PDA

View Full Version : Something ironic about the Motorcycle Diaries

SicN Twisted
03-05-2005, 01:28 PM
I saw it last night - well made movie, good acting, good entiment. I noticed something ironic, though, that made me laugh. El Che creates a revolution because he believes in freeing his people from injustice, his revolution succeeds, capitalism in destroyed in Cuba, yay! Che dies in Bolivia, and his revolution turns to complete shit, Cuba continues to be oppressed and America sells El Che back to us on DVD, because the shirts and Rage Against the Machine Albums just weren't quite doing it. I admire Che, but when directed at the Cuban Communists, it's like poetic justice for betraying their revolution.

Leo_ARG
03-05-2005, 01:38 PM
El Che Guevara is a good example on how communism isn't a threat for the system...

here in Argentina you see a lot of guys with a jersey with his face because it's the last fashion.They dream they are el Che, and when they wake up they are being exploted by capitalism and do nothing about it.Just day-dreaming.

Luckily, this hasen't happened with anarchism.

HornyPope
03-05-2005, 07:24 PM
I was reading that the como Che fashion was at it's peak in the late 60s. I can only imagine the fuss over him back then. Today is nothing.

/still haven't watched the movie.

SicN Twisted
03-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Jim Carroll? Certainly not - I'm a much better poet musician then him, fuck all that pretentious crap. Being a street junkie doesn't automatically make someone William S. Burroughs.

Mota Boy
03-07-2005, 02:43 PM
I was reading that the como Che fashion was at it's peak in the late 60s. I can only imagine the fuss over him back then. Today is nothing.
Go to South America - Che is fuckin' everywhere there.

SicN Twisted
03-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Lies aren't very damaging unless you lie about having AIDS specifically to scare people to death.

HornyPope
03-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Go to South America - Che is fuckin' everywhere there.

http://tinypic.com/21r47c

But La revolucion didn't carry on.

SicN Twisted
03-08-2005, 10:59 AM
No, he didn't. We're talking about the damaging scale of lies. He's never implied that it's morally wrong to do so, just that's it's damaging.

SicN Twisted
03-08-2005, 12:21 PM
I just have a dense dislike for morals and ethics. Pardon me.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-08-2005, 12:23 PM
I just have a dense dislike for morals and ethics. Pardon me.
Why is that?

SicN Twisted
03-08-2005, 12:25 PM
They're completely reletive do the times. What ethical two hundred years ago is meaningless now, and what was unethical in the middle ages is common and accepted now. Ethics is oversimplified logic.

SicN Twisted
03-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Values aren't human. We're been killing each other inr ecord numbers for material gain since the dawn of civilization, what's all this about values?

babycraze{Angie}
03-08-2005, 12:45 PM
^^ Back on topic. . .Motorcycle Diaries is one of THE best movies I've seen since White Oleander & Fidel: The Castro Project. Ever since my viewing of Fidel: The Castro Project I've been getting more interested into the happenings in Cuba. . .I'm hoping to really visit there. . .Even if the economic sytem isn't exactly like mine (America.) Would a better advantage to get away from being in the same country with the same bullshit, & being able to view what other people's country is like, and maybe I can DO something about it. But then again, that's IF I live to see that day. . .Nonetheless, I found the movie very interesting + very historic, better than the usual "George Washington was our very 1st president of the United States of America. . .Remember: Christopher Columbus was our founder." Ughh, anything new?

~Bush Won WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!~

SicN Twisted
03-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Wow, dusky, you are the most pretentious person I've ever spoken to. Can't we talk about ANYTHING without you bringing metaphysics isn't it? The new age mystic bullshit you're describing to me has nothing to with values. Life and death, and emotions, and complex things that cannot be simplified into "right and "wrong," while values are reletive reflections of society.

SicN Twisted
03-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Geez spare us this self rightious monologue - NOBODY CARES.

Although I must admit, from your avatar, you're not bad looking.

Leo_ARG
03-08-2005, 07:39 PM
I am with her in this one.Sic, stop with that nihilistic BS.

What's wrong or right comes from your feelings, not from the laws.The only law I care about is the human nature one.
We all now what's right and what's wrong...there could be disagreements(as for example abortion),but most things are obvious, you can't deny that killing somebody is wrong.
As Malatesta said it's not right to impose your will to rest of mankind.
It's logical, can't mess with other people freedom...

That's not hippie, just human.

SicN Twisted
03-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Feelings are feelings. Someone can believe deep in their heart that it's morally just to capture children and keep them as slaves to sell to your friends to fuck and tes tinteresting IV drug combinations on. Other believe it's immoral not to go to church - actually, the greater part of humanity believes that for several hundred years. Personal feelings are one thing, morals and ethics are what people believe are transcendently right or wrong, which is complete bullshit.

SicN Twisted
03-09-2005, 12:10 PM
I called you self rightious and pretentious. I never called you stupid, so you should thank me, cause you actually have character to insult, instead of none what so ever. Your welcome by the way.

SicN Twisted
03-11-2005, 12:49 PM
If I looked like you I'd be even more arrogant.

SicN Twisted
03-12-2005, 01:29 AM
That was obviously an attention post, despite it's mildly sarcastic preface, but I'll play. You seriously are one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen, and I'd happily fuck the silly metaphysical notions out of you.

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2005, 09:33 AM
I'd make out with her if I had a bottle of spirits in me. But that's about it.

Holy shit. I wouldn't touch you.

SicN Twisted
03-12-2005, 11:54 AM
I'd make out with her if I had a bottle of spirits in me. But that's about it.

I'd make out with YOU if I had a bottle of spirits in me.

SicN Twisted
03-12-2005, 12:57 PM
A full bottle of everclear would make ANYONE bi. But now that I think of it, even if I was passed out in a puddle of my own puke I'd have the reflexes and violently disuade the advances of an ocker in a pink mohawk.

SicN Twisted
03-12-2005, 02:37 PM
I think she's more the tantric sex type. That would be nice.

SicN Twisted
03-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Justin would not smile back, he seems to be more the fiendish grin type. Tantric sex is quite complicated to explain, it's sex where the main objective is to create a spiritual bond and a flow of energy. The orgasm is not the main goal, rather, prolonging it. Seems like your type thing. Although you'd be comming to my place, I always get lost when I go to Lyon and don't particularly enjoy going there for any reason.

the_GoDdEsS
03-14-2005, 12:10 PM
How you do run on... you really are full of gas, you paunchy rump-fed lout.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/Duskygrin/4.jpg
Yes, that means screw you.

Maria

Sky, as you can see your thread has turned into a "Post Pictures of yourself, Maria!" thread. Congrats on that.

And I had to quote you French lady because you might edit or delete your post after my reply. Like you always do.

the_GoDdEsS
03-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Don't say I'm worthless. Please don't. Please heed me this time, this time at least! I'm not worthless just because of that. You, of all people, should know.

Maria

Just thought I'd quote you before you edit/delete this.

Maria you're totally contradicting yourself, especially when it comes to feelings. Do you know who you are at least?
Also, grow the hell up and stop caring about what people think about you. It's so immature I want to cry.

the_GoDdEsS
03-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Goddess, either you're jealous orjust craving for my attention. Just scram. I don't want to hear what comes out of your trap.

Maria

Okay, I admit it. I'm terribly jealous of you being pathetic, insecure and then acting like a 'femme fatale' and possibly having multiple personality disorder.
I'm so jealous. You're my heroine!

the_GoDdEsS
03-15-2005, 11:15 AM
You're the first male who's insulted me so. If that's your way of saying you're in love with me, you're a sucker.

Maria

Yes, he's in love with worthless people. Stop breaking his heart like that.

the_GoDdEsS
03-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Do you have any idea how a femme fatale acts? It's just a rhetorical question, pursed-lips. You needn't answer it.

Maria

Yes and based on how you act here I do not think you'd make a good one.

the_GoDdEsS
03-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey, schoolmarm... you bore me.

I'm glad you have no other argument to defend yourself with.