PDA

View Full Version : Tears for Fears Rip off

kope
02-23-2005, 06:45 PM
The melody to the Offspring's song "Gone Away" is a straight rip off of Tears for Fears 1983 song "Mad World". I wonder if they knew that? I heard the Gary Jules version of Mad World at the end of Donnie Darko and actually thought that he had done a slow acoustic type cover of Gone away. I swear you can interchange lyrics. Check it out.

SkunkIt
02-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Welcome to my ignore list.

punkconspiracy
02-24-2005, 12:21 AM
The melody to the Offspring's song "Gone Away" is a straight rip off of Tears for Fears 1983 song "Mad World". I wonder if they knew that? I heard the Gary Jules version of Mad World at the end of Donnie Darko and actually thought that he had done a slow acoustic type cover of Gone away. I swear you can interchange lyrics. Check it out.

*clears throat*

IDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

nickspring-82
02-24-2005, 06:10 AM
im checking it out....i highly doubt it lol, even if its similar, offspring would never intentionally take a melody, therefore it cant be a " rip off " , only a coincidence, theres trillions of songs in the world, i bet lots share traits, your point is invalid

.................wow he has an imagination indeed

Jojan
02-24-2005, 07:21 AM
im checking it out....i highly doubt it lol, even if its similar, offspring would never intentionally take a melody, therefore it cant be a " rip off " , only a coincidence, theres trillions of songs in the world, i bet lots share traits, your point is invalid

.................wow he has an imagination indeed
Say no way, say no waay-a no waaaaay. (Offspring)
Obla di Obla da, life goes on whaaaa. (Beatles)

kope
02-24-2005, 05:23 PM
I can't believe people actually use this board!? Wow. I didn't know the Offspring had any new material since '93. You all need to get some real fucking taste in music. Do you all visit the Creed website too? Sorry that your favorite mainstream shiteating band copied an even shittier-eating band like Tears for Fears, but what are you gonna do?

Bye-bye

coke_a_holic
02-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Damn... That hurt dude... Seriously Im going to go listen to some "real music" now in a dark corner :rolleyes: