PDA

View Full Version : Progressive tax system

RXP
02-24-2005, 09:55 AM
I hate views like this

It is a shame that people like to cut down accomplished individuals. It is this kind of thinking that leads us to our current tax system where successful people are punished by being taxed at a higher rate while unsuccessful people are rewarded by a lower tax bracket.

It makes me want to scream. I want this man to die.

Mota Boy
02-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Yeah, it also conveniently ignores the fact that there are many ways that those in the top income tax bracket pay less than the poorest people, such as the fact that they don't have to pay money on their houses, when poor people face apartment taxes, etc.

Also, I hate to hear people say that they don't want to pay for welfare babies, etc. One person recently told me that most of our taxes go to pay welfare, when in reality it makes up 2% of the federal and state budgets,

Mainly what I hate, though, is the whole blind anti-tax policy of the Republican party. Most Republican Senators and Congressmen have signed policies stating that they would never raise taxes, which only serves to hamstring our federal government. It's one thing to say that taxes are evil, but nobody ever calls for specific program cuts, because all federall-funded programs are popular with some certain segment of society, but nobody wants to pay taxes. It's a shortsighted, hypocritical strategy that endangers our fiscal health. It's also one of the several reasons why I hate the Republican party.