PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Bass dose Greg K. use.

skateboy5000
02-23-2005, 11:26 AM
What kind of Bass dose Greg K. use. :confused: What kind of Bass dose Greg K. use.

XtouchedxmyxsoulX
03-01-2005, 07:37 PM
he does use ibanezes

coke_a_holic
03-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Wow how specific :rolleyes:

SkunkIt
03-01-2005, 08:15 PM
EQUIPMENT:
Ibanez ATK Bass (2)
DR 105 Medium Strings
Gallien-Krueger 2000 RB Bass Head
Mesa Boogie 2x15 Cabinet
Mesa Boogie 4x10 Cabinet
Furman PL-8 Power Converter
Sabine RT-1601 Rack Tuner
Whirlwind Line Selector
Sony Wireless System

Price Paid: 350 (POUNDS (sterling))
Purchased from: N/A
NEVADA MUSIC ( ibanezguitars.co.uk )

Features: 10

24 frets, 5 strings, white maple fingerboard,trans-blue finish, string thru body , active EQ , 5 way pickup selector....The ultimate tone Machine! what else do u need in a bass,
you have a 5 way pickup selector and a boost/cut treble,bass and mid knobs and of course a volume knob, the pickups are a humbucker with a split coil summing it up to a hybrid triple coil pickup and to lift the trebles out of this bass there is also a single coil J pickup in the neck possition, giving this bass the Jazzman style configuration..
YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED! deffinatley a 10

Sound: 8
there are hundreds of different tone configurations possible on this bass , using the pickup selector and the activte EQ, u can reach into any style of music, Jazz, Punk, Rock, u can just dial in your tone and play away........ but most of all FUNK, most of the tones of this bass represent FLEA from the Chili Peppers, all thought it is very hard to find the right tone at fist, but after alot of tweaking i finally got a good round tone, and i would say only two of the pickup selector options work with what i play, so i will give soud
an 8 because it takes a while to get a favorite tone out of this bass

Action, Fit, & Finish: 7
the finish of the bass is quite nice, Transparent Blue, i would pick that anyday over the sunburst, but the colours have definatley dropped from the older range of these ATK basses which used to have a while colour range, in stead of these crap colours that are avalible.
there was alot of fret buzzing and there still is, but i think the bass has quite heavy gauge strings on it so im gonna get some lighter strings. but the action was ok and the bridge is as solid as a rock,
the only problem i had was a loose jack input but Nevada music put another one in for free, which was nice/...... i will give it an 7
for a good set up but because of the tempery fret buzzing and the jack input i cant give it any higher

Reliability/Durability: 9
This bass is very hard, its sturdy, it takes alot of cleaning to keep it in mint condition and the metal plate around the bridge is hell to clean.... the strap buttons are big so no problems with the strap falling off.... i would use it for gigging all the time its is strong and u feel safe with it, the hardwear is chrome and the tuning is quite stable so its a good bass, 9 for being a good reliable bass

Customer Support: 9
Nevada Music in PORTSMOUTH UK was very helpful, when my guitar was faulty, they fixed it for free and did it while i waited.....
so good for them..... 9

Overall Rating: 10
This bass is a Great all round bass guitar with wide range of tones
amazing VERSITILITY! 5 strings, 5 way pickups selector, Active EQ
you have it all here!

BUY this bass ! if u have it under consideration ? go ahead with it, its brilliant, all your mates will love it!