PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to sound like Dr. Phill, but..

JoY
03-15-2005, 07:49 AM
are you happy? I mean overal. does it take you effort to raise the corners of your mouth to a smile?

why are/aren't you? & really, I mean WHY? which are the aspects in your life, that make the difference between happiness & unhappiness?

I just came back from the supermarket & suddenly this question popped up in my little head. so many people look like they've never known any joy in their life, no matter how tiny. I was thinking they probably don't recognise the good things that go on around them as being good.

JoY
03-15-2005, 08:01 AM
your posting-style is pretty vague & you didn't answer my question at all.

I don't know
03-15-2005, 08:07 AM
I think I'm happy, and is so easy for me too smile or laugh, hehehehe :D

HeadAroundU
03-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Sounds like Dr.Phill ??? :D

Radi0_havana52
03-15-2005, 08:11 AM
are you happy? I mean overal. does it take you effort to raise the corners of your mouth to a smile?

why are/aren't you? & really, I mean WHY? which are the aspects in your life, that make the difference between happiness & unhappiness?

I just came back from the supermarket & suddenly this question popped up in my little head. so many people look like they've never known any joy in their life, no matter how tiny. I was thinking they probably don't recognise the good things that go on around them as being good.
I'm not happy because my grandma hates my mom when ever i go to my mom my grandma gets pissed off. another reason i ain't happy is my best friend is on heroin. and i don't have a girl friend. and i'm depressed for no reason

there dr. phil

Izie
03-15-2005, 08:11 AM
Yah, I'd say I'm happy. Not all the time, of course, but rather often these days. Why? Let's see.

a) Ken. Gonna sound awfully corny and girly, but I don't care. Sometimes it's just enough to wake up, here, now, and see the tiny blonde head next to mine, to make my otherwise insanely bad morning mood turn cheerful. Sometimes it's just nice to know, that there is someone here, who doesn't have to love me, who isn't anything to me in any objective way, but who still IS there, loving me and caring for me, even, when I suck hairy donkey balls. And sometimes it's just nice to have this whole imaginary life built out in my head, regardless of the fact that I know it doesn't have to happen that way, it's just nice to know that it's possible to dream it.

b) Me, really. I love being able to look in the mirror and think good things about myself. I like being able to call myself successful, in some way. I'm happy that I'm able to set goals and reach them. I'm happy I'm able to enjoy the goals I have reached, and I don't have to run after the next one headlessly. I'm happy I'm able to be a better person than I thought I was.

c) As stupid as it sounds, sunshine. When the sun shines, I'm bouncy and cheerful and happy, and nothing can ruin my mood. Not a lot anyway.

d) Art. Because I'm unbelievably happy that I'm able to experience things that I never would have otherwise if someone hadn't painted/written/sung them for me. And all the emotions I can expose myself to make me wanna scream.

e) Future, I think. Because I'm still young and idealistic enough to think a lot of things are possible, only if I try hard enough. And because I have the hope that that attitude will never change.

*sigh* You caught me in a weird moment. I'd rant longer, but I have work to do.

*blows a kissie*

JoY
03-15-2005, 08:31 AM
I'm not happy because my grandma hates my mom when ever i go to my mom my grandma gets pissed off. another reason i ain't happy is my best friend is on heroin. and i don't have a girl friend. and i'm depressed for no reason

there dr. phil
but aren't their any good aspects to your life?

Radi0_havana52
03-15-2005, 08:37 AM
but aren't their any good aspects to your life?
...nope... i can't think of any.

wliethof
03-15-2005, 08:49 AM
yes i am. I am doing nice things with my life. I know nice people, studying what i want to. Even if things dont seem to go as smooth as they should, I'm still happy with my life. I'm not the kind of person to worry about lame things that you can't really change and that make you feel like crap if you do worry about them.

BuddyHolly
03-15-2005, 09:10 AM
I'm pretty happy right now. I've got a great girlfriend, I might be finishing high-school finally this year, I've got great friends. The only thing I'm missing is a job (or at least money :rolleyes: ).

SicN Twisted
03-15-2005, 09:10 AM
No. Well, maybe yes sometimes for no particular reason. But generally, no.

ThatOneGuy123
03-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Lemme ask you this question,are you on dope?

original_psycho
03-15-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm somewhere in between hapiness and unhappiness. Ah, I'll just make a list:

Good aspects of my life
* Friends. They make me smile and feel good, sometimes.
* Music. I just can't live without music. Listening to music makes me feel good when I'm down.
* Coke. Yes, coke. It makes me so hyper and bouncy, so it makes me somewhat happy. But it's like a drug, I'm affraid =/
* Sometimes, stuff I buy, like clothes or shoes or cds or just stuff that I like, manage to make me happy.
I can't think of more...

Bad aspects of my life
* Parents who fight all the time. I hate it. It makes me sad sometimes, but I got used to it a long time ago.
* My mom. She's a bitch who keeps following around and listens to my phone calls and when I'm not at home, she even talks to my contacts on yahoo. And she always puts me down when I have my hopes up about something. She is the one that keeps getting on my dad's nerves by saying stupid stuff, hence starting all the fights. I hate her.
* My dad. Even though he's the one who works and gives me money for the stuff that I want to buy that make me happy, he's a fat asshole who drinks almost all the time even though it's bad for his health (the doctor said so) and that allways curses my mom and her family. I fucking hate him.
* Sometimes my friends. Yeah, sometimes they are complete assholes.
* School. I hate school. Going to school just manages to ruin my self esteem because I get really bad grades and making me think of myself as a stupid bitch. And all because stupid teachers that are annoying and can't teach.
I can't think of more...
Bah, it seems that I should be all depressed and such. But I'm not. I just don't care.

_ߥ_vil_
03-15-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm not happy now. Today is not a happy day.

My boyf thinks our relationship is boring.
His mates are telling him to dump me
I'm bored cos he's grounded
When he wasn't grounded,on Friday, I had a nice "suprise" for him
He said he was going to see his mates
He knew how much I miss him
Fuck him.

BuddyHolly
03-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Fuck him.

That was his surprise? :p

JoY
03-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Iza, you have significant reasons to be a happy bunny. & you notice them & take advantage of your oportunities & chances. which is exactly what I mean. life isn't Disney World, but as long as you follow your dreams, somewhat realise them, consciously notice the good things around you.. you can be bouncy as fucking Mickey Mouse.

love you, girl.<3

& just for you (nah, also just because I feel like it), I'll add my own rant.

there -are- aspects in my life, that could make me unhappy. but the aspects, that make me happy, simply overrule them.
for one, I'm in love. deeply, head over heels in love. not like a silly passing crush, not a person, who simply draws my interest, no I love, when I even stopped believing it was possible. sometimes all magic & sparkling fluffy bunny things seem to be deprived from your life & you give up on anything that's emotional, just because your main emotion is sadness. so you throw yourself into reason, which in a pure state makes everything cold & indifferent. I mean, that's how it's been for me. until someone's eyes sparkled like seven stars & his touch made my tummy feel tingly, even when it wasn't at all my tummy he was touching. pure magic. love exists. what an eye-opener.

secondly, I know I've made tons of mistakes in my short little life. I'm aware that there are thousands of things I could regret & that I've done things I never could possibly agree with. I -don't- regret these things. my past sometimes haunts me, but things went the way they went, I've made the decisions I've made & time doesn't stop to give me the rest to ponder on it all for a while. everything moves on & so do I. instead of regretting about one fifth of my life, I now only do what I fully support. I stand behind myself. I find it important. this way my decisions these days all seem to have been made with good intentions. no matter how badly they work out.

musically I'm doing fantastic, which is important to me. technically I'm worthless with my violin, but the rest seems to come pretty naturally & I can dream away on my own music, which is a great feeling. the kind of music I play these days (gypsy) is very emotional & nothing logical, which suits me.

I get along with my mother, father & brother SO much much better these days. & I suppose I've been impossible, but now my life is more colourful, richer & happier, my anger, the little devil in me, seems at ease & I can get along with anyone close so much better.

Amsterdam has taken me away from my own little shallow world & has shown me how many oportunities there really are out there. this city makes me happy. the lights by night, showing there's always
-someone- awake at any hour, the water everywhere, that reflects everything beautifully, the old houses, that show everything has it's past, the newness of the city, that shows that everything also has a future..... Amsterdam has made me more realistic & aware. overal aware.

I still can be pretty damn confused & down, but overal it doesn't cost me any effort whatsoever to smile & grin widely.

Izie
03-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Iza, you have significant reasons to be a happy bunny. & you notice them & take advantage of your oportunities & chances. which is exactly what I mean. life isn't Disney World, but as long as you follow your dreams, somewhat realise them, consciously notice the good things around you.. you can be bouncy as fucking Mickey Mouse.

love you, girl.<3

Iza <3 you too! I'd quote your whole post, but it's longie! And hell yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about too :) Even though it's not always peachy, I can get through it. Because there are things and people that help me get through it.

Because I'm worth it *sways hair like the chicks on the commercials* heh

_ߥ_vil_
03-15-2005, 10:22 AM
That was his surprise? :p

Hell no. It was having a bath with him.....Spoiled now..... :mad:

BuddyHolly
03-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Hell no. It was having a bath with him.....Spoiled now..... :mad:

he must be dumb for spoiling that surprise (a bath with his girlfriend)

Inshane
03-15-2005, 10:32 AM
I sure have had a lot of happy moments in my life, especially when I was younger, almost my whole primary school time was great. even though I got bullied and all kinds of problems have gone by, I loved that time of my life.

That seemed to all change and I cant say Im as happy as I wish I was. And I do not say this because I want any attention of any kind, just because Im honest about it to myself. My life at the moment is hard and Ive only just realised that it will be a long time before everything will heal a little. Im not going to number all my problems here, all these emotions can't be put in a list. Since a few weeks I can really smile again, which is an amazing feeling.
Im learning to have a little faith in life again. Im just learning about life at the moment. And Im learning to deal with myself. There is a little progress in all of it, so that is a positive thing in this dark time.
It takes time to be happy, I guess.

_ߥ_vil_
03-15-2005, 10:35 AM
he must be dumb for spoiling that surprise (a bath with his girlfriend)

Yeah...but i'll have to just let him spend time with his mates or I feel selfish even if it hurts.

BuddyHolly
03-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah...but i'll have to just let him spend time with his mates or I feel selfish even if it hurts.

maybe you should but not at that moment, at that moment he should spend some time with you...

the_GoDdEsS
03-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Life is changing me constantly and that's one of the things I'm thankful for because I wouldn't be where I am now. I wouldn't have made the transition from the insecure and shy girl to a self-confident and successful person. And I'm glad where I'm at right now.

What I'm happy with is having a stable home and knowing I can rely on these people with almost everything. I need support. I'm strong on my own but it's always good to know you have a safety net.

I'm happy with my academic life. I've achieved so much and taken every opportunity. And I'm VERY happy I learnt how to take opportunities.

I rush into certain things with enthusiasm. Sometimes that's even dangerous.

I have good friends. Even though I am not always happy with myself not being able to talk about personal things with people. Because I have an emotional wall and process emotions in my head only. It's sometimes causing me trouble.

Also these slight anger fits are bothering me. Because I happen to have an aggressive temper at certain moments and given certain impulses I can hurt people. I've forgiven myself for that and am still struggling with self-control in that department.

I'm not happy when I'm feeling alone which happens quite often. Love's simply missing because it can be such a wonderful feeling. And so complicated on the top of that but I love complicating my life. Love's so inspiring it gives me the most strength to accomplish anything I want.

I'm happy because I feel strong and loved.

slit_wrists
03-15-2005, 12:37 PM
id be happyer if i didnt av to go to school but yeah i am a very happy person

Iddy
03-15-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm a happy person.

I've learnt that only you can make you truely happy, you cannot rely on others for it as everyone is searching for inner happiness too.

Its the little things in life that make me smile, stupid harmless things that make me laugh uncontrollably. Your own happiness reflects off everything and everyone around you... i'm very happy right now :D

fairy call
03-15-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm sometimes happy, but most of the time, I'm worried or kind of unhappy...
And I know I don't really have a reason to be unhappy, but I guess it's just the way I am, I'm probably not made to be happy, and I can live with that most of the time.
I'm mostly worried that I'm never going to find someone that understands me, and I don't like the way everyone's eventually lonely.
that sounded pretty stupid =/

RXP
03-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Right now I'm the happiest I've been since I was a kid. Everything is going well.

JoY
03-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Because I'm worth it *sways hair like the chicks on the commercials* heh
like, totally.
*is the brunette standing behind you, throwing her hair back*

& even more. :)

Izie
03-15-2005, 01:48 PM
;) You betcha!

Tired_Of_You
03-15-2005, 01:58 PM
Generaly I'm happy. Actually I'm happier this year than I've ever been.

Why am I happy? Because...
- I'm young. I have so much time to decide everything. I have hope. Hope that I might have a job I like, hope that I'll have the life I want. I have a lot of things I want to achieve before I die.

- My parents and friends. They aren't perfect, I don't want to be with them all the time, but what would I do without them? They will help me if I'm sad and I'll do the same for them. I love them, they make me laugh, smile and they often make my life easier.

Also because my step-father changed. He was always drunk everyday, he didn't care for my mother and for me either, we didn't have a lot of money and he didn't search for a goddam job. Now he doesn't drink as much as before ( It's been a long time since I've seen him drunk ) and he has a job.

-Myself. Myself? Yes, I mean, I like how I am, I'm not the teen without self esteem I was 2-3 years ago crying for some stupid stuff and I still don't have to worry about having enough money to buy bread and milk at the end of the week or if I have enough money to pay the bills.

- Because we don't have to care about the fucking bread and the milk at the end of the week. My mother has a good job now and we don't have to care as much about the money as we used to.

There are more, I suppose I could write the stuff that makes me unhappy but anyway... =)