PDA

View Full Version : bad religion,afi,offspring,greenday +/-

voodoomagik
03-15-2005, 06:14 AM
in my opinion these 4 bands are the best punk bands that are still kickin' out there!!!
bad religion-
(+)its a mature band,with 18 albums,the parents of modern punk,very deep lyrics,u can find in their songs philosophycal concepts,greg grafin has a kick-ass voice,they also have 3 guitarists(one of them brett gurawitz)and so the sound is a lil diferent from other punk bands.
(-)they arent outgoin'..i mean only a few ppl heared thier songs
afi
(+)very good lyrics,diferent aproach on the punk style
(-)havok's voice sometimes pisses me off,it can become a lil depressive
offspring
-well i dont know what can i say about offspring!!!theyre just....offspring ...u be the judges
greenday
(+)i love their new album,they came back strong
(-)tre cool :)

scotishabbit
03-15-2005, 07:25 AM
offspring the best band ever one of the most mature in the lyrics and they know what they do, they really play punk not as green day, green day is rock-pop, green day isnt punk
bad religion is an incredible band the second best band
green day is a good band just that
afi whats that?

Jojan
03-15-2005, 07:51 AM
offspring ++
(+) good band. good music.
(-) commercial

bad religion +
(+) quite good
(-) old

afi +
(+) the old songs
(-) the new songs

green day --
(+) basket case
(-) commercial and suck.

HeadAroundU
03-15-2005, 08:49 AM
offspring ++

bad religion +
(+) quite good
(-) old

afi +
(-) the old songs
(+) the new songs(last 3 albums)

green day --
(+) basket case
(-) commercial and suck.
now its OK :)

Jimbob2005
03-15-2005, 02:49 PM
offspring are the #1 punk band, period

dgnanashi
03-15-2005, 02:53 PM
What's wrong with Tre Cool?

scotishabbit
03-15-2005, 02:53 PM
offspring rules

Satankaban
03-15-2005, 10:19 PM
The Offspring and Bad Religion are my favourite bands. I used to like Green Day, but their latest album is shit (just 3 good songs and the rest is shit). I donīt know what to say about AFI, because I just know only "Totalimmortal" by The Offspring and I know itīs originally by AFI. But if The Offspring didnīt remake that song (I mean there are same riffs, same melody and so on), so AFI is a great band!!!

dirtybird
03-15-2005, 10:21 PM
I haven't heard much of Bad Religon, but The Offspring are my favorite band, and I like Greenday for their music, not for what they say they are. The only problem with AFI is that one guy who dresses like Good Charlotte.

CommonRider
03-16-2005, 12:09 AM
offspring
(+) Lots of diversity, lots of power and catchiness
(-) Pop songs dont match rest of CD, style hasent changed much for the past 3 CDs.

bad religion
(+) tons and tons of solid songs with smart lyrics and catchy choruses
(-) Lack of 10/10 songs that ud buy a CD for, havent changed much after a dozen CDs.

afi
(+) Unique style for the past few CDs, not afraid to change their style
(-) Recently they have been trying to sell their image, and have completely sold out, lame.

green day
(+) Very solid, and some great classics like When I Come Around/ Good Riddance
(-) they have hardly changed since fricken Kerplunk

billiejoe87_greenday
03-16-2005, 12:12 AM
I wreckon best ever punk bands are:

*Green Day - They just rock. Never seen a better live show!! Never heard better music ever.

*The Offspring - Along with Green Day opened up punk to the world, and have some of the best old punk ever made.

*Blink 182 - Now don't turn your heads in disgust! I just wreckon the few good blink songs are incredible, and the rest is absolute shit.

*Sum 41 - Along with Blink they have their awesome and pathetic songs.

Did anyone ever think Avril was punk?

voodoomagik
03-16-2005, 01:44 AM
hehe..avril punk???maybe punk wannabe!!!cause if u noticed the punk image seels alot of records nowadays!!!and what about sum41???i really dont like the music they make!!!!bad religion is a very special band with tons of interesting lyrics and yeah as someone mentioned before they have those very cool and catchy choruses ...i dont know...that u dont hear anymore nowadays..anyway the founded the modern punk!!!!!also i consider bad religion to be more mature than the offspring,they are a complete band.....although in my hearth i prefer offspring..because they got me into punk!!it's hard to make choose ur favorite band when it comes to this!!!but hey ..thats just my opinion!!!i like greenday especially for "when i come around"(i dunno the sound and the lyrics are catchy) and some other stuff-but i dunno they dont have "that something"(i remind you that this is just my opinion)...and afi ...i guess i didnt got to know them quite well..but they have something special(that's for sure)!!!

4eh
03-16-2005, 03:21 AM
Offspring ++:
(+) i can't say anything all they do - rules

Bad Religion ++
(+) cool lyrics and music
(-)their new fans suck

AFI +
(+) cool ballads
(-) his voice sometimes suck

Green Day +-
(+) cool songs
(-) fuckingn sleazy commercial punk rock sellers

Satankaban
03-16-2005, 04:48 AM
I have just heard something from AFI. Itīs from the latest album. Itīs not so good as I thought. Itīs not my taste.

Striker
03-16-2005, 05:11 AM
Another two huge punk bands: NoFX, Rancid.

voodoomagik
03-16-2005, 07:29 AM
wow...i love some rancid songs..but i hate when (i-dunno-his-name)takes over the vocals(ruby so-ho)...wha the fuck is wrong with him???

Striker
03-16-2005, 12:48 PM
dude, I think Lars has a fuckin great voice...

Jimbob2005
03-16-2005, 01:25 PM
bad religion r apparently good - i must borrow sum of their stuff

0r4ng3
04-14-2005, 01:04 PM
The Offspring
+ Hello, they're the Offspring!
- Kill the President removed from s/t

Bad Religion
+ Good sounding punk band
- I can't find any cds before The New America

Green Day
+ Insomniac is underrated
- Dookie is overrated

AFI
+ (I dunno, im not a big fan)
- their newest songs
________
Toyota corolla e100 history (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Corolla_E100)

Evil-Dead
04-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Bad Religion is the best band ever and even though they started in 1980 they sound more fresh than most punk bands who only exit for like 5 years

dirtybird
04-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Bad Religion - Bleh.

Greenday - They have their highs and lows

AFI - They're not exactly punk

Offspring - They just kick ass.

NoFX - No.

Sum 41 - Favorite besides The Offspring (out of punk bands still playing)

Jimbob2005
04-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Bad Religion are quite good actually

dirtybird
04-14-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't like them.

Jimbob2005
04-14-2005, 01:41 PM
I don't like them.
I don't really like AFI not because they are punk, but the lead singers vocals are shit

Pennywise and Millencolin are good though, and NOFX are also a good band

dirtybird
04-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Did I ask?

Jimbob2005
04-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Did I ask?
No but I felt like quoting anyway

Why, what is your problem?

dirtybird
04-14-2005, 02:07 PM
I don't care... at all...

time to disclaime
04-14-2005, 04:02 PM
ok, first of all a.f.i. is very punk go pick yourselves up a copy of "answer that and stay fashionable"

Bad religion rules all. brett one of the guitarist founded Epitaph even tho u probably all knew that

offspring hey i wouldnt be on this board if they wernt increadable

greenday i like there old stuff but american idiot wasnt that great, but i did see them live

bouncingcoles
04-14-2005, 06:26 PM
offspring ++
(-) commercial

bad religion +
(+) quite good
(-) old

afi +
(+) the old songs
(-) the new songs

green day --
(+) basket case
(-) commercial and suck.

i dont think there is anything wrong with bad religion being old, if they werent old they just wouldnt be bad religion but i agree with you on greenday and AFI. new AFI sucks cock. (in my opinion)

BassDude
04-14-2005, 06:27 PM
(@X@) Boobies. Tee-hee.

valisicus
04-14-2005, 06:32 PM
i get alot of shit for LOVING The Offspring (my fav band) from DUMB SHITS who are in LOVE with good charolite and simple plan. i have been playing guitar and bass for a year and i can play better than them. The Offspring's song are at least a little challenging

+) The Offspring has played good music since their beginning
-) Ron Welty left. who was a KICK ASS drummer