PDA

View Full Version : Splinter......The Worst Album

Wizard*SweetRockerGirl*
10-29-2004, 03:36 AM
Think about all The Offspring albums.Which one is the worst?

thommo17
10-29-2004, 03:42 AM
Conspiracy Of One

Intermission
10-29-2004, 03:48 AM
conspiracy and splinter.....
but some songs are good....
none is great....

Slayer
10-29-2004, 03:57 AM
Conspiracy is their worst album, but it has some great songs, like "Dammit i changed again" or "one fine day" .. but it could have been better

The love of my life is Ignition . . . . :D

Nina
10-29-2004, 04:08 AM
Splinter is the album i dont like much.

IdleOffspring
10-29-2004, 04:53 AM
what a negative topic

there are no bad album, so I can't think of the worst, the're all great!

Tijs
10-29-2004, 04:56 AM
They're all great albums, but my least favourite is Americana.

Dexter_H
10-29-2004, 05:08 AM
I love all thier albums, but CO1 is probably least favourite, Splinter has some good songs on it, but could have been longer.

RonWelty
10-29-2004, 05:12 AM
i don īt like a lot AMERICANA

Chainsaw
10-29-2004, 06:21 AM
Americana is their worst... but it still has some great songs...

Fallen.
10-29-2004, 06:26 AM
what a negative topic

totally agree.

why focus on the worst album?

none of them stink, so who cares?

Weareone
10-29-2004, 09:11 AM
I like all of them and dont have a least favorite.

dirty_magic
10-29-2004, 09:15 AM
none of them are awful but if i have to choose one it would have to be conspiracy of one

offspringueuse
10-29-2004, 09:43 AM
all the albums are great, but for mer the worst is co1, or americana!!!!!

RobinoZombie
10-29-2004, 09:47 AM
No Album is Bad but, Americana is "worst" but its still an awesome album

ACAB
10-29-2004, 09:48 AM
if i had to choose the worst one i'd say co1...even i dont exactly love splinter it was real nice suprise after co1 i think

MirandaV
10-29-2004, 09:55 AM
I think it's so wrong to say 'worst'. Do some people here know what it even means? You aint here if you think an album of them is worse. Just call it less good or something. And for me, CO1.

GunForHire
10-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Hmmm, I dunno. I think Splinter is pretty great, but I don't know which one of their albums I'd say is less good than the others. Probably CO1, but I still think it's a good album.

Tigress
10-29-2004, 10:32 AM
none of them are awful but if i have to choose one it would have to be conspiracy of one

I feel the same way.

Sixpence.
10-29-2004, 10:42 AM
That's hard, they're all great but I'd say Americana is less good than the other ones but I also like it.

Well, I gave the question of this thread a try... ;)

GlaGla
10-29-2004, 10:55 AM
i think the album Splinter is the worst... :(

Go Smash and Ignition! :D

smileemptysoul44
10-29-2004, 10:58 AM
All of them are good. Splinter is better then co1. But co1 is ok to.

lucy_willson
10-29-2004, 11:05 AM
no way. splinter is a great album :cool:

offsprung
10-29-2004, 01:23 PM
I think that Splinter is their worst. I disagree with some saying Conspiracy of One is one of their worst. Living in Chaos, Special Delivery, and One Fine Day are very good songs.

Sixpence.
10-29-2004, 01:37 PM
I also think that CO1 contains songs which great songs, because the idea of some songs just like Special Delivery or Living In Chaos etc. is really good.

But each album of them got great songs, which represent important themes.

K Rockman Zero
10-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Huhhhh ...
Splinter is good ...
The others albuns is VERY VERY CRAZY !

Sketch
10-29-2004, 03:05 PM

Ameircana is their worst? Americana is their worst? Do'st my eyes decieve me? That is the album that made me the huge offspring fan I am today. I think others would agree thats what brought them to the offspring following too. I cant beleive you would think americana is their worst. Have you no love for the greatest band that ever lived?? I'm ashamed in all of you that say they have a "bad' album. Excuse me while i weep for the untrue offspring fans and hope for brighter days when we all love each album equally. I have a dream that one day offspring albums will not be judged by the quantity of their albums or by the lesser liked songs, but will one day be seen as the greatest gifts ever given to the music fans of today...

nitropenguin!
10-29-2004, 03:40 PM
Damn you all. There is no worst album by these phenomenal guys. No doubt about it.

Sketch understands :) you rock

Sketch
10-29-2004, 03:48 PM
thank you nitropenguin, you rock as well my friend.

Sixpence.
10-29-2004, 03:51 PM
I love each album, too. Couldn't live without them.

Sketch
10-29-2004, 03:54 PM
add another to the tru fan list, welcome sixpence! you, me and nitropenguin are the few who think all albums rock! no bad, no worse, all good!

Sixpence.
10-29-2004, 03:57 PM
They're all telling a story. And we have to remember that they describe a period of time over 20 years OFFSPRING. Dexter was writing about themes, that were or still are important for him.

Sketch
10-29-2004, 03:59 PM
preach it sixpence! Hear that you fake offspring fans?

Sixpence.
10-29-2004, 04:12 PM
*laugh... shakehead and thank Sketch for "praising" me*

Sketch
10-29-2004, 04:14 PM
i got your back. ;)

Sixpence.
10-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Hey what should I say apart from that: :) :D :)

Sketch
10-29-2004, 04:16 PM
first you sigh then say "oh sketch, you're such a dream boat, you know i will always have your back too. then sigh again. ;)

Sixpence.
10-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Alright. I've got my hand on my heart, saying:

"oh sketch, you're such a dream boat, you know i will always have your back too." *double sigh!!!*

Sketch
10-29-2004, 04:21 PM
awww thank you.. you're so sweet. How would you ever think to say something so sweet?

Sixpence.
10-29-2004, 04:21 PM
Well for people like you... Always!

Jewel_Blue_Ibanez
10-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Splinter...

nitropenguin!
10-29-2004, 05:08 PM
*left out* I wanna be sweet too :( Oh sketch, you're such a dream boat, you know I will always have your back!! *triple sigh* =)

Offspring_01
10-29-2004, 05:54 PM
what a negative topic

I couldn't agree more. There is no worst Offspring album. There all so good that I just cannot call one the worst . When it comes to the Offspring every word related to something negative or bad is non existent :D

PresidentKiller
10-29-2004, 06:18 PM

... and a lot of people wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that album... :rolleyes:

Special Delivery BR.
10-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Aw, its hard to say!
yea, all the albums r great in my opinion..
but the "less great" i think, its SPLINTER,,, but its good, anyway! :-P
:D

Eccentric Sara
10-29-2004, 06:50 PM
CO1 definately!I skip some of the songs when I listen to it,whereas I hardly do that with any of the other albums.It isn't bad,it is just overproduced and not as good as the others.

nitropenguin!
10-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Goddammit, fake Offspring fans please stop insluting their albums. Not nice.

And why does everyone hate Splinter so much? The lyrics fucken rock and you can seriously relate! Crazy, all of you. Except for Sketch and Sixpence of course. And others that said they love all the albums :)

Eccentric Sara
10-29-2004, 07:05 PM
How does not liking every piece of music The Offspring have ever made make me a "fake Offspring fan"?I have liked The Offspring for years.They were the band that got me into rock and punk as a whole.I'm very grateful to them because they opened up a whole new world to me.I joined this message board about 2 1/2 years ago because I am an Offspring fan. Having a negative opinion about some of their songs doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan.Plus,if I was in The Offspring and was reading these posts,I would prefer fans to be honest about whether they liked my songs and albums or not.Constuctive criticism is good as it helps you to improve what you do.I don't see anything wrong with that.

nitropenguin!
10-29-2004, 07:12 PM
Whatever you say man, opinions go a long way.

Sketch
10-29-2004, 08:42 PM
*left out* I wanna be sweet too :( Oh sketch, you're such a dream boat, you know I will always have your back!! *triple sigh* =)
Aww you're so sweet! Where would you ever get the idea of saying something so sweet. i'll always have your back too nitropenguin. ;)

Sixpence.
10-30-2004, 01:50 AM
Aww you're so sweet! Where would you ever get the idea of saying something so sweet. i'll always have your back too nitropenguin. ;)

Have your back and you have ours. That's how it's got to be! Yeah.

sphinxdaking
10-30-2004, 02:01 AM
In my oppinion I think every album has enough great songs to be a good album. But splinter was too short and had to much mixed up songs, so I'd say thats the album I was less satisfied with.

CO1 is my favorite album. Still listen to it alot when I am on my way to school and such. Songs like Dammit I changed Again, Huck It, conspiracy of one, vultures, million miles, come out swining, all along, want you bad and so on is just fucking awsome! Don't know why people think it was a bad album. :confused:

Sixpence.
10-30-2004, 02:09 AM
Yeah and it's the same with me. Can't understand why any albums of them should be worse...
But I have to accept it.

The Game
10-30-2004, 03:09 AM
Conspiracy is easily the worst

Sixpence.
10-30-2004, 03:29 AM
Hell yeah, I hate this word!!!

nitropenguin!
10-30-2004, 04:09 PM
K I thought about what Eccentric Sara said and she has a point. Of course none of you are fake Offspring fans if you may not love all of their albums to death. That's totally fine. I just got caught up with Sketch and Sixpence, all of us agreeing it's crazy to have a negative opinion about *one* album.

The Offspring have done a lot for us and I'm sure has helped every single fan get through hard times around the corner. And they diserve honesty and they'd still respect every one of us if we wern't totally crazy about one album. But of course you guys don't hate it right?!

With all honesty I wouldn't live without all their albums, and Splinter rocks! :) I apologize to you Eccentric Sara.

selfrighteoussuicide
10-31-2004, 08:58 AM
splinter is alright but is brought down by worst hangover ever and spare me the details. also a bit short

personally, i think americana is the worst

Jake
10-31-2004, 11:57 AM
why is there so many topics about bad offspring songs and albums?
in my mind there are none, each album is different in its own way, and it has to do with the way the band is feelling, it doesnt mean the album sucks, maybe it isnt good to you.

Sixpence.
10-31-2004, 12:02 PM
K I thought about what Eccentric Sara said and she has a point. Of course none of you are fake Offspring fans if you may not love all of their albums to death. That's totally fine. I just got caught up with Sketch and Sixpence, all of us agreeing it's crazy to have a negative opinion about *one* album.

The Offspring have done a lot for us and I'm sure has helped every single fan get through hard times around the corner. And they diserve honesty and they'd still respect every one of us if we wern't totally crazy about one album. But of course you guys don't hate it right?!

With all honesty I wouldn't live without all their albums, and Splinter rocks! :) I apologize to you Eccentric Sara.

Really touching words and I totally agree. I just hate the word "worse/worst" I don't want anyone to love all albums if you don't you don't but I think "worse/worst" is too hard.

Jake
10-31-2004, 12:04 PM
((((Originally Posted by nitropenguin!

With all honesty I wouldn't live without all their albums, and Splinter rocks! I apologize to you Eccentric Sara. ))))

touching!

scream
10-31-2004, 12:42 PM
I least like Smash.

clokey43
10-31-2004, 12:51 PM
Omg, i cant believe u guys, i think all of the albums are gr8, ok so some songs are a bit crap but mostly brilliant, how can u diss a band that u obviously like

Intermission
10-31-2004, 01:00 PM
Well......I don't think any album is bad.....
Just not so great......
I love all the albums accept for co1 and splinter.....
Wich I do like! :D

aavikko
10-31-2004, 02:21 PM
well...both albums have songs which are piece of shit....like "hit that", "when you are in prison" :mad: and "original prankster"....but if we add the best songs from both albums we could get a one very good album instead of two good albums :rolleyes:

nitropenguin!
10-31-2004, 02:46 PM
I've loved Original Prankster since the start. Lots are hating it... why man?

PresidentKiller
10-31-2004, 06:07 PM
I've loved Original Prankster since the start. Lots are hating it... why man?

Because it's COOL TO HATE it? :rolleyes: :D

(I like it, though)

Eccentric Sara
10-31-2004, 06:20 PM

With all honesty I wouldn't live without all their albums, and Splinter rocks! :) I apologize to you Eccentric Sara.Hehe,that's OK.Apology accepted.:) Glad something I said provoked some thought and made ppl change their views.