PDA

View Full Version : The Smashing Pumpkins

wheelchairman
10-30-2004, 06:20 AM
Ah I really love this band. It's almost scary. lately I've been fasinated by this one song called The Crying Tree of Mercury. It's just so dark. I will post the lyrics at the end. I personally love most of their songs, if not all. Their oldest stuff is, well it's not as good as what came later on in my opinion. The height though was Melancholy. Anyways that's my amateur opinion on music.

This is the song I've been singing my whole life
I've been waiting like a knife
To cut open your heart
And bleed my soul to you
I did it all for you
You and you and you and you
This is the sound I've been making my whole life
I've been waiting for this night
To clear up all the talk
Althought I'm selfish to a fault
Is it selfish it's you I want
You I did it all for you
This love will stand as long as you
There's really no excuse
I did it all for you
These are the tears I've been crying my whole life
Like an ocean of desire
I'm reaching thru the noise
Across the dusk of time
Within the lilting lies
I am singing out to you

As most of you know, The Smashing Pumpkin's have broken up. The lead singer and the Pumpkin's old drummer formed a band called Zwan that was pretty good as well. Although they broke up not long after their (I believe) second album came out.

James Iha has one album out too. It's alright.

Master of Puppets
10-30-2004, 07:26 AM
an ok band, i personally prefer their early, heavier, grunge stuff to the lighter, poppy later stuff

corgan really starts to annoy me after a while though

anyway, corgan has a solo album comin out in a few months

babycraze{Angie}
10-30-2004, 06:28 PM
HOLY SHIT! I LOVE the album Gish I have it. I Am One is the best song. Smashing Pumpkins are badass. But I personally think Gish was their best album along side Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. But Gish is their BEST!!!!!!! :cool:

Rag Doll
10-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Is Billy's poetry book out there yet? You should pick it up. When I get my kinda/sorta pumpkins tattoo around Christmas, I'll have to show you.

You definitely already know how I feel about them tho =p.

Master of Puppets
10-30-2004, 07:32 PM
HOLY SHIT! I LOVE the album Gish I have it. I Am One is the best song. Smashing Pumpkins are badass. But I personally think Gish was their best album along side Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. But Gish is their BEST!!!!!!! :cool:

yes gish is real good, i am one is an amazing song, so is siva

but their slow soft songs suck

but lets not forget the awesomeness of XYU, an ode to no one, and bullet w/ butterfly wings off of melon collie

and to rag doll: im pretty sure the poetry book is due out within a few months if it isnt already out

Rag Doll
10-30-2004, 07:38 PM
I have it. But WCM lives in Denmark, so I didn't know if it was out there yet or not.

Master of Puppets
10-30-2004, 07:42 PM
ahhh, hey you live in NJ, coolness

wheelchairman
10-31-2004, 02:47 AM
Ah no Sam/DG I haven't even heard that there was one coming out. But I'll make sure to find it when it does here in Denmark. And yeah I know your attitudes towards the pumpkins, twas your influence that made me decide to be tolerant enough to listen to them. That and a documentary on Swedish tv about them.

bouncingcoles
11-01-2004, 03:06 PM
smashing pumpkins was one of the first bands i was introduced to when i was 6 in 1993 along with nirvana offspring and greenday.

babycraze{Angie}
11-01-2004, 07:33 PM
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit i don't even remember ALL of the bands i 1st knew when i was like 2 or 3 back in 1994 but i KNOW Green Day was 1 of them and i still LOVE Green Day till this very day. Smashing Pumkins, Bad Religion, NOFX, The Cure, New Order, No Doubt, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Misfits, and i think the Clash were the ones i can basically remember and sum locals too. the locals are fuckin' BADASS! their sound is just about the same as the pros man, im dead serious.

Offspring_01
11-01-2004, 07:37 PM
I kinda like this band to. Not bad!