PDA

View Full Version : I got my car airborne today

Mota Boy
03-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Mota Boy's Tales from the Road

The weather is gorgeous today. The sun is out, there is a slight breeze blowing and the temperature is in the sixties. On the way back from picking up my lunch I had to cross a section of the road raised high to meet some train tracks running perpendicular. Usually there's someone idling along in front of me, but this time the road was clear. The Machines of Loving Graces' "Butterfly Wings" was blasting and the windows were rolled down, so that was all the excuse I needed to accellerate. Forty miles an hour was all it took and I had a brief moment when all four wheels tasted air, then I hit the other side laughing my ass off.

I couldn't just go back to work after that, so I picked a side road and started off down it. "Butterfly Wings" gave way to the Blue Man Group's cover of "White Rabbit" as I went up a windy road with the forest so thick on both sides that it seemed the road had been carved out of it. The road doubled back on itself several times, passed through a tiny town and then headed up a mountain. Off across the valley were clear swaths of land that would've been chairlifts if this was Colorado but here marked the paths of power lines. At the summit was a parked pick-up, its owner was out of the cab, taking in the sights. Filter's "Take a Picture" provided the soundtrack as I crested the mountain and started into the next valley, trying not to spend too much time eyeing a fire in the distance. Eventually I forced myself to turn around. I love driving, and I used to know that it was time to turn around and head back home when the radio station to which I was listening faded into nothingness, but since I got XM radio... one of these days, when I'm in an especially good mood, the weather and scenery are gorgeous and the music is right... I might leave on a lunch break and end up in another state.

HornyPope
03-15-2005, 12:04 PM
You're one step closer to turning your vehicule triphibian. Next step: drive off a bridge into a lake.

I kid, I kid.

Ellie
03-15-2005, 12:29 PM
So, did you feel more like Bo or Luke?

...the Blue Man Group's cover of "White Rabbit"...

You've got to be kidding.

Mota Boy
03-15-2005, 02:20 PM
So, did you feel more like Bo or Luke?
What's funny is that I could live within an hour of Hazzard county (assuming the fictional Georgia county was strategically placed).

You've got to be kidding.
Nope. I had to check the receiver a couple times to be sure I was reading it correctly, as previously I'd only seen their instrumental CD. I seem to remember them playing the song at their show, but I don't remember if they had the lyrics covered at that time or not.

Pope - that's currently on dock for the summer.

Ellie
03-15-2005, 06:56 PM
What's funny is that I could live within an hour of Hazzard county (assuming the fictional Georgia county was strategically placed).

Really? Ha. That is pretty funny. So, which is it? Bo or Luke? Or maybe you feel more like Daisy? ;)

Nope. I had to check the receiver a couple times to be sure I was reading it correctly, as previously I'd only seen their instrumental CD. I seem to remember them playing the song at their show, but I don't remember if they had the lyrics covered at that time or not.

Man, that's somethin'. How does it sound?

Anyway, it seems like you had a pretty damn fine day behind the wheel and a good accompanying soundtrack.

dirtybird
03-15-2005, 07:38 PM
You're one step closer to turning your vehicule triphibian. Next step: drive off a bridge into a lake.

I kid, I kid.

Triumph?

Is this a subchapter of Mota Boy's random thoughts?

HornyPope
03-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Triumph what?

Hysteria
03-16-2005, 03:26 AM
I swear Mota Boy and HornyPope are the same person.

4eh
03-16-2005, 03:31 AM
^ nah, i don't think so but i think HornyPope русский, не так ли?

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Or maybe you feel more like Daisy? ;)

Good news, good news!

HornyPope
03-16-2005, 02:38 PM
I login as Mota Boy from work. I like using two pseudonyms because it keeps my post count low and gives the impression that I seldom have the time to post on the BBS.

But really we're the same person.

Mota Boy
03-16-2005, 03:01 PM
But really we're the same person.
You flatter us.

Or maybe you feel more like Daisy?
Only on the weekends.