PDA

View Full Version : Noodles Signature Guitar!

Jackish
02-24-2005, 06:41 AM
Well i think its time i hang my squire up and go for something a level or two up..

I was thinking this -

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/products/eg/pict/NDM1TGS.jpg

I've seen it in real life and its a fair bit darker than that picture, and more greeny - workman like. I think it looks great, and the specs sound great, too!

Whats everyones opinion on that/have you played one/etc?

Oh heres some more info/reviews..

NOODLES
signature model

“Duct tape is so much a part of what we musicians do on the road. Since each guitar is individually wrapped in duct tape, you’re not going to find another guitar like it. And on top of all that, it’s just an easy playing guitar that you can get a bunch of great sounds out of.” - Noodles (The Offspring) NDM1

the basics • Based on the classic Ibanez Talman models that Noodles has played since 1993.
• Basswood body hand-wrapped in duct tape and finished in poly.
• Fixed bridge with steel saddles offers durability, simplicity and strong sustain.
• Special 5-Way switching provides a wide variety of pickup combinations.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Ibanez/NDM1-Noodles-Signature-01.html

PS - PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR ON ABOUT.

Cheers! :)

nickspring-82
02-24-2005, 06:58 AM
i would buy one no doubt :cool: looks insane in a kewl way

Iddy
02-24-2005, 07:00 AM
i doubt i would buy one... having someone elses signiture guitar wouldn't feel right. i prefer it be my own, and mine only... i prefer gibsons anyway.

the duct tapes pretty though...

nickspring-82
02-24-2005, 07:09 AM
.........i have the guitar tom delonge used to use in 99 - 02 ( surf green strat ) .......i like the guitar but im sure so many ppl would scream poser if i used it in a gig....good thing i aint in a band yet, i think noodles sig has more cred myself :rolleyes: , its funny, some ppl would feel special playing their fav guitarist's sig model, yet some feel poser, dunno where i fit....i just say " hey its better than my old peavey :D so fuck off "

Iddy
02-24-2005, 07:13 AM
i still haven't updated my guitar yet... i still have my old les paul copy. its black and cream. i removed the scratchplate because i didn't like it. one tuning key has fallen off and a one of the sound dials is broken... but i love her just the same... :x

Jojan
02-24-2005, 07:23 AM
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/products/eg/series_frame/area_e/frame_ndm.html

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/products/eg/pict_big/NDM1TGS.jpg

FatBoy
02-24-2005, 07:24 AM
i play bass and drums. i have a Washburn xb102 and an ernie ball s.u.b. bass with a behringer 4x10 cabinet and a pearl forum drumset with zildjian zxt cymbals. im thinking about buying a cheap guitar to mess around on so what do you guys reccomend?

offspringbaby2004
02-24-2005, 07:28 AM
I was trying to buy that one, but it was just out of my $ range for my first guitar. So I got a Squire Frat... a lot cheaper. But I am still going for Noodles Sig Guitar :D It's so beautiful *tear* :p

~mandy~

Jackish
02-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Cheers for the replys, but no ones tried one?

I hear its one of the cheaper signatures, but its the one i'd want most. It just screams coolness.

I don't know
02-24-2005, 10:00 AM
if I had enough money I would buy it

bouncingcoles
02-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Well i think its time i hang my squire up and go for something a level or two up..

I was thinking this -

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/products/eg/pict/NDM1TGS.jpg

I've seen it in real life and its a fair bit darker than that picture, and more greeny - workman like. I think it looks great, and the specs sound great, too!

Whats everyones opinion on that/have you played one/etc?

Oh heres some more info/reviews..

NOODLES
signature model

“Duct tape is so much a part of what we musicians do on the road. Since each guitar is individually wrapped in duct tape, you’re not going to find another guitar like it. And on top of all that, it’s just an easy playing guitar that you can get a bunch of great sounds out of.” - Noodles (The Offspring) NDM1

the basics • Based on the classic Ibanez Talman models that Noodles has played since 1993.
• Basswood body hand-wrapped in duct tape and finished in poly.
• Fixed bridge with steel saddles offers durability, simplicity and strong sustain.
• Special 5-Way switching provides a wide variety of pickup combinations.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Ibanez/NDM1-Noodles-Signature-01.html

PS - PLEASE ONLY REPLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR ON ABOUT.

Cheers! :)

It may look like noodles guitar, but everything else is different. the pickups and everything for noodles actual guitar is custom and totally different and much much much much better with top of the line everything. but this guitar just has cheap stuff on it. so if you got that it wouldnt be nearly as good as noodles actual guitar but it would be the same model. personally i think only noodles looks cool with that guitar. i wouldnt get it.

Zee
02-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Well, I'd certainly like to have that, but it's just not worth the fair 600e. If I already wouldn't have guitar I'd buy this one for sure, no matter what. But now that I have one I'd rather invest the money for a new amp or something.

coke_a_holic
02-24-2005, 04:33 PM
I was gonna get it but instead I got a Fat Strat, let the Fender flaming begin. I was also looking at this sweet guitar (I think its Ibanez) with a skull on it... yeah it was pretty cool looking. But im glad I got the strat... Its pretty cool

Jackish
02-24-2005, 04:46 PM
It may look like noodles guitar, but everything else is different. the pickups and everything for noodles actual guitar is custom and totally different and much much much much better with top of the line everything. but this guitar just has cheap stuff on it. so if you got that it wouldnt be nearly as good as noodles actual guitar but it would be the same model. personally i think only noodles looks cool with that guitar. i wouldnt get it.

Oh i see, makes sense...

Well, what would you recommend for under £700? An ibanez is what i want generally, or a fender.. but theres so many models i just get confused!