PDA

View Full Version : Just a theory...

Mannen som blev en gris
03-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Twins are made by two sperms in one egg (is that what you call it?) and they look pretty much the same. That must prove that all sperms "look the same" and that it's only the woman who can "control" how the child will look. I was thinking and that was what I came up with, and I wonder, is it true? Or am I missing something?

BuddyHolly
03-14-2005, 08:13 AM
i think you're missing something

Mannen som blev en gris
03-14-2005, 08:15 AM
Yeah....just don't know what...

KappaWing
03-14-2005, 08:19 AM
That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Anyone with a 7th grade education knows that heredity is determined by DNA and chance. Sperm look the same because they carry DNA internally. The egg also contains DNA. The DNA mix and a hybrid is formed, with the dominent genes carried within the DNA overriding the recessive genes. Next time, please consult a knowledgeable source before posting something like this.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-14-2005, 08:29 AM
I seriously didn't understand anything of that.....

JoY
03-14-2005, 09:02 AM
my GOD, you need some extra biology lessons.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Could you give me some? Just kidding, I HATE biology.

KappaWing
03-14-2005, 09:08 AM
You also hate English too, I take it.

Edit: Smart move correcting it! :)

JoY
03-14-2005, 09:09 AM
then why even bother trying to make a point on the subject, when you obviously don't know jack shit about it?

Tijs
03-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Twins are made by two sperms in one egg (is that what you call it?) and they look pretty much the same. That must prove that all sperms "look the same" and that it's only the woman who can "control" how the child will look. I was thinking and that was what I came up with, and I wonder, is it true? Or am I missing something?

It's not like that, you have 'one egged twins' and 'two egged twins'. I guess that's what you call it in English though.

One egged twins:
The female usually produces one egg a aprox. 28 days. The male produces millions of sperms a day. But only one can get into the female's egg. But it sometimes happens that after the female egg has been fertilised, the egg splits in two. So there are two babies, from one egg and one sperm. They look a lot like eachother. These twins are always two girls or two boys.

Two egged twins:
Sometimes the female produces two or more eggs. All of them can get feritilised, thus you get more than one baby, but they look like normal brothers and sisters do. These twins can be either 1 boy/1 girl or 2 girls or 2 boys.

Tijs
03-14-2005, 09:36 AM
This image may help you:

http://www.geocities.com/twins_by_twins/twins.jpg

Mannen som blev en gris
03-14-2005, 09:50 AM
I was talking about one egged twins, but there's no idea trying to explain, as someone said... :o

Mannen som blev en gris
03-14-2005, 09:52 AM

Edit: Smart move correcting it! :)
:) I'm actually the best or second best or so in english in my class....:) Some people don't know when to use am, are or is.

JoY
03-14-2005, 09:54 AM
being the second best in your class doesn't mean you're good at it.

KappaWing
03-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Oh I see, I you're from Sweden. Sorry for the grammatical inquisistion. :)

sKratch
03-14-2005, 10:09 AM
then why even bother trying to make a point on the subject, when you obviously don't know jack shit about it?
I was going to say something to that extent.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-14-2005, 10:11 AM
being the second best in your class doesn't mean you're good at it.
No, I was more pointing out that if I'm second best, the rest of my class must be really bad.

JoY
03-14-2005, 10:15 AM
No, I was more pointing out that if I'm second best, the rest of my class must be really bad.
aw, haha. I didn't say your English is bad.
you just did, though. :p

it's just that your biological knowledge sucks buckets of sperm.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Oh I see, I you're from Sweden. Sorry for the grammatical inquisistion. :)

. . . . . . .

Vera
03-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Argh, basic fucking biology!

Det är inte så svårt, verkligen!

Noodles is gay
03-14-2005, 11:34 AM
after the female egg has been fertilised, the egg splits in two. So there are two babies, from one egg and one sperm.

Thank god for that - i thought i had totally messed up ideas about biology for a few minutes there!

Turns out i was right, again though...

Vera
03-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Turns out i was right, again though...
On this BBS, that doesn't mean jack shit.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Another stupid question while we're still on the biology subject...It's a guy thing: I doubt that you ever walk around naked in the sun. Still, your penis is not completly white. It should be pure white, but it isn't. Why is that?

Vera
03-15-2005, 09:07 AM
It's different type of skin there?

Betty
03-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Another stupid question while we're still on the biology subject...It's a guy thing: I doubt that you ever walk around naked in the sun. Still, your penis is not completly white. It should be pure white, but it isn't. Why is that?

You mean pure white compared to the rest of your skin if the rest of your skin is pure white? (which it isn't, cause of melanin - I think is the word!).

Cause if you're just asking why it's somewhat pinkish or whatever, I'm with Vera... it's just different skin... more sensitive... like that inside your nose or your ears or your hands...

dirtybird
03-15-2005, 09:53 PM
On this BBS, that doesn't mean jack shit.

Wearing our ovaries on the outside, are we?