PDA

View Full Version : lip rings

QUEEF
03-02-2005, 10:03 AM
I was thinking about peircing my other side of my lip by myself. Anyone ever done that? Does anyone know if it will get infected or what I should use to do it?

samr
03-02-2005, 10:04 AM
use a big rusty nail.

Sunny
03-02-2005, 10:06 AM
baaaaaaaad idea. eck.

QUEEF
03-02-2005, 10:12 AM
I know it is probably a bad idea but I want the other one so bad. I got the first one done by a friend who worked in a peircing shop but he moved and I'm too young to get it done proffessionaly so I figured I could try. I don't know about it yet though!

Naz
03-02-2005, 10:14 AM
I've pierced my ears myself but wouldnt go as far as body piercing.... :eek:

Wizard*SweetRockerGirl*
03-02-2005, 10:14 AM
um..as far as i kno lips are the least dangerous part of the body to be pierced but i suggest u to get help from a professional while doin it

RXP
03-02-2005, 10:15 AM
I've pierced my ears myself but wouldnt go as far as body piercing.... :eek:

Aren't your ears on your body?

DirtyMagical
03-02-2005, 10:20 AM
go to www.bmezine.com

Read people's DIY piercing experiences.
I've done all the piercings I ever had myself. None of them got infected.
It's not that hard, just go to a hospital and pick up sterilized needles.
And yeah, I pierced my lip myself too. It's doing just fine, never got infected, and only took a week to heal. I'd suggest using a straight barbel fist, since the ring would be hard to push after the needle.

QUEEF
03-02-2005, 10:24 AM
:) Cooleo dude. I want it so bad I think I might try.

DirtyMagical
03-02-2005, 10:29 AM
I really think you should read people DIY piercing experiences on that website though. That way you'll see what could possibly go wrong, and what you need to do for everything to go properly.

Oh, and make sure the gauge of the needle is same as the gauge of the jewellery you're putting in it, or you'll be spending a long time trying to get it through, even if you push it right behind the needle.

Rag Doll
03-02-2005, 10:33 AM
incredibly stupid idea. just wait til you can get it done professionally.

BuddyHolly
03-02-2005, 11:08 AM
i wouldn't pierce my lip myself (i have mine done by a pro). it's too hard, you can't get a good view on your lip and it's just stupid i guess :rolleyes: If you want to pierce yourself start with you ears

DirtyMagical
03-02-2005, 11:10 AM
It's only stupid, if you don't know what you're doing.

slit_wrists
iv pierced my ears and my nose on one side and there fine now but i got the rest of my piercins done proply. my mate did his own eyebrow and it went really icky!

UgLy_eLf
Anything you do at home WILL result in an infection. I did all of my piercings myself, all got infected.

My lip, I did with a fucking safety pin at 5 am when I was delusional. This was a failure because you need to keep the pin in your mouth for atleast three days for the hole to stay open, if you take it out before those three or so days are up, it'll close up, and might close up around your infection causing all sorts of problems.

You might hit a vein, or worse an artery causing you to go to the hospital if it doesnt stop bleeding.

Using professional needles (hollow needles) doesn't work any better, you're going to get an infection no matter what.

I used all types of sterilization techniques none worked, could just be my bodies horrible anti-body system, I don't know but I don't advise doing it on your own.

Rag Doll
03-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Are you a professional, DM? No? Then you don't really know what you're doing. You most likely just lucked out in not fucking something up totally. No offense, but really. One of my best friends is a pro piercer and you would not believe the horror stories she's told me about people attempting to pierce themselves... =\

Sunny
03-02-2005, 11:26 AM
in addition to what ugly_elf said... isn't it true that if you don't know where exactly to pierce, you can hit a nerve and cause permanent damage (possibly paralysis of some facial muscles)?

DirtyMagical
03-02-2005, 11:32 AM
Are you a professional, DM? No? Then you don't really know what you're doing. You most likely just lucked out in not fucking something up totally. No offense, but really. One of my best friends is a pro piercer and you would not believe the horror stories she's told me about people attempting to pierce themselves... =\

I myself am not, but I know a few, and I've read quite a lot about it.
I must be lucky to have "lucked out" 26 times, y0.
I don't see how you could fuck it up, if you do it correctly.

DirtyMagical
03-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Anything you do at home WILL result in an infection. I did all of my piercings myself, all got infected.

My lip, I did with a fucking safety pin at 5 am when I was delusional. This was a failure because you need to keep the pin in your mouth for atleast three days for the hole to stay open, if you take it out before those three or so days are up, it'll close up, and might close up around your infection causing all sorts of problems.

You might hit a vein, or worse an artery causing you to go to the hospital if it doesnt stop bleeding.

Using professional needles (hollow needles) doesn't work any better, you're going to get an infection no matter what.

I used all types of sterilization techniques none worked, could just be my bodies horrible anti-body system, I don't know but I don't advise doing it on your own.

Hollow needles do work MUCH better. You don't need to wait at all to insert the jewellery, so I don't see how they would allow an infection.
And you don't have to sterilze shit yourself. If you go to a hospital, they give you sterilized hollow piercing needles all the things you need to clean the piercing and the skin with, the lube for the needle, and if you bring in your jewellery they will sterilize it for you properly. for free.

Naz
03-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Aren't your ears on your body?

They arent classified as body piercing though. aka tongue, eyebrow, navel etc...

Ears arent exactly as dangerous to pierce unlike your eyebrow or something, could fuck your eye up!

JoY
03-02-2005, 11:54 AM
I was thinking about peircing my other side of my lip by myself. Anyone ever done that? Does anyone know if it will get infected or what I should use to do it?
a friend of mine did that. she used a heated, sterilised (with alcohol) needle & held a cork on the other side. she had only a small infection afterwards, but that soon was over. I think she was pretty lucky, though. you can mess up with these real bad. I think that Mags raised a very important point. you really do need to know where exactly to pierce yourself.

Almighy_gir
03-02-2005, 11:57 AM

as far as i know you dont have any arteries in your face :P and veins dont bleed that much, however, lips and eyebrows bleed a lot anyway (hence why wrestlers cut themselves there, gives good effect :P).

and if you want to steralize whatever it is your piercing yourself with, make it super hot (using a lighter or stove w/ever), this will make it hard to actually pierce yourself, but at least it will seal the wound on entry (itll sting like a fucker too)

Sunny
03-02-2005, 11:58 AM
meh, QUEEF seems pretty convinced she wants to do it anyway.

oh well, even if people want to give themselves tattoos with sharpie ink and a sewing machine... it's their problem.

Vicky
03-02-2005, 12:03 PM
I had my lip done twice by a pro.. the first one went fine, but the second got swelled really badly and infected, and i had to change the lip bar to an even longer one as it'd swelled too much and wouldn't stop bleeding. Its not even that expensive, unless you're desperate to get a nice infected lip..?

the_GoDdEsS
03-02-2005, 12:12 PM
I had a fake one and am not convinced it looked that good. So I prefer to have my face free of metal except for my ears.
One of my friends does his piercings himself too. He did his chin by himself as well. But seems like he can do it real well.

Rag Doll
03-02-2005, 02:32 PM
http://www.safepiercing.org/index.html

at least read through that if you're so set on doing this.

Reefer
03-02-2005, 02:44 PM
why don't you just get a proffessional to do it?

I got mine done and no problems at all.

Skate Rat 19
03-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Theres nothing wrong with getting it pierced its just if your not a professional you could really hurt yourself.

QUEEF
03-02-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't know know how long it's been because I've been off the computer but I'll write back anyways. The reason why I don't do it pro. is because I'm too young. Thanks a lot though guys because hearing all that shit maybe helped me in my choice. :)

UgLy_eLf
03-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Ok sterilization:

You take it to the hospital, are you going to pierce yourself there? Probably not, you take it home, as soon as you get home theres bacteria in the air theres no avoiding it unless you're in a room that has been completely sterilized and has vents to protect you from bacteria in the air. You wash your hands you pierce yourself, it still can get to you, once again also depending on your bodies system, I have a very poor immune system, which is why I get infections so easily.

Yeah you can hit a nerve, this is most likely if you're doing your eyebrow though, if you go too far in you can lose feeling to half your face, but you would have to dig that sucker in far.

Arteries carry blood throughout your body from your heart and veins carry blood back to your heart, I doubt you dont have arteries in your face or you'd be blue and dead.

DirtyMagical
03-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Ok sterilization:

You take it to the hospital, are you going to pierce yourself there? Probably not, you take it home, as soon as you get home theres bacteria in the air theres no avoiding it unless you're in a room that has been completely sterilized and has vents to protect you from bacteria in the air. You wash your hands you pierce yourself, it still can get to you, once again also depending on your bodies system, I have a very poor immune system, which is why I get infections so easily.

Yeah you can hit a nerve, this is most likely if you're doing your eyebrow though, if you go too far in you can lose feeling to half your face, but you would have to dig that sucker in far.

Arteries carry blood throughout your body from your heart and veins carry blood back to your heart, I doubt you dont have arteries in your face or you'd be blue and dead.

Um, when they sterilize it they put the jewellery in a sealed container. And the needle comes in a sealed, air/anything else proof package. So no air touches it, let along bacteria.

Rag Doll
03-02-2005, 08:16 PM
I don't know of any hospitals around here that would do that. Sterilize jewelry and such. Maybe it's a canadian thing and not done in the US? Or just not done around here...

UgLy_eLf
03-02-2005, 08:22 PM
It gets opened at home doesnt it? I doubt anyones house is squeeky clean. Especially the air in it. You're just better off getting it done by a pro, I did all of mine alone, all resulted in infection, which I didnt mind so much I knew how to care for it, sleeping was a BITCH though (I sleep on my side.) Now I've got ear cheese and I cant clean it up no matter what I use, ear cheese is nastay.

DirtyMagical
03-02-2005, 08:24 PM
It gets opened at home doesnt it? I doubt anyones house is squeeky clean. Especially the air in it. You're just better off getting it done by a pro, I did all of mine alone, all resulted in infection, which I didnt mind so much I knew how to care for it, sleeping was a BITCH though (I sleep on my side.) Now I've got ear cheese and I cant clean it up no matter what I use, ear cheese is nastay.

Well, actually they give you a towel to put all the shit on, and gloves to wear while opening and preparing everything, and then another pair of gloves to wear while performing the actual piercing.

DirtyMagical
03-02-2005, 08:30 PM
I don't know of any hospitals around here that would do that. Sterilize jewelry and such. Maybe it's a canadian thing and not done in the US? Or just not done around here...

You know what, I think it might be... We have the whole free health care thing, so that might be the reason the hospitals in UK don't do that.

UgLy_eLf
03-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Well, actually they give you a towel to put all the shit on, and gloves to wear while opening and preparing everything, and then another pair of gloves to wear while performing the actual piercing.

Haha I think that's pretty ILLEGAL here, they cant hand a 14 yr old a hollow needle, gloves and say "Thar you go, now have fun mutilating yourself."

DirtyMagical
03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Haha I think that's pretty ILLEGAL here, they cant hand a 14 yr old a hollow needle, gloves and say "Thar you go, now have fun mutilating yourself."

Hm, I thought you were from Montreal.. =/
Well they give out kits because they know some people will do it anyways, and they might as well provide a safe way for them to do it.

JohnnyNemesis
03-02-2005, 08:45 PM
oh well, even if people want to give themselves tattoos with sharpie ink and a sewing machine... it's their problem.
...Heyyyyyyyyyyy! Now THERE is an idea!

DM...what's up, lovely lady?

Camilamazed
03-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Hell No.... You should get someone to do that... ;)

xoxrandomnessxox
06-30-2006, 09:04 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/1206sk/lip.jpg

I pierced my lip by myself.
Im a dumbass 16-yr old.

I used a sewing needle.
(cleaned with rubbing alcohol)
And I have a FAKE Walmart lip ring.
WOW im not dead [yet].

You all have choices.
Sitting your ass on a computer
and talking about what you're going to do
isn't as constructive as doing it.

Affraid of needles/infections?
Get it perfessionally done.

Too young?
Get permission from your parents.
Wait until your legal.
Or Pierce it youself.
Go buy needles on ebay.
haha :]

noodlesfan
06-30-2006, 09:55 PM
use a safety pin (lol at inside joke)

JoY
07-01-2006, 02:44 AM
this topic is amazingly old. what the hell is it doing up here?

ninthlayer
07-01-2006, 04:20 AM
Because some scenester slitsbag bumped it.

the_GoDdEsS
07-01-2006, 04:27 AM
I'm highly suspicious it's either somebody related to noodlesfan or noodlesfan himself. Tard.

noodlesfan
07-01-2006, 07:36 AM
1. you can check the IP Address

2. i'm far too lazy to register another account, or even sign off of this one, i just saw it on the front page and decided to put in my own safety pin propoganda.

Rocky-girl
07-01-2006, 08:39 AM
I haven't pirsing my lip, but I spited my friend's ear. As I thing you need one good friend and alchohol, not much, but not to feel pain very much.

xoxrandomnessxox
07-01-2006, 08:45 AM
ninthlayfucker- Don't call me names if you don't know me.
Fighting over the internet is rediculous.

No. Im not related to ANYONE here..
I just did a search on lip rings on Yahoo for some info.
This forum thing popped up.
Then I read it and kinda laughed at
how paranoid people can be with the whole artery thing. lol
I mean seriously..
How can you read all of that and not laugh :o

By the way,
since I searched this on yahoo,
I had NO IDEA how old the topic was.
Sorry.

JoY
07-01-2006, 09:04 AM
paranoid? so partial paralysis, infections, sepsis - no biggy? there IS a risk & not any dumbass can pierce him-/herself. you have to know what you're doing, you're making HOLE in your own body, so you have to know exactly what you're doing. unless, of course, you don't give a fuck about your body & health.

noodlesfan
07-01-2006, 09:05 AM
that's why i take my pins out after an hour or two and disinfect with iodine pads

the_GoDdEsS
07-01-2006, 09:12 AM
And you had to register and post here? Why don't you go on some stupid piercing forums instead to whore your obsession and talk about how you stick needles through your lips?

Rocky-girl
07-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Haha, Simona, you don't betray to yourself, now it's very reraly)))

ninthlayer
07-01-2006, 03:12 PM
I don't need to/wouldn't want to know you, I already know your type. GG though. go whore elsewhere.

JohnnyNemesis
07-01-2006, 03:13 PM

Fucking WIN! OH YES!

JoY
07-01-2006, 06:28 PM
yeah, I wondered when someone was going to say something about the irony of that. pwning yourself, that's true beauty. (from another's standing point)

Edit: me suck. I can't type in this state.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Her username is xoxrandomnessxox. I think we can judge her pretty darn well. Plus, she writes in pink.