PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Josh Freese?

Josh Freese
03-08-2005, 12:34 PM
---------------------------------------------------------

Sergeant Spliff
03-08-2005, 12:36 PM
god what a gay

but the drummer verson is pretty sound!

lol - joking! :)

Lithuanian Offspring
03-08-2005, 12:37 PM
He's a really good drummer. I wonder why they didn't ask him to be in the band.

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
03-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Good drummer, did Splinter (like you all know) and because of josh, atom is now the drummer of the offspring (as you also know)

offy
03-08-2005, 01:20 PM
I heard that he only wrote the tabs for the drums on Splinter and that a drum machine actually made the sound. Is that true? I can't really believe it...

RonWelty
03-08-2005, 01:38 PM
atom is a lot better live than Josh Freese !

HeadAroundU
03-08-2005, 01:48 PM
He's a really good drummer. I wonder why they didn't ask him to be in the band.
They asked him!!!!He said no because of A perfect circle.Its better for him! because he has drumming freedom in perfect circle!!!!And he is in 3 bands I think(APC,Vandals and Devo)I'm not sure!
He is fucking god!!!!I love his style of drumming!!(His best drums are on the "Mer de noms"!!!)
:)

4eh
03-08-2005, 02:07 PM
i think Josh Freese is the best punk drummer nowadays

cony_
03-08-2005, 02:11 PM
..... he is gay

nameless
03-08-2005, 03:15 PM
yeah, i heard he was asked to join but he had other bands! he recommended atom as well! it would have been him playing and not a drum machine as someone said!

offspringintenselyrock
03-09-2005, 10:08 AM
I don't think Offspring would have allowed a drum machine. Anyway, Josh Freese rocks! He's great :D Especially with bright pink hair hehe

HeadAroundU
03-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Consistently rated as one of the "top two" drummers in the world by the American press, many consider Josh Freese to be the best drummer in the world.

THE VANDALS discovered Josh when he popped out of the ground on a futuristic stage in Walt Disney's Tommorowland Terrace as part of a teenage super-group called "Polo" in 1989.

Still the main percussionist for THE VANDALS, Josh continues to rack up studio credits like Paul Westerberg, Juliana Hatfield, Chris Cornell, Mike Ness, and Tracey Bonham. Somehow he looks most at home with his yellow DEVO suit, which he sports quite often in an official capacity.

Last year Josh rose to international prominence as the official GUNS N' ROSES drummer, playing on their yet to be released album. Presently he's touring as a member of Maynard from Tool's "A Perfect Circle" supporting Nine Inch Nails.

What next but a solo album? KUNG FU RECORDS proudly presents exactly that: "The Notorious One Man Orgy" - 12 amazing songs written, performed (including all bass/guitar/ keyboards/vocals), and produced by Josh himself. With guest appearances by the likes of Stone Gossard, Warren Fitzgerald, Michael Ward, Lyle Workman, and Jason Freese, the N.O.M.O. offers a hard driving pop-punk musical insight into what it's like to be Josh Freese on a daily basis. Evidently it's not easy.

He is called Bruce Lee on the drums or drumming chameleon!

Dark_rebel
03-10-2005, 01:11 PM
Well josh freese is like...a good drummer on splinter....and he sounds like ron but thats okay:D but the new drummer has he some songs? i want to know how he sounds!

I don't know
03-10-2005, 01:20 PM
he's a very good drummer and made a good job on splinter

Omni
03-10-2005, 10:12 PM
In my opinion, the best drummer that I have ever heard is Michel Langevin, from Voivod. I have no idea, but I find myself only focusing on the beautiful drums in their songs. His drumming just captivates me.

Josh Freese
03-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Josh Freese is better than Ron Welty or Atom Willard (My opinion)

Alex101
02-18-2008, 10:24 PM

Get outta here! He is not better than Ron Welty.

RageAndLov
02-19-2008, 03:12 AM
did you know that josh freese' brother, jason freese, is the touring keyboardist for green day?

Mens
02-19-2008, 03:54 AM

Sure, Josh is a better drummer then Ron.
Eventough, Ron is more The Offspring.

Smash punker
02-19-2008, 04:05 AM
I think that Welty was better, but Freese helped Offspring too so I gotta give some credit. Hope that Parada stays for a little longer:)

wazzup22
02-19-2008, 05:36 AM
did you know that josh freese' brother, jason freese, is the touring keyboardist for green day?

Is that his brother?!

Learn something new everyday...

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-19-2008, 06:43 AM
Josh is not as cool as Atom or Ron. But He'll do.

A Better question:

What do you think of Pete Parada?

Fdsajoe
02-19-2008, 11:54 AM
During the recording of splinter, I think Dex and Josh worked out the drum parts using a machine, but they recorded using real drums.
Higgins explains it much better on the video that comes with Splinter.

Cock Joke
02-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Anybody who hasn't yet seen Josh's work on the drums should do so immediately! Just go to youtube. His drumming is so great it's just not human!

What do you think of Pete Parada?[/COLOR]

He's really great, judging from what I've seen at the Japanese concert. The Offspring made a really good decision picking him.

iPunk247
03-08-2008, 05:25 PM

Josh Freese. Ron Welty. Atom Willard. Pete Parada. they're equally decent drummers.

nameless
03-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Josh Freese. Ron Welty. Atom Willard. Pete Parada. they're equally decent drummers.

in terms of the offsprings music that is! as much as i like the other guys, josh freese really is a legend!

nightvision
03-09-2008, 01:35 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHUhEmp38ks

The video speaks for itself.