PDA

View Full Version : nitro records???

voodoomagik
03-15-2005, 04:06 AM
i know that the offspring's 4album contract with columbia records has expired!!!!a pretty fucke-up contract:lawsuits,napster...stuff like that...there are some rumours that offspring will launch their next album and the best-of..at nitro -records...is that true???....anyway..it wud be great :)

Jesus
03-15-2005, 04:27 AM
i know that the offspring's 4album contract with columbia records has expired!!!!a pretty fucke-up contract:lawsuits,napster...stuff like that...there are some rumours that offspring will launch their next album and the best-of..at nitro -records...is that true???....anyway..it wud be great :)

Don't think so, Nitro's way too small for that and their contract with columbia hasn't expired either.

voodoomagik
03-15-2005, 05:02 AM
it hasnt expired...then they must of renewed it...bcoz it was for 4 albums:ixnay,americana,co1,and now splinter!!!!!!!

Little_Miss_1565
03-15-2005, 05:25 AM
I'm pretty sure it was for five albums, and if AFI went to Dreamworks because they were getting too big for Nitro's resources to do justice, something tells me there might be some feasibility problems with releasing a new Offspring album. But who knows, Nitro's getting mighty big itself.

Jesus
03-15-2005, 05:35 AM
it hasnt expired...then they must of renewed it...bcoz it was for 4 albums:ixnay,americana,co1,and now splinter!!!!!!!

5 albums, ixnay was a split between epitaph (in Europe for instance) and columbia. So 4 full albums only on Columbia, one more to go then ;).

Could be that they even prolonged it, I don't know

voodoomagik
03-15-2005, 05:51 AM
ah...so one album on columbia..anyway ...i heared some time ago about an interview with dexter,just after co1 was released and he said some things about retireing and stuff like that,but he said that they had one more album to do for columbia records...anyway i presumed that it was a 4 album contract...my guess is that columbia wont make them a new offer..with all the scandals,napster adverising on their site,axl rose lawsuits...if they wont go to nitro at least it wud be cool for them to get back where they started .....on epitaph records!!!!bad religion got back there too and things are looking good for them....the new album's sound is cool...epitaph is getting bigger and bigger...and the bands they have there can sustain that!!!if offspring goes back to epitaph it would be like a reunion!!!

Venezuelan_Nightmare
03-15-2005, 06:10 AM
Ans what about the next disc? i eamn who will be the company? sorry but i dunnu about it

dexterisMYman
03-15-2005, 10:18 AM
im pretty sure they resigned w/ columbia. sing the sorrow(afi) was done in part w/ nitro cuz most contracts r 10yrs. so i think the contract the offspring had w/ columbia was '95-'05 and they did or will resign.

voodoomagik
03-16-2005, 02:50 AM
i dont think it's a matter about nitro having the resources to produce or not an offspring album!!!!bcoz lets face it...dexter knows alot i believe about the music industry and he has his relations in this domain!!!they can easily record the album at nitro and then sign an contract with a big distribution company who wud place the album all around the world!!!how do u think epitaph records managed smash...a small indie label managed to bring the album in europe asia and so on...............

billiejoe87_greenday
03-16-2005, 02:52 AM
Sadly, as soon as there contract runs out, offspring are history with columbia (sorry) unless quickly they make a turn around album. Fingers crossed for another smash.

voodoomagik
03-16-2005, 03:00 AM
i dont think the essential thing is another contract with columbia!!!

billiejoe87_greenday
03-16-2005, 03:02 AM
Its essential if the offspring wanna stay be a bigtime band

4eh
03-16-2005, 04:12 AM

it would not be great cause in such Countries like Russia or Romania(! important for you) the albums would be very expensive cause "nitro" is not an internationak record label.

voodoomagik
03-16-2005, 08:49 AM
hehe...look here ..im used to that...do u know that splinter still isnt on the market here????AND OH MY GOD IT"S COLUMBIA RECORDS>>HOT_SHOT LABEL..do u know how many times mtv romania played hit that ---once!!!cant get my head around you???--never..i am already used to this sorts of things..i wud pay more 4 an album if only it wud be on the market!!!!columbia has left the offspring!!!after the napster scandal...they shud make things happen 4 a band like offspring who deserves it...i mean lets all admit it..i wud like offspring to be more outgoing(some wud call them sellouts)but i d like to see them on tv all day and stuff like that!!!!oh yeah and does columbia records choose the singles off the albums..if so this label sux....how about vultures,million miles away dammit i changed again,race against myself,long way home,staring at the sun,..who will never see the light-- some ppl cud of been big fans by now,....

offspringintenselyrock
03-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Woah! Offspring not on the market? I feel so sorry for you! In my local little town they have all of Offspring's albulms on sale. Even self-titled. Maybe you should get your albulms off the net.

voodoomagik
03-16-2005, 01:32 PM
yeah...i was in austria 2 summers ago and i purchased the self-titled and ignition...i found here ixnay americana,co1,..i guess ill get splinter from a frind who works abroad!!!kinda sux..no splinter in romania yet..and i guess itll never be!!!

smash85
03-16-2005, 01:55 PM
i dont know who there signing with for the next album but i know there producer is jerry finn, i also heard that there working on some "reworked older songs" ....wonder what songs they could be. oh yeah offspring will keep going on and on

Jimbob2005
03-16-2005, 01:59 PM
where i live, even though my home town is shit, providing you look at all the music shops there, you'll probably find all their albs - keep looking at different days!

billiejoe87_greenday
03-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Man in sydney every shop with cd's sells Offspring albums and heaps of the major stores sell all there old stuff. Its never been hard to find.

HeadAroundU
03-16-2005, 02:46 PM
I'm from Slovakia.And its impossible to find Ignition and S/T!!
Smash,ixnay....etc.......its ok..
I bought all offspring CD's when I was in the USA(houston) :)

bouncingcoles
03-16-2005, 02:57 PM
offspring will live on!

voodoomagik
07-22-2005, 03:01 AM
well, sorry to bring this up but .....there goes the 5th album....

voodoomagik
07-22-2005, 08:25 AM
any rumours? anybody?

IdiotOfTheDay
07-22-2005, 09:13 AM
it wud be cool for them to get back where they started .....on epitaph records!!!!bad religion got back there too and things are looking good for them....the new album's sound is cool...epitaph is getting bigger and bigger...and the bands they have there can sustain that!!!if offspring goes back to epitaph it would be like a reunion!!!
It was a bitter split with Epitaph, Brett kept trying to get them to do things with other labels that they didn't want to do. So they signed to Comlumbia to become, ironically, more independent. And people calling them sell-outs for signing to Columbia, but that's shit; they made it clear when they signed that they wanted to do their own thing and Columbia couldn't mess with that. Anyway, if they switch labels, it's unlikely that they'll go back to Epitaph.
And that's not a rumor, I read it in an interview with Dexter.

imissron
07-22-2005, 12:03 PM
If the offspring's contract with columbia expires, that doesn't mean they have to go back to nitro. there are a lot of major record companies out there.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Even if they were to go back to epitaph, for some crazy reason, its not like all of a sudden they would produce -smash type hits- anyways.

Apathy
07-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Sadly, as soon as there contract runs out, offspring are history with columbia (sorry) unless quickly they make a turn around album. Fingers crossed for another smash.

I think people would have their fingers crossed for another smash even if they had a lifetime contract :rolleyes: