PDA

View Full Version : These things I believe.

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2005, 02:57 PM
I believe the following things to be true:

-People who don't wash their hands WITH SOAP AND WATER (not the quick rinse) after using the bathroom should be dragged out into the street and shot. Or just arrested. Either way.

-People who continuously respond to TripBoy's insults with "get a life!" should forefit the right to complain about him in the future. For fuck's sake, when he makes you look like an idiot, follow your own advice and move on with your life. Take it like a man.

-Like I said elsewhere, good grades do not necessarily equal intelligence. So when someone calls you a fucking moron, defend yourself with something logical, not that bullshit.

-If you badmouth today's music and long for the good ol' days where Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice In Chains ruled the American music scene, realize that you sound about as lame as those fucktards wishing for more Bon Jovi or Wang Chung sounded when you were jamming to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" in 1991.

-ABC drama shows are incredibly overrated.

Anyway...thoughts?

Dexter_Kyle
03-13-2005, 03:02 PM

-People who don't wash their hands WITH SOAP AND WATER (not the quick rinse) after using the bathroom should be dragged out into the street and shot. Or just arrested. Either way.

-People who continuously respond to TripBoy's insults with "get a life!" should forefit the right to complain about him in the future. For fuck's sake, when he makes you look like an idiot, follow your own advice and move on with your life. Take it like a man.

-Like I said elsewhere, good grades do not necessarily equal intelligence. So when someone calls you a fucking moron, defend yourself with something logical, not that bullshit.

-If you badmouth today's music and long for the good ol' days where Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice In Chains ruled the American music scene, realize that you sound about as lame as those fucktards wishing for more Bon Jovi or Wang Chung sounded when you were jamming to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" in 1991.

Anyway...thoughts?

All good points. The first one is annoying, I have this friends who's always hanging out at my house, and when he goes to the bathroom, he never washes his hands, and then he's touching the goddamn food, that's gross
And all the others are true :D

JoY
03-13-2005, 03:08 PM
- when I feel lazy I don't wash my hands after using the bathroom. I'm a clean missy overal, but not when it comes to that aspect. bacteria all around, they only make you stronger anyway.

- well yeah, pretty much.

- I definitely agree. studying your ass off & being successful at something as LAME as high school really doesn't say a tit about your intelligence.

- don't know. depends on the statement.

- ABC drama shows?

the_GoDdEsS
03-13-2005, 03:20 PM
I definitely agree! And I might add that I prefer people to shower at least once in 24 hours. :/

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2005, 03:22 PM
^Ooh, there's my biggest pet peeve. I shower twice a day, but all I ask from people is at LEAST once a day! And that's not an unreasonable request!

JoY
03-13-2005, 03:24 PM
I definitely agree! And I might add that I prefer people to shower at least once in 24 hours. :/
hell yes. got to love a good shower & a clean smelling self.

the_GoDdEsS
03-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Greatness! Once or twice is regular for me. In summer it can get up to 4-5 times a day when I have the time. Sweating's disgusting and showering is extremely enjoyable in the heat.

Dexter_Kyle
03-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Greatness! Once or twice is regular for me. In summer it can get up to 4-5 times a day when I have the time. Sweating's disgusting and showering is extremely enjoyable in the heat.

I totally agree with you, whenever I get hot, the shower is the first place I go, and besides, I don't want to smell bad, that's why I took at least 2 showers at day.

nitropenguin!
03-13-2005, 03:27 PM
I absolutely stand by all of them, bade =)
Especially:

School education isnít even half of the factors that display oneís intellect. Like JoY said, successful high school studies definitely arenít the right comeback to rely on when threatened with the moron comment.

Shower thing: I freak if I donít shower everyday, obsessive. Which isnít good, my hair gets mad at me if itís washed too often =/

the_GoDdEsS
03-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Shower thing: I freak if I donít shower everyday, obsessive. Which isnít good, my hair gets mad at me if itís washed too often =/

Same with mine, Anique. :/

JohnnyNemesis
03-13-2005, 03:30 PM
I hear ya, friends. I usually hit 3 or 4 showers in the Summer, depending on just how hot the weather is and what I'm doing out there. I usually freak out if I don't shower everyday too. Some people can't function without coffee, but I can't function without being nice and clean!

dirtybird
03-13-2005, 04:41 PM

Anyway...thoughts?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

nitropenguin!
03-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Yeah, don't you just love Johnny and his capability of giving you anything you want?
=P

dirtybird
03-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Of course! Duh! Who doesn't?

Endymion
03-13-2005, 07:40 PM
1) that i have free will
2) that the universe is a simple (turing complete) system that exhibits complex behavior, not the other way around.

original_psycho
03-13-2005, 07:51 PM

I sometimes am too lazy so I just run my hands through water and that's about it. Is that wrong?

I suck at school. My grades are extremely lousy. Can there still be found some kind of intelligence in me?
Anyway, I agree.

Endymion
03-13-2005, 07:53 PM
I sometimes am too lazy so I just run my hands through water and that's about it. Is that wrong?

WATER DOES NOT KILL 99.999% OF ALL GERMS

original_psycho
03-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Yeah, but I usually do that when I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm too sleepy to do it properly. Again, is that wrong?

Endymion
03-13-2005, 07:59 PM
them creepy crawlies from your dood are on your hands now.

original_psycho
03-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Ah, I can't sleep anymore so I wash properly now. So it's all good.

vintagepunkrock7
03-13-2005, 09:02 PM
its so refreshing to here that people shower as often as i. for awhile there i thought i was just a clean freak. the people i live with, are not the clean type :( . usually showers are a once a week thing for them, how can you do that? ew.
the good grades thing, so true, one of my friends is going to school for bio-engineering for the navy, shes smart as hell, but greatly lacks the common sense. we tell her its because shes blonde :D hehe.

Unnatural Disaster
03-13-2005, 10:09 PM

Agreed.........

Rag Doll
03-13-2005, 10:47 PM
the good grades thing, so true, one of my friends is going to school for bio-engineering for the navy, shes smart as hell, but greatly lacks the common sense. we tell her its because shes blonde :D hehe.

Argh. I know thats like =\. Out of my friends, I'm probably the most "booksmart"...but I have no common sense. I'm the biggest airhead. At work, I always get this awful blank stare and all the guys make fun of me. Probably shouldn't admit this...but I was driving home from school and it took me 10 minutes to realize the "dust" falling on my car was snow =\. Everyone says I should dye my hair blonde again =\.

Oh, and I am obsessed with showers, handwashing, etc. People who don't wash their hands gross me out soooo much. ickies.

dirtybird
03-13-2005, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=Rag Doll]Argh. I know thats like =\. Out of my friends, I'm probably the most "booksmart"...but I have no common sense. I'm the biggest airhead. At work, I always get this awful blank stare and all the guys make fun of me. Probably shouldn't admit this...but I was driving home from school and it took me 10 minutes to realize the "dust" falling on my car was snow =\. Everyone says I should dye my hair blonde again =\.
QUOTE]

I'm the exact opposite. I could probably be one of the most booksmart, I just don't care enough to be.

SkunkIt
03-13-2005, 11:29 PM

Anyway...thoughts?I agree with everything except the music thing. You can like both old and new music, so I like both....unless you meant both can be good, then I agree with all of it! :D

dirtybird
03-13-2005, 11:31 PM
It's not either, it means don't badmouth today's music. You don't have to like it, just don't be a douche and say all the good music is gone.

SkunkIt
03-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Ah, I can't sleep anymore so I wash properly now. So it's all good.Try this website, I saw it on a commercial for insomnia, it might help! http://www.shuteye.com

Betty
03-14-2005, 01:13 AM
Regarding cleanliness:

I don't so much wash my hands after I go to the bathroom BECAUSE I went to the bathroom, but because it is an opportunity where I am beside a sink with soap and is thus a good habit to develop to get rid of germs. For example, if I just took a shower and then went to the washroom, I probably wouldn't wash my hands again. Not sure if people think that is gross. But I agree with Joy in that there are GERMS EVERYWHERE and there is really only so much you can do to avoid them. Also, washing before eating/cooking is a good habit to develop, but again, you can't totally avoid germs anyway, so it's really not that big of a deal if you eat that piece of food that fell on the floor. That's my philosophy anyway.

For showering, I will often shower every second day, but sometimes every day, and rarely twice a day. It depends on my schedule which is pretty random, and my sports playing schedule too. Sometimes I'm exhausted and don't have time to shower. And sometimes I don't feel like having to re-blowdry my hair. But then if I'm going out I might want to shower to be able to wash and dry my hair so that it's nice. I don't think it's gross at all to not shower for two day if you're not a smelly person. I believe it's healthy for your hair and skin to have some natural oils. I wash my face twice a day. And also have very good oral hygiene (brush 2+ times, floss once a day)

arak0r
03-14-2005, 01:18 AM
i am a complete clean freak. a cleaning nazi as i call my father. its quite eery how much i am like him, getting more so the older i get :|

id like to point out that I believe that trezeguets goal to tie Juventus v Real Madrid last wednesday, was utterly beautiful. See Av.

JoY
03-14-2005, 04:04 AM
Regarding cleanliness:

I don't so much wash my hands after I go to the bathroom BECAUSE I went to the bathroom, but because it is an opportunity where I am beside a sink with soap and is thus a good habit to develop to get rid of germs. For example, if I just took a shower and then went to the washroom, I probably wouldn't wash my hands again. Not sure if people think that is gross. But I agree with Joy in that there are GERMS EVERYWHERE and there is really only so much you can do to avoid them. Also, washing before eating/cooking is a good habit to develop, but again, you can't totally avoid germs anyway, so it's really not that big of a deal if you eat that piece of food that fell on the floor. That's my philosophy anyway.

For showering, I will often shower every second day, but sometimes every day, and rarely twice a day. It depends on my schedule which is pretty random, and my sports playing schedule too. Sometimes I'm exhausted and don't have time to shower. And sometimes I don't feel like having to re-blowdry my hair. But then if I'm going out I might want to shower to be able to wash and dry my hair so that it's nice. I don't think it's gross at all to not shower for two day if you're not a smelly person. I believe it's healthy for your hair and skin to have some natural oils. I wash my face twice a day. And also have very good oral hygiene (brush 2+ times, floss once a day)
I fully agree with the first part of your post. there are over 20.000.000 (yes, twenty-million) bacteria on each cm2 of your hand, no matter how often you wash your hands. another proven fact; overprotective mothers, or growing up in an extremely clean surrounding is the number 1 cause of allergies.

I shower at least once a day, because it's simply something that belongs to my dayrhythm. I NEED my dayrhythm & somewhat of a daily schedule. I go insane without it. I've suffered from depression & the only thing that *I* can do to keep myself together in one piece mentally, is simply knowing a few things that will happen & that I'll do for certain, when I start my day. for instance that I WILL take a shower. if I've had a party, am drenched in beer/vomit/anything else that doesn't belong on me, if I worked out & am sweaty, if I have to go somewhere & I have to look real good, THEN I'll possibly take that second shower. in other cases I just consider it a waste of time. plus it gives me dry, itchy skin.

the_GoDdEsS
03-14-2005, 11:25 AM
usually showers are a once a week thing for them, how can you do that? ew.

Fucking disgusting.

Vera
03-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Every second day for me, unless I've exercised a lot and feel all sweaty or if I'm just plain dirty. Every second day usually just happens because I don't like showering if I don't wash my hair and washing my hair every day just makes my hair get really greasy really fast, which I don't think.

Besides, I tend to think ecologically. I fucking hate people who let the water run when they're not using it. I'm like "FFS think of the fucking Africans!" and turn the water off. It just pisses me off. Complete waste of energy and water. You might not pay your electricity bills, but how cool will it be when your children are suffering from the energy crisis?

[/rant mode]

nitropenguin!
03-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Besides, I tend to think ecologically. I fucking hate people who let the water run when they're not using it. I'm like "FFS think of the fucking Africans!" and turn the water off. It just pisses me off. Complete waste of energy and water. You might not pay your electricity bills, but how cool will it be when your children are suffering from the energy crisis?

[/rant mode]
Definitely, my mom is totally absent-minded well it comes to the dishes. She's damn near close to turning the tap all the way for one dish and I have to yell at her about it, haha. And I'm actually trying to aim to showering every second day, a lot more reasonable.
And this thread turned into Clean Freaks Rejoice pretty quick. ^.^

Vera
03-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Of course, depends on shower length. One short shower every day is better than one reeeeaaally long one every second day.

HeadAroundU
03-14-2005, 01:16 PM
I believe in Santa claus :D

HeadAroundU
03-14-2005, 01:24 PM
I 'll take shower after every soccer training & when I feel I'm dirty and stinky.
I hate stinky people :cool:
Today I saw 3 slovakian gipsy children in the tram :D They were dirty as hell!!!! If i had dig camera......dammit it was funny

the_GoDdEsS
03-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Wah, gyppos! Eek.

Endymion
03-14-2005, 02:09 PM
*shrug* i usually shower every morning, but i could go longer without feeling too nasty.

Just a Girl
03-14-2005, 02:27 PM

i am a huge obsessive-compulsive clean freak so i agree. but... you think a quick rinse is bad? what about the people who ONLY SPLASH THEIR FINGERTIPS?! *deep breaths*

bah, i have to shower everyday and i wash my hands for absolutely no reason.

Vera
03-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Using soap every time you wash your hands first of all dries your skin. Second of all, germophobics, some bacteria is good. If you protect yourself too much from bacteria and germs, your resistance towards them lowers significantly and you start catching bugs easier. Like a kid who grows up in a family with a pet most likely won't become allergic to hairy pets as they grow up.

A long enough rinse under warm water is enough, unless your hands are dirty dirty.

JoY
03-14-2005, 03:56 PM
*nods* exactly.

arak0r
03-14-2005, 04:05 PM
as an official member of the cleaning fascist club, i have to say, ive been sick really bad, maybe once in my life, and i keep as clean as i can. apparently spending all that time washing up hasnt hurt me.

in fact the only time i can remember being reaaaaaally sick was when i had the flu this past january, thats the only time i can remember in the last ten years ;\

JoY
03-14-2005, 04:10 PM
that doesn't necessarily points out a relation between your health & your cleanness.

arak0r
03-14-2005, 04:24 PM
that doesn't necessarily points out a relation between your health & your cleanness.

it points out that cleaning as much as i do, isnt hurting me :rolleyes:

JoY
03-14-2005, 04:30 PM
how can you possibly know? maybe you'll wake up sick tomorrow, or maybe that one time, when you
-were- sick, was caused by your cleanness. maybe dirty people will live longer.

arak0r
03-14-2005, 04:44 PM
how can you possibly know? maybe you'll wake up sick tomorrow, or maybe that one time, when you
-were- sick, was caused by your cleanness. maybe dirty people will live longer.

everyone dies eventually. keeping clean is hardly hurting me as of now, and hasnt for 22 years. i will not live in filth, or stay dirty, and use fear of possibly getting sick because i killed a few germs that were on my hands

JohnnyNemesis
03-14-2005, 07:29 PM
There are too many great responses here to get to everyone, so I'll just nod and say thanks to most of you.

But my whole pro-soap/water stance has little to do with germs, and more to do with common sense. It's just something you should do, I think. Especially if, for whatever reason, some fluids get on your hands.

dirtybird
03-14-2005, 07:33 PM
There are too many great responses here to get to everyone, so I'll just nod and say thanks to most of you.

But my whole pro-soap/water stance has little to do with germs, and more to do with common sense. It's just something you should do, I think. Especially if, for whatever reason, some fluids get on your hands.

IF you have good common sense... the world seems to be running short of it.

Betty
03-14-2005, 08:22 PM
I get colds pretty often, I will admit... maybe 2-3 times a year. But I very rarely get sick enough where I can't function and have to stay in bed, and have to miss school/work (like 3 times ever since I was a little tiny kid). I embrace germs and am a very healthy individual. Also, my mom is a nurse so she probably brings home tons of germs too.

JohnnyNemesis
03-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Luckily for you though, I bet she brings home just as many meds, or if not, she just knows how to take care of that.

Betty
03-14-2005, 08:46 PM
I avoid medication like the plague. And the doctor.

vintagepunkrock7
03-15-2005, 01:43 AM
Fucking disgusting.
ha, youre telling me, im the one who has to live with the dirty bitches. can you believe they actually call me a clean freak for showering everyday?!

JoY
03-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Luckily for you though, I bet she brings home just as many meds, or if not, she just knows how to take care of that.
mums & dads bringing home medicines definitely isn't being lucky.

Just a Girl
03-15-2005, 02:09 PM
i'm hardly ever ill, and i recover from illnesses very quickly. on the other hand, i'm allergic to a lot of cosmeticky things, though no foods. but that's been since forever, so... iono.

i have a thing about washing my hands. i don't know why. as i said, i'm a bit obsessive-compulsive.

Noodles is gay
03-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Like a kid who grows up in a family with a pet most likely won't become allergic to hairy pets as they grow up.

I've had cats all my life and now i'm allergic to them! Fucking sucks. :mad:

Anyway though:

- Yeah, people who don't wash their hands piss me off
- I have a shower every morning, occasionally in the evening too
- All the good music has gone; but i don't rant about it obsessively (even though i feel strongly about it)
- Tripboy is a moron; i practically ignore him

Skate Rat 19
03-15-2005, 04:33 PM
well when ur 14 pickin ur nose and what not that doesn't matter much, but everything else is very true. Except that ALL drama and reality shows are overrated.

JohnnyNemesis
03-15-2005, 07:51 PM
If you're at Harvard, aren't you supposed to know your stuff?

Yes, you're SUPPOSED to know your stuff. But that doesn't mean that every Harvard student/graduate does know their stuff. And knowing the kind of stuff that'll get you through Harvard does not equal intelligence; it's possible to bullshit your way out of any elite institution, Harvard included. Take a trip to one of these elite colleges, and actually get a feel for the students there. You'll see that booksmarts are an overrated measure of intelligence! And hey, Ann Coulter's a Harvard graduate...I think that says it all!

Isn't Deep Purple better than... anything ppl listen today?

Um, nope! :D

dirtybird
03-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Yes, you're SUPPOSED to know your stuff. But that doesn't mean that every Harvard student/graduate does know their stuff. And knowing the kind of stuff that'll get you through Harvard does not equal intelligence; it's possible to bullshit your way out of any elite institution, Harvard included. Take a trip to one of these elite colleges, and actually get a feel for the students there. You'll see that booksmarts are an overrated measure of intelligence! And hey, Ann Coulter's a Harvard graduate...I think that says it all!

Logical smart is a different type of booksmart all together. Given the choice, I'd choose logic.

SicN Twisted
03-15-2005, 11:11 PM
I especially agree with the college bit. All college is to me is a shortcut in the rat race, it doesn't represent intelligence at all.

dirtybird
03-15-2005, 11:12 PM
It's what you do with the knowledge that you gain that makes you smart, I think.

rock4life09
03-16-2005, 06:23 AM

ewww i hate it when people dont even shower at least once a day!!! i always shower in the morning and before i go to bed. i love taking showers! it makes you feel refreshed and not all gross feeling.

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2005, 08:29 AM
What about all the frustrated ppl who are jealous of real cleverness & seek to undermine other ppl's self-confidence by underrating their scholarly achievements? It's well-known that in the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Any anyhow, ppl just indulge in mediocrity... when they see someone who seems different or really clever, they use him as a scapegoat, & this kind of thing usually happens to ppl who for some reason are doing good at college.

Maria

The thing is, jealousy is rarely an issue in this case. In my opinion, people who go to these elite institutions and have great scholarly achievenents should be very proud and confident, and I'll personally congratulate the people who do the work necessary to make it through. But the truth is that intelligence has little to do with it; it's more about hard work than anything.

Betty
03-16-2005, 03:59 PM
I agree AND disagree with the school thing. Maria definitely has a point...

Being in university I have seen first hand that yes, there are a lot of people who aren't very bright. Not many are total idiots. But lots are of average intelligence. Some of the people who do really well work REALLY hard and just memorize, memorize, memorize. Or rehash what the prof says.

And then some are smart at school... say math geniuses... but have zero social skills.

Some of the people who are really smart don't care and get shitty grades or don't go to college/university at all.

BUT, there are some really intelligent people who do go to school and excel at it and their intelligence should definitely not be underrated.

So, basically, I don't think people should generalize, because there are all different types.

On the whole I believe, and I'm sure Sic would disagree, that people who do attend post secondary education, are more intelligent than those who don't. And it's kinda annoying that some people think that anyone can do it, because definitely not anyone could get into Harvard, at least for some programs.

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2005, 07:16 PM
So, basically, I don't think people should generalize, because there are all different types.

That's pretty much what I was getting at, but I was trying to break down some myths first.

nitropenguin!
03-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Get to it faster, Johnny! =P

And Betty, you really have your beliefs spread out and comprehensive. Good job, I agree.

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2005, 07:30 PM
But you see penguinlady, I work a certain way, and you must not disrupt the NEMESISCYCLEô. Doing so would cause a horrible defect in the...

*continues ranting for an hour or so*

*returns*

...so you see, Scott Stapp really DOES have down syndrome, and that's why he always sung like that.

nitropenguin!
03-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Omgz. Wittle Johnny, you scare me sometimes.
<3

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Scaring you is my middle name! Woo!

Wait, that doesn't make sen--...

<3.

DirtyMagical
03-16-2005, 10:44 PM
I ussually shower every other day, since:

((bleached+dyed hair)+(shampoo+conditioner))x everyday = FRIZ

Sunny
03-16-2005, 10:53 PM
- agreed. sometimes i forget though.. *hangs head in shame* I do wash my hands a lot though, so.. hm. As for showers, I do at least once a day. I can't wake up without one, and I feel gross if i don't shower. ;x I'm a bit obsessive about bathing, so.. =/ Sometimes I shower/bathe twice a day. it makes me feel better.

- *nod*

- *nod*

- yess.

- *nod again*

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Like I said, showers are like coffee to me; I cant function without one. I feel icky and just plain uncomfortable all day without a nice shower. So yeah, I'm totally with you, Sunny. *high five*

*never washes hand again ala Bart Simpson*