PDA

View Full Version : Make-up on people

the_GoDdEsS
02-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Since we're living in the age of homo aesthetic...

I think make-up looks good on people unless there's too much of it. It allows you to experiment a little, it allows you to stress your bestest facial features. It can be decent or eccentric for going out.
And even eyeliner on guys can look good on special occassions. =p

Sarallica
02-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Eyeliner on guys = goooooood =)

=P

Izie
02-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Make up owns. In so many ways.

<3 make-up.

And on guys? Erm, depends on the guy really. Ken would look absolutely ridiculous with it. But I know one guy who looked cool with it. Complicated issue :p

the_GoDdEsS
02-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Yup, I agree. It depends on the type of person. And even some chicks look bad with make-up, actually.
Edit: usually bad choice of colours.

Izie
02-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Yup, I agree. It depends on the type of person. And even some chicks look bad with make-up, actually.

Heh, sometimes I have the feeling they're wearing it to make themselves ugly, not pretty. Wtf?

Plus; construction works on the face aren't nice, like, ever. You don't waanna know what I've seen in high-school *shudder*

HeadAroundU
02-27-2005, 12:00 PM
A.F.I. frontman looks cool with make-up.

the_GoDdEsS
02-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Heh, sometimes I have the feeling they're wearing it to make themselves ugly, not pretty. Wtf?

Plus; construction works on the face aren't nice, like, ever. You don't waanna know what I've seen in high-school *shudder*

Eek, I've seen very bad things too.

Tijs
02-27-2005, 12:01 PM
I don't really like make up. A little bit is ok, but there are really pretty girls, and they wear a shitload of make up which makes them yugh.

Izie
02-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Eek, I've seen very bad things too.

I've seen a girl with orange (wtf?) foundation, put only on her face, while her neck/ears were white. *sigh*

Plus we have a "fried" chick at uni, I know it's not make up, but it's scary nevertheless.

BuddyHolly
I don't really like make up. A little bit is ok, but there are really pretty girls, and they wear a shitload of make up which makes them yugh.

i agree with Tijs

the_GoDdEsS

If it's on the cheeks and looks like a freshly painted facade of a building you just wanna scratch off. Yuck!

the_GoDdEsS
02-27-2005, 12:04 PM
I've seen a girl with orange (wtf?) foundation, put only on her face, while her neck/ears were white. *sigh*

Plus we have a "fried" chick at uni, I know it's not make up, but it's scary nevertheless.

Foundations can spoil so much.

The Talking Pie
02-27-2005, 12:04 PM
I look hot with eyeliner on

I like eye-makeup best. Other than that (excluding nail and lip stuff) it tends to look silly more often than good.

Izie
02-27-2005, 12:05 PM
If it's on the cheeks and looks like a freshly painted facade of a building you just wanna scratch off. Yuck!

That's what I wanted to say with "construction works", heh :/

Noodles is gay
02-27-2005, 12:08 PM

make up on guys in a band is the mark of a good band; bowie, smiths, mansun, franz, king adora, cure, etc...

HeadAroundU
02-27-2005, 12:09 PM
I don't like ugly girls with make-up because he can't help.

the_GoDdEsS
02-27-2005, 12:09 PM
make up on guys in a band is the mark of a good band; bowie, smiths, mansun, franz, king adora, cure, etc...

David! *drools*

Izie
02-27-2005, 12:10 PM

Yup, works on those guys :D

the_GoDdEsS
02-27-2005, 12:11 PM
That's what I wanted to say with "construction works", heh :/

Wah, sorry. Felt the need to add that. =p

Noodles is gay
02-27-2005, 12:12 PM
And placebo....dammit knew i missed a really good band out. :p

HeadAroundU
02-27-2005, 12:13 PM
And placebo....dammit knew i missed a really good band out. :p
AFI????????????????

Betty
I find that makeup looks stupid on me.

I suppose I am quite the amateur at applying makeup, but I don't make ridiculous mistakes like orange foundation, or fluoresent pink lipstick.

Just...
-lipstick looks fake and I feel like I have clownlips. I can do lipgloss, or a very neutral colour, but my lips are big and pink anyway.
-eyeshadow/eyeliner looks dumb unless it's totally neutral coloured in which case it REALLY doesn't make much difference.
-mascara is alright but I have sensitive eyes and long black eyelashes anyway.
-foundation is good but my skin sucks and to actually put enough on to make it look considerably better would make me have a cakey face... and I think it looks ridiculous when people have faces like that... also it can't possibly improve my complexion to wear that much makeup in the first place.
-I like blush but nobody ever wears blush. I like how I look when I have some colour to my face. Has to be subtle of course.

The Talking Pie
Metallica - Lars/Kirk

Faust
02-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Jacoby Shaddix looks cool with make up.. I would feel and look silly with it.. I would have to buy new clothes(punk clothes and make up=no way), and new hair colour and a few piercings. then make-up would suit me. haha.

the_GoDdEsS
02-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara for me. No eyeshadow in the summer because it's just too hot to cover your eyes with stuff.
I generally avoid other stuff. And very occassionally some lipstick/gloss when going out.

Izie
02-27-2005, 12:16 PM
@ Betty: People do wear blush! I know a lot of people who do! I never do, because it looks like crap on me, but if it looks good on you, why not?

*shruggie*

Nevermind me, I just wanna share my love for make-up, heh

Noodles is gay
02-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Personally i can't be bothered with makeup because i have sensitive skin [which sucks enormously!], i have nail vanish and sometimes lip gloss but that's it.

I have piercings instead.

Izie
02-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara for me. No eyeshadow in the summer because it's just too hot to cover your eyes with stuff.
I generally avoid other stuff. And very occassionally some lipstick/gloss when going out.

Ick, with me it depends. I use powder, but the loose one, because it doesn't clog your pores, but it collects the dirt that your skin would collect otherwise, and it's not like you can see it anyway. I use foundation if I'm having a bad skin day, but mostly tinted creme anyways.

And my eye make-up goes all the way, sometimes I'll wear liner/shadow/mascara, sometimes none, sometimes a combo, but only when I'm not too lazy. I love playing with colours. I can make it look both dark and intense, and natural, and girly, and lalalala, I've been practising a lot, I can do a lot of stuff :p

And I'm in love with lipsticks and glosses of any form, intense or subtle, shiny or matte, anything, as long as it's on my lips *blushie*

/makeup rant mode

Almighy_gir
02-27-2005, 12:21 PM
i look hot with red lipstick, black eyeliner, and glitter over my punk cheek stuff (blusher???). but only when im wearing my tanktop, leather chaps, and tigerskin thong, and my MASSIVE mullet wig :D

the_GoDdEsS
02-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Dark lipstick looks drop dead gorgeous hot on you. I'm always saying that.

I sometimes use a sort of a foundation thingy when my skin does not like me but definitely not all over my face.

Izie
02-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Dark lipstick looks drop dead gorgeous hot on you. I'm always saying that.

I sometimes use a sort of a foundation thingy when my skin does not like me but definitely not all over my face.

Nah, never all over, usually just where needed, like some people use the correction stick and stuff. I usually have probs finding it in my skintone lol

Forgot a thankie :p Thankie ;)

the_GoDdEsS
02-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Nah, never all over, usually just where needed, like some people use the correction stick and stuff. I usually have probs finding it in my skintone lol

Forgot a thankie :p Thankie ;)

Yes, that! And you're welcome.

the_GoDdEsS
02-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Speaking of bad examples:

http://www.santabanta.com/wallpapers/gallery1.asp?catid=4424

Eeeeeeeeeeeek.

Betty
02-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah, that's what I feel like with makeup on... ha...

Nina
02-27-2005, 12:56 PM
i think she was supposed to look that way.

anyway...i really enjoy using makeup as well, especially lately.
the only thing thats bothering me is the creasing, and the fact
that my eyes are very sensitive.

i adore applying blush. thats the only thing i can do perfectly
fine, heh. the funny thing is that i never noticed anybody else
doing it until i started to do it myself.

Faded Soul
02-27-2005, 06:14 PM
I don't like make-up, so I don't wear it. :)

RXP
02-27-2005, 09:05 PM
You don't wear makeup because your unattractive and rather large. It just wouldn't do anything to you. Let the pretty girls wear it.

dirtybird
02-27-2005, 09:09 PM

I fully agree.

dirtybird
02-27-2005, 09:10 PM
You don't wear makeup because your unattractive and rather large. It just wouldn't do anything to you. Let the pretty girls wear it.

That is also true.

ninth
02-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Ever see that episode of friends that has Joey in the Men's Lipstick comercial?
Yes, damn it, this is relevant.

dirtybird
02-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Ever see that episode of friends that has Joey in the Men's Lipstick comercial?
Yes, damn it, this is relevant.

If you have to convince yourself before anyone else it may just not be..

ninth
02-27-2005, 09:20 PM
If you have to convince yourself before anyone else it may just not be..
I didn't have to convince myself, but some might be like "WTF an obscure reference to friends?" Even though Joey was the dimmest person on the show, he definitely was the one getting the most gash. He wore makeup in a commercial, and, alas, not a homo. Relevance.

dirtybird
02-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Ok, whatever. I just didn't have anything else to say. But I made you waste energy typing it, so it's all good.

ninth
02-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Ok, whatever. I just didn't have anything else to say. But I made you waste energy typing it, so it's all good.
Hardly, I'll be here for the next seven and a half hours. $108 (before taxes) lolololololz, my job is so homo. PROFESSIONAL TEMPERATURE GAUGE!

dirtybird
02-27-2005, 09:32 PM
So you watch a temperature gauge for 8 hours...? Holy shit.

ninth
02-27-2005, 09:33 PM
So you watch a temperature gauge for 8 hours...? Holy shit.
No, I watch nodes for twelve hours and I CZECH the temperature of two rooms once an hour.

SkunkIt
02-27-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't like makeup that much, but it's fun to mess with once in a while! :D

Sunny
02-27-2005, 09:44 PM
i loooove makeup, i have a whole gigantic case filled with various things..

i love lipsticks and lipglosses.. and i wear a lot of eyeliner.. and eyeshadow is so much fun. so are face/body highlighters and glitter and glue-on rhinestones.. ahh. not big on foundations/powders, but they help on bad skin days. and i'm ridiculously pale and my skin is so so sensitive.. gets red/irritated a lot.. so balancing foundation comes in handy.

i'm obsessed with makeup.. it's so fun to play with. =p

Izie
02-27-2005, 10:31 PM
i'm obsessed with makeup.. it's so fun to play with. =p

100% true for me too (can't remember if I'd already said this, too early in the morning, and I got almost no sleep)

UgLy_eLf
02-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Does anyone have any make-up tips for me?

http://www.msu.edu/~drb/gorilla.gif

I'd appreciate it if you could help me.

Ellie
02-28-2005, 12:40 AM
Does anyone have any make-up tips for me?

I'd appreciate it if you could help me.

Perhaps an epilator for starters.

I don't wear much makeup mostly because I'm a fumble fingers at applying it. Like I'll blink as I'm putting on mascara and it'll smear under my eye for that racoon effect, or sometimes I'll even accidentally poke myself in the eye with the wand. Dur.

Almighy_gir
02-28-2005, 12:43 AM
or you could stop being a pussy and wax... thats whay i do :P

i wish i could wax my face -_-

Tizzalicious
02-28-2005, 12:57 AM
I can't do eyeliner! I wish I could, but when I try it looks horrible =(

I use pencil eyeliner though...on the bottom...and eyeshadow and mascara. No lipstick...looks weird...

Nina
02-28-2005, 08:25 AM
i'd love to do a make-over, and you'd do one for me,
eeeeee girly stuff can be so much fun <3

Izie
02-28-2005, 08:27 AM
eeeeee girly stuff can be so much fun <3

Nina speaks the truth!

Tizzalicious
02-28-2005, 08:28 AM
yessssh! that'd be fun! (you were talking to me right?)

Nina
02-28-2005, 08:29 AM
hehe yeah i was :]

Tizzalicious
02-28-2005, 08:30 AM
can you do eyeliner?

Tijs
02-28-2005, 08:31 AM
Well yeah, but what I meant was is that if you can see it really good it shouldn't be there, cause it covers the natural look of the face. For example, I think that the make up around your eyes in the avatar is a bit too much. I think you'd look better without (that much) make-up. No offense or anything, you're pretty in that picture aswell, but that was just an easy example to use for the moment.

Nina
02-28-2005, 08:32 AM
yes, and i can do it on others as well, as long as its
liquid eyeliner (well okay...i havent ever tried pencil
on others...maybe i should try.. -grabs mommy- :D)

Tizzalicious
02-28-2005, 08:34 AM
practice pencil on your mommy! the liquid burns on my eyes :( or maybe I just didn't have good stuff...but I'm not gonna buy expensive one if I'm not sure that's not gonna burn either =/ AND if I'm able to do it...

Nina
For example, I think that the make up around your eyes in the avatar is a bit too much. I think you'd look better without (that much) make-up.

wow, i fully respect your opinion but its almost crazy how
much i just dont agree with your statement at all. heh. i
think she looks absolutely gorgeous with that eyeliner. but
i'd be interested in seeing you without it, Simona. :]

Tizzalicious
actually I suck at applying eyeshadow too...I can just do a basic one colour...and not even in a fancy way :(

I need lessons!

Nina
02-28-2005, 08:35 AM
actually I suck at applying eyeshadow too...I can just do a basic one colour...and not even in a fancy way :(

I need lessons!

WE NEED TO MEET UP DAMMIT.

Tizzalicious
02-28-2005, 08:36 AM
WE NEED TO MEET UP DAMMIT.

WE DO!

I'm so gonna find out where I can take driving lessons!!!!! I would have taken lessons years ago if it wasn't for the damn migraines! I WILL take lessons...if I did, I can just drive over! And we can maaaaaaake-up like mad :D

Nina
02-28-2005, 08:37 AM
WE DO!

I'm so gonna find out where I can take driving lessons!!!!! I would have taken lessons years ago if it wasn't for the damn migraines! I WILL take lessons...if I did, I can just drive over! And we can maaaaaaake-up like mad :D

that's a very exciting thought :] i am sure we'd end up doing all
the awesome girly stuff things...we'd probably also go shopping
and drool over h&m DIVIDED clothes. -bounces-

Tizzalicious
02-28-2005, 08:39 AM
that's a very exciting thought :] i am sure we'd end up doing all
the awesome girly stuff things...we'd probably also go shopping
and drool over h&m DIVIDED clothes. -bounces-

yessssssss! :D we need to go shopping together!

Tijs
02-28-2005, 08:39 AM
wow, i fully respect your opinion but its almost crazy how
much i just dont agree with your statement at all. heh. i
think she looks absolutely gorgeous with that eyeliner. but
i'd be interested in seeing you without it, Simona. :]
At what point did I say she doesn't look pretty in the pic? I said I think she'd look better without it. But well, I guess that's just because I'm not too font about make-up and such.

the_GoDdEsS
02-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Well yeah, but what I meant was is that if you can see it really good it shouldn't be there, cause it covers the natural look of the face. For example, I think that the make up around your eyes in the avatar is a bit too much. I think you'd look better without (that much) make-up. No offense or anything, you're pretty in that picture aswell, but that was just an easy example to use for the moment.

Thanks. I sometimes use a lot of eyeshadow because I happen to like it. I don't know why. I wear much less during summer though, like I've said. A friend's already been trying to convince me that my eyes look better without the make-up but I won't listen because I want them to be more visible like that. =p Once again, thanks for the opinion. =)

Ellie
02-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Do any of you ladies use an eyelash curler? I've heard that can really help make your eyes look so much bigger, but I'm wondering if that's just hype.

Nina
02-28-2005, 10:25 AM
At what point did I say she doesn't look pretty in the pic? I said I think she'd look better without it. But well, I guess that's just because I'm not too font about make-up and such.

....and at what point did i say that you dont find her pretty o.0
i was only talking about the eyeliner.

the_GoDdEsS
02-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Do any of you ladies use an eyelash curler? I've heard that can really help make your eyes look so much bigger, but I'm wondering if that's just hype.

Nup, I think they'd ruin my eyelashes.

Tijs
02-28-2005, 10:33 AM
....and at what point did i say that you dont find her pretty o.0
i was only talking about the eyeliner.

...i just dont agree with your statement at all. heh. i
think she looks absolutely gorgeous...

eh?

...i just dont agree with your statement at all. heh. i
think she looks absolutely gorgeous with that eyeliner...

ah... sorry, confusion.

Nina
02-28-2005, 10:34 AM
hahaha. nice way of clearing it up ;]

Izie
02-28-2005, 10:35 AM

Nah, haven't noticed they help much... I've had friends who used them. I never have, I only use stuff like volume/lenghtening, sometimes.

Isn't it better to just get a curling mascara?

Nina
02-28-2005, 10:36 AM
curler break my lashes.
yeah.

Ellie
02-28-2005, 10:57 AM
I pretty much thought that of curlers, too. Thanks for your thoughts, and yeah, Izie, I would think a curling mascara would just work much better.

Izie
02-28-2005, 10:59 AM
No probs :) Hopefully they work the way the ads say they do though, hehe

Ellie
02-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Heh. Yeah, that's the key. If I ever get some, I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Izie
02-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Do :) I'd just like to know if I can get a curling/lenghtening/volume all in one, heh. I'm difficult that way.

Goki
02-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Since we're living in the age of homo aesthetic...

I think make-up looks good on people unless there's too much of it. It allows you to experiment a little, it allows you to stress your bestest facial features. It can be decent or eccentric for going out.

The way you do your make up depends to where you're going. If you're going to school, or out, not so exaggerated make-up is my choice. If you're going out at night to a nightclub or so, too much makeup is okay. I usually wear an eyeliner [black mostly or blue], some powder to cover my acne-marks, that still doesnt work completely though, grrr....[any ideas what I should do by the way?], sometimes lipstick and that thing you wear above cheeks -whatever you call it- that's it. It gives a more natural look.

I think doing make-up is somewhat related to self-confidence and self-esteem. Not in all cases, I mean, but most girls feel more confident in public with make up than without makeup..and some don't even take a single step out without make up.

Make-up on guys is okay for special occasions, I personally don't like the girly look on a guy much. Gothic make up on guys look awesome, but masculine make-up. yeah that's still in the category of "special occasions". =)

TheHulaChick
03-01-2005, 06:33 AM
I like make up and I wear it quite a lot. I love lipstick and lipgloss (only purple or pinky shades though cause I like the way it goes with my green eyes, red looks weird on me) I usually wear a little lipstick most of the time, unless I'm going to a party or something then I wear more. I don't do much with my eyes but if I want to look special then I wear black eye shadow and eye liner but only a tiny bit of mascara cause my eyelashes are allready really long and black so if I put on too much I look like I'm wearing fake eyelashes or something. I never wear foundation but sometimes a little bit of shimmery blush is nice.

I don't like it either when people that wear tons of make up. It looks best when people just wear a little bit. You should wear makeup to enhance your features, not to change them.

JoY
03-01-2005, 07:09 AM
I don't wear a lot of make-up. most days none at all. but when I do, it's mascara, eyeliner (<33) & something to make my face a tad less pale with. it's the kind of stuff you don't really see, so it's not like I'm wearing a fucking pancake with eye-holes.

I hate to see teen girls, spoiling their sweet, young, fresh, pretty faces with shitloads of make-up. they're the generation with good skin. hell, everyone under 35 is. I don't understand what all the purple, black, pink, brown & yellow is good for. just.. show yourself, or something. why would you want to look like fucking 35 already, when you're only sweet seventeen?

Izie
03-01-2005, 07:41 AM
some powder to cover my acne-marks, that still doesnt work completely though, grrr....[any ideas what I should do by the way?]

Don't have much experience, but what I usually do when I'm unsure about make-up stuff, is go to a make-up store and ask for oppinions. Even better, you can go on a day they have a professional make-up artist doing stuff on people and ask him/her, they have to know.

I'd probably try some sort of liquid foundation instead of powder, it covers better, but you should pick a good one, don't want to hurt your skin even more. I'm not really an expert on that though.

Nina
03-01-2005, 07:43 AM
i really dont think that one can generalize it just like that.
there are a lot of people who look gorgeous with make-up,
and with "make-up" i DO mean that it is enough for every
body to see that you're wearing it. thick black eyeliner
can look amazing on a lot of people, and how can you not
consider that "heavy" make-up? (in case you do not, that
is). it has a lot of effect and needs to be applied thickly,
therefore it *is* "a lot", so to speak. at least in my opinion
:] but that doesnt only go for eyeliner (it was merly an
example). eh my point is, i dont think you can generalize
it like that. so many girls our age look stunning with that
shit. and i know you agree, it has been proven on this
board :P

Trip Boy
03-01-2005, 09:03 AM
I don't use make up....it use's me. That fucking slut!

ey-drien
03-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Nothing is uglier, than girls hiding behind tons of make up! It think it's only looking good to a certain degree, but many girls exaggerate it by far!
When I go out with some friends here in cologne, I see so many girls, which look like the only possibility to remove their makeup, would be with a scraper!
What's even more worrying me, is that some friends even like the style. A friend of me, refused once a relationship to a girl, just because she didn't look "bitchy" enough :( (of course he didn't say it to her...)
For myself, I like just decent makeup on girls. Ok, maybe I go for some dark eye makeup :rolleyes:, but a natural look can also look very pretty on girls.
At all, girls shouldn't worry so much about makeup, as some girls do. It's awful, when girls can't go out of home, without spending hourse in the bathroom...

Just a Girl
03-01-2005, 10:44 AM
i don't really wear much make-up. i refuse to wear anything that goes on my face (eyes and lips don't count as face to me!) like foundation because i used to have really bad skin, which is now good and i don't want it to get bad again. plus i'm allergic to everything. so i only really wear eyeliner and mascara. i have long thick lashes anyway, so everyone always comments on my eyelashes when i wear mascara cos they look ridiculously long.

if i ever wear lipstick it stains my lips and my lips end up that colour for a few days. the last time i wore it was when i dressed up as catwoman last halloween. that was fun.

DirtyMagical
03-01-2005, 03:43 PM
I know way too much about make up. I used to wear a shit load of it... Nowadays I'm too tired in the morning to do that kinda stuff. The most I do in the morning before school is eyeliner. That's all I really wear... Going somewhere for the whole night ussually means I'll spend more than 4 minutes in front of a mirror...

Make up on guys can look hot... heh. I like faggotty looking guys.) Although I don't like it when it looks all gothic... with big black lines down the cheeks and shit. eugh. "Look at me! I'm so DARK! it's like WHOA!" fucking goths.

Camilamazed
03-01-2005, 03:46 PM
I Like make-up a lot, but not too much on me :D

nieh
03-01-2005, 03:53 PM
I generally dislike makeup on people. It can look alright if they do it well (i.e. wearing it but you don't notice), but most people can't do that. Even if they do, once you get close to their face you can still see it.

One time I saw this old old old lady at the grocery store. She looked like she could barely walk more than 10 steps an hour. Her eyelashes were painted on, her cheeks had insane amounts of blush on them (so much that there were 'crumbs' of it all over her face. She had horribly over-done hair and ugly eye makeup on...it was seriously one of the saddest things I ever saw. The fact that people have it imbedded in their minds that makeup makes them pretty is just insane.

The Talking Pie
03-01-2005, 04:14 PM
The fact that people have it imbedded in their minds that makeup makes them pretty is just insane.
I agree. Heh, I have a little sister. She's 13 and thinks she needs makeup... God knows why. Besides, makeup is for looking scary, not pretty.

DirtyMagical
03-01-2005, 04:40 PM
I generally dislike makeup on people. It can look alright if they do it well (i.e. wearing it but you don't notice), but most people can't do that. Even if they do, once you get close to their face you can still see it.

One time I saw this old old old lady at the grocery store. She looked like she could barely walk more than 10 steps an hour. Her eyelashes were painted on, her cheeks had insane amounts of blush on them (so much that there were 'crumbs' of it all over her face. She had horribly over-done hair and ugly eye makeup on...it was seriously one of the saddest things I ever saw. The fact that people have it imbedded in their minds that makeup makes them pretty is just insane.

Hehe. It's like a habbit for them to put on make up.. But they are old and their vision sucks, so they put on way too much, and make it all bright and shiny. Ouch.

Betty
03-01-2005, 05:23 PM
It's funny cause almost every girl here who "loves makeup" is gorgeous already. AND, you almost all have perfect creamy skin too. So the makeup can do nothing but enhance.

Anyway, that's just me being jealous, prompted by all the "I don't wear foundation" comments.

I hate to see teen girls, spoiling their sweet, young, fresh, pretty faces with shitloads of make-up.

