03-12-2005, 04:17 PM
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" – Seneca

well i dont know about that

Noodles is gay
03-12-2005, 04:18 PM
well i dont know about that

nope, Seneca is never wrong.

although:

“Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me" – Bible

Inferno
03-12-2005, 04:19 PM
about 90% of the people. But especially intothevalleyofdeath intothevalleyofdeath is online now

nitropenguin!
03-12-2005, 04:20 PM
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" – Seneca
Do you write all these quotes down? Damn archivist. =P

intothevalleyofdeath
03-12-2005, 04:21 PM
about 90% of the people. But especially intothevalleyofdeath intothevalleyofdeath is online now
dont hate me, i was only trying to flirt with you

^haha life aquatic

Aimeht
03-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Noone... Yet.

Noodles is gay
03-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Do you write all these quotes down? Damn archivist. =P

I write EVERYTHING down ;)

Well mostly i remember them but i wrote them down initially:

1. In a world without leaders, who would start all our wars? – Dexter Holland
2. “The only thing I have to declare is my genius.” - Wilde
3. Whatever is sought for can be caught, whatever is neglected slips away. - Sophocles
4. “I wonder why I was so naive as to think that rain was just Zeus pissing into a sieve.” – Aristophanes
5. “A man may learn wisdom even from a foe.” – Aristophanes
6. “Under every stone lurks a politician.” – Aristophanes
7. “You have all the characteristics of a popular politician: a horrible voice, bad breeding, and a vulgar manner.” - Aristophanes
8. It’s bad enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!” – Nietzsche
9. “Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever.” – Aristophanes
10. “I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” – Wilde
11. “The intellect is not a serious thing, and never has been. It is an instrument on which one plays, that is all." – Wilde
12. “If I am Sophocles, I am not mad; and if I am mad, I am not Sophocles.” - Sophocles
13. “Utinam populus Romanus unam cervicem haberet:” If only the Roman people had one neck! - Caligula
14. “Alea iacta est” – the die is cast. – Julius Caesar
15. "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." - Wilde
16. "It is always the best policy to tell the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar." - Wilde
17. “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” - Wilde
18. “Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.” - Wilde
19. “Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.” - Wilde
20. “Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them”. - Wilde
21. “Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me" – Bible
22. "No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." – Aristotle
23. "There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." – Wilde
24. "Only the extremely ignorant or the extremely intelligent can resist change." – Socrates
25. "I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing." – Socrates
26. "Let them hate, so long as they fear." - Lucius Accius Telephus (Roman Tragic poet)
27. “Obstinate people can be divided into the opinionated, the ignorant, and the boorish” – Aristotle
28. I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." – Churchill
29. "A matter that becomes clear ceases to concern us" - Nietzsche
30. "There cannot be a God because if there were one, I could not believe that I was not He." – Nietzsche
31. “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed" – Hitler
32. "Congratulations! You have just proved the theory that there is no limit to human stupidity!"
33. The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him." – Niccolo Machiavelli
34. "No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly." – Wilde
35. 'Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" – Seneca
36. "Being intelligent is not a felony, but most societies evaluate it as at least a misdemeanour." – Lazarus Long
37. "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." – Socrates
38. "Nothing can be love or hated unless it is first known." – Leonardo Da Vinci
39. "I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you" - Nietzsche
40. "I hate and love - wherefore I cannot tell, but by my tortures know the fact too well" – Catullus
41. "They attack the one man with their hate and their shower of weapons. But he is like some rock which stretches into the vast sea and which, exposed to the fury of the winds and beaten against by the waves, endures all the violence." – Virgil
42. All things deteriorate in time." – Virgil
43. "Endure, and preserve yourself for better things" – Virgil
44. "Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber." – Plato
45. “Knowledge is the food of the soul." – Plato
46. “Count no man happy until he is dead, free from pain at last” - Sophocles
47. “The length of this document defends it well against the risk of its being read.” – Churchill
48. "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." – Churchill
49. "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." – Euripides
50. "To be ignorant of what happened before you were born... is to live the life of a child for ever." – Cicero
51. "If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time--a tremendous whack." – Churchill
52. “We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” – Aesop
53. “One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” – Plato
54. The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple. – Wilde
55. How do you intend to do that? “…by using the large thing between my ears” – Blackadder
56. “As difficult as putting on a hat” – Blackadder
57. “Is man merely a mistake of God’s? Or God merely a mistake of man?” – Nietzsche
58. “In heaven all the interesting people are missing” – Nietzsche
59. Distrust anyone in whom the impulse to punish is powerful” – Nietzsche
60. “I never talk during music, at least, during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one’s duty to drown it out in conversation.” – Oscar Wilde
61. “There is a luxury in self-reproach. When we blame ourselves we feel that no one else has a right to blame us. It is the confession, not the priest, that gives us absolution.” - Oscar Wilde
62. “There is always something ridiculous about the emotions of people whom one has ceased to love.” – Oscar Wilde
63. “Beauty is a form of genius -- is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts of the world, like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark waters of that silver shell we call the moon. It cannot be questioned. It has its divine right of sovereignty. It makes princes of those who have it.” – Wilde
64. "If there is anything in the world more annoying than having people talk about you, it is certainly having no one talk about you." - Wilde
65. "It is only the intellectually lost who ever argue." – Wilde
66. This statement is false. True or false?

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 04:25 PM
aimeht, you are from sweden? thats awesome! i love sweden!!! :D

nitropenguin!
03-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Fuckin' genius, Jenny. Haha. Do you just find the majority of them randomly? Oh and of course some of them through your Classics studies.

Noodles is gay
03-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Fuckin' genius, Jenny. Haha. Do you just find the majority of them randomly? Oh and of course some of them through your Classics studies.

cheers! Pretty much just pick them up anywhere and wrote them down, a lot are Oscar Wilde too because he rocks! :D

Save them in a word file or summat, then build your collection! :p

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 04:53 PM
cheers! Pretty much just pick them up anywhere and wrote them down, a lot are Oscar Wilde too because he rocks! :D

i sometimes do that too. my favorite qoute is..."you cant put a limit on anything, the more you dream the farther you get"-Michael Phelps

intothevalleyofdeath
03-12-2005, 04:54 PM

use a rolladex

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 04:57 PM
use a rolladex

ok this is going to sound stupid...what is a rolladex? :o

rock4life09
03-12-2005, 06:40 PM
ooooooooooooo gotch ya! :o

nitropenguin!
03-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Wow Trip actually answered something without topping it off with an ",idiot." Accomplishment.. or fall out?