PDA

View Full Version : The Military, The Draft, Denmark, and Myself

wheelchairman
03-03-2005, 02:05 AM
So I just went to my 'session' to see if I was qualified enough for military service in Denmark. You don't really have a choice in Denmark, because everyone has to serve unless they are conscientious objectors. And seeing as I could probably learn something from being in the military instead of picking up trash on the streets, I decided not to be a conscientious objector. About half of the Danish youth don't live up to the standards.

So curse my excellent eye sight, hearing, mental abilities, and physical fitness.

The upside is, there isn't enough spots for everyone, so we have to draw numbers. I won't find out if my number was 'lucky' until August. But let's hope I can avoid 4 months of living on a military base.

RXP
03-03-2005, 02:08 AM
On the contary, I think it would be valued experience.

Evilbaboon
03-03-2005, 02:19 AM
i must agree with rxp

wheelchairman
03-03-2005, 02:30 AM
Agreeing with RXP doesn't make your opinion as respectable.

And RXP, there are definitely things I could learn in the military. I just would rather not go in the military.

Evilbaboon
03-03-2005, 02:37 AM
seeing as I could probably learn something from being in the military instead of picking up trash on the streets, I decided not to be a conscientious objector.

then you go on to bitch about not wanting to be in the military, if you wanna learn something from the aramy fine, if not then why sign up you could have been a conscientious objector?

There that a more valid respose?

wheelchairman
03-03-2005, 02:43 AM
then you go on to bitch about not wanting to be in the military, if you wanna learn something from the aramy fine, if not then why sign up you could have been a conscientious objector?

There that a more valid respose?
I explained why I don't want to be a conscientious objector. Because it'd be the same amount of time doing even more menial work. It's not truly a matter of choice here. I can pick up trash in the city or do it in a military base.

Evilbaboon
03-03-2005, 02:49 AM
fair enough, the post did read like your choice was picking up rubish or the army it read like your day job, i concure the army is the better option, its not like hollands going to go to war anytime soon anyways

sKratch
03-03-2005, 05:16 AM
Because the Danish army would rush to their assistance?

hehehehe danish army
*see breakfast pastires march down the streets*

the_GoDdEsS
03-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Crap. Compulsory here too. My friend in Russia bribed his doctor. =p Because Russian military is no good. And phew, I was happy he did not go. And I had a good laugh because he's a hilarious dude.

Noodles is gay
03-04-2005, 02:05 PM
aren't you intelligent enough to be part of an intelligence corps? hence not as dangerous.

SicN Twisted
03-04-2005, 04:07 PM
If you don't wanna serve, then object. I'm sure your social and political views don't go along with the general attitude expected in a soldier.

Endymion
03-04-2005, 04:59 PM
he said he'd rather server than do whatever community service they force upon you if you don't serve.

boy, i'd rather live in a free country.

HornyPope
03-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Dannish military is compulsory? Wow I thought you guys were like uber peaceniks.

Vera
03-05-2005, 04:44 AM
Civil servant?

Let's all be glad we don't live in Israel. It's two years there and also concerns girls.

Endymion
03-05-2005, 11:53 AM
if per gets in i'll figure some way to start ww3.

Faust
03-05-2005, 12:14 PM
So I just went to my 'session' to see if I was qualified enough for military service in Denmark. You don't really have a choice in Denmark, because everyone has to serve unless they are conscientious objectors. And seeing as I could probably learn something from being in the military instead of picking up trash on the streets, I decided not to be a conscientious objector. About half of the Danish youth don't live up to the standards.

So curse my excellent eye sight, hearing, mental abilities, and physical fitness.

The upside is, there isn't enough spots for everyone, so we have to draw numbers. I won't find out if my number was 'lucky' until August. But let's hope I can avoid 4 months of living on a military base.

I was in special forces and it was damn tough, but I don`t regret my choice, I got a few life lasting friends and loads of awesome experiences of how much pain and mental pressure a man can actually take before loosing his mind. no, I`m not a masochist. it`s just so great to outdo your own limits and find new sides of yourself. know yourself.

JoY
03-04-2006, 12:23 PM
fair enough, the post did read like your choice was picking up rubish or the army it read like your day job, i concure the army is the better option, its not like hollands going to go to war anytime soon anyways
what the crap?

your spelling has been pretty.. interesting in this topic. but the content of this post made me raise my eyebrow *that* much higher.

JoY
03-04-2006, 12:25 PM
I was in special forces and it was damn tough, but I don`t regret my choice, I got a few life lasting friends and loads of awesome experiences of how much pain and mental pressure a man can actually take before loosing his mind. no, I`m not a masochist. it`s just so great to outdo your own limits and find new sides of yourself. know yourself.
those are the exact arguments we use to justify the first period in which you *try* to become a member of our fraternity/sorority.

Tizzalicious
03-04-2006, 12:26 PM
He seems to think Denmark = Holland?

And no war?