Also, the teen years are not only the years of being "sweet and fresh", but also of... da da da... acne. So, you can't blame some of the kids for trying to hide it a bit.

the_GoDdEsS
03-01-2005, 09:37 PM
I agree. Heh, I have a little sister. She's 13 and thinks she needs makeup... God knows why. Besides, makeup is for looking scary, not pretty.

Eek, I started when I was 17-18. 13 is just a little too early and they still do it.

Anya82
03-01-2005, 09:45 PM
i started using make up when i was 16.. and just a little...

in fact, i usually use just a little make up, i like the "natural look". :D

dirtybird
03-01-2005, 11:20 PM
i started using make up when i was 16.. and just a little...

in fact, i usually use just a little make up, i like the "natural look". :D

Yet in your avatar..

Izie
03-01-2005, 11:48 PM
It's funny cause almost every girl here who "loves makeup" is gorgeous already. AND, you almost all have perfect creamy skin too. So the makeup can do nothing but enhance.

Anyway, that's just me being jealous, prompted by all the "I don't wear foundation" comments.

Well the deal is (in my head), the better your bone structure/general look of face, the more you can experiment and the less chance you have of it looking really bad on you. Thus "pretty" girls (the ones considered pretty anyway) can wear more, if they like it. But that's just in my head, and of coruse pretty girls can look like clowns if they overdo it too, I just think they have less chance to.

Ick, creamy skin, I want mine back :( I've had silly red spots all over my face for a month now, goddamn allergies, and yes, now I do wear foundation. Thing is, it's just now that I have discovered, that my foundation isn't all that good, as it doesn't cover much. Hmmmmmm

And I started using makeup when I was around 17 too, but I just started with lipstick/mascara and then progressed to the hard core make up, heh. For me it's more of creating a look than changing/enhancing features, because, I can look serious, mean, girly, nasty, hot... And all it takes is a bit of colour. But yet again, this is in my head too, because, make up makes me look a certain way, then I feel that way, then I behave a bit that way, and this is me ranting about make up. I need to stop. Now.

Betty
03-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Well the deal is (in my head), the better your bone structure/general look of face, the more you can experiment and the less chance you have of it looking really bad on you. Thus "pretty" girls (the ones considered pretty anyway) can wear more, if they like it. But that's just in my head, and of coruse pretty girls can look like clowns if they overdo it too, I just think they have less chance to.

I think you have a point. I was trying to say something along those lines but then gave up and backspaced it all.

Cause if you're not very pretty... sometimes makeup can help, but sometimes it just looks goofy and like you tried REALLY HARD to try and make yourself look good but it didn't work at all.

Anya82
03-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Yet in your avatar..

if your talking about the pic where i'm wearing a white jacket.. well.. it was my b-day party.. of course I was going to wear make up!! :p :D

DirtyMagical
03-02-2005, 04:48 PM
I started using make up when I was 13... my mom was taking make up artist courses, so I came along a few times... I wear much less now than I used to..and I'm 17... Shouldn't I be starting? Meh, everyone's different.

dirtybird
03-02-2005, 05:12 PM
if your talking about the pic where i'm wearing a white jacket.. well.. it was my b-day party.. of course I was going to wear make up!! :p :D

Suuure.. ;)

Betty
03-02-2005, 06:14 PM
I started using make up when I was 13... my mom was taking make up artist courses, so I came along a few times... I wear much less now than I used to..and I'm 17... Shouldn't I be starting? Meh, everyone's different.

Definitely thought you were older than 17.

dirtybird
03-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Definitely thought you were older than 17.

I'm only fourteen...

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-02-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm wearing eyeliner. Right now. Mwhaha.

DirtyMagical
03-02-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm only fourteen...

I am against age-bias.)

Izie
03-03-2005, 12:10 AM
I think you have a point. I was trying to say something along those lines but then gave up and backspaced it all.

Cause if you're not very pretty... sometimes makeup can help, but sometimes it just looks goofy and like you tried REALLY HARD to try and make yourself look good but it didn't work at all.

Yeah, exactly what I thought. Because, most make up artists have rules, for instance how to visually shrink your nose and whatnot... So if you wanna do that, you really have to be able to do it well and stuff, and I don't think I'd ever pull that off. And that would lead to awfull messups :s

I tried "shaping my face" a few times with foundation and blush, and boy, did THAT look ridiculous, hehehehe

Conclusion either way: make up used properly (there's not just one proper way though) = good; make up used in a wrong way (and there are a lot of wrong ways too) = not good.

For me anyway.

Anya82
03-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Suuure.. ;)
I DO like to wear makeup! it's pretty and fun!!!! :D
but i like the natural look, and that doesn't mean that i never use make up. :p

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 08:28 AM
I DO like to wear makeup! it's pretty and fun!!!!
but i like the natural look, and that doesn't mean that i never use make up. :p

that's why were ment for eachother, cause i like to wear make up al the time too :rolleyes: :p :D

Anya82
03-03-2005, 08:51 AM
of course we're meant to each other, my precious!! :D
*kiss!*

you don't need make up, you're beautiful and wonderful just the way you are ;) :D

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 09:04 AM
you don't need to wear make up neither, so why are you?

Anya82
03-03-2005, 09:06 AM
oooh!!!
hmmm.... cause... without makeup.. i look... "pale"

and because i want to look gorgeous for you, of course! ;) :D *teehee*

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 09:08 AM
oooh!!!
hmmm.... cause... without makeup.. i look... "pale"

every girl who's wearing make up is saying that. I just don't get it, most girls are way prettyer without makeup :confused:

and because i want to look gorgeous for you, of course! ;) :D *teehee*

you always do, so you could stop wearing make up :)

Anya82
03-03-2005, 09:10 AM
hmm.. ok..
just for you. :p ;) :D
hehe

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 09:13 AM
HOORAY!!! you>http://www.lowlandsteam.com/phpbb/images/smiles/kiss.gif<me

MirandaV
03-03-2005, 09:15 AM
I try to avoid wearing mascara, cuz it so fucks up my lashes.
I regulary (always) wear liquid eyeliner under my eye, from whole left to right.
And I don't usually wear eyeshadow, sometimes for partys.

And I'm fond lipgloss, and I really like lipstick too, hotred (not for usual, though) or just colours that arent much different from your natural colour, definitaly not lighter, it just looks weird.

But now I'd like to know what kinda eyeliner you all use (liquid, pencil, something else?)

And where you put it (in your eye, under your lashes, whatever) and from where to where?

Anya82
03-03-2005, 09:24 AM
HOORAY!!! you>http://www.lowlandsteam.com/phpbb/images/smiles/kiss.gif<me
oh, dammit!
this guy is just way too cute! he's lovely.. i want one of these for real! :D
hahaha

But now I'd like to know what kinda eyeliner you all use (liquid, pencil, something else?)

And where you put it (in your eye, under your lashes, whatever) and from where to where?
for daily use: i only wear a little mascara, i have long curly eyelashes, so, i don't need much.
terracota/pink tone blush.
and lipgloss.
and sometimes i use a thin line of gray eyeshadow below my eye, like an eyeliner. It makes my eyes look more interesting! :D

for parties, i use eyeshadow, and a thin line of black eyeshadow below my eye, and black liquid eyeliner above my eye.
and lipstick color.. depends on what i'm wearing, just like the eyeshadow

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 09:27 AM
oh, dammit!
this guy is just way too cute! he's lovely.. i want one of these for real! :D
hahaha

so get over here ;)

Anya82
03-03-2005, 09:40 AM
ok! and then we can move to our place, with our big yard, and our big screen tv to watch ducktales, with my huge fluffy snoopy :D
hahahaha

Izie
03-03-2005, 09:41 AM

Liner - pencil most of the time, I like it smudged a bit, not completely clear lines. For clear lines - liquid is good, but there's a thing that's something between the two, called liner feutre by bourjois, some other brands may have it too, but I dunno about it.

And on top lids, normally, above lashes, and on the lower lid, below lashes, and never in my eye, it wears out really fast there, plus it tends to get into my eyes and I wear lenses a lot so that's not good at all.
And most often lower lid - outer half; upper lid - the very outer corner, line going up making cat eyes :D Or sometimes all along both lids, but my favourite thing then is mixing up two colours, for instance black in the outer corner and silver in the inner corner (or dark/light blue, or whatever). Or just plain black, if I wanna look all scary, heh.

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 09:43 AM
ok! and then we can move to our place, with our big yard, and our big screen tv to watch ducktales, with my huge fluffy snoopy :D
hahahaha

we really should do that indeed :D

Ellie
03-03-2005, 09:45 AM
I'm wearing eyeliner. Right now. Mwhaha.

That's hot.

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 09:46 AM
I've painted my face blue right now, does that count? :rolleyes:

Ellie
03-03-2005, 09:47 AM
If you wanna be a Smurf, I suppose so.

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Great! The only thing i have to do now is changing my nickname from BuddyHolly to Smurf

Ellie
03-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Rockin'. Also post pix, please.

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 09:51 AM
http://www.smurfs.com/infos/who/01smurf.gif

Anya82
03-03-2005, 09:54 AM
http://www.smurfs.com/infos/who/01smurf.gif
darling, you look so sexy and hot without your shirt! hahahaha :D :D :D

Ellie
Hey. You changed your post. I was getting ready to avenge your death and everything.

But that cutie pie pic makes up for it.

Anya82
we really should do that indeed :D

that would be so, so, so fun! that would definetely rock! :D

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 09:55 AM
well i do go to the gym you know ;)

http://www.smurfs.com/infos/who/23costau.gif

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Hey. You changed your post. I was getting ready to avenge your death and everything.

But that cutie pie pic makes up for it.

i thought it was too soon to die ;)

Ellie
03-03-2005, 09:57 AM
i thought it was too soon to die ;)

Indeed. I'm guessing the world is a much better place with you in it. : )

Anya82
03-03-2005, 10:00 AM
well i do go to the gym you know ;)

http://www.smurfs.com/infos/who/23costau.gif

i have the sexiest e-bf ever :D
hehehehe :D

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 10:01 AM
well, at least i've got to get this old before i die-----> http://www.smurfs.com/infos/who/30vieux.gif

and you're right, the world IS a better place with me alive :p

4eh
03-03-2005, 10:36 AM
nah, girls' thread! :cool:

Anya82
03-03-2005, 10:38 AM
^ not true.
maybe there are some guys who use some kind of make up :)

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 10:38 AM
nah, girls' thread! :cool:

nah, i look hot with make up on. i never tried it but i just know i look hot all the time :p

Anya82
03-03-2005, 10:39 AM
you don't look hot....

you ARE hot ;)

you have pics of you with make up? i wanna see!!!!!!!

_ߥ_vil_
03-03-2005, 10:40 AM
nah, i look hot with make up on. i never tried it but i just know i look hot all the time :p

Lol.....Vainess is a good thing!!!
You're as bad as me! :D

I don't wear alot of makeup...just on my eyes

BuddyHolly
03-03-2005, 10:40 AM
and you ARE right ;)

Ellie
03-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Um, back to make-up (and sorry I got a bit off topic)

Are any of you loyal to a particular brand? I generally buy Maybelline products, but L'Oreal makes a concealer I like. Also, Wet and Wild is super cheap and sometimes the makeup reflects that, but I recently discovered its cream eye shadow is comparable to more expensive ones, quality wise, but only costs about $2, rather than the $6 or so other companies charge.

Also, what are the Top 5 must-haves in your make-up bag? In no particular order, mine are:

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in the good ol' green and pink tube
Rosebud Lip Balm
Tweezers
A sheer pinky blush that gives my cheeks just a hint of healthy color
A tube of L'Oreal concealer

Rag Doll
03-03-2005, 03:39 PM
I really only wear make-up on my eyes...except lip balm/gloss and a little bit of lipstick...but it's a color not far from my natural color.

i tend to use avon stuff, because then i get it delivered right to me & it is pretty good quality.

my top 5...
avon black waterproof mascara
avon black glimmersticks eyeliner
avon rose/grey eyeshadow quad
bath & body works sparkling melon lip balm
c.o. bigelow mint lip gloss

Betty
03-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Ooohhh... I can do that:
-Blistex mint lip balm (my favourite!)
-Cream foundation - I have always used Maybelline something oil free
-We are counting tweezers... then definitely... cause I do do my eyebrows
-Spectro gel - my hero
-NeoStrata skin toner
-Skin moisturizer... some complex 5 stuff
-Dental floss

Yup, I think that sums up my "make-up" and skin care regime.

Izie
03-03-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm not exactly loyal to brands, but the brand I usually ge, because of the products and the price/quality ratio would be Bourjois. L'oreal is also nice, but they don't have enough colours for me, I like it all vivid.

I'm in love with Dior make up though. Lancome is allright too, but Dior is make-up magic to me. I only have a few things (bloody expensive, I had to save quite an amount of money to buy em :/ Worth it though.), but I LOVE them.

Top 5 (things I actually carry around wherever I go)
Nail file
Labello, regular blue kind, nothing beats it
Some lipgloss/lipstick, depending on the day
Mirror
Perfume

Iddy
03-04-2005, 03:15 AM
i have naturally long lashes, and these dark shadows on my eye-lids :) my lips are already a reddy colour so i really have no need for make-up. I do wear eye-liner though.

Just a Girl
03-04-2005, 07:14 AM
my top 5...
- smudgeable black eyeliner (i found it in my make-up bag a while ago, no idea where it came from)
- maybelline black mascara
- vaseline (i'm too pale to wear lipstick plus i hate it, too heavy)
- tweezers
- one of those eyebrow shaping/lash-combing brush things

Sunny
03-04-2005, 08:03 AM
my favorites? hmm.

burt's bees strawberry flavored lip balm
clinique 'raspberry glace' lipstick
clinique 'plum tint' lipgloss
revlon 'ice black' liquid eyeliner
m.a.c 'beauty specked velvet' (i think) eyeshadow

Vera
03-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Max Factor some maximizing mascara or other.
Max Factor kajal, black.
Lumene eyeshadow.
A cover-up stick.

I used to have a light pencil or whatever you call those, really good for covering black rings around my eyes, but those cost so much I ended up not buying one anymore.

Nina
03-04-2005, 12:33 PM
nina's must-have make-up items:

1) my no-name black pencil eyeliner with silver glitter in it
2) RIMMEL eyeshadow in green
3) caramel-flavoured lipbalm i got from Sam (thaaankk yoouu again!)
4) no-name cherry-flavoured lip balm
5) Sabrina blush in beige

i have long black lashes, and i am not too keen on mascara anyway..
..so its not in my top five, i guess.

Rag Doll
03-04-2005, 04:40 PM
you are quite welcome, love. =)

Anya82
03-10-2005, 08:57 AM
see??? i DO look different with and without makeup!!
here's the proof!!! :

NO make up:
http://img232.exs.cx/img232/7553/nomakeup5rd.jpg

WITH make up:
http://img232.exs.cx/img232/4040/withmakeup6iu.jpg
i look bored in this last pic.
oh, well!