PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is the worst excuse for a punk band?

billiejoe87_greenday
03-16-2005, 01:25 AM
I thought id start this thread cos a lot of people say which bands they DONT think deserve to be labelled punks, and a lot of them are really cool bands in my opinion like Blink 182 and Green Day. I wreckon the worst excuse for a punk outfit is busted. THEY AINT PUNK!!

sk8ter-hater
03-16-2005, 01:28 AM
Stop makine stupid ass threads which everybody chooses to ignore, obviously i didn't and I'm here nodding in disappointment, just post on the original threads and don't exect to make a great thread.
You tried and failed miserably, lesson is,never try.

musicrox
03-16-2005, 02:30 AM
shut da fuck up sk8er hater this is a good thread!! I wreckon that Good Charlotte are the worst excuse for punk. They suck!! Offspring and greenday rule!

billiejoe87_greenday
03-16-2005, 02:38 AM
I never considered avril lavigne punk. I didnt mind her music pop wise a few years ago, but she was never punk. ANd i think she even knew that!

musicrox
03-16-2005, 02:44 AM
I personally never found avril punk. but a lot of people did. i thought she was shit. but betta than good charlotte!

musicrox
03-16-2005, 03:12 AM
I cant believe that the offspring is losing in the poll, cos they are way better than the rest.

4eh
03-16-2005, 03:47 AM
maybe Green Day sells punk rock but not as much as fucking bitches from Simple Plan and Good Charlotte, they really suck, they play rock for sleazy girls.

Striker
03-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Oh god, this poll is so stupid......

Hyper nova
03-16-2005, 09:19 AM
only 4 band where are the rest i why that selection????? im very :confused:

ThatOneGuy123
03-16-2005, 10:23 AM
SHUT THE FUCK UP ALL OF YOU DADDY IS SPEAKING!!.....if you love green day why the hell did you put Green Day on the poll?Are you coming out of the Green day closet and admiting you hate them?

offspringintenselyrock
03-16-2005, 10:28 AM
maybe Green Day sells punk rock but not as much as fucking bitches from Simple Plan and Good Charlotte, they really suck, they play rock for sleazy girls.

I don't know Simple Plan, so I can't say anything about them, but I'm pretty sure I know Good Charlotte better than you and they don't "play for sleazy girls" You don't know anything about them :mad:

sphinxdaking
03-16-2005, 10:45 AM
I went to their concert in stockholm. about 3000 people, rarely any dudes...only girls that were in the age between 10 - 15. I don't really like em, but here you go to any concert thats almost good :P

offspringintenselyrock
03-16-2005, 10:50 AM
I went to a Good Charlotte concert march 4th, and it was probably about 60:40 boys to girls. Maybe 50:50, but honestly there were loads of guys there. And the girls didn't look like groupies either. Wait...10 to 15? Are you serious? I didn't see anyone that young!! Most people were late teens or summit.

Aussie123
03-16-2005, 01:53 PM
I lost my password so now im a damn junior member again! I aint ben to this forum in ages! I wreckon good charlotte is the worst.

billiejoe87_greenday
03-16-2005, 01:57 PM
I posted Green Day on the poll cos even thoughi like green day, a lot of people in this foum dont.

Floyd the Barber
03-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Add New Found Glory to the list. Their lead singer sounds like he castrated himself.

nameless
03-16-2005, 03:57 PM
i hate to sound like im stuck in the past but too many "punk" bands today just seem to want to live the rock star lifestyle, to me they are just being exploited by major labels as it whats "in" at the moment, maybe with the demise of blink 182 things might start to change!

SkunkIt
03-16-2005, 09:57 PM
Where did all these new idiots come from? (I'm not calling all new people idiots, just some).

offspringrammsteinfan
03-17-2005, 03:42 AM
the only good band in that poll is -right-yeah- Offspring. The rest suck and never should be seen as a punkband.

4eh
03-17-2005, 03:48 AM
I don't know Simple Plan, so I can't say anything about them, but I'm pretty sure I know Good Charlotte better than you and they don't "play for sleazy girls" You don't know anything about them :mad:

and i'm not goin' to know something about them, cause they suck for me.
I didn't mean that all the fans are sleazy girls, but most of them. i can see this new wave of punk in Russia, bands like Good Charlotte or Simple Plan are very good selling

offspringjon
03-17-2005, 09:15 AM
who the hell clicked that Offspring is the worst excuse for a punk band?

offspringintenselyrock
03-17-2005, 09:51 AM
Well maybe they're selling because people like their music. Sure some people might think they're attractive. But do people listen to bands just because they fancy the singers? Maybe they do....argh that shouldn't be allowed! Anyway, whatever the other fans like them for, they're just doing what they've always wanted to do.Living the dream. They've pulled themselves out of a big rut, and they want to give something to the other people who might be in the same position as they were. They're not bad guys andthey don't pretend to be anything they're not. So stop giving them such a hard time.

original_psycho
03-17-2005, 01:55 PM
shut da fuck up sk8er hater this is a good thread!! I wreckon that Good Charlotte are the worst excuse for punk. They suck!! Offspring and greenday rule!
Dude, first learn how to type, then argue with smart people.

billiejoe87_greenday
03-18-2005, 03:19 AM
These music rox and fuckme guys are fucking losers. Just ignore what they write.

nickspring-82
03-18-2005, 09:36 AM
i hate to sound like im stuck in the past but too many "punk" bands today just seem to want to live the rock star lifestyle, to me they are just being exploited by major labels as it whats "in" at the moment, maybe with the demise of blink 182 things might start to change!

as a blink fan i must protest, say what you will, you know not much about music history, riddled throughout this forum i state many a time, blink 182 are over a decade old, hence have nothing to do with new wave punk bands like simple plan, sum41, GC, and NFG... who mirrored blink 182 having clearly idolised them in the californian scene late 90's .......MAKING new wave punk the " it " thing among punk in mainstream, and sold to the pre teen girlies, blink 182 fell into that marketing zone after dammit was made famous

billiejoe87_greenday
03-18-2005, 03:17 PM
I dont think anything will change with the fall of Blink 182. They were a lot better than a lot of other shit so called punk bands that were around at the same time, and all these other bands are still around.

Come out and smash'em up!
03-19-2005, 07:03 AM
Sum 41 is new from year 2000 or something ,but it doesn't mean that it cant be punk listen to songs like hell song and still waiting!

Offspring rulez! i choosed simple plain becouse i saw its video and it was horrible! :mad:

nameless
03-21-2005, 02:58 PM
ok, im a fan of blink as well, although not as much as i used to be, i didnt mean it to seem like that post was aimed at them as i know they have worked hard to get where they are, they seem to be the most recent influencial "punk" band, i just very much doubt that the bands theyve infulenced have any lastability, it comes down to what many see as selling out, is it really worth it for modern day punk bands to sign their lives away to a major label for a couple of years of stardom?!

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Why the hell did you put Offspring and Green Day as choices. 8 people voted Offspring as the worst.......and again this has nothing to do with The Offspring

Blue Boy
03-22-2005, 03:30 PM
I thought id start this thread cos a lot of people say which bands they DONT think deserve to be labelled punks, and a lot of them are really cool bands in my opinion like Blink 182 and Green Day. I wreckon the worst excuse for a punk outfit is busted. THEY AINT PUNK!!i agree busted are crap

foxy
03-22-2005, 03:32 PM
i agree but they say there pop rock what eva that is

Blue Boy
03-22-2005, 03:35 PM
i agree but they say there pop rock what eva that is
well there rong
:mad: