PDA

View Full Version : i want to kick everyone's arse

the_GoDdEsS
03-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Recommend some martial arts for beginners/girls? I wanted to start some back when I was fourteen and since Vlad raised the point that I could take up some it won't get out of my head.

Anya82
03-11-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm learning some Kung Fu
it's cool.
the good thing of that art, is that it has block moves that are also attacks, not like some martial arts that have blocking moves AND attack moves.
another pro, is that it can be used according to your body type, height and weight.

i just love it :D

it's fun.

SicN Twisted
03-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Out of all the martial arts I took, I achieved the most fulfillment and ass kicking ability out of Aikido. It's a strange martial art that doesn't even involve punches or kicks, but it's incredibly useful. I still recommend you take up the art of vampyre/seductress.

the_GoDdEsS
03-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Oh yeah, I'm sorta practising that art too (given the right circumstances of course).
And now that you reminded me, I think one of my friends used to do Aikido too so I'll have to ask.

The Talking Pie
03-11-2005, 01:58 PM
I done Aikido for a few years. Totally cool martial art. I wish I hadn't given it up... I can't remember a thing anymore :\

Vera
03-11-2005, 02:00 PM
A friend of mine has done aikido for years now, she really loves it. It's basically all about turning attack against the attacker. I know a few basic "hand locks" or whatever you call them, but that's it.

The Talking Pie
03-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah. There are some *kickass* arm locks that hurt like fuck, using the attacker's own deadweight to throw them to the floor.

Anya82
03-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Out of all the martial arts I took, I achieved the most fulfillment and ass kicking ability out of Aikido.
what others have you taken?

Isolated Fury
03-11-2005, 06:36 PM
I think I'd recommend Wushu and Capoeira....even though I studied Tae Kwon Do for five years. Haha, it's sad that a second degree black belt in one martial art is recommending two completely different ones.

Linda
03-11-2005, 06:58 PM
I had a neighbor once that was always kicking her husband's ass with Tae Kwon Do. He was alot taller than her too!

arak0r
03-11-2005, 07:55 PM
wow thats cool linda. height means everything!

arak0r
03-11-2005, 07:58 PM
btw, if you want to kick ass, most martial arts afaik = defense. try boxing instead :p

dexterisMYman
03-11-2005, 08:00 PM
if i wanna kick someones ass i just do it

SkunkIt
03-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Recommend some martial arts for beginners/girls? I wanted to start some back when I was fourteen and since Vlad raised the point that I could take up some it won't get out of my head.You should try Kempo, it's a mix of everything and it's fun! They teach you pinan katas (combos) and other fun stuff! When you're a black belt, (I don't know if it's advanced or not), they let you use weapons and teach you how to defend against them, but don't worry, the knifes and guns are rubber! :D

http://www.abbakarate.com

HornyPope
03-11-2005, 08:38 PM
What is more important to you, Simona? Great conditioning or self defense? Akido is great in that you could master several key techniques (arm lock, chocking, tripping) in a short period of time which could suit you fine under certain very specific circumstances where you are agressed. It is one of the more ideal self-defense arts. Another one is Krav-Maga. The latter is really specific for defending yourself (you learn how to disarm an opponent, strike with objects, keys). You could find much similar generic styles in any fitness club simply under the name of "self-defense for woman". If that's what you're looking for. The downside is you will lack any attack ability, and conditioning. Akido disciples are often unconcerned of their weight and body.

On the other hand there are a number of martial arts where the emphasis is striking down your opponents with blows. Not always lethal blows mind you, but blows that will ultimately bring your opponent down. Namely those are Kyokushin, Taw Kwon Do, Kung Fu, Shotokan, Kick boxing and Thai Box. These disciplines might take a little while to master to a level where you can claim the status of a Fighter but they are less situation specific and will probably do more good on the long run -i.e. when you learn to punch and kick well, you can showcase your skills at any given encounter; you no longer depend on the agressor to execute the first move so you could catch his arm in a lock etc... Furthermore, they follow rigorous training to develop the body, the mind and the spirit to its utmost shape. Within mere months you will be a great condition. Among the aforementioned disciplines that execute Striking blows, my call would be Thai Box. They train to deliver a high volume of blows in a short span and thus consecrate their efforts on speed, acceleration and proper execution. I think a female or anyone with a light body mass will draw the most advantage of this philosphy.

But nowdays everyone serious about becoming a Fighter takes up at least two, three disciplines to expand his abilities to all fields.

the_GoDdEsS
03-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Isolated Fury: Capoeira does not look too appealing to me, at least from what I've seen. They seem to work too much on the ground. Or maybe just the group I've seen was.

dexterisMYman, don't worry. I kick enough arse. Just want to be better at it.

Vlad, thanks a lot. I wasn't really looking for self-defence in the first place although I'm thinking it could be pretty damn useful. Do they also teach you some moves or how to attack, not just block at Aikido? It does sound alright since you said one can master it in a short time. And that's what I'd like to do. First just see what it's all about and stuff.
Second thing is I'd like something where I could use some strength. And I'd absolutely love to bring people down. Plus, I need an aggression/anger/stress reliever.

Panzerfaust92
03-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Anyone who tries to kick my arse must be all 6's and 7's. If they go through with it, they must excecute the job with honour.

Panzerfaust92
03-11-2005, 11:27 PM
but if Goddess wants to kick me in the ass, she can do whatever she wants.

Panzerfaust92
03-12-2005, 01:11 AM
By the way Goddess, what do you think of my new avatar?

saska de o...
03-12-2005, 01:42 AM
karate kyokushin thats jazzy!

4eh
03-12-2005, 02:16 AM
Recommend some martial arts for beginners/girls? I wanted to start some back when I was fourteen and since Vlad raised the point that I could take up some it won't get out of my head.

wohooo! Goddy you're crazy. but really, i don't like such girls. if normal girl kicks you, it's not very hurt, but when girl that know aikido or karate kicks you as a joke it's hurt (through smile on your face you're rubbing the kicked place of your body) cause she knows where she should kick, and you can't kick her as an answer cause she's a girl...

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2005, 02:19 AM
Thank you. I prefer being crazy.

4eh
03-12-2005, 02:22 AM
eeh, don't be angry Goddy, it was a compliment. :) i'm afraid of you, you'd kick my ass, if i wouldn't say sorry.

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2005, 02:33 AM
Yes, they all should be. =P

4eh
03-12-2005, 02:37 AM
ouch! (i've imagined you kicking me).......

saska de o...
03-12-2005, 02:38 AM
can i kick u too?

4eh
03-12-2005, 02:42 AM
oh yeah! sure! why are you asking? everyone can kick me! but wait, NO CARROTS IN MY ASS!!! c'mon kick me, people in the street which don't know me also can kick me!

saska de o...
03-12-2005, 02:43 AM
*kickin' u* carrot rules!

4eh
03-12-2005, 02:46 AM
oh fuck, you've broken my knee, fucking carrotgirl..... oh i'd call you: *fanfares* SUPERFUCKINGCARROTGIRL!!!! ta-dam! *applouse*

The Talking Pie
03-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Do they also teach you some moves or how to attack, not just block at Aikido?
To defend you first need to know attacks. So you learn [passively] how to attack in learning Aikido. Not technical stuff, just kicks, punches, etc. (and the good places to hit, since they're the kind of attacks you're trying to defend against). You can also learn defence with sticks and so forth (I know you'd like that :p), which obviously includes attack, as you need an aggressor and defender to learn/practise.

Go with Aikido. Seriously. It kicks ass.

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2005, 08:16 AM
Sticks? Yes!! Most definitely. So far it seems like the most appealing option especially after you mentioned that they do teach you some attacks. =D

Faust
03-12-2005, 11:00 AM
aikido is a rather "passive" martial art, very effective like any other martial art if you excell at it. it has no punching/kicking techniques. bo stick.

taekwondo is good(I`ve practised it), it is more aggressive, jump kicks are the salt of tkd, though they`re not very practical. no weapon techniques. tkd is an official olympic sport..

ninjutsu is a very good choice... weapons, defending, attacking, generally all sides of martial arts, lots of weapons etc.. and what is the most important, the philosophical side of the art, respect and the balance of mind and body, good intentions. ninjutsu is my choice. it has many other names too, here its called bujinkan budo taijutsu.

capoiera shouldn`t be called martial art at all. its more like dancing.

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Thank you.

That's what I thought about capoeira too. I've seen a dance group do that.

Faust
03-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Thank you.

That's what I thought about capoeira too. I've seen a dance group do that.
the funniest part is that after you`ve really got into the martial art, you don`t want to kick anyone`s arse anymore.. or at least that`s the way it should be.
controlling your anger is the key to victory.. one famous korean master said that if you have to use your physical skills, you`ve already lost the first round.

I don't know
03-12-2005, 12:28 PM
karate is very good