PDA

View Full Version : No water vs. no electricity

the_GoDdEsS
03-06-2005, 10:05 AM
These are almost 'luxuries' of civilization. Imagine you had to go one day without one of them, which one would be worse?

Seeing that I am a clean freak, I need water so badly that I'd rather manage without power for a day. Lighting a candle and reading a book can be nice too.

Just popped into my head as we had a blackout for almost three ours due to the heavy snow fall.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Electricity. Most definitely.

The Talking Pie
03-06-2005, 10:10 AM
I could happily live without electricity. Candles kick ass :cool:

intothevalleyofdeath
03-06-2005, 10:10 AM
electricity fo sho...its so much easier, ive done it before for 3 days too

MindlessSelfIndulgent
03-06-2005, 10:11 AM
I lived without any of that for a week. Last year at the Roskilde Festival. It was great.

Endymion
for a day? i'd go without water.

Nina
i for one could NOT happily live without electricity, but
i'd definitely choose water over it, because water is more
important to me :/ (using the toilet or washing your hands,
anyone?)

Sarallica
03-06-2005, 10:12 AM
I could happily live without electricity.

Me too. Though I usually can't go a day without listening to music... I suppose I could just use a battery-powered CD player for that though :P.

the_GoDdEsS
03-06-2005, 10:12 AM
I lived without any of that for a week. Last year at the Roskilde Festival. It was great.

Hehe, I'd DIE if I did not shower within 24 hours. Seriously.

And Dave, I lurve candles!

MindlessSelfIndulgent
03-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Hehe, I'd DIE if I did not shower within 24 hours. Seriously.

None of the people in my camp showered for that whole week. Hah, i bet you could smell us a mile away.

The Talking Pie
03-06-2005, 10:16 AM
And Dave, I lurve candles!
<3 They're useful for so many things. Lighting the room, making scary faces, arson... I love their orange glow. Though I guess really it's fire I'm praising here...

Sarallica
03-06-2005, 10:18 AM
<3 They're useful for so many things. Lighting the room, making scary faces, arson... I love their orange glow. Though I guess really it's fire I'm praising here...

*giggles* you're not even allowed to have them, you pyro! :P

Inshane
03-06-2005, 10:21 AM
In Italy we often have to go days without water. You could try calling the water-company, they say they will come and fix it, but they never do. They know that after a couple of days everything will work fine again. For the electricity, If that includes listening to music I could not deal with it. But other than that I can manage just fine. Being outside all day and when it gets dark, some candles and go to bed to wake up early the next day. Preferbly at the time when the sun thinks its time to show its face from under the adriatic sea. oh I can't wait to get back to that lifestyle.

the_GoDdEsS
03-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Might be the fire that's fascinating. I consider that my element. <3

Vera
03-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Hmm, would no water mean no water supply in the house, but I could go buy water from the shop?

If so, then definitely without water. I could rest in my filth but in this weather, heating & electricity are a fucking must.

Offspring Pyro
03-06-2005, 10:25 AM
These are the kind of threads i love.

Anyways i would rather go without water.

nieh
03-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Hmm, would no water mean no water supply in the house, but I could go buy water from the shop?

If so, then definitely without water. I could rest in my filth but in this weather, heating & electricity are a fucking must.

Yeah...I was wondering that too. You mean no plumbing or no water all together? If it's no water all togteher, can I still buy iced tea? And also, would driving around in a car consitute using electricity?

I'd probably be able to go easier without running water than without electricity.

the_GoDdEsS
03-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Of course you can buy bottled water, if we're being realistic.

Noodles is gay
03-06-2005, 11:28 AM
No electricity - in fact i'd quite enjoy it!

No idiot box, for one thing, and just like the ancient Greeks for another!!! :D

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Fire is fun to play with, so I'd go without electricity.

arak0r
03-06-2005, 12:17 PM
cept if the whole place has no electricity, the store most likely is fucked :p unless its got some kind of mega generator of doom

wliethof
03-06-2005, 12:20 PM
without electricity, I'd go out and do useful things.

without water I'd be lazy and stay in and online drinking coke and eating unhealthy foods

so it doesnt really matter which :)

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 12:20 PM

You can't shower with bottled water though.

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Damn you're back.

arak0r
03-06-2005, 12:22 PM

if you get enough you can take a bath.. and she wasnt the one that brought it up, i think it was vera

the_GoDdEsS
03-06-2005, 12:24 PM
If you're inventive enough you can do anything. Even with bottled water.

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 12:29 PM
If you're inventive enough you can do anything. Even with bottled water.

I was looking at it from the money stand point, though. It'd cost alot to buy enough bottled water to fill a bath tub.. Besides that, it's cold!

arak0r
03-06-2005, 12:30 PM
ever notice if you add, if you know what i mean, to ANYTHING. its instantly dirty. just random note.

problem is, some people depend on electricity for cooking food and all that, all sorts of things. as long as i have plenty of batteries, id rather go without electricity.

and wow. i completely fucked up on my point earlier. if you needed to buy bottled water, the stores wouldnt be down, because in this situation, the electricity would still be fine. im out of it. just woke up :[

the_GoDdEsS
03-06-2005, 12:35 PM
I was looking at it from the money stand point, though. It'd cost alot to buy enough bottled water to fill a bath tub.. Besides that, it's cold!

Bottled water is not THAT expensive and you can always warm it up.
Don't worry, I always find ways of how to solve practical things like that.

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 12:36 PM
ever notice if you add, if you know what i mean, to ANYTHING. its instantly dirty. just random note.

problem is, some people depend on electricity for cooking food and all that, all sorts of things. as long as i have plenty of batteries, id rather go without electricity.

and wow. i completely fucked up on my point earlier. if you needed to buy bottled water, the stores wouldnt be down, because in this situation, the electricity would still be fine. im out of it. just woke up :[

We forgive you, but what the hell is up with the first part of your post?

(you're right, though)

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Bottled water is not THAT expensive and you can always warm it up.
Don't worry, I always find ways of how to solve practical things like that.

Right, we'll just stick 500ish bottles of water in the microwave.. wait..

dirtybird
If you want to do them one by one, you'd have water again befor eyou were done!

the_GoDdEsS
Sorry, but I hate the microwave.

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Sorry, but I hate the microwave.

Then how do you propose we heat the water up?

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 12:40 PM
The oven would get to hot, retard, the whole container would melt.

arak0r
03-06-2005, 12:43 PM
pour the water in a pan. put it on a stove.

arak0r
03-06-2005, 12:43 PM
We forgive you, but what the hell is up with the first part of your post?

(you're right, though)
haha. just the way she said you can do anything even with bottled water, made me think of that :p

the_GoDdEsS
03-06-2005, 12:49 PM
I pity you if you can't use anything but the microwave for warming up water.

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 12:50 PM
I pity you if you can't use anything but the microwave for warming up water.

Well you're not throwing out any suggestions. I suppose I could breath warmly on it or leave it out in the sun.. :rolleyes:

the_GoDdEsS
03-06-2005, 12:50 PM
haha. just the way she said you can do anything even with bottled water, made me think of that :p

You could. Just release your inner perv. I already have a few mental images on my mind. Too bad they're dirtier than my deeds.

Overshare.

arak0r
03-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Well you're not throwing out any suggestions. I suppose I could breath warmly on it or leave it out in the sun.. :rolleyes:

pour the water in a pan. put it on a stove.

yes i know i spelled it poor the first time. brain is still asleep and occupied by dog. yep. thats my excuse :[

arak0r
03-06-2005, 12:53 PM
You could. Just release your inner perv. I already have a few mental images on my mind. Too bad they're dirtier than my deeds.

Overshare.

:eek:

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 12:54 PM
yes i know i spelled it poor the first time. brain is still asleep and occupied by dog. yep. thats my excuse :[

A pan can only hold aso much water..

Camilamazed
I'd be ok without electricity. Water is rather important for me that's why I freak out when thinking about we can run out of it some day :(

dirtybird

Overshare.

Even the_GoDdEsS has a semi perverted mind?! :eek:

arak0r
03-06-2005, 12:55 PM
A pan can only hold aso much water..
so use several pans. if you have an electric heater, use that. obviously do not put it IN the water.

the_GoDdEsS
Pwned! *grins*

dirtybird
I'd be ok without electricity. Water is rather important for me that's why I freak out when thinking about we can run of it some day :(

There will always be the same amount of fresh water on earth, however much of that is for sale or in a close location may differ, however.

arak0r
03-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Even the_GoDdEsS has a semi perverted mind?! :eek:

of course. i think she was even a member of the old bbs pervert club or whatever it is. i think.. hmmm

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 12:56 PM
so use several pans. if you have an electric heater, use that. obviously do not put it IN the water.

My stove has four eyes, so i could use four pans. That's not nearly enough for a bath tub, and while you're warming up the next batch the already warmed water will cool.

arak0r
03-06-2005, 12:57 PM
There will always be the same amount of fresh water on earth, however much of that is for sale or in a close location may differ, however.

hardly. if we didnt come up with "purification" methods. wed run out. most of the water on this earth is salt. the most fresh water is actually frozen. apparently.

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 12:57 PM
of course. i think she was even a member of the old bbs pervert club or whatever it is. i think.. hmmm

Wow. That's awesome.

arak0r
03-06-2005, 12:58 PM
My stove has four eyes, so i could use four pans. That's not nearly enough for a bath tub, and while you're warming up the next batch the already warmed water will cool.

well then. go outside. make a nice fire. put a large tub over it. heated. hf.

arak0r
Wow. That's awesome.
just because said female is attractive and intelligent, doesnt mean she has no thoughts of that kind.

dirtybird
hardly. if we didnt come up with "purification" methods. wed run out. most of the water on this earth is salt. the most fresh water is actually frozen. apparently.

97% of the water on the earth is salt. 2 of the 3% that is freshwater is frozen. Still, that 1% is still alot, and due to the water cycle it will always be replinished. Unless you disassembled the atoms in the water, we will never lose that one percent.

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 12:59 PM
^stop posting. you're gay

You're one to talk.

arak0r
03-06-2005, 01:00 PM
97% of the water on the earth is salt. 2 of the 3% that is freshwater is frozen. Still, that 1% is still alot, and due to the water cycle it will always be replinished. Unless you disassembled the atoms in the water, we will never lose that one percent.

i dont consider used toilet water to be fresh :|

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 01:00 PM
i dont consider used toilet water to be fresh :|

When it evaporates it gets purified.

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 01:01 PM
stop posting and die

That's my line. Shut the hell up and go die. Now. No one likes you.

arak0r
03-06-2005, 01:02 PM
When it evaporates it gets purified.
hmm then how do you explain all the dirty water? obviously havent been swimming in boston harbor or new yorks east river lately :o

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 01:07 PM
I never specified it would be usuable, just that we won't run out. And isn't Boston harbor salt water, anyways?

the_GoDdEsS
03-06-2005, 01:16 PM
dirtybird and wisconsinhomer both shut the fuck up immediately and make your own idiotic thread for arguing. Stick to the topic now or I promise I'm gonna flame you like paperdolls soaked in petrol in each of your topics/posts.

Thank you.

Unnatural Disaster
03-06-2005, 01:36 PM
No electricity would be worse since I use it almost every minute of the day, while I only use water to take a shower, brush my teeth, and wash my hands.

arak0r
03-06-2005, 01:37 PM
dirtybird and wisconsinhomer both shut the fuck up immediately and make your own idiotic thread for arguing. Stick to the topic now or I promise I'm gonna flame you like paperdolls soaked in petrol in each of your topics/posts.

Thank you.

hell hath no fury like a scorned woman (because her topic is getting fuxt)

Inshane
03-06-2005, 01:42 PM

oh, but you can. I actually made my own shower with a bottle. an outside shower. worked fine for me.

The Talking Pie
03-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah, but what if gravity packed in?

Inshane
03-06-2005, 01:49 PM
I'd be a dirty girl.

*please don't take that the wrong way.

Titus
03-06-2005, 02:08 PM
I can t live without water

Izie
03-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Been without water, been without electricity. Water is way worse. Way, way worse, especially since it happened a long time ago when bottled wated didn't exist :/ Or maybe it did in the city, but I was spending the summer at the countryside, and there was none there *sigh*

Titus
03-06-2005, 02:18 PM
People say we can t live without electricity.
I guess we can, would be realy hard, but we can

Linda
03-06-2005, 02:29 PM

Haven't you ever heard of sink bathing? You put the water in the sink and wash with a washcloth and soap. Or you could use a large bowl.

Anyway, I would much rather be without electricity. I think that would be much easier to get along without than water.

Betty
03-06-2005, 02:55 PM
If you're not equipped, they can both be really bad.

Like, electricity is really important for the fridge and freezer. They will stop generating coldness and anything in there can start going bad. After much more than a day it can be trouble. And if you want to get anything out you should do it really fast or not at all.

Water is important I think mostly for toilet flushing. That could get really gross after a day of more than one person being at home.

Obviously if you're "equipped", you can deal with both. Have an outhouse for the washroom. And not have perishable food, or have a cooler. Electricity can be bad to not have if you need it for heat, but at my parent's home we have a wood fireplace so we rock.

I think most people are just looking at it in a electricity = computer, water = shower type way. But to shower you need HOT water. To clean, hot water is nice. I would personally love to be able to EAT, which requires both water and electricity for most things. So I guess I'd just go hardcore and live without both if it were only for a day.

nitropenguin!
03-06-2005, 03:02 PM
I lovelove blackouts =) Haven't willingly received one in ages, so disappointed. I'm with Talking Pie, candles rock. Can't forget lanterns either.

I'd hate to loose my hydro, clean freak myself. Well my house doesn't exactly agree with that =/ But I'm always clean.

Linda
03-06-2005, 04:26 PM
I lovelove blackouts =)
Well my house doesn't exactly agree with that =/ But I'm always clean.

haha I can relate to that! :D

dirtybird
03-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Blackouts are cool, I like the dark.

I don't know
03-06-2005, 05:49 PM
I'd choose no electricy for one day, 'cause I need to drink water, but if I had something like coke I would choose no water, hehehe :D

saska de o...
03-07-2005, 02:21 AM
well.. i dont know! ^^

Tizzalicious
03-07-2005, 04:00 AM
I'd chooooooose lose the electricity!!! I feel sooo dirty when I didn't shower in the morning!

Titus
03-07-2005, 05:43 AM
wait a sec
no electricity means no offspring?
I don t need water anymore :P

DirtyMagical
03-07-2005, 11:07 AM
I'd rather go a day without a shower.
I remember the black out, and the weather NEEDS to be controlled by heaters and a/c's. Which require electricity.