PDA

View Full Version : Private school vs Public school

Tired_Of_You
03-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Which do you think is better and why

Anya82
03-10-2005, 03:08 PM
i've always been in Private schools. I like my schools.
Had excellent teachers, most of them.
Cool people..
blah.

RXP
03-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Private school = public school over here.

I went to a fee paying school. It was fool of middle class idoits. Although there were some cool people. The education was good, wish I made more use of it tho.

Trip Boy
03-10-2005, 03:10 PM
At private schools you become more of a pussy and don't know the real world. With public you get the taste of the asshole known as world.

RXP
03-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Have you ever been to a private school?

Trip Boy
03-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Yes, until 6th grade...then i went to a public school. Where it was WAY different. At private everyone knew everybody and it was like a happy little family...I had no idea about liars, gossip,backstabbing, and all that shit that makes up the real world.

Proph
03-10-2005, 03:12 PM
At private schools you become more of a pussy and don't know the real world. With public you get the taste of the asshole known as world.

True, but I currently live in the worst school district in Dallas. They don't even bother with metal detectors because they can't stop the kids from bringing in guns.

Trip Boy
03-10-2005, 03:14 PM
True, but I currently live in the worst school district in Dallas. They don't even bother with metal detectors because they can't stop the kids from bringing in guns.

Most school don't have metal detectors.

Proph
03-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Some do in Dallas

Trip Boy
03-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah but I mean, most don't.

Jesus
03-10-2005, 03:31 PM
We basically only have "public schools" in Flanders although you could also call it privately run publicly financed schools since their is some kind of "competition" between them.
3 types basically:
-flemish community education: organized by the flemish community/government (no shit): neutral in ideological/religious sense
-subsidized official education: local community/provincial: open for all deologies
-subsidized free (or "private") education: catholic, islamitic, orthodox, Montessori... so not "neutral"

No difference in fees between the types of schools though.

I went through "subsidized official education" when I was a kid, as a teen I went to a "subsidized free education" catholic high school. My university has to be subsidized official I guess.

punkangel
03-10-2005, 05:10 PM
public school is better because you don't have to pay for a crapy education..

Unnatural Disaster
03-10-2005, 05:13 PM
I like Public Schools better than Private Schools.

dirtybird
03-10-2005, 05:16 PM
I went to a private school up until this year, and I didn't really notice until sixth grade, but most rich people are preppy assholes. Then I went to public school and realized that most people are.. preppy assholes or preppy asshole posers. As for schools in general, I liked the private schools I guess, there's just a slight increase of tolerable people in public schools.

punkangel
03-10-2005, 05:24 PM
yes, with the drugies, pregnant girls, and you can't forget the gangs!

coke_a_holic
03-10-2005, 05:31 PM
I hate all types of schools but Public is better because conformist uniforms blow... Even though I count polo shirts as uniforms for those preppy bastards.

dirtybird
03-10-2005, 05:32 PM
I hate all types of schools but Public is better because conformist uniforms blow... Even though I count polo shirts as uniforms for those preppy bastards.

I forgot about that, I hated wearing a tie and belt all day.

Proph
03-10-2005, 06:57 PM

We don't have uniforms at my private school. We can wear whatever we want.

Rag Doll
03-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Here (northern NJ), public schools are a lot better than private schools. Most kids in private schools are so far behind academically compared to those in public schools. If they transfer to a public school at some point (usually in high school) they do very poorly in all their classes since they weren't doing anything even remotely similar in their own school. For example, they are stuck in Basic Skills math classes for at least 2 years in high school, whereas around 25-30% of the people in public school took those classes in middle school and are already taking Algebra II or Pre-Calc in 10th grade.

And when it comes to pregnancies, drugs, and violence...it's pretty bad at all the schools here, public & private. It doesn't make much of a difference, though in the past 2-3 years public schools have gotten a bit worse than the private schools. Or it's just reported less in the private schools (and it isn't even reported much in the public school).

Proph
03-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Wow. In the Dallas public school district, you divide the grade by two to find the grade that the students are working at.

Endymion
03-10-2005, 07:38 PM
you'll get out of school what you put in (or at least something proportional to your ability), it doesn't matter where you go.

PresidentKiller
03-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Yes, until 6th grade...then i went to a public school. Where it was WAY different. At private everyone knew everybody and it was like a happy little family...I had no idea about liars, gossip,backstabbing, and all that shit that makes up the real world.

There're liars, gossips, backstabbing, etc. in private schools too... at least here...

any one who went to a private school should die. the only people who goes there are people who thinks about private parts all day.

In Mexico, your life and your future is in extreme danger if you get in a public school. Most companies and universities won't receive people from public schools.

Not Ozymandias
03-10-2005, 07:43 PM
In a city there's no comparison. Public school is fucking hell unless you live in a town.

Betty
03-12-2005, 01:03 PM
You can't compare like that because it depends on where you live, etc.

I went to a public school, but it could very well have been a private school by some people's standards. It was small, had uniforms (pretty casual, but still ick), no violence and whatnot, the usual cliques, half decent educators).

I don't see why private schools would be any less cliquey and full of drama than public ones. And there'd probably be tons of drugs, etc. if the kids were apparently rich.

ANYWAY, I agree with Endy. I know when you're a kid you're supposed to be unmotivated and stupid, but fucking grow up already and BS your way through the stuff you don't care about, and LEARN the stuff you DO care about independently regardless of where you're going to school.

Offspring Pyro
03-12-2005, 01:05 PM
ive gone to both

Public-
cool people, give you a taste of the world i guess. Lots of people to meet usually.
Private-
can be some snobs/mean teachers. good education

dexterisMYman
03-12-2005, 01:06 PM
i dont like private schools. i just think they're 2 uptight

HeadAroundU
03-12-2005, 01:12 PM
public school rulesssssssss :D

Noodles is gay
03-12-2005, 01:56 PM
I go to private school, and have a uniform (a suit for school!), and i must say that i think it's much better than any comprehensive (what we call 'public' schools over here).

The teachers are generally better qualified, motivated and dedicated, and the pupils hold doors open for each other, have manners, no weapons, hardly ever any interruptions in class, and people get much better grades. And on a personal note; i can do Greek and Latin, which aren't available in most comprehensives.

I don't see why private schools would be any less cliquey and full of drama than public ones. And there'd probably be tons of drugs, etc. if the kids were apparently rich.

Not at all at my school; you get expelled for any kind of drug use, and, in my year at least, there's like 4 people who smoke cannabis.

the only people who goes there are people who thinks about private parts all day.

I don't! :D

Chris
03-12-2005, 06:33 PM
no offence but i'd get down from that pedestal before someone knocks you down

anyway, they both serve their purpose but with public school, it of course comes with its many down points but at the same time can be very character building and in general, a better taste for the real world. Also, i'd say it takes much more to be a good teacher at public school - the ones that are really do have a lot of character.

Noodles is gay
03-12-2005, 06:40 PM
no offence but i'd get down from that pedestal before someone knocks you down

I can't help it! :cool:

Also, i'd say it takes much more to be a good teacher at public school - the ones that are really do have a lot of character.

You havenít met my classics teachers; both of them are amazing teachers.

*chases off with a pitchfork*

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 06:42 PM
i think public school is better than private. you get away with more and they teachers arent that strict

Chris
03-12-2005, 06:58 PM
I can't help it! :cool:

You havenít met my classics teachers; both of them are amazing teachers.

*chases off with a pitchfork*

haha :P i'd rather join your pitchfork wielding gang

from my time, i'd have to say that the best teachers were definitely the history ones, closely followed by maths and physics