PDA

View Full Version : Sarcasm.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
03-06-2005, 05:25 AM
I think that i sometimes use sarcasm just because i dont know what else to say.

original_psycho
03-06-2005, 05:29 AM
Sometimes I use sarcasm so I could show the person I'm talking to how stupid his/hers statement was. And sometimes to be funny.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
03-06-2005, 05:45 AM
Yes yes, that too. But sometimes when im having a serious conversation with someone, i get insecure and start being sarcastic. Fuckin pathetic it is.

original_psycho
03-06-2005, 05:47 AM
Yeah, it happend to me a couple of times.
It usually happens when I'm sleepy or angry and I don't wanna talk, so I become sarcastic.

intothevalleyofdeath
03-06-2005, 05:54 AM
sarcasm is the gayest thing in the world

MindlessSelfIndulgent
03-06-2005, 06:10 AM
Yess, i always wanted to be gay. Ive heard its smart.

original_psycho
03-06-2005, 06:12 AM
sarcasm is the gayest thing in the world
Ha!
I told you that I'm gay.

Aimeht
03-06-2005, 06:41 AM
I like sarcasm. Sarcasm is good.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
03-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Not when you cant have a serious conversation without screwing it all up with it.

Snoopy
03-06-2005, 06:57 AM
hooray for sarcasm!

and for my first post on this forum in the year 2005. :cool:

saska de o...
03-06-2005, 07:11 AM
yeah sarcasm.... im very often sarcastic :)

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

And for this reason, I use it like it's going out of fashion.

Noodles is gay
03-06-2005, 09:36 AM
I like sarcasm, but it doesn't work very well on msn - people just believe you! It's fucking funny.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Oh yeah. Hilarious.

Yes, I see what you mean.

Noodles is gay
03-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Oh yeah. Hilarious.

Yes, I see what you mean.

no, it CAN be very funny - i'm like "no, i never do that" and then person i'm talking to gets all weird and, ok maybe not funny, but odd

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Congratulations, you've gone 3 posts without mentioning weed.

Man, sarcasm rules.

Nina
03-06-2005, 09:58 AM
...i dont know.
i like irony a lot...THAT can be amusing at times. whereas
sarcasm is meant to hurt people, or just say something
negative to them/to what they say/to what they do. i am
not a big fan of it, and i dont try to use sarcasm often
(sometimes i cant help it, though).
still *do* like irony.

Vera
03-06-2005, 10:01 AM
How is sarcasm meant to hurt people? Everyone says/does stupid things sometimes. Sarcasm is used to point it out, not to be all "HAHAHAH YOU SUCK, YOU ARE STUPID AND PATHETIC!".

Nina
03-06-2005, 10:02 AM
err, i did add something to that. i didnt just say that it
was only supposed to hurt people.

Vera
03-06-2005, 10:09 AM
I just don't see how anyone can take sarcasm hurtfully. It can be annoying at times, you try to explain something and someone goes all sarcastic on you, but hurtful or offensive? Hmm, can't see that.

the_GoDdEsS
03-06-2005, 10:10 AM
I like it. I love the way certain people can play with words and totally outsmart others. My way of humour in real life can be very nasty and mean sometimes although I generally make a nice impression. I just like mocking some people.

Nina
03-06-2005, 10:14 AM
I just don't see how anyone can take sarcasm hurtfully. It can be annoying at times, you try to explain something and someone goes all sarcastic on you, but hurtful or offensive? Hmm, can't see that.

pointing out how stupid something you have said is, or
pointing out how dumb something you have DONE is, can
be hurtful to many people (it obviously depends how you
tell them, and especially when said sarcastically it can
be offensive). i dunno what people you live with but i've
seen tons of people behave hurt after a sarcastic comment. i
see it as a common thing. maybe you're just lucky -shrug-

Mannen som blev en gris
03-06-2005, 10:20 AM
I'm always sarcastic. I think I'm sarcastic because I don't "dare" being serious. I just can't have a conversation with a friend without being sarcastic or ironic. Sometimes they don't know if I'm serious or not. They say I sound the same sarcastic as I do serious. Personally I don't think so.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
03-06-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm always sarcastic. I think I'm sarcastic because I don't "dare" being serious. I just can't have a conversation with a friend without being sarcastic or ironic. Sometimes they don't know if I'm serious or not. They say I sound the same sarcastic as I do serious. Personally I don't think so.

Thats me exactly. Its kinda sad that people cant tell whether im being sarcastic or not. Plus, they rarely tell me. So i cant really be sure if they understand me or not. Some people are just convinced that i hate them, cause they take everything i say seriously. Eventhough im being sarcastic 89% of the time.

Inshane
03-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Im known for being sarcastic a lot. And I sometimes manage to really hurt people doing so. Im quite happy my boyfriend is the same, so we can annoy the hell out of eachother. just a conversation we had earlier that made me smile.

he; 'You're sweet'
me; 'You aren't, Im sorry I dont like the way you look.'
he; 'Oh fuck off, little midget'
me; 'I know some more small things around here.'
he; 'You are such a fucked up slut, I hate you'
and this is the part where he picks me up and smashes me against something innocent standing near.

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 11:48 AM

Sometimes I make random threads that annoy people for no reason at all, too.

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 11:49 AM
I like it. I love the way certain people can play with words and totally outsmart others. My way of humour in real life can be very nasty and mean sometimes although I generally make a nice impression. I just like mocking some people.

I outsmart people alot like that, too. The smarter/ better with the language a person is, the better he/she is at it.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
03-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Thats not outsmarting people, thats just making a total fool of yourself.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-07-2005, 06:00 AM
Thats me exactly. Its kinda sad that people cant tell whether im being sarcastic or not. Plus, they rarely tell me. So i cant really be sure if they understand me or not. Some people are just convinced that i hate them, cause they take everything i say seriously. Eventhough im being sarcastic 89% of the time.
Do you have brown hair, blue eyes, weigh 50kg and are something like 170cm? Maybe you're my unknown twin... You sound exactly like me...Anyway, when our class had art, we were allowed to eat candy. Once this girl in my class came to me and my friends and asked if she could get some (candy that is, don't picture yourself anything else....). One of my friends answerd "No" and I added "he thinks your fat, and doesn't think it's a good idea that you eat any candy". She didn't notice the sarcasm and pulled up a bit of her shirt ( :eek: , that was me being exited) and said "Am I fat? Look here. Do you think I'm fat?", after that I had to tell her that I wasn't serious. Perhaps girls are more sensetive about a thing like that, but I really have nothing to complain about her looks........That's one of the things that can happen if people don't notice sarcasm.

saska de o...
03-07-2005, 06:01 AM
wow, are u sarcastic?

Mannen som blev en gris
03-07-2005, 06:19 AM
wow, are u sarcastic?
No. And I really don't understand how you could find that sarcastic....Maybe you were sarcastic? (where are you from? If I'd guess, I'd say a mix between Denmark, Norway and Poland, for some reason...)

Anya82
03-07-2005, 09:13 AM
i like sarcasm. it's funny :D

BuddyHolly
03-07-2005, 09:14 AM
do you really think so? :rolleyes:

Anya82
03-07-2005, 09:20 AM
just don't use it AAAAAAALL the time
but sometimes.. it's cool :p

BuddyHolly
03-07-2005, 09:43 AM