PDA

View Full Version : Ska Thread!

ihatechrissneed
10-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Discuss ska and ska punk here
www.householdnamerecords.co.uk (http://www.householdnamerecords.co.uk)
go to that site for loads of cool ska punk bands like the filaments, captain everything, howards alias etc. Band bios and mp3s from the bands

Jojan
10-21-2004, 08:59 AM
I like The Madness!

fred
10-21-2004, 09:05 AM
Yea they're cool!

Dirty_Sanchez
10-21-2004, 10:16 AM
I don't like SKA...but I love NOFX SKA stuff like Eat The Meek... :cool:

Chris
10-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Undoubtedly one of the best uk labels - gotta check out Ye Wiles - the fiddleness is just immense
Also worth checking out Sonic Boom Six and No Comply, two very talented and diverse bands on the rise - we really do have it good here in the UK.

ihatechrissneed
10-21-2004, 10:59 AM
Undoubtedly one of the best uk labels - gotta check out Ye Wiles - the fiddleness is just immense
Also worth checking out Sonic Boom Six and No Comply, two very talented and diverse bands on the rise - we really do have it good here in the UK.
no comply are awesome, have you heard captain everything and leftover crack?

Chris
10-21-2004, 11:35 AM
I prefer chocking victim to leftover crack myself, but captain everything are pretty neat - seen em a few times, but they tour far too much! Bit too much exposure if you ask me but the singers just crazy

ihatechrissneed
10-21-2004, 11:42 AM
I prefer chocking victim to leftover crack myself, but captain everything are pretty neat - seen em a few times, but they tour far too much! Bit too much exposure if you ask me but the singers just crazy
I've seen the crack twice live and yes choking victim are awesome! Have you heard 18 visions?
I'm going to see the filaments in hengelo (dutchland :D ) about 2 hours away from where i live!

btw, check out asob (arrogant sons of bastards) they're an awesome live band!

Chris
10-21-2004, 11:53 AM
well if you're gonna be like that, you gotta check out the SB6 here (http://www.sonicboomsix.co.uk/) - although as the sites new, you can download an mp3 off the moon ska europe site - enjoy.

killboybowerhead
10-21-2004, 08:48 PM
I don't like SKA...but I love NOFX SKA stuff like Eat The Meek... :cool:

I agree. only ska i like is mad caddies and old dropkick but i think it gets boring

punk_flamingo
10-21-2004, 08:54 PM
i frigging love ska music....esp reel big fish, mighty mighty bosstones, madness, the porkers, voodoo glow skulls.

It'll never be as awesome as punk, but its definately up there :)

Chris
10-22-2004, 03:35 PM
its all about mixing it up and keeping it fresh - nothing like a bit of genre terrorism