck... the offspring rock harder than anything.

Just because one band rocks doesn't mean another band can rock just as hard. I love green day. Dookie is a classic album, just like smash. American Idiot is a really well crafted, beautiful sounding album that flows really well.

Lyrically both bands have high points and low points. Pretty Fly isn't exactly Dexter's best, but then Green Day has songs that don't have very good lyrics- just listen to Insomniac.

I just feel like this whole thing is really stupid. And I'm one of those people that don't understand why there's such a huge competition between the bands. They're both talented in their own way. And when you really think about it... the only difference between the bands is that the offspring are much heavier, green day are alot more poppier.

yea they need tellin...personally the offspring r better but thats an opinion

CreaturesInside
02-28-2005, 08:39 PM

Yeah... um... who does Green Day follow? If i'm not mistaken, most of the "punk" bands out there are following what Green Day did.

I have another point I would like to add. Have you ever realyzed that The Offspring and Green Day actually sound nothing alike? Which raises the question... WHY ARE WE HAVING THIS ARGUMENT IN THE FIRST PLACE!? If niether band sounds the same, then we should drop the comparisons. I mean, if you want to do a comparison... compare The Offspring to Bad Religion or Pennywise or Guttermouth.

That is all... for now.

ninth
02-28-2005, 09:01 PM
This has been a rather nice preteen dick suck thread.

Toxic Speed Bump
03-01-2005, 05:44 AM
Green Day are still good though. I like them the same.

dexterisMYman
03-01-2005, 07:28 AM
and greenday sucks
I like that one!! Green Day has change since Kerplunk and Dookie. Warning and American Idiot both suck. But i do have one thing to say about Billy Joe his wifes not fat ne more.

Striker
03-01-2005, 09:52 AM

Oh god...American Idiot sucks.
I doubt if the singles 'American Idiot' and 'BOBD' are better than 'the noose' or 'cgmhay', even 'lightning rod' on Splinter.
And I don't think that Green day and Offspring belong to the same category.

dexterisMYman
03-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Oh god...American Idiot sucks.
I doubt if the singles 'American Idiot' and 'BOBD' are better than 'the noose' or 'cgmhay', even 'lightning rod' on Splinter.
And I don't think that Green day and Offspring belong to the same category.i agree with you. But Splinter in my mind wasn't a great album but way better then AI

offy
03-01-2005, 12:32 PM
I also think that The Offspring is better, but I think that Green Day has as many fans as The Offspring, don't you think? ANd it would be unfair to say that they were worse.
By the way - I can't think the last time Offspring released a song that was played as often as boulevard of broken dreams on tv...Pretty Fly perhaps.

Trip Boy
03-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Offspring is way better.

dexterisMYman
03-01-2005, 01:09 PM
i agree
10 characters

Trip Boy
03-01-2005, 01:11 PM
I bet you do.

Jack the Tripper
03-01-2005, 03:39 PM
and greenday sucks
and Greenday should never win

Noodles is gay
03-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Offspring and greenday facts

the offspring = good

green day = bad

done.

dirtybird
03-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Greenday - Good

Offspring - Better

mrconeman
03-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Well....Offspring was before green day, Offspring have sold more copies than green day, musically offspring are MUCH beter than green day, Lyrically offspring Fucks green day, Offspring have made biggest hits than green day(I live in a country that This kind of music is not very poppular so i can tell you everyone knows come out and play and even more pretty fly, but not everybody knows green day or basket case), Offspring is real punk rock, green day isnt but they say they are.

You are an elitist idiot,

Ill tackle all of your points head on here shall I?

Offspring was before Greenday? you dont know that, maybe an album was released first but Greenday may have formed first, what difference does it make anyway?

Offspring have sold more copies than green day, so they have a bigger fan base, this means nothing

musically offspring are MUCH beter than green day, thats your opinion not fact like the title says, IDIOT

Lyrically offspring Fucks green day, your opinion again IDIOT

Offspring have made biggest hits than green day(I live in a country that This kind of music is not very poppular so i can tell you everyone knows come out and play and even more pretty fly, but not everybody knows green day or basket case) , this may be for your country, how the hell do you know what its like everywere else?, IDIOT

Offspring is real punk rock, green day isnt but they say they are., now this is the big one, what exacly is punk rock?, to some its a hair style, to some its a music genre, to some its telling 'the man' to go fuck himself, but any of the three ways its your opinion yet again, IDIOT

Now Offspring and Greenday have been my favourite band for years, and all of this rivalry bullshit is just anoying me from offspring fans and greenday fans alike, they are both music bands with different music styles, and untill the day I actualy see or hear them talk about each other Il say all the rivalry is bullshit so every please just fucking stop with it

BuddyHolly
03-01-2005, 04:04 PM
http://www.lowlandsteam.com/phpbb/images/smiles/eusa_clap.gif

ninth
03-01-2005, 06:34 PM
whats that, you like to suck a dick.
That was the most incredibly clever retort ever.

dgnanashi
03-03-2005, 02:24 PM
and greenday sucks

No way. Green Day kicks ass!!! Haven't you heard Longview?

dirtybird
03-03-2005, 07:24 PM
No way. Green Day kicks ass!!! Haven't you heard Longview?

Dude.. shut the fuck up. Let this thread die, along with all the other Greenday thread. Please.

Jack the Tripper
03-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Congradulations on your gay thread!

dirtybird
03-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Congradulations on your gay thread!

Where's the picture?

And congraTulations**

Jimbob2005
03-04-2005, 01:31 PM
You are an elitist idiot,

Ill tackle all of your points head on here shall I?

Offspring was before Greenday? you dont know that, maybe an album was released first but Greenday may have formed first, what difference does it make anyway?

Offspring have sold more copies than green day, so they have a bigger fan base, this means nothing

musically offspring are MUCH beter than green day, thats your opinion not fact like the title says, IDIOT

Lyrically offspring Fucks green day, your opinion again IDIOT

Offspring have made biggest hits than green day(I live in a country that This kind of music is not very poppular so i can tell you everyone knows come out and play and even more pretty fly, but not everybody knows green day or basket case) , this may be for your country, how the hell do you know what its like everywere else?, IDIOT

Offspring is real punk rock, green day isnt but they say they are., now this is the big one, what exacly is punk rock?, to some its a hair style, to some its a music genre, to some its telling 'the man' to go fuck himself, but any of the three ways its your opinion yet again, IDIOT

Now Offspring and Greenday have been my favourite band for years, and all of this rivalry bullshit is just anoying me from offspring fans and greenday fans alike, they are both music bands with different music styles, and untill the day I actualy see or hear them talk about each other Il say all the rivalry is bullshit so every please just fucking stop with it

Personally, i like both bands but the offspring r better end of

Naz
03-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Argh stop bringing up old threads from ages ago!

Skate Rat 19
03-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Its all a matter of opinion, but as for lyrics you definnatly right, splinter blew me away.

foxy
03-04-2005, 04:02 PM
both bands rule but offspring is still #1 :D

+Dexter+
04-01-2005, 09:47 AM
foxy wat is that pic u hav, slice of bread? toast?

the SON of the SUN
04-01-2005, 09:50 AM
i think both of them so good but quality is clear OFFSPRİNG!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimbob2005
04-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Argh stop bringing up old threads from ages ago!
yea - fuck this crap!!!

UCF_Lightning
04-01-2005, 06:41 PM
being a huge fan of both artists and taking a look at each individual album

39 Smooth = offspring s/t
ignition < kerplunk (really enjoy kerplunk actually)
dookie = smash (both outstanding albums)
ixnay > insomniac (didn't really care for insom)
americana > nimrod (americana's one of my favs, nimrod's just bleh)
conspiracy = warning (loved CO1, and GreenDay really tried something new with warning, not many people liked it because it was different but it was good stuff)
splinter < american idiot (can't even compare the two, although I did really like Hit That, Race Against Myself, Can't Get My Head Around You, and Spare Me. Green Day's American Idiot is really by far the best album out of the group, they really hit on all cylinders and just produced a exceptional album.

So in my opinion, and yes most of you may not agree with it, offspring and green day are both quality artists. If I had to give one of them the edge I would say I liked more of the offsprings material than green day, but if you havent listened to all the green day albums you might want to check out warning, american idiot, and kerplunk. In any case two damn good bands!

billiejoe87_greenday
04-01-2005, 08:39 PM

I agree. Why do idiots feel that they have to make threads explaining why a band sucks. I'll like whatever the fuck i want, thankyou very much.

Sinister
04-01-2005, 09:37 PM
offspring rules, theyre the best music ever, but that doesnt mean the rest sucks. only that The Offspring is a lil bit above everything else.

punk_riOt
05-18-2005, 06:13 PM

do you realise all of the above is BULLSHIT? fucking idiot.

nameless
05-18-2005, 06:28 PM
green day had their breakthrough on a major label! thats one thing offspring will always have over them!

LordOfdEAthAndTime
05-18-2005, 06:31 PM

Go fuck your ball headed grandma! nobody cared about that?! Green Day is million billion trillion quadillion Quinllion better than The Offsprings...

0r4ng3
05-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Go fuck your ball headed grandma! nobody cared about that?! Green Day is million billion trillion quadillion Quinllion better than The Offsprings...
Congratulations, you've ruined a perfectly good thread.

Anyway, I prefer The Offspring because they are actually punk. Green Day is some kind of pop-punk. I also think that American Idiot and Splinter are just about the same, neither is better. I like Holiday as much as Da Hui, Boulevard of Broken Dreams as much as Race Against Myself, American Idiot (song) as much as The Noose, you get my idea.

I almost forgot: Dookie is overrated.

Camilamazed
05-18-2005, 07:57 PM
No threads can make me so unhappy like this one....... I fucking hate comparrisons between Greenday and Offspring....... :(