PDA

View Full Version : Romance is dead

Faust
03-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Has romance died?
My last two girlfriends both found it ridiculous to be romantic..
they think its so "out" and obsolete.
I don`t know if I dare to be romantic with the girl I`m dating now, according to my experiences today`s young women think its silly to be romantic.. they only wanna be so tough and independent, they don`t wanna be "saved by a hero", they wanna be heroes themselves. what do you think? am I right or right...

Camilamazed
03-12-2005, 12:10 PM
O loev Romance. I think the lack of it is the major problem in relationships nowadays..... :D

Faust
03-12-2005, 12:12 PM
O loev Romance. I think the lack of it is the major problem in relationships nowadays..... :D
agreed

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 12:15 PM
romance isnt dead! i love it when guys are romantic b/c sometimes its hard for them to come up w/ ways to be romantic n it doesnt always go how they planned but at least they tried

Camilamazed
03-12-2005, 12:18 PM
romance isnt dead! i love it when guys are romantic b/c sometimes its hard for them to come up w/ ways to be romantic n it doesnt always go how they planned but at least they tried
I second that !!

Guys are being less romantic because girls say it sucks (Which IMO isn't true, they say tehy don't care just becausr they can't admit it) :D

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Definitely talk to her about it. I wouldn't want anyone to romance me 24/7. Not at all. But if I had a boyfriend we could both organize a few romantic days in one month and act all 'old-fashioned'. That'd be a nice change.

I don't know if I'm romantic or not. Part of me is, part of me is not. Fun thing is I've given a flower to a man to demonstrate my friendship/keeness or whatever you wanna call it and he actually liked it.

Izie
03-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Well it's not dead in my life.

*loves romance*

Besides, romance is quite a relative thing, in a way.

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 12:23 PM
good point goddess

HeadAroundU
03-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Definitely talk to her about it. I wouldn't want anyone to romance me 24/7. Not at all. But if I had a boyfriend we could both organize a few romantic days in one month and act all 'old-fashioned'. That'd be a nice change.

I don't know if I'm romantic or not. Part of me is, part of me is not. Fun thing is I've given a flower to a man to demonstrate my friendship/keeness or whatever you wanna call it and he actually liked it.
I wanna flowers from girl :)

Faust
03-12-2005, 12:28 PM
haha .. and thanks for your replies.
it is surely not good to be romantic 24/7 ))
that would be annoying..
once in a few weeks is good as far as I`m concerned.. if we`re talking about being romantic like really having have to make an effort for it..

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2005, 12:29 PM
I got him a wild white rose as a thank you and a goodbye (prolly forever) because we did talk a lot about some issues. I think he still keeps it. =)

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2005, 12:30 PM
haha .. and thanks for your replies.
it is surely not good to be romantic 24/7 ))
that would be annoying..
once in a few weeks is good as far as I`m concerned.. if we`re talking about being romantic like really having have to make an effort for it..

Yeah, it's nice every once in a while.

Besides, I like your signature.

Faust
03-12-2005, 12:32 PM
I wanna flowers from girl :)
haha that`s funny, I got a flower from a girl in the valentines day )) first I found it weird but in the end of the day I kind of liked it. I took her for a cappucino for the exchange.

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2005, 12:33 PM
I dunno Goddess, organizing an actual day to be romantic sounds totally artificial and disingenuine to me. People are better off reading signals and just responding accordingly.

I'm romantic with my lady 24/7, and though our definition of romance might differ from the norm, she's made it clear to me that she likes it and that it is what she wants.

Faust
03-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Yeah, it's nice every once in a while.

Besides, I like your signature.
thanks, I`m taoist, not in too religious way though.
I have no gods to worship.

Izie
03-12-2005, 12:35 PM
I dunno Goddess, organizing an actual day to be romantic sounds totally artificial and disingenuine to me. People are better off reading signals and just responding accordingly.

I'm romantic with my lady 24/7, and though our definition of romance might differ from the norm, she's made it clear to me that she likes it and that it is what she wants.

I go with this. I can't be romantic on demand, like "thursday evening at 20:14". In fact, I quite like being spontaneous, I've discovered that recently.

And my idea of romance prolly differs a lot from what is generally considered romantic.

Faust
03-12-2005, 12:37 PM

that`s the beautiness of romance, the meaning of it varies a lot..
in a way, its good that there`s some romance in every day.

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 12:40 PM
I go with this. I can't be romantic on demand, like "thursday evening at 20:14". In fact, I quite like being spontaneous, I've discovered that recently.

And my idea of romance prolly differs a lot from what is generally considered romantic.

good point as well. dont organize anything just talk to her and ask her how she feels about u being romantic once and a while w/ her

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2005, 12:41 PM
I know. It's a lot different when it's all organized by both the people. So I agree on that. But I'd still do it with the organizing from time to time. I'm just such a planner/organizer. Can't help it.

Oh, I thought so since it's Lao. I'm kinda interested in taoism as philosophy, especially for health purposes, not as a religion either.

Endymion
03-12-2005, 12:44 PM
i r romantique

Faust
03-12-2005, 12:57 PM
I know. It's a lot different when it's all organized by both the people. So I agree on that. But I'd still do it with the organizing from time to time. I'm just such a planner/organizer. Can't help it.

Oh, I thought so since it's Lao. I'm kinda interested in taoism as philosophy, especially for health purposes, not as a religion either.
the balance is everything.
and simplicity )
I like medidating, it makes everything so clear.
yep, taoism is originally more like philosophy, just like confucianism...
buddhims is closer to be a religion,even though it originally doesn`t have any gods either. buddha isn`t really a god, he`s more like a "saint", a figure that helps in meditation.(nevertheless, some tens or hundreds of millions do worship buddha as a god)

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Balance! Yes, that's it. I definitely want to read more on that. I haven't really tried meditating but I've been using all kinds of excercises against pain and health problems and it really does little wonders. =)

HeadAroundU
03-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Balance! Yes, that's it. I definitely want to read more on that. I haven't really tried meditating but I've been using all kinds of excercises against pain and health problems and it really does little wonders. =)
Maybe I should try these excercises b/c I'm ill :(
and Hi Sim :) How are you?

Faust
03-12-2005, 01:19 PM
nice to hear you`re excited about it, its really something worth giving a shot at )
most today`s people fail in meditation and gaining the balance because they`re very confined to the time and stress. and they give up too easily, it`s not necessarily that easy in the beginnning. it helps a lot if you`re the kind of person who easily gets "carried away", you know like a person who would be easy to hypnotise. you know what I mean I`m sure of it.
it`s good to use a little pillow under your ass while you meditate, your legs won`t go numb so easily. some 20 minutes is an average length. not in the beginning though, in the beginning its 5-10 min usually.

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 01:23 PM

wat kind of excercises?

Faust
03-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Maybe I should try these excercises b/c I'm ill :(
and Hi Sim :) How are you?
go ahead and try )
there are two easy ways; except that the second one isn`t easy ))
first: meditating legs crossed and taking free association, just let the thoughts flow however they want to, whereever they want to..
second: clearing your mind from everything, this is like self-hypnotising with self-suggestions.

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2005, 01:44 PM
wat kind of excercises?

Tao for health exercises. Requires breathing, concentration, sometimes massage.

Faust
03-12-2005, 01:50 PM
)) and acupunction,

I`ve never tried it though.. but I will some day.

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 01:57 PM

o ok thanks

HeadAroundU
03-12-2005, 01:57 PM
go ahead and try )
there are two easy ways; except that the second one isn`t easy ))
first: meditating legs crossed and taking free association, just let the thoughts flow however they want to, whereever they want to..
second: clearing your mind from everything, this is like self-hypnotising with self-suggestions.
OK I think i'll try:)
I think i'll use 2nd!!! B/c I need clear last exams from my mind :D
Self-suggestions???Its like saying everything is ok everything is ok,I didn't kill them :D

Noodles is gay
03-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Has romance died?
I don`t know if I dare to be romantic with the girl I`m dating now, according to my experiences today`s young women think its silly to be romantic.. they only wanna be so tough and independent, they don`t wanna be "saved by a hero", they wanna be heroes themselves. what do you think? am I right or right...

I think it's so cute when guys are romantic; :o it's really sweet and i wouldn't say it was 'silly'. A woman being independent and having a man who's romantic is perfectly possible, and it's ridiculous that some people think it's not.

I think you should try being romantic to the girl you're dating now, if she doesn't like it then she will tell you and you can stop but if you take her by surprise she'll probably love it, I would :p

Quote some famous people or read poetry to her (esp. Oscar Wilde [under the balcony?]).

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

Faust
03-12-2005, 02:27 PM
OK I think i'll try:)
I think i'll use 2nd!!! B/c I need clear last exams from my mind :D
Self-suggestions???Its like saying everything is ok everything is ok,I didn't kill them :D
hehehe.. )) yea that`s the way it is,
just let the words fade away...

Faust
03-12-2005, 02:38 PM
I think it's so cute when guys are romantic; :o it's really sweet and i wouldn't say it was 'silly'. A woman being independent and having a man who's romantic is perfectly possible, and it's ridiculous that some people think it's not.

I think you should try being romantic to the girl you're dating now, if she doesn't like it then she will tell you and you can stop but if you take her by surprise she'll probably love it, I would :p

Quote some famous people or read poetry to her (esp. Oscar Wilde [under the balcony?]).

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
thank you for your reply...
I`m gonna have to wait a bit to get to know her better )
before getting romantic.. she seems a bit snobbish to me so I`m not sure at all that the thing between us is going to work out well in the end.
I like people who can be described with the word "warm", she has given the impression that she`s a bit "cold" and tough, but it might be only a disguise, I bet she has a huge heart that she`s merely hiding for some reason.. that`s what I`m trying to find out about her.. she`s still a bit mystery.

Noodles is gay
03-12-2005, 02:49 PM
thank you for your reply...
I`m gonna have to wait a bit to get to know her better )
before getting romantic.. she seems a bit snobbish to me so I`m not sure at all that the thing between us is going to work out well in the end.
I like people who can be described with the word "warm", she has given the impression that she`s a bit "cold" and tough, but it might be only a disguise, I bet she has a huge heart that she`s merely hiding for some reason.. that`s what I`m trying to find out about her.. she`s still a bit mystery.

Maybe she just hasn't opened up yet because she doesn't know you, and is a bit shy.

HeadAroundU
03-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Once I tried to take a girl to the movies and she insisted we skull a bottle of vodka, get a refund, and go back to her shitty little bedsit apartment to shoot up and fuck.
How romantic :)

SkunkIt
03-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Has romance died?
I don`t know if I dare to be romantic with the girl I`m dating now, according to my experiences today`s young women think its silly to be romantic.. they only wanna be so tough and independent, they don`t wanna be "saved by a hero", they wanna be heroes themselves. what do you think? am I right or right...That's wrong, don't listen to love experts, because every girl is different.

I like romance, but not in the typical way. This is the sweetest song i've ever heard and the chorus would work on me as a pickup line by some guys! :D

GUTTERMOUTH-"Pee In The Shower"

I'm not who you think I am
And I think you could use a head exam
And I know I'm not always right
But how can we make babies
If you won't spend the night
[Chorus:]
Just because I live like an animal
Room smells like a petting zoo
Sometimes I go pee in the shower
Does not mean I don't love you
Not me not me:no no no
Not me not me
[Chorus]
Maybe all your friends were right
One look at me no more appetite
And maybe you'll give me a chance
I'd take you out to dinner
But I can't find my pants
Not me not me:no no no
Not me not:no no no
Nobody knows nobody knows
Love you, a hole bunch of times

Sunny
03-12-2005, 04:41 PM
just like Noodles_is_gay, i don't think being romantic is silly at all... actually, i love it. i don't understand women who think that being romantic somehow means giving up your independence. i'm independent... yet i'm a hopeless romantic at the same time. =p i'm strong, i believe.. but i enjoy having my own knight in shining armour. old fashioned? whatever. "old fashioned" is good sometimes.

in my current relationship.. we're both ridiculously romantic, and you'd probably puke if i elaborated on it. heh.

as for your girlfriend... give it time. wait til you two are very comfortable with each other... as you said, it might take her some time to open up and act a certain way. good luck =')

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=Sunny]just like Noodles_is_gay, i don't think being romantic is silly at all... actually, i love it. i don't understand women who think that being romantic somehow means giving up your independence. i'm independent... yet i'm a hopeless romantic at the same time. =p i'm strong, i believe.. but i enjoy having my own knight in shining armour. old fashioned? whatever. "old fashioned" is good sometimes.[QUOTE]

very true

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Even chicks who are into hard-drinking and casual sex who claim they hate romance, you should see them melt like butter when I take them out to a romantic dinner over a bottle of wine, or give them a bouquet of flowers. Everyone likes romance, even if they pretend they don't because they never get any.

true, very true

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 06:32 PM
What the fuck would you know about it, you 14-year old virgin?

excuse me!!! i dont to have sex to know what you're talking about!!! dumbass

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 06:38 PM
no shit! i'm not a lesbian!!!!! :mad:

SkunkIt
03-12-2005, 06:45 PM
This thread got funny! :D

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Nor can I imagine you being a hard-drinking casual-sex chick. Y'know, having a vagina doesn't give you the right to speak for everyone else with one, despite what you idiot girls seem to think.

sorry i have a opinion that doesnt agree to yours!