PDA

View Full Version : If you could pick any record company for the band to go to...

smashitup-
03-15-2005, 07:39 AM
which one would you pick? Im just curious to see what people think of this.

Im actually not too sure about this. I kind of want the band to leave Columbia because of the poor job they did with Splinter, but again I thought they did a good job with Ixnay, Americana and CO1. What do you guys think?

mrconeman
03-15-2005, 10:28 AM
which one would you pick? Im just curious to see what people think of this.

Im actually not too sure about this. I kind of want the band to leave Columbia because of the poor job they did with Splinter, but again I thought they did a good job with Ixnay, Americana and CO1. What do you guys think?

I think (know) record labels have nothing to do with how an album sounds, they only promote it and provide the discs to sell the songs on, the producer and the band are the only people who make the songs sound like what they sound like

smashitup-
03-15-2005, 10:45 AM
I think (know) record labels have nothing to do with how an album sounds, they only promote it and provide the discs to sell the songs on, the producer and the band are the only people who make the songs sound like what they sound like

I know that, but I thought that Columbia did a very poor job promoting Splinter.

BuddyHolly
03-15-2005, 10:48 AM
I guess Epitaph would be a good recordlabel for them although i think they'll never return to that one. Columbia will only be good for them when they make another hit-record. I don't know what other recordcompany they should go to.

smashitup-
03-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Heres why I think Splinter didnt do aswell as the bands other albums:

95% was Columbia's fault. Admit it guys. Who actually saw the Hit That video? I had to download it. Same with Splinters second single. Never saw eather on Much Music. The CD just wasnt advertised at all. Columbia did a nice job with Ixnay, Americana and I thought a pretty good job with CO1 but they did a very poor job of advertizing Splinter. The 4% of that is probly the singles they chose. It could of been Cant Get My (Head Around You) being the first single then The Noose as the second single. But then again, the past singles where Original Prankster, Why Dont You Get a Job and Pretty Fly which Much Music and other music channels aired a ton of times. I remember back in 2000 when the video for Original Prankster was on every 30 minutes. Same goes for the Americana videos. I think Columbia did a great job up until Splinter.

smashitup-
03-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Here's why they WONT return to Epitaph:

http://members.aol.com/delirium4u/offspring/letter1.txt