PDA

View Full Version : Mota Boy's Thought of the Day (3/1/05)

Mota Boy
03-01-2005, 11:01 AM
It is damn near impossible to hate a city at sunset. Even Baltimore looks beautiful in the light of a sinking sun (I don't know how it looks at night, I got the Hell outta there when I began to see stars). There's something about the way the golden light shines on skyscrapers and plate-glass windows reflect the colors of the sky that turns textbook examples of urban decay into staid monuments to past glory. The only possible exception is Monroe, Louisiana, the ugliest downtown I've ever witnessed, though those that live on the Eastern seaboard might scoff at the concept of a "city" of 53,000 people.

Trip Boy
03-01-2005, 11:02 AM
That was boarderline homo erotic.

Vera
03-02-2005, 02:38 AM
Mota Boy <3 sunsets, ohhh baby.

Piss off, fake.

the_GoDdEsS
03-05-2005, 01:19 AM
It's crazy that they're amazing even in cities. Especially when you live in a higher building and can see the whole city.
I wish I experienced the sunrise a little more often. I shouldn't sleep so much, it's a waste of time.

SicN Twisted
03-05-2005, 02:26 AM
I usually need to stay awake until sunrise in order to experience it. I happen to be lucky enough to have grown up in what I consider the two most beautiful cities in the world, so sunrise but be a bit hollywood, but fuck yeah, it's amazing. Baltimore can NEVER be beautiful, because it's a useless city. It's not the east coast, it's not the south, it's not even the widest - It's fuckin Baltimore, that city near DC that Berry Levinson made all those movies about.

Mota Boy
03-05-2005, 02:10 PM
I went to an Orioles game with a friend this summer and we hung out on the waterfront for a bit afterwards. The city has sunk all its money into that area, so it looks terrific. There's this marvelous boardwalk and a ton of boats moving in and out of the harbor. My friend was so enthralled by it that he said "Baltimore would be a great place to live." I cracked up.

But also, I love the crumbling buildings just a few blocks from the water. It's something amazing to see a tree growing the top corner of a crumbling tenement house. I thought the decay looked fascinating. Oh, and in regards to the confidence thread, walking with your head up, shoulders squared and a sense of purpose in your stride helps enormously for walking through the city at dusk.

SicN Twisted
03-05-2005, 02:15 PM
I used to go to Baltimore every summer, cause for some reason Phish never missed it on tour. The boardwalk is okay, but why bother if I live twnety minutes away from coney island.