PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Singles

dirtybird
03-14-2005, 10:43 PM
I've heard alot of people say Splinter had a poor choice of singles, so now it's your turn to decide what they should have done.

neocon58
03-15-2005, 01:29 AM
the noose, yeah right. splinter would have only sold to the hardcore fans if the noose was selected. they have to pick at least slightly commercial songs.

race against myself would have been ideal for 1st single. it shows a side of the band not often seen, the heavy, serious side.

frankly the public are sick and tired of hearing songs like pretty fly and hit that.

Jackish
03-15-2005, 02:44 AM
the noose, yeah right. splinter would have only sold to the hardcore fans if the noose was selected. they have to pick at least slightly commercial songs.

race against myself would have been ideal for 1st single. it shows a side of the band not often seen, the heavy, serious side.

frankly the public are sick and tired of hearing songs like pretty fly and hit that.

Aye that is true. I think the noose might have been not that bad for a second single though. People aren't afraid of 'heavy' stuff anymore - Well "heavy" is what the average joe would call it i guess.

MaaQhimself
03-15-2005, 06:11 AM
the album would have sold more if the first single was cant get my heard around you or the noose.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
03-15-2005, 06:13 AM
Lighting Road very nice song ^_^ and the noose too so the desision itīs hard and we must choose one and iīll go for the noose ^_^

Mannen som blev en gris
03-17-2005, 09:47 AM
I chose "The Noose" because then people maybe would have taken them seriously.

Jimbob2005
03-17-2005, 12:11 PM
race against myself
its serious and a wiked song

Kitten
03-17-2005, 01:01 PM
In regards to Spare Me The Details, maybe they will release it as the single for the Greatest Hits. Over here it got a fair bit of radio play (and still does).

Revolver-2005?
03-17-2005, 01:20 PM
I think The Noose should have been a single...its awesome and fast paced...people would like it

Obie2trice
03-19-2005, 01:05 AM
the album would have sold more if the first single was cant get my heard around you or the noose.

Think before you type, CGMHY almost didn`t get any airplay

neocon58
03-19-2005, 02:15 AM
it would be cool if they released the remake of dirty magic as a single for the greatest hits, then they would be able to put it back into the live set.

But you'd also get these noobs thinking there hardcore coz they know an 'old song'

Lullaby
03-19-2005, 02:37 AM
race against myself would be great...or the noose....its kinda annoying cause everybody thinks that theyve only songs like 'pretty fly' 'hit that' and 'want you bad' :rolleyes:

Come out and smash'em up!
03-19-2005, 06:32 AM
This is weird way of thinking but if they would had realeased race against my self as a single it would have been as great hit as boulavard of broken dreams and that would have made Offspring mainstream band as greenday now days which is bad, because The offspring is a real punk band what you can see in the noose.

Dark-Dirt
03-19-2005, 08:46 AM
hit tat is the best! :confused: