PDA

View Full Version : rock gon soft

foxy
03-06-2005, 01:45 AM
do you think punk and rock music should have been comercilised like it is now co it really anoys me walking round school watching people listening to green day nofx offspring others thinking there hard core fans when just last week they were listening to britany spears and the closest they came to rock is busted or mc fly and they both suck. and i think that punk and rock music has got soft because of it if you listen to a green day album lets say nimrod and then listen to american idiot, american idiot is like RnB any way i was wondering if you thaght this as well :mad:
(i dont know if this sud be in dis part of the forum but it here now)

sk8ter-hater
03-06-2005, 01:51 AM
It's not that rock has gone soft, It's that many gay bands like Greenday and Jimmy Eat World ans Maroo 5 have come to fame.

offspringintenselyrock
03-07-2005, 09:42 AM
" thinking there hard core fans when just last week they were listening to britany spears and the closest they came to rock is busted or mc fly and they both suck. "
Well at least they've seen the light now. Better now than never...

offspringintenselyrock
03-07-2005, 09:45 AM
It's not that rock has gone soft, It's that many gay bands like Greenday and Jimmy Eat World ans Maroo 5 have come to fame.
Maroon 5 annoy me...loads of rocky people I know like them, and I can't understand why!Plus they were being played all night at my meeting place/youth club/someplace that I like(dunno what to call it) and it was so annoying....rar!

Tijs
03-07-2005, 10:11 AM
thinking there hard core fans when just last week they were listening to britany spears

So if you listen to Britney Spears you can't be fan of a rock band? Why's that exactly?

offspringintenselyrock
03-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Hm that's true...although they couldn't really be a part of the 'rock society', because rock is against people like Britney Spears.

HeadAroundU
03-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Ups I like "I was born to make you happy"
so I'm not punk anymore :D

original_psycho
03-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Well soooory if I like Green Day, Jimmy Eat World, Green Day and Maroon 5! Guess I suck...

EDIT: Forgot to add that I also like Maroon 5

Iddy
03-07-2005, 02:12 PM
so what?

if that really annoys you, i suggest getting a hobby. seriously, theres much more irritating things in the world than that. what about NF skinheads firebombing take-aways or one time offenders getting murdered in prison.... get some perspective on things... it may make you feel better.

btw.. i like maroon 5, and i don't care :P

gradeA
03-07-2005, 06:02 PM
do you think punk and rock music should have been comercilised like it is now co it really anoys me walking round school watching people listening to green day nofx offspring others thinking there hard core fans when just last week they were listening to britany spears and the closest they came to rock is busted or mc fly and they both suck. and i think that punk and rock music has got soft because of it if you listen to a green day album lets say nimrod and then listen to american idiot, american idiot is like RnB any way i was wondering if you thaght this as well :mad:
(i dont know if this sud be in dis part of the forum but it here now)
the descent bands have stayed true to their roots. (i.e. nofx, somewhat offspring, social distortion)
the reason many mainstream punk bands suck is because they are only interested in fame and money.

coke_a_holic
03-07-2005, 06:10 PM
What I dont like is the kids who hate everything. Theres this one kid who likes some cool bands (Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Ramones) and hates all others (Offspring, Green Day, Guns n Roses) it pisses the shit out of my everytime I wear my Guns n Roses shirt to be reminded "how much they suck." Its like great, its called an opinion, dude.

foxy
03-08-2005, 10:56 AM
ok
1. i never said i h8ed green day jimmy eat world guns and roses etc i think there gr8 (not maroon 5)
2. i also am not tellin you u cant have an opinion
3. wot im tryin to say is how can you b a proper rocker if you like people like britany spears who clearly arnt rock ( and im not saying you cant like rock bands either)
:mad: