PDA

View Full Version : Being Dexter Holland

leo3375
03-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Inspired by the movie "Being John Malkovich" and a similar thread on a Nine Inch Nails site:

Imagine finding a doorway that leads into the mind of Dexter Holland. You are given control over him for 24 hours, seeing what he sees and living his life. What would you do?

Revolver-2005?
03-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Id probably start sucking my thumb and crying lol...musicians minds can be quite...scary...

Tired_Of_You
03-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Get naked and go in front of the cameras at MTV.

Or...

Since he has way more money than me, I'd probably buy a new guitar and a bass. I'd also go surfing with Noodles :cool: Oh and I'd call the rest of the band to play with them and drink beer. Oh yeah!

And you leo?

BuddyHolly
03-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Just hang around with the band and play a really huge show after it, and then hang around with the band again.

samr
03-09-2005, 03:59 PM
I'd get all my (dexters) money at the bank and put it in an account that only I would be able to open.

TAKE THAT!

SkunkIt
03-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Inspired by the movie "Being John Malkovich" and a similar thread on a Nine Inch Nails site:

Imagine finding a doorway that leads into the mind of Dexter Holland. You are given control over him for 24 hours, seeing what he sees and living his life. What would you do?I'd get out of that door and lock it permanently so noone can get in. He's fine just the way he is! :D

LLadnard
03-09-2005, 05:07 PM
I could never stand being somebody else. Being myself is tough enough already!

ThePidgeonMaster
03-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Set up a free concert before Warped Tour starts for anyone at the Caliremont Rec center by my house. :D

Guillermo90
03-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Write an album all the fans would love, and make it one of the greatest rock albums ever.

punx
03-09-2005, 08:04 PM
hmm this is ttricky!!
ohh wait id write down my phone number saying "call this its urgent" and then when im not dexter anymore ill get a call from him lol

that would be cool. id also go in his fridge and eat all his food lol

offspringintenselyrock
03-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Write an album all the fans would love, and make it one of the greatest rock albums ever.
But he already does that...

Little_Miss_1565
03-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Fly a plane, and then maybe later take a picture of "my" crotch, post it to this BBS claiming that it's Dexter's crotch, and then watch the slew of posts debating whether or not it's true. "OMG DEXTER'S CROTCHHHHHHHH SO HOTTTTT!!!!," followed by "OMG WTF DUN LIE!"

I don't know
03-10-2005, 12:27 PM
I would make a new record, fly in his arplaine, I would go surfing and I was going to ask noodles, atom and greg to go to my house the next day and play a concert for me,hehehe. I would do a lot of things, but I can't think right now, hehehe :D

leo3375
03-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Fly a plane, and then maybe later take a picture of "my" crotch, post it to this BBS claiming that it's Dexter's crotch, and then watch the slew of posts debating whether or not it's true. "OMG DEXTER'S CROTCHHHHHHHH SO HOTTTTT!!!!," followed by "OMG WTF DUN LIE!"

XD Good one!

Okay, to placate Tired_Of_You:

I really don't know what I would do. Well, first obviously would be learning how to control a very tall, 39-year-old male body. Once that is mastered I would leak a crapload of unreleased tracks. I could make a bunch of prank calls and totally fuck things up so that Dexter would be confused once he regained control. In fact, I should!

This is a lot like the story of the invisibility ring. It would be foolish for a just person to not take advantage of the opportunity.

bouncingcoles
03-10-2005, 01:50 PM
go streaking

gradeA
03-10-2005, 04:46 PM
i'd write some songs. (remember, i have his songwriting talents)

leo3375
03-10-2005, 08:31 PM
@ gradeA: No, you wouldn't have his songwriting skills. Read below to find out why.

Some things to consider:

Dexter's consciousness will be shut down while you are in his body. Subconsciously he may know that he is under someone else's control.
Along with your consciousness, your skills and talents are in control while Dexter's are locked with his conscious mind. Simply put, you probably wouldn't be able to fly a plane if you yourself don't know how.

Go see "Being John Malkovich" (if you haven't already) and this thread will make more sense.

gradeA
03-11-2005, 04:03 PM
in that case, i'd go play video games, surf the internet, and post here.

dexterisMYman
03-11-2005, 06:35 PM
i would go fly a plane,fuck someone,go surfin,and be sexy while i do this

leo3375
03-11-2005, 06:49 PM
i would go fly a plane

Remember, this is "Being John Malkovich" rules. Unless you know how to fly a plane, you can't fly a plane. Dexter's abilities are locked up with his consciousness, but you can use the abilities that you have.

dexterisMYman
03-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Remember, this is "Being John Malkovich" rules. Unless you know how to fly a plane, you can't fly a plane. Dexter's abilities are locked up with his consciousness, but you can use the abilities that you have.
ok well i dont bother 2 read ne thing but i can do the fuckin thing

dexterisMYman
03-12-2005, 01:08 PM
im talented

Noodles is gay
03-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Get naked and go in front of the cameras at MTV.

^ I like :D

dexterisMYman
03-13-2005, 11:45 AM
i wouldnt do that but if someone else did i would find it funny as hell

Noodles is gay
03-13-2005, 12:04 PM
i wouldnt do that but if someone else did i would find it funny as hell

Yeah, i'd just come to my house then sit in my room with my camera and 'you know...'