PDA

View Full Version : Ides of March.

Noodles is gay
03-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Yes; Happy Ides of March to you all! :D

It was on this faithful day, in 44BC, that Julius Caesar, the celebrated Roman general, statesman and dictator, was assassinated (traditionally) in the Senate House by conspirators led by Cassius and Brutus.

Jenny. :cool:

Endymion
03-15-2005, 10:39 AM
*shrug* people die all the time. bethe died two weeks ago and you didn't see a post about him.

Noodles is gay
03-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Apparently Caesar said:

"Et tu, Brute?"

'And you, Brutus?' Brutus was his friend and Caesar couldn't believe that he would betray him.

Nevertheless, i don't think that Caesar did say that at all because he was assassinated by approx. 20 conspirators, all trying to stab him, so it would have been absolute chaos and methinks that Caesar wouldn't have been able to even utter those 3 words.

Duskygrin: nearly! tu quoque filii? - you also friend? Much the same, but the most common 'last words' were the ones in which Caesar actually named his 'friend'. You shouldn't have quit Latin; it's great!

Noodles is gay
03-15-2005, 12:01 PM
That's the case with most people, or their school just doesn't do it at all - that sucks. Greek rocks too, everyone should do Greek and Latin.

How come people like pi-day more than the anniversary of the death of one of the greatest men in history? C'mon people! It's been 2049 years since his death! :eek:

Noodles is gay
03-15-2005, 12:10 PM
^ I'm not 5!!!

*likes it really* :p

Oh yeah I got it I think... tu quoque filii?

tu quoque filii? - you also friend

oops; dammit, just noticed my little mistake :p I'm good! Filii actually means 'son' :o so Caesar definately wouldn't have said that - I must've been thinking of beloved Greek again (philos)

I don't know
03-15-2005, 12:16 PM
is he dead????????hehehehe, just kidding :D . I didn't know how he died, this forum is also culture, hehehe

Endymion
03-15-2005, 04:29 PM
i don't consider caeser to have been all that important. many people whose names you've never even heard have had a far greater impact on your life.