PDA

View Full Version : Young Democrats in the USA

rise_against
02-27-2005, 12:05 AM
The mission of Generation Election is simple: to get younger Americans involved in the political process. Its financial mission will be to devote resources towards supporting young candidates for political office in the United States. Students and young people interested in the political process will be able to sign up for GEPAC and then be paired with a GEPAC sponsored candidate in their area.

GEPAC sponsored candidates, ideally, will be found from candidates for the United States Senate all the way down to your local school board. To take back this country, we have to start at the grassroots. We have to "build our bench": get young, capable candidates in political office where they can gain valuable experience, while at the same time building a vast grassroots organization of young people, who will gain experiences that will help them take this country back.

http://generationelection.org/

sKratch
02-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Uhh, get some experience FIRST and then get into office.

nieh
02-27-2005, 12:28 AM
next time I hear someone use the term "grassroots", I'm going to hurt them. I swear, that's the most overused buzz-word of the last couple years.

Italia311
02-27-2005, 01:23 AM
311 - grassroots

wheelchairman
02-27-2005, 04:25 AM
next time I hear someone use the term "grassroots", I'm going to hurt them. I swear, that's the most overused buzz-word of the last couple years.
I go to business school you know, and I had to write a report on a really miserable company. And I couldn't think of any opportunities they had, so I wrote 'pro-active forward-planning'

how's that for buzzwords.

Jesus
02-27-2005, 05:08 AM
w00t, the new buzzword (which is actually a construction of 2 words!) has to be "ownership society" which is just a fancy way of saying "feudalism". It's going to pop up in every neo-liberal essay in europe next month!

KappaWing
03-03-2005, 05:58 PM
The mission of Generation Election is simple: to get younger Americans involved in the political process. Its financial mission will be to devote resources towards supporting young candidates for political office in the United States. Students and young people interested in the political process will be able to sign up for GEPAC and then be paired with a GEPAC sponsored candidate in their area.

GEPAC sponsored candidates, ideally, will be found from candidates for the United States Senate all the way down to your local school board. To take back this country, we have to start at the grassroots. We have to "build our bench": get young, capable candidates in political office where they can gain valuable experience, while at the same time building a vast grassroots organization of young people, who will gain experiences that will help them take this country back.

http://generationelection.org/

Do You work for them? You know, part of the reason why Democrats are losing is because they don't band together, they have no common ground. They spend more time fighting each other than they do the Republicans